2Cuckoo CRP-P1009S

Cuckoo CRP-P1009S Questions & Answers

hungly1158
hungly1158

I bought the rice cooker cuckoo about 13 months ago , still can cook , but there is too much water in the boiler lid , causing the rice to spoil , what to do now ? Thanks

susaninmunich
susaninmunich

Hi - I am having difficulties in making sushi rice- that is not too sticky! I tried reducing the water (when cooking 4 cups of rice going to water level "3". This still doesnt help. I tried the glutinous rice program, as well as the turbo glutinous program, but the rice is coming out very sticky and dense. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks, Susan

Yvon M.
Yvon M.

The water should only be about 5 millimeters above the top of the rice line. You don't need that much water. Experiment with it. Good luck!

Nimal P.

How to change language from Korean to English?

Nimal P.

How to change language to English

Elisa L.
Elisa L.

So confused... Which mode do you use for regular short-grain Japanese white rice? (not sushi rice, not sweet glutinous rice). My Cuckoo has a "glutinous rice" mode, a "sushi rice" mode, and a "mixed rice" mode. And Which mode do you use for regular short-grain brown rice? I see a "GABA" mode but my brown rice is NOT GABA germinated...

C H.
C H.

Has anyone used this to cook Basmati rice with good results? i.e. still light and fluffy, not ending up sticky/mushy like short/medium grain?

Ingrid

Hello, which program should I use for sushi rice and for long grain rice like jasmin rice?

Jeremy
Jeremy

Glutenous rice setting

Lena

please use the Glutinous Rice setting for both medium grain and jasmine rice; Glutinous Rice Turbo if you want express cooking. Mixed Rice setting is when you want healthier, mixed grains plus rice cooked together. For Koreans, their default rice type for normal meals is medium grain. Hope this helps.

Ingrid

Thanks a lot for your response. Last question if I want to cook wild rice in that case I should use brown rice right?

amil y.
amil y.

I have 3 cuckoo rice cooker 2 small and 1 big cuckoo.. why my 2 cuckoo rice cooker when i cook my rice it becomes yellowish after 1 day of cooking?

brotheruser1
brotheruser1

Where are the cuckoo manufactured?

Lena

Hi, it's made in Korea, as proudly stated on the control panel of the appliance itself; well, at least mine is. I believe Cuckoo products are still made in Korea. To be sure, please contact Cuckoo Australia. Hope this helps.

To Leena
Could I know where did you purchase 2019 Australia version 1H rice cooker for $590 in March 2020 please?
Jen

imdafons
imdafons

Hanaroo supermarket at brownsplains QLD

All hanaroos in Australia can access these

Thank you.

JustaPerson

How long does your cuckoo take to cook 2 cups of white rice and which one do you have? Looking at the $330 ones

Hello
Its been a while since Ive used my Cuckoo as Im overseas but I think maybe 15-20 minutes. I have the largest one 10 cup Cuckoo (think I paid approx $700) and for versatility (cooking foods other than rice) I think its necessary. If you only want to cook rice and smaller volumes then I think the one you are looking at should be fine.

thanh
thanh

I just bought cuckoo rice cookers (6cups),but it is quite small for my family, can I change it to take (10 cups)?

Corey

I think you’ll need to chat with the distributor but I imagine they won’t allow it if it’s been used. I’ve got the 10 cup and is a good size. Maybe you could sell the 6 cup and put the money towards the 10 cup

Corey

I asked a question months ago. No answer. Some of these reviews don't say which item they bought so how are we meant to make use of these reviews? Anything worth reading is too old and out of date. Not helpful

Malinda

How do you cook fluffy rice? Mine comes out like sushi rice and my husband doesn't like it. I've hardly used mine as I can't get rice that isn't sticky. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kellie9
Kellie9

Use the cup measure included. Wash the rice first, rinse it well till the water is clear (or close enough). Then use the water settings and rice cooker settings for glutinous rice. I think mine has a two cup minimum.

Malinda

Hi Kellie9, I’ll try that, it’s been a while since I tried it. I gave up cause hubby hated it. Thank you.

Corey

Wanting to know about what the minimum amount of rice or other grain that can be cooked in a 6 or 10 cup IH cuckoo? I am only cooking for myself so usually a cup of rice at the most is what I would use. I prefer to have a pressure cooker than a normal rice cooker but I also want to make sure it will work. Also, is it easy to cook grains and legumes together, as in the Indian kichadi? Can I use this cooker without using pressure?

Anna
Anna

What is the smallest amount of rice that this rice cooker will comfortably cook?

chokoreto02
chokoreto02

Does anyone has an issue with melanoizing? The rice is a little sticky and yellowish at the bottom. I have read the manual and that it's normal but my other japanese rice cooker doesn't do that. Any way to prevent that? Reducing water?

dong5deankim

They are pressure rice cookers so the rice is stickier & softer.

1. You can use "Turbo" function to make them fluffier like japanese rice cookers.

2. To prevent the yellowish bottom, you should rinse rice a couple of times more as the tiny rice residuals are the ones becoming yellowish on the bottom.

Polita lai
Polita lai

Is this cooker suitable to cook for 2 person around one cup of rice?

lai
lai

Hi there, it can but too big for this job, I would buy something else for just one cup rice

Toni
Toni

Where can I buy a Cuckoo Rice( 5cup) pressure 240 v in Sth Australia?

franciecas

You can also buy it on ebay.com.au (they are aussie based retailers)

Mazzie_Star

Hi Everyone, do these rice cookers have a minimum amount of rice you can cook? I never need to cook a lot of rice.

Thanks in advance.

franciecas

Depends on the size of your cooker. For the 10 cup models, you can cook minimum of 2-4 cups of rice (uncooked). The newer model that cooks 6 cups I would assume requires less rice as a minimum.

Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Cuckoo representatives

Extra Information