Dell Australia

Dell Australia

Brand Manager for Dell? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (53) · No (163)

Patrick H.
Patrick H.Perth, WA

Absolutely terrible support and order experience - complete lies

I cannot warn you enough about ordering directly through Dell Australia. I tried ordering a monitor and as soon as they have your money, your order literally falls into a black hole. Missed shipment date after missed shipment date the most you'll get is useless platitudes.

They eventually shifted my delivery date to ~6 months from my order date despite the website saying it had stock when I originally ordered.

Take this as a warning - Do not order through Dell Australia!

Megan
Megan South Australia

Dell Lies

They pretended there is a problem in my new laptop that just been bought for a week, and say to me it has to be send back to the factory to be able to fix it, as later on u found out it’s simply a missing installation, te hi u I could follow the steps and do it online. Anyway, I didn’t know they were lying so Iet them send a “new” one back to me. This “new” laptop got keyboard issue after 4 months, i didn’t do anything and it just broken. Unfortunately I travel to other country and can’t go back before the insurance due. So I spend another $300 extra to fix the keyboard. What I learn from this is DO NOT TRUST DELL when they say they are returning you a “new one”, they will lie to you and not even telling you that’s a “fixed one”.

Dell lies

Bryan
BryanSydney

Dell customers service

I order a laptop across the internet only to be advised that it was stuck at the warehouse and a chatbot requested moremoney to deliver, disgraceful

Byron R.
Byron R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service - do not buy dell

Terrible sales service. DO NOT BUY DELL.
Ordered and paid for an item which had an expected delivery time of 3-5 days. Received a delay in delivery date (1 month from original delivery date, not happy but waited as I wanted the item). 2 days before the new delivery date, I receive an email saying item is not available and that only option is to refund.

Not only did I end up missing on other sales during the period but the item is available within the business. All while they have had my money within the business for over a month.

WILL NEVER BUY DELL PRODUCTS AGAIN - TERRIBLE SERVICE AND SELL STOCK THEY 'DON'T HAVE'

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
David C.
David C.Sydney, NSW

Massive decline in Customer Care

I have been buying from dell for myself and my business since 2005 and I was then very impressive by Dell computers and their service.

Recently, I have ordered a computer but I needed some clarification regarding my payment so they came to me after 10 days by email and didn't resolve my inquiry so I have no choice and lucky to cancel my order, fortunately I didn't pay yet.

On finances the only option they have is Gem visa, the worst possible liability on the planet when comparing with Afterpay or Zippy.

They are disparate for cash and charging your credit card but no service in return.

Please consider other computer brands as Dell not the same as 5 or 10 years ago.

Booboo
Booboo

Design Error with Dell XPS 8940 ( Internet speed with Killer E2600 GB LAN Adapter & daily Bluescreens)

I bought a Dell xps 8940 in Dec 2020. Be careful as I do have constant blue screens (after Stand-by mode) and the onborad GB LAN adapter (Killer E2600) has very poor performance. The machine has been changed & mutiple motherboards swaps, SDD changed and still the same issues. Dell agreed to take the machine back and I am still waiting for them after 4 weeks to do so. Dell still sells the machine with clear design errors which they are aware off. It is kind of unblelievable and obviously there is way to give feedback on that product.

Jim A
Jim ACanberra 2600, ACT

Worst Customer Service Ever - Computers are okay but the service is rubbish

Dell has no customer care and is run by a bunch of monkeys

They are currently not refunding me or sending me a product ive paid for. Very unhelpful and frustrating to try and get anyone to assist me.

Pitpat
PitpatHobart, TAS

I am happy with my Dell computer but don't try to get any kind of customer support

Just don't do it

Cat fan
Cat fantorquay

Absolute rubbish, expensive faulty goods

Bought a new Dell laptop for $1200. Arrived and the keyboard doesn't work properly. After much research found lots of others with same problem. Impossible to type on as every tenth keystroke or so doesn't work. Eventually found a workaround that involved uninstalling the HID event filter through the device manager. But even then you have to restart the computer again to get the keyboard to work. And this has to be done every day as the event filter gets automatically re-installed every day!

Absolute garbage and $1200 wasted on a laptop that can't even do the basic function of letting me type with the keyboard! Would never buy from Dell again if they can't even produce working laptops at that (or any!) price point. Totally scammed.

Nick
NickSydney Surrounds, NSW

Warning warning warning

Worst customer service ive ever encountered , dishonest and disorganised . No complaints about the product but a company is judged by its after sales service or when something goes wrong how they resolve it . On that count they deserve 0/5 stars . I think 1.5 stars out of 5 on product review probably means dells been getting staff to write reviews to bump their rating up . I suspect if your a big corporate like a bank buying hundreds of computers it may be a different story but if your buying a home computer go to officeworks , theres a reason why so many people have rated them so poorly .

Riz
RizSydney, NSW

ZERO STAR FOR DELL

Sent me a laptop that was faulty and the whole process to get a refund of $1500 after 4 weeks is still a nightmare..

Poor experience wont recommend Dell.

Nightingale
Nightingale

Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop FAULTY DO NOT BUY!

My husand purchased me a Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop cost $2000.00 however it does not work, upto 8 different consultants lying and not helping I am so shocked with the customer service and quality of the products I will never purchase a Dell product again.

Read more reviews - page 2

William J.
William J.asked

I have just purchased a Dell Inspiron laqptop. The computer does not come on but the arrow is visible on the screen. What do I do?

Rita Scolaroasked

my monitor keeps going into sleep mode and it wont wake up until I turn my PC off and then on again

ReinMan
ReinMan

Win 10 issue... either driver or last upgrade

How do I fix it?

Rita Scolaro

Hi rein man, how do I fix?

Poppy
Poppyasked

I was about to order a Dell AIO but very concerned after reading all the negative reviews on Dell products. Dont know what to buy now ( not Apple as I cant afford it).

Paula T.
Paula T.

I bought Dell for the same reason , cheaper but my youngest daughter who has a Mac ( so fast and no problems ) often helps me out with the issues with my dell , it just gets stuck and won’t open up or load , we both can’t believe how slow it is !! Usually once it opens up it is ok but the other night when I posted this I was nearly ready to throw it out the window . It just kept crashing , black screen , response time was agonizingly slow , I won’t buy another one

Mike
Mike

Would advise against buying anything Dell, Still waiting on missing parts on my new computer.
No help from Dell at all, just give you the runaround. Its been nearly 6 weeks now and still Dell have not helped,
Just wasted over $2000 on junk.