DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

disappointed

To read that people use this machine everyday and have 70 to 80 cups a week made my blood boil I make a
about 20 a week I have had this coffee maker for just over 2 years wouldn't you guess malfunctioned just out of warranty after descaling
This machine has never been abused,and has been washed correctly,descaled when told to etc etc etc,.so it's cost me about $1200 for 2 years I had to replace the boiler and pump so i reckon it's cost me about a dollar a cup not counting coffee etc. NOT HAPPY JAN
John

Purchased in May 2018 for A$900.00.

Noise Level
Consistency

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Coffee Machine Par Excellence

This is the first Automatic coffee machine we have purchased and it's performance in making espresso and cappuccino coffee is outstanding. The whole process is completely automatic including cappuccino coffee even down to adding that "extra shot".
The quality of the coffee is on a par of that produced by coffee made by a good barista and is always consistent.
As my wife prefers her coffee very hot we have found that a 10 second blast in the microwave is needed to satisfy her taste.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$999.00.

Noise Level

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's great!

This machine is so easy to use and maintain, and makes great coffee! The ONLY thing I can say bad about it is that the chrome plated tray the cups rest on for the coffee pour scratches VERY easily. Even just inserting and removing the plastic milk container scratches it. This detracts from the appearance of the machine when it's been in use for a while.

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Warren

WarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Factory Refurbished = not refurbished at all!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$598.00.

Consistency
Greg Simona

Greg SimonaTownsville

Better than a barista

Day in, day out, this machine works like clockwork, churning out about 4-6 espresso's per day. Being able to customise amount of water (length) and amount of coffee beans (strength) is very handy, especially when serving guests.
Kids even love doing their own frothy milks. Left-over milk can stay in the canister in the fridge for days.

Excellent when hosting friends/family to quickly knock out multiple coffees and frothed milked in quick time.

Maintenance is simple and painless.

Love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
tamiee_d

tamiee_dSydney

LOVE

Bought this machine when we bought our first home 7 years ago, still makes at least 10 cups of coffee a day to perfection. Nice hot coffees set to our water level.
So easy to use and clean. Hate using Pods so this machine with the real beans delivers the real deal!

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Aussie John

Aussie JohnGOSFORD

CAPPACINO PERFECTION

Our DeLonghi Silver Compact has been nothing short of sensational. We use it twice daily religiously. The speed
of the machine after heating is amazing. The consistency of each cup never ceases to surprise our guests. I have
now bwwn named the Booker Bay Barista because of the quality of the coffee from this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

PeterAdelaide

Fantastic Coffee Machine

Really happy with DeLonghi it's great value for money as we spend less getting coffee when we can have it at home and it's easy to use because it's full automated.This our 2nd DeLonghi coffee machine and wouldn't get any other brand. It makes a perfect cappuccino with just the press of one button.

Costs a bit, but worth it, save a lot of money in the long run.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mrs G

Mrs GGriffith

A nessecity in my home!!!

Love this coffee machine, it gets an absolute thrashing and has never missed a beat.
Extremely easy to use.
Cleaning and de scaling is a breeze.
Love that it uses actual beans instead of pods.
The milk frothed is an added bonus so you can just push the button and away it goes

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Dan

DanMelbourne

One of the best presents I have received. Something I use daily

It took me a little while to adjust the coffee machine to a taste to my liking. Now that I have done this I hardly ever buy store bought coffee and get disappointed sometimes when I do. It's super easy to use. Keeping my machine clean is relatively easy and even easier by putting a small cup under the drain once I've finished using it and rince the milk froth component and general rincing of the machine once turned off. I also use a cup for my milk instead of the compartment it comes with to suck the milk through and this makes it even easier to clean. Milk is alway fresh this way too.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dave

Dave

Good machine. Had to replace milk jug after 5 years

Overall I have been happy with this coffee machine. I have owned it since November 2011 and it gets used daily. I have never had it serviced and never had it in to a repair shop. The coffee is always piping hot, and I've never had any error codes come up on it. The only thing I've had to do is replace the milk jug as it stopped sucking up the milk. Tried cleaning it, pulling it apart etc but I think all the seals in the jug head had given way and hence lost suction. I don't see this as a big deal seeing it had been used daily for the past 5 years and had no other issues. I Would definitely buy a Delinghi again, but at this stage I don't need to as it's still working fine.

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Piece of crap

Horrible product bought the machine brand new worked fantasic for about 5 months, first went the frother which stopped working, then about 2 months later "insert infuser assembly appeared despite the infuser being inside, to the point it wouldn't work at all, took it in for a service which lasted 3 months waiting for parts to come to Adelaide, they didn't, so delonghi completley replaced the unit. Now about 7 months in the whole exact cycle is happening again, well see if delonghi will be intrested in fixing it now. Very frustrating, faulty products.

Model: ECAM23450S Love my Coffee Machine - Need a spare part though! 5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19

RESPONSE : TRY Di Bella coffee beans MODENA blend for rich and smooth coffee or NERO blend for rich and strong.
The machine has not missed a beat in 3 years it is important to read the manual 3 times at least. I think the more you use the machine and try making all of the different coffees the better you become.

Jacko0573

Jacko0573Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

We have two of these !

frother stops working out of a sudden

first after 1.5 years the display burned - got it repaired for a lot of money. Now short after the milk frother stops working - the milk just does not get sucked up the little pipe in the milk container. Cleaned it thoroughly used cold milk, warm milk, pushed cleaning button several times - it just does not give any milk just hot steam and water......
Useless system - go to Italy for holiday but do not buy machines from them!

Kerry McFadden

Kerry McFaddenvic, 3757

Extremely unreliable

In the two year warranty period was returned for repair 5 times, less than 6 months out of warranty needed repair again and now 4 months later once again broken down. i am now throwing the machine to the nearest dump where it belongs. Did ring customer service once and was sent washers for milk spout didnt fix a thing :(

Mary

MaryPerth

Love my Coffee Machine - Need a spare part though!

I've had my ECAM23450S since October 2011 and it's produced perfect coffee / froth each time. However, recently the frother has stopped working. There is a small crack on the froth adjustment knob and believe this may be the problem. I hope I can have this fixed as I miss my cappucino's!!! Is there a spare parts section anywhere in Perth?
BTW - I've tried all types of coffee beans, even the cheapest I could find and the coffee is great each time!

Alex

AlexSydney

Tastes like petrol station coffee

EK

EKSydney

If I could give it no stars I would!

Bad machine from Harvey Norman

Bought this machine a couple of months ago
and now its faulty you spend over $1000 on a machine and it breaks down l. Also the coffee doesn't taste great. Rinses sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.... im very dissapointed with the service from harvey norman cannington not very helpful and this was the same for goddons electrical.

expensive, bad warranty service

Disappointed4545
Disappointed4545

John S

John Sasked

Silver Compact ECAM23460S

Hi I have just purchased one of these it says descale but the process never stops and only water comes from the milk not the brew group any ideas? Thanks

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi John,
This is normal for the descale rinse to come only through the water spout.
Also have you changed the water hardness for your machine? If the descale light is coming on too soon, check your water hardness with the litmus test that is in the manual and change the level in the settings, if it is still set on 4 then it'll ask you to descale very regularly :)

Tam

Tamasked

Silver Compact ECAM23460S

Machine has stopped making cappuccino and milk frothing. Shots of coffee still work but milk frothed doesn’t. No error message,
Just won’t work.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Tam, where the milk container inserts there should be an o-ring there, is it missing? If it is still there, direct message us your best contact so we can get one of our repairers to look at your machine :)

Vali. S

Vali. Sasked

Silver Compact ECAM23460S

Hi, I am having a problem with the water spout. When I insert it, it clicks on the limit switch inside and there is a audible beep that confirms it is in, but after about 2-3 seconds, another beep sounds as if Inremoved it. The limit switch is still pressed, so probably a software issue? Has anyone had this trouble before?

Cameron K.DeLonghi

HI Vali

Give our customer care centre a call they will be able to best assist with the issue your having:
1800 126 659

KInd regards

Cameron

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare all 2 DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S