Daytek

See the Best Garden Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Daytek

PraxadSydney

$2 shop quality

I have a Hills clothesline which is over 6 years old and a year ago decided to give it a fresh coat of paint and replace the cord, which by the way was still in pretty good shape. I found Daytek 30m replacement clothesline cord which I happily bought because it said it was an Australian product. Now only a year has passed and the line is in tatters - the plastic coating has broken in paces and the white string inside is all that's holding the clothes, wonder for how long. I would have expected this line to last a few years.

Store LocationBunnings Crossroads (Casula)
Praxad

Thank you, I don't have a receipt but can send you some photos if that is alright.

Rebecca B.Daytek

Morning Praxad, no worries at all.

Ron B.
Ron B.

Australian made and indispensable

I've had my Daytek Australian made wheelbarrow for over 40 years and used it for everything from moving poo and dirt to mixing concrete.
It has never let me down and is still going strong. I reckon it will see me out.

Good morning Ron
Thank you for taking the time to review our Wheelbarrows. That is the beauty of purchasing Australian Made isn't it. You get a long life out of items you purchase.

Can't install strings

I've installed the fold down clothesline and need to string it but the locking caps do not fit. The line seems to either be too thick or the locking caps are not big enough. Nothing seems to work. After concreting the clothesline in it now seems completely useless.

Good morning Lauren
I am sorry to hear this, can you please contact our office on 03 9470 1755 and we will go through some troubleshooting with you to try any work what the issue may be and how we can help.
Kind regards Daytek.

Daytek three tier Airer

Airer is in good condition but two of the rolling casters to the base have broken (cracked plastic) almost in conjunction making it unusable.

HI Justin,
I am sorry to hear this, are you able to forward some photos of the model you have to customerservice@daytek.com.au, as we maybe send you some replacements.

greg
gregSydney, NSW

daytek 3 tier clothes airer 30m wheels faulty

Airer is good quality unfortunately the 2 inner wheels don't screw into the thread so I had to return it to bunnings. I wanted to swap it for another one because if the wheels would work I'd keep it, unfortunately after assembling another one in store I encountered the same issue with the wheels so ended up refunding it.

adele maureen
adele maureenHunter Region, NSW

Daytek clothesline

The holders of the clothes with the bolts through have rusted, so I cannot open to replace my clothes line, I don't like this set up at all. Sent an email a week ago, no one has answered my query.

DeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Daytek Twin Fold Down Clothesline MK2

Within months of installation, the plastic line holders started coming away from the metal frame as some of the the rivets were not correctly installed, then over the next few months the plastic line holders kept breaking and needed replacing.
I returned it to Bunnings and bought a different brand of clothesline, which meant another day of installation and new holes in the concrete.

Hi Rebecca
I emailed Daytek for each incident, on 30-Aug-2020, 25-Feb-2021 and 13-Apr-2021. I had no issues with the level of the support, the issue was with your poor quality clothesline requiring ongoing attention, time and cost.
Regards

Ronald
RonaldPerth, WA

Gggggg

Broken out of box. Design and build quality pretty average for these days. Should have looked at the reviews first then might have saved myself some pain. Disappointed.

sateshSydney, NSW

Terrible product "Made in Australia"

Bought a daytek clothesline last week.I bought it bec it said made in "Australia".
Its flimsy,it bends,the line is very thin,wheels dont move.
Very light for what it should be for an outdoor product.
Not happy.I want to return it Buy a strong quality one.
It was the most expensive and I thought will be the best but the worst one when I actually used it.
Once again how can you make a line that bends??

satesh

I sent an email to Rebecca the same day. There has been no reply. How come. Once you’ll get our money you’ll are not interested. I will take this further

MelSydney, NSW

Don’t waste your money would rate nothing if I could

Brought a new clothes line 1.5years ago and the metal parts for wire to attach have bent and the whole clothesline out of shape. Total waste of money choose a different brand absolute crap

Good morning Mel
I am sorry to hear this. Which model clothesline had you purchased? If possible, can you please forward photos of the clothesline to customerservice@daytek.com.au and a copy of your receipt for review.

Mel

I don’t have copy of receipt and I have already purchased a new clothes line and went with Hills.

Rebecca B.Daytek

Thank you for getting back to us Mel. I am sorry to hear you went with another brand.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality and design

Good morning Sam
We are sorry to hear the above. Can you please forward this to customerservice@daytek.com.au with some photos and a copy of your receipt of purchase if you still have a copy.

Terry C.
Terry C.Western Australia

Tangled cable

Why is the cable not rolled round so it is easy to unroll without tangling it must be cheaper because it is not easy to unroll without tangling in the form it is supplied

Afternoon Terry,
I am sorry to hear this has happened. Can you please advise exactly which cable you have purchased so we can pass this feedback on to our supplier.

TrishSydney, NSW

Daytek Pearl Astroid Laundry Trolley

A good looking, well built product for short people. If you are over 165 cm tall you will find this difficult to wheel because your arms will be fully extended and you'll be slightly leaning forward to reach the handle. As usual a large laundry basket has to sit across the trolley. I prefer the basket to fit within the trolley but this makes it impossible to find a place for your hands on the handle. I like that I can fold it for storage but I'm otherwise disappointed with its size and for the price it could be larger for tall people.

Thank you Rebecca.

Wayne
WayneMurray Region, NSW

16 Meters Clothesline cord.

Hi, I recently purchased two clothesline cords, one was only a short length which wasn’t too much of a drama unraveling to restring a small clothesline but the 16 Metre one was a total pain to unravel to put onto clothesline. It doesn’t unravel in a orderly manner. You have to basically sit down and carefully undo the cord so as not to get a huge bunch of knots. I’ve had this issue 3 other times over the years and I can’t understand why the cord couldn’t be wound onto something that was easy to unwind. I’m not stupid at doing such projects but thank God I wasn’t paying someone to replace the clothesline cord. Hopefully by the time I have to replace the clothesline cord it has an easy way of unwinding cord.

Good morning Wayne,
I am sorry to hear this. I will pass on your concerns that 60m Line Cord is difficult to unwind to our manufacture in hope they can come up with a better solution.

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Daytek Folding Clothesline

We purchased three of these folding clothelines from Bunnings and they have required restringing within 12 months which is poor. Durability and strength are not available any more and I had the same issue with a laundry trolley. Time to test the products over longevity as they do not last the mile!

Good morning
I am sorry to hear your experiences above. Can you please contact our office on 03 9470 1755 so we can discuss this further.

positivespirit1

Rebecca we live three and a half hour drive from Melbourne in regional Victoria.

Good morning,
If you can please call our office on 03 9470 1755 we would very much like to discuss the issues you are having so we can improve our products.

Read more reviews - page 2