See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Air Con

Been using my Daikin Q series for nearly a year now so far so good, it cools and heats the house very well, and the outside unit is super quiet.

Purchased in December 2018.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Be careful of false advertising

Daikin has advertised this previously (before my purchase) as having a photocatalytic filtration system -I could not find this filtration system, and Daikin refused to confirm if they actually had it. This matter has been forwarded to the relevant authorities. Works well however, will emit a bad smell if left on auto fan mode. Quiet operation, given the filtration system I would opt for the panasonic or LG as in my Opinion they have a better filtration system.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Great unit!

Ordered this unit when our old Daikin broke. Very happy! You could immediately feel the difference! It’s very easy to operate and quiet to run. It’s the only unit in our 3-bedroom house and it does a great job of heating and cooling the whole house.

Purchased in July 2019.

Home Insulation Level Average

Powerful and quiet

High quality unit, worth the price premium. Quiet and effective, easy to use. Head unit small for the output. 7kw unit was correct size for our family room, which is large with west windows.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,890.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Whisper quiet, cools entire house.

Installed, it cost about $3200.

It's quiet and you never hear it running, have had it for about 4 months now. Your dealer may tell you it's not WiFi compatible, apparently their WiFi units are intended for the smaller systems and don't fully work with the larger units.

However, we had them do it anyway and they wanted to see if they even could. It does work, can be tricky to sync up, multiple closes of the app on the phone were required, and it doesn't have all the features.

Can basically turn it on and off when you are out of home and change the settings, temp settings, but not the fan speed - apparently that's what you miss. Not entirely sure why as the smaller systems work fine.

Cools the entire house extremely quick for reference it's a 4 bedroom with a granny flat, it will keep the lounge and hallways cold, the cool will seep into the rooms and granny flat as well.

Purchased in December 2018 at J & R Refrigeration for $3,200.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Whole House

Widespread noise fault with hideous after sales service

5 months ago had this unit installed in my 2 year old bedroom: 3 months after installation the unit developed a clicking noise. Installers advised issue with motor and needed to call Daikin for warranty service. When calling Daikin twice I've been on hold 20 minutes, the first time to be told to fill in a form, scan it in and email back to log a service request. I then had to call a couple of days later (another 20min wait) to see where my request was. I was told I needed to wait 4 business days for a Service Request number, strangely I had a service number emailed to me 30min after the call. As of this report, this service ticket has been in the system for a week and still no response from Daikin until I followed up with a call. The noise is getting louder and now my little one can't sleep when it's on. Whatever you do, do not buy one of these split system units. You pay a premium for budget after sales service and the worst performing aircon unit I've ever installed.

Purchased in October 2018.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Noisy Rattle - supposed to be quiet - NOT!

Was sold this unit on the promise of it being the quietest on the market but its been nothing but a hassle since installed - with both the installer admitting that it is faulty and replacing parts, and now Daikin Australia attending twice and still working to fix it. I've been very underwhelmed by this unit. Overall, a poor experience.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Efficient and ideal for large sized rooms (40 sq meters)

After reading a couple of negative reviews on this unit from ProductReview, I was a bit hesitant - what if there is an issue with this particular model (7.1 Cora). To my delight, the unit has proved to be energy efficient and effective in cooling and heating my open plan kitchen and dining area. I am thrilled with the siginifcantly reduced energy costs compared to my central airconditioning with add-on heating, as I'm able to compare power consumption information in real time via my Fronius Smart Meter (solar panel system accessory). I will install the optional wifi module and PCA board to enable control of this unit via the internet soon. I think this will be a valuable on extremely sunny days, where I can turn on this unit whilst still at work, and therefore cool the house down when there is excess power produced by the solar panels. Will help keep my indoor plants cool. :) Not to mention a more comfortable home when I come back from work in the evening on those scorching hot summer days.

$3030 inclusive of GST fully installed (back to back) with wall bracket onto brick wall at ground floor level including separate circuit breaker to the switchboard, with plastic conduit covers; I felt this was quite reasonable and the installers were reasonably careful to reduce dust levels when drilling through the external brick work.

The only negative that I have about this unit is that there doesn't seem to be an anti mould function anymore. This is where the unit continues to run the fan on the internal air handler unit at low speed after the unit is powered of. This extended fan operation is designed to dry out the coils, thereby avoiding mould from developing. My other (older) Daikin 3.5 kW unit has this anti mould function but no the new one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

One of the beat brand on which you can trust.

One of the best aircon. Dakin is very good brand. I am having three dakin cora in my bedrooms so thought to go for same in my lounge room. These units comes with r32 gas which is more efficient in terms of cooling and power consumption. Both indoor and outdoor units are quiet .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Much better than other brands

Got this for our living room as the old air con for example used over 15kw in a day during summer last year and was way to much for a single room. This unit cut the cost down to about 2-8kw depending on settings and how hot or cold it is outside but still cut down cost heaps

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Noisier than expected

Cools my 2 bedroom unit very well and also heats it satisfactorily but mainly only when on 25 degrees. I was told 23 degrees is the expected norm for economical heating.

It started a tick pretty much after it was installed but I ignored it and hoped it would go away. I have hearing aids so I can easily ignore or not hear it. I've just had these altered and notice now how noisy it is when you have it on full blast or anything more than 2 fans in Air Force.

I bought this model because I read it was quiet. Perhaps if you're deaf yes but if not and it's near the TV you'll be turning the TV volume up.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Quiet and cheap to run baby Daikin - love it in our bedroom

A quiet and compact reverse cycle inverter high wall split air conditioner. An easy to use system that was the best thing we ever did because of how cheap it is to run in winter. It was installed by Carseldine Air Conditioning and they did a fantastic job by removing our old and replacing the air conditioner with this one. Love it!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Summer saviour

Bought this in 2017 during a heatwave. Its able to cool down our 1940's home effectively. Also it heats it up in winter time too. The timer is easy to set and i am able to ensure that its on before i wake up. Its a great investment for our home and our comfort. I would only ever get Daikin as its the best brand for inverters.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very good

Very good And strong air condition. It works in few minutes time. No complaints so far. It’s bit expensive but worth spending money on it as it works really well. Heating system is great too. It’s quiet and not very noisy. Installation was done in couple of hours. Easy settings.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Avoid this model if you live in a cold climate.

I had a Daikin FTXM71QVMA installed in Canberra in January 2017. I rarely use it in summer but rely on it in winter. I was less than happy at the initial level of service and things have not improved.

During winter 2017 I thought the external component dropped too much water but the installer, without attending, said this was normal. I got up late so did not turn it on very early in the mornings. This year there is another person in the house and the heater is turned on at 6:30 am when the outdoor temp is low.

I am finding the heating aspect a huge disappointment. The second below zero (-5C) morning temperature saw the internal unit turn off seven times between 6:30 and 9 in a vain attempt to defrost the external unit and by 9am the indoor temp was still only 15C. A call to the installer evoked a list of ridiculous suggestions and Daikin responded that the unit's behaviour was not unusual. Every sub-zero morning the unit struggles to de-frost itself and the power goes to that instead of to heating the house.

I have been trying to get someone to check the water overflow which is a bucketload not a cup full. No luck. When I installed a heat pump hot water system tradies warned that it would turn to an ice block in a Canberra winter. The heat pump hot water service has worked extremely well. But the heat pump Daikin air con is a constant ice cube.

Choice has just published a new assessment of air conditioners and ranked this model 9th out of 10 in the large >6KW range. On my experience I wouldn't have ranked it at all.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very efficient reverse cycle heat pump

It lives up to its 5 star energy rating. Very energy efficient - very important these days when electricity charges are high.

Super quiet.

I have two more Daikins in my house and they too have served me very well over 10 years. This is also one of the reasons for choosing this one.

Also the installation was performed very professionally.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Has been a lifesaver!

We bought our house 2 years ago and it had no cooling or heating built in. We went through our first winter with just a coil heater to heat 3 rooms. We soon realised we needed something stronger especially coming into summer where cooling would definitely be required. Summer time we had Christmas at our house with 12 adults, thank goodness for the Daikin and its ability to cool such a large area in a short time and keep it cool. It has really saved us in both summer and winter times every since we bought it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Stale/mouldy smell from Daikin airconditioners

Had two Daikin airconditioners installed but after 10 months they started to give off a stale/wet sock odor when turned on. Had installers check it out and they used an aircon cleaner on coils but it only lasted a few days before smell came back again. Rang Daikin and the lady who answered the phone said she had the same problem with the same Daikin model just a few months after having it installed. She said to run it on fan for 30 minutes for seven days and spray with Glen 20 which I did but after the 7 days it was the same.
Daikin is willing to come out but will charge a $99 call out fee and $110 per hour for labor if it is not a manufacturing problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I paid almost $5000 to have these two Daikin airconditioners installed and chose the brand for its reputation and 5 year warranty. The odor is unpleasant and tends to linger in the soft furnishings and I am hoping it’s not a mould problem causing health risks. I would not expect any airconditioner to have this problem especially such a reputable brand as Daikin.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

I love it

This machine works great it’s silent easy to use with control the system works all year round and you don’t even need to get out of bed just clean the vent and done I have the white one it’s big but compact and saves on electricity I recommend this to anyone

Date PurchasedOct 2017

One of the best things I even bought

We replaced our ancient split system with the Daikin Cora 6kw and it is wonderful. The system is quiet - both inside and out. Both the inside and outside units are slightly smaller than our old (1990s) Daikin system, and much quieter.
It is energy efficient, on both heating and cooling and we've already seen a noticeable decrease in our power bill. Size wise, it does a decent job of heating and cooling the main part of the house (three open-ish large rooms).

The filters are easy to remove and clean (spray with the hose then dry outside).

The remote is fairly intuitive and has a range of settings for fan speed, direction, temperature controls, timers etc.

We also installed the wifi module (BRP072A42) which is an optional extra (<$200) and allows the system to be monitored and controlled remotely (as long as it is connected to wifi in the house). Again, fairly easy to set up and the app is even more intuitive than the remote.

Overall I can't fault the system. Just make sure you select the right size for the room space, and learn which way to direct the airflow for the optimal efficiency.

Purchased in August 2017 for $2,937.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Outside unit is not working.

Has stopped working after 3 weeks,
Trish here, My fault - I changed from auto because it wasn’t heating (they said it does that when it gets to allocated temperature which was 24 degrees), to manual. I accidentally set it to cooling. Fortunately two technicians came out and sorted me out before weekend, today is Friday.

What is the cost for installation?

Daikin Cora FTXM20QVMA (2kW)Daikin Cora FTXM25QVMA (2.5kW)Daikin Cora FTXM46QVMA (4.6kW)Daikin Cora FTXM50QVMA (5.0kW)Daikin Cora FTXM60QVMA (6.0kW)Daikin Cora FTXM71QVMA (7.1kW)Daikin Cora FTXM85PVMA (8.5kW)Daikin Cora FTXM95PVMA (9.4kW)Daikin Cora FTXM35QVMA (3.5kW)
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,298$1,299$1,729$1,995$2,290$2,690$2,920$3,980$1,599
Features On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer and Remote ControlOn/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity2 kW2.5 kW4.6 kW5 kW6 kW7.1 kW8.5 kW9.4 kW3.5 kW
Heating Capacity 2.7 kW3.2 kW4.7 kW6 kW7.2 kW8 kW9 kW10.3 kW3.7 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 5 stars5 stars3 stars4 stars3 stars2.5 stars2 stars2 stars3.5 stars
Heating Energy Rating 5 stars5 stars3.5 stars4 stars3.5 stars3 stars2.5 stars2 stars5 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling -15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46-15 to +46
Operating Temperature for Heating -15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18-15 to +18
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning) NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Indoor Unit Dimensions 258 x 770 x 223 mm258 x 770 x 223 mm285 x 770 x 223 mm295 x 990 x 263 mm295 x 990 x 263 mm295 x 990 x 263 mm340 x 1200 x 259 mm340 x 1200 x 259 mm285 x 770 x 223 mm
Indoor Weight9 kg9 kg9 kg13 kg13 kg13 kg17 kg18 kg9 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level39 dB40 dB44 dB45 dB48 dB49 dB51 dB53 dB42 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 550 x 675 x 284 mm550 x 675 x 284 mm695 x 930 x 350 mm695 x 930 x 350 mm695 x 930 x 350 mm695 x 930 x 350 mm990 x 940 x 320 mm990 x 940 x 320 mm550 x 675 x 284 mm
Outdoor Weight 28 kg30 kg51 kg54 kg54 kg60 kg80 kg82 kg30 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level47 dB48 dB48 dB48 dB52 dB54 dB56 dB55 dB49 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level59 dB60 dB60 dB60 dB64 dB66 dB68 dB67 dB61 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)