3.5

Disappointing clothesline with the strength of a rubber band.

We have a new Daytek II 6-line pullout clothesline and it is a bitter disappointment. It was not the brand we wanted, but the builder was standing by so we took a punt on this product. In use, when it is extended 6 metres, we are seeing 400mm droop with any sort of real-world load of washing on it. The PVC lines have the elasticity of rubber bands, so the small amount of tensioning possible using the lock-off lever is not enough. The only way we can get any sort of tension is to lock it off about 150mm short and then stretch it into position. It is so lightly built we have no confidence the retracting mech will keep working longer term.

Store LocationBunnings Wellington NZ

JaniceHobart, TAS

Dangerous

Store LocationTasmania
Rebecca B.Daytek

Hi Janice , as mentioned in the first response in order for us to help can you get in contact with us on 03 9470-1755 or email enquiry@daytek.com.au
If you can supply the purchase receipt and photos of the product we will do our best to assist you .

JimVTomAU

Terrible piece of rubbish and no after sales service

Store LocationOxley Brisbane

2 line retractable clothesline

Had it just on 2 years and the retraction mechanism has gone
No wonder they only give a 2 year warranty
I’ll be looking for a Hills retractable in future If I wasn’t 73 and it wasn’t Covid I’d take it back to Bunnings

Store LocationVictoria Point Qld
Lyn

I moved into my Granny Flat June 9 2018 and my whole house indoors Kitchen Bathroom Laundry were all purchased at Bunnings-All receipts have recently been tossed out
Anyway Thanks for trying
Appreciated

Cassandra F.

Cassandra F.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Easy to install and great customer service :)

Super easy install. Has a query about a new product that was included in our purchase and they replied very quickly and super nice to deal with. Would definitely recommend :)

Store LocationBunnings Minchinbury
Rebecca B.Daytek

Thanks for the kind words Cassandra. Happy to help. Have a great day.

Twin line clothes line. Frame is rusted dervely.corrided and I've had it just over 10 yrs.

Store LocationBUNNINGS lakehaven
Lenni
Lenni
Nazmul A.

Nazmul A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceptional Design,comes with quality product

Love it .The size and the length is perfect (Rotary 42,Hawthorn Green). The design is to die for. If anyone in need ,would be glad to recommend Daytek products . Very happy to provide feedback for this . Well done .

Nazmul,
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.

kim

kimSydney, NSW

plastic line cord

Purchaced two Daytek fold up clothesline in September 2019 from Bunnings and every 2 weeks i have to Re tension the cord Believe this is a Warranty issus and be replaced with new plastic coated stainless steel cord at Daytek cost

Store LocationBunnings Sevenhills

Gavin M.Sydney, NSW

Daytek Replacement Clothesline CORD.

Purchaced the "Daytek Replacement Clothesline Cord" (60m x 3.5mm) from Bunnings in Jan 2019 and installed it on my rotary clothes line ensuring that each line was tight and secure.
This cord is absolutely garbage. The cord soon became loose and sags, even with minimal use. Don't waste your money on nylon core cords - they stretch. Rather consider a metal cable core.

Gavin M.

...."will not affect the drying of your clothes". Really? Who would have thought.
I still consider it a garbage product and regret installing it. A waste of time and money.

WayneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Australian Company Daytek does not honour their warranty

My fold up "Daytek" clothesline which has 10 years warranty failed by way of a plastic corner bracket breaking (the other side looks to be also affected by UV) after just 4 years of use. I sent Daytek a photo of the failed unit only to get a reply stating the failure is due to misuse! This statement is not true as the unit is static and seldom retracted and by way of a photograph it is impossible to tell how the failure occured. They refused to replace the fitting. So here's an Australian company who thinks they are above the consumer laws. Keep well clear of them. I will elevate the matter to VCAT for the sake of all consumers.

Wayne,
Under the Australian Consumer Law a proof of purchase is needed to claim a warranty. We will be in contact with you as we can send out replacement parts as a good faith gesture.

Emma

EmmaAscot Vale

Great design - Terrible Quality

SPrice685Northeast, VIC

Not Really Impressed

We bought our M58 Rotary Clothesline in June 2018 (last year) from Bunnings. Not long after some of the lines became loose and saggy and by May this year (2019) we had a line break, so not even 12 months old. Daytek customer service were good to send out a 60m pack replacement line which luckily they did as we have since needed to replace a couple of other lines. But today I had two lines break one after the other so I'm really not impressed. I've been washing and hanging out the same things for the last 20+ years on several different rotary washing lines and never had this happen. Really poor quality line which the company needs to reassess. The rotary part itself seems to be alright but not like others I've used before.

SPrice685,
This situation sounds concerning as we have not experienced lines breaking like this. Are they breaking when the line is being folded up and down, or is it while the line is open and being used?

SPrice685

It's when the line is open we have no need to fold it up it just stays out. I've read other reviews with the same problem so I'm not the only one! I can see the inside of the line when it snaps, it's not strong at all.

Rustproofhydra

RustproofhydraPerth, WA

Quality product at decent price

Daytek slimline clotheslinen quality product at descent price from one and only bunnings warehouse
Little bit issue with standard bolts and nuts supplied otherwise no issue.
Easy operation to fold single handed

Store LocationBunnings Warehouse
Rebecca B.Daytek

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We hope you enjoy your product. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Always happy to help.

Annette W.

Annette W.Hunter Region, NSW

Love my new clothes line!

I am so happy with Daytek’s after sales service ,replying to my query so quickly! They went out of their way to helped me lower my line without any major issues!

Rebecca B.Daytek

We are so happy that we were able to assist you with this. Thank you again for reaching out to us. Should you ever need more assistance or have a question for us, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Marija R.

Marija R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed...waste of money

nessie lou

nessie louBrisbane

6 Line Retractable Clothesline - ok but beware, it cannot be restrung.

Rebecca B.Daytek

Fixing a jammed cord on daytek wall mounted clothesline,

Came back with a solution to my problem quite quickly and the idea for the fix matches my original idea but with certainty and it worked a treat, Thank You

Rebecca B.Daytek

Thank you, Chad for the great feedback. We are happy to help. Please feel free to reach out to us should you need any more help. Have an awesome day.

Tom G

Tom GSydney, NSW

great clothesline very happy

I was hesitant to buy a different brand after my hills clothesline. Daytek however has changed my stance as the quality is much better than expected. it was easy to install and it looks amazing.

Rebecca B.Daytek

Fantastic to hear Tom. Thank you for your review.

Very disappointed

I bought the M48 from Bunnings & it doesn't fit a queen sized sheet like it states without it being all bunched up. I'd say it is a good 30cm too short for the width of a queen sized sheet. Yesterday I hung some sheets up on it but later when I went out to bring them in the whole thing had folded up on itself & my washing was hanging on the ground. Upon some investigation I have found there are parts missing as well. No yellow slip ring as explained in the installation video. No lower wind brake & no pegs came with it like listed. It's actually a complete waste of money as I can't even use it now & will have to buy a new one And it's only been up about 3 weeks.

Excellent customer service

We are very happy with the excellent customer service that we received recently. Had a problem with a clothes line, sorted and new part sent. Nothing was too hard.
Thank you.

Rebecca B.Daytek

We are so happy we could help. And we really appreciate the review. If we can be of any help in future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

Louise C

Louise Casked

Ours wont lift up anymore. We have the Daytek Single Fold Down and it wont stay up. How do we fix this?

Good morning Louise
I am sorry to hear this, please contact our office on 03 9470 1755 so we can discuss this with you further.
Kind regards Daytek

Elliot S.

Elliot S.asked

Hi there, I just bought the Daytek MK2 M32 Rotary Clothes line and I'm having a lot of trouble proping it up into the open position. Can you give me some tips or explain what I'm doing wrong?
It's taking A LOT of force to clip it into the open position. I've had to ask my wife to help me get it open. and then when I raise the the hoist by winding the lever it suddenly POPS closed without warning...
any advice or help would be appreciated otherwise I think I'm going to need to return it unfortunately.

Good morning Elliot
I am sorry to hear the above, can you please contact our office on 03 9470 1755 and we can try an talk you through the issue.
Kind regards Daytek

Simon R.
Simon R.

I have the same issue. I install these and have had nothing but issues with the Mk48 doing the same. Purchasing another brand until this can be resolved.

Rebecca B.Daytek

Hi Simon, we have just calling you back as requesting on messager but were unable to leave a message.

Chris D

Chris Dasked

Is there anyway of replacing the lines on a MkII retractable clothesline? The PVC lines are starting to crack and have become ‘sticky’ which is stopping the lines from retracting easily

Rebecca B.Daytek

Good morning Chris, sadly the Daytek Retractable cannot be re-strung. However, we do offer a 2 year warranty on the line cord. If you have a copy of your receipt of purchase, you can return to the place of purchase for a replacement unit under warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Daytek representatives