Cycling Express

Cycling Express

See the Best Bike Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cycling Express

JPSaint
JPSaintSydney, NSW

Extremely Disappointed

Ordered some high quality bib shorts that were on sale. Was contacted more than a week later to say they were not available but would I accept an alternative design bib short from the same manufacturer which I reluctantly agreed to. When they arrived another week later, they were waist shorts of much lesser value and not in the correct size. I have since sent photos of the incorrect item and they have still not sorted it. It is now 25 days since my original order was placed and it has not been resolved nor have they been in communication regarding resolution.

Brian
Brian

Great communication and quick deivery

I've ordered twice from this company and found delivery times and packaging to be great. I also posted a question that was answered quickly and in a polite manner. Will be a regular customer going forward.

Shaun g
Shaun g

Avoid like the plague, along with Azzurri products

Find out how Cycling Express compares to other Bike Shops

Wrong item sent and then no refund provided as promised and now radio silence

Bought some Shimano pedals and brakes were sent. I was instructed to send back and agreed to a full refund plus postage cost which has still not been provided. It has been weeks of no response even though the brakes were received by cycling express.

Disgusting Aftersales "Service"

Purchased an Azzuri Pro XL which apparently comes with a lifetime warranty. The frame has cracked and they are now offering a Verite frame or an Azzuri Forza size L replacement. I'm 6ft 4" and purchased the XL to suit my height however they are disregarding thing.

This has been an ongoing saga for over 1 year in which i must admit I was only able to find the receipt 6-9 months ago. This is not an acceptable time frame for a resolution.

And they are asking they i pay $200+ for the replacement frame to be shipped.

Disgusting, won't be purchasing through them in future.

brindabellablue
brindabellablueCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Worthless Warranty

The carbon frame on my Azzurri Forza supposedly had a lifetime warranty from Cycling Express. However when the frame cracked due to a manufacturing fault, Cycling Express refused to honour their warranty and, because they are now off-shore, they just wave two fingers at Australian Consumer Laws.
Cheap bikes, maybe, but lifetime warranty is a joke. Get what you pay for!

Cammo1971

Bad Service

998 cooper
998 cooperLakelands

Boardman TT Frame Issues. Cracking On Rear Stays

Cycling Express is a major disappointment. Purchased a Boardman Elite 9.8tt frame in September 2013 & have 2 cracks in the rear stays where the bottom bracket assembly joins the stays. The cracks have slowly developed but now have become noticeable & I am concerned about complete failure. Have advised Cycling Express & they are refusing to accept claim stating that manufacturing defects normally occur in the 1st 12 months. The frame is covered for a full 36 months. Have also taking up issue direct with Boardman but very disappointed in the overall experience. Will be seeking legal action if matter not resolved but be very careful about dealing with these people.

MarkPoint Cook

Warranty claim on Time X-Presso 12 Titan Carbon Pedals

I purchased a pair of Time X-Presso 12 Titan Carbon Pedals, which weren't cheap. To cut a long story short I am on my second pair of of pedals (the first replaced under warranty) and the second again has resulted in a crack in the casing after 2 months. I returned my pedals to Cycling Express on the 9th July to their depo in Tullamarine for transfer to Singapore so they can be sent to Tim for Warranty inspection. As of the 2nd Aug they are still in Tullamarine. I have made several attempts to get this resolved quickly but have failed on all accounts. The only way to contact these guys is via email.

Mark

Its now early October still waiting.

Mark

It is now Nov 2015 and still waiting. it has now been 4 months since I sent the items back to Cycling Express.

I also don't normally post reviews, but...

I usually shop around for the best products and deals, and I always recommend these guys to my friends and club members. I've used these guys many times as they usually offer the best deals (especially if they have a sale on), and everything I've ever received is top quality and genuine. I also bought my current road bike frame (Kuota KOM Air) and many of the components for the build from them. Initially I had a few questions regarding the assembly of the forks/headset etc, and they couldn't do enough to help - they immediately offered me a refund if there was any problems (which I'm relieved there wasn't as it's a great bike:)

I don't normally post reviews, but...

I purchased a set of RS21's off Cycling Express for $99 + $15 for delivery. Thinking that this deal was too good to be true, I searched around and found this site. I started to get worried after reading all of the negative experiences posted here. But my concerns were soon layed to rest when the wheels arrived on the fourth business day after I placed the order. The wheels are true and spokes seem evenly tensions.

I am very happy with the product, service, and the price plus shipping was exceptional value. 10/10.

rider89
rider89Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Haven't missed a beat

I buy from quite a few online retailers; wiggle, cyclingdeal, torpedo7, pushys and have placed a lot of orders with cyclingexpress. Every order has been quick and well packed. I often compare their prices with that of wiggle and others and 9/10 they are better (for what they stock, which is far more limited than wiggle, etc).

Will keep using them.