Online store, Physical store

2.9

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (2)
GoldensRule

GoldensRuleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful service

Ordered 3 weeks in advance of Xmas and order still not received. Tried to contact for customer service but no response. Googled and found out the company is based in NZ even though the email address has an Australian ISP.
If you are planing 6 months ahead of when your purchase is required you should be good but don't bother otherwise.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
unclegaz

unclegazSouth East Queensland, QLD

BAD WEBSITE

The website shows items that are NOT in stock. I only found out after some missed phone calls and a wrong email address.... AFTER I made the purchase online. Never again!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
DrYul

DrYulAdelaide

Sent me the wrong item!

Phill

PhillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I would recommend DDphotographics

I received my Camera Body in 7 days, unfortunately the lens was unavailable , so at my request, ddphotographics refunded me, so I could try and source the lens elswhere.
DDphotographics replied promptly to my two emails, they were very courteous.
I would recommend them for anyone wanting to purchase camera gear online.

Cheers
Phill.

Sirui and Nisi specialists

Placed an order at lunchtime Wednesday and delivered next morning before 10am 2&1/2 hrs north of Sydney. Incredible service and very knowledgeable about their products and more than happy to provide advice. Would definitely recommend them and buy from them again. Mark

Matt

Matt

Below average

Ordered a Tamron Lens and Step-up ring. Got notified 6 days later that they did not have it in there warehouse and that Tamron also had it on back order. Expected ETA 1-2 weeks. A full refund was offered. 14 days later I received ONLY the lens. I then asked of the whereabouts of the step up ring to which I was advised was on back order also. 8 days later and I received the Step-up ring in a regular "letter" envelope with nil packing material around it and it had almost worn a hole in the envelope. I won't be using their services again.

Darby

DarbySydney

Will do business with them again

Great service. Excellent pricing. Good communication. Ordered in shop and picked up from shop at a later date when I was again in the area. Very pleasant staff and good advice. Will definitely buy from them again.

Always happy with their service and products.

I have been buying from ddp for quite a few years now and have always found their staff helpful and the service great. I've recommended them to friends looking to get into photography as well. On the occasion they didn't have my item in stock then kept me updated on its progress.

Great Service & Great Prices

Recently bought some NISI filters and the service could not have been better. The guys took the time to talk about the various alternatives and helped me choose the right ones for me. They were very knowledgeable and the advice was excellent.

Not Good

Not GoodAlbury

Paid over $500 and told not in stock.

I ordered a Lowepro Dryzone 200 as a Christmas present. Appeared in stock on website so ordered happily. Told one day later that there would be no bags in stock until February of next year and that they could give me a refund. Happy I am getting my money back, however I am down $500 and a Christmas present one week before Christmas. Very frustrated and annoyed. Should not have been advertised as in stock online when there is obviously none available. Very reluctant to use again.

Steve

SteveSydney

Good price

Just check before buying if the goods are parallel but it doesn't matter too much that they are. DDP will repair goods. Nikon will as well but you will have to pay as no Australian warranty. But you get the cameras for a bargain.

Isaac L

Isaac LSydney

Reliable and knowledgeable.

Have bought from D-D-Photographics several times over the last few years. Very convenient, quick shipping, and helpful staff. Highly recommend. Also worth noting that the studio gear I bought was of much better quality than the eBay equivalents I have gotten over the years.

rlong246

rlong246Sydney

Great prices, service and knowledgeable staff

Great Service

After reading the latest reviews about DDP I was sceptical in purchasing from them, after speaking to the new owner I decided to go with them. They went out of their way to supply me the Sigma lense $100.00 cheaper than anyone else could do, it was in my hands 18 hours later, no fuss exactly what I ordered.
I had reservations but after such great service I will stick with them for my photography needs, great service guys thank you.

mkragh

mkraghIllawarra, NSW

"New owners" refuse to honour the sales contract

As with many other people I got ripped off by Discount Digital Photographics. "New owners" refuse to honour the sales contract, but I personally fail to see how you can buy only the assets of a company and leave the liabilities.
New owners might be victims as well, but they must be naive to take over a business and not expect there to be any outstanding orders. Disgraceful. To make matters worse I have received incredibly poor service from Westpacs Platinum Service.

Never buying anything expensive online again, and moving my finances to a real bank.

kje

kjemelbourne

Warning!!!! Do Not Purchase From DDp!!!

I too was scammed by these people! The sale of business was $400,000, so where are my goods or a refund for $5,000?? New owner claims to have just bought the 'name' of the business...what a croc. No one pays $400k for a business name that is smeared. Glenn Kerrigan has a lot to answer for...600 'unsecured' creditors...that's all us poor suckers who paid for our equipment in good faith only to be last on the list of creditors. He also has stores in Singapore and Malaysia so why aren't we getting the stock owed to us from there? Come on karma, do your thing and bite him and his 'shareholder' hard!! Consumers don't let this happen again...new owner or not, don't buy from DDP....ever.

Megha.C

Megha.C

Dodgy business. Got completely ripped off

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Dodged a bullet and got lucky

Discount Digital Photographics: Liqudiator appointed

I ordered a Canon 6d in mid-October 2013. I had ordered a lens from them a long time ago and that went fine, though delivery was a little slow. I heard nothing until this week (Nov 15, 2013) when I received a letter from Liquidators in Sydney telling me the business had gone into default and had no stock or ability to pay refunds.

I was told I should contact my bank to try and reverse the credit card charge. My bank said it would take 4-6 weeks and there were no guarantees I'd get my money back.

It seems the former owner is now overseas, possibly in Malaysia judging by his email address.
The price was great
Business owner took my money and ran

Ingrid

IngridMelbourne

Shonky Rip Off!

Bonsaiasked

DD Photographics

Did anybody actually receive their refund back in a timely manner? I'm worried about when they will give my money back as it's dragging on just as long as the false delivery claims. Is anybody still waiting? Who should I contact if they continue withholding my refund?

Fred72
Fred72

I got my refund which took about a week. After the run-around they had given me with the lens, I contacted my bank to see what could be done if the refund hadn't come through. Your bank can file a fraud claim against D-D-Photographics and get your money back for you.

Bonsai

Thanks mate, I have contacted my bank and STILL haven't received my money. They are now ignoring my emails and have failed to provide evidence of refund. Very disappointing and starting to get very angry indeed.

BigCheez
BigCheez

Hi Bonsai. It has taken me approx. 10 days to get a refund of $1000. I have been constantly sending them emails and finally got it today. I hate that I had to all but threaten them to get MY money. Good luck and I hope your outcome is a good one soon.

John1222

John1222asked

DD Photographics

Anyone in Sydney been down to their store in the last few days.I'm waiting on an online order for a couple of weeks,but can't get through on phone to check on delivery time.Hope they are still there.

Autumn30
Autumn30

Their service is horrible. I waited a month for something I ordered. It was advertised as in stock but in actual fact they had to order it in from the manufacturer. After my experience with them and several phone calls, I'd be asking for a refund and shop elsewhere.

moto485
moto485

Get a refund I wish I did, I finally got my Canon but had no manuals, no CD's and still haven't seen them after asking. Don't expect support from them.

Teddy26
Teddy26

I still have not got my lens yet after 1 month.
worst