ECAM23450S, ECAM23460S

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Colwyn C.

Colwyn C.

Very expensive that unit had critical features removed, like frothing milk only and using ground coffee for caps.

expensive machine that seems to have had critical features removed, like frothing milk only let alone doing a hot chocolate and using ground coffee for capachinos, wastes so much milk coffee as any error(water, beans milk etc) you have to restart no option to continue. You don't find this out till much later after returning it not a option. Interesting the manual shows these features in a previous firmware. So you expect these based on reviews but find out later you have a so "called update" unit.

Purchased in January 2021.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Colwyn, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it onto our marketing team.

Tim

TimVictoria

5,285 coffees and still going

Purchased in January 2016 at The Good Guys.

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your honest review, it's great to hear from our happy customers.

Tony HSydney, NSW

No Milk Only Function

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $849.00.

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

No frothed milk option

Doubke click on Cappuccino button for frothed milk doesn't work as described in previous comments.. 2 weeks old coffee machine and it has to be sent to service... overall ok

Purchased in December 2020.

Agata ..
Agata ..

Hi Agata,
Thank you for letting us know about your disappointed, we do take on board all suggestions and concerns so that we can improve our machines.

wyatt

wyatt

disappointed

To read that people use this machine everyday and have 70 to 80 cups a week made my blood boil I make a
about 20 a week I have had this coffee maker for just over 2 years wouldn't you guess malfunctioned just out of warranty after descaling
This machine has never been abused,and has been washed correctly,descaled when told to etc etc etc,.so it's cost me about $1200 for 2 years I had to replace the boiler and pump so i reckon it's cost me about a dollar a cup not counting coffee etc. NOT HAPPY JAN
John

Purchased in May 2018 for $900.00.

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Coffee Machine Par Excellence

This is the first Automatic coffee machine we have purchased and it's performance in making espresso and cappuccino coffee is outstanding. The whole process is completely automatic including cappuccino coffee even down to adding that "extra shot".
The quality of the coffee is on a par of that produced by coffee made by a good barista and is always consistent.
As my wife prefers her coffee very hot we have found that a 10 second blast in the microwave is needed to satisfy her taste.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $999.00.

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's great!

This machine is so easy to use and maintain, and makes great coffee! The ONLY thing I can say bad about it is that the chrome plated tray the cups rest on for the coffee pour scratches VERY easily. Even just inserting and removing the plastic milk container scratches it. This detracts from the appearance of the machine when it's been in use for a while.

Warren

WarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Factory Refurbished = not refurbished at all!

Purchased in February 2019 for $598.00.

Greg Simona

Greg SimonaTownsville

Better than a barista

Day in, day out, this machine works like clockwork, churning out about 4-6 espresso's per day. Being able to customise amount of water (length) and amount of coffee beans (strength) is very handy, especially when serving guests.
Kids even love doing their own frothy milks. Left-over milk can stay in the canister in the fridge for days.

Excellent when hosting friends/family to quickly knock out multiple coffees and frothed milked in quick time.

Maintenance is simple and painless.

Love it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

tamiee_d

tamiee_dSydney

LOVE

Bought this machine when we bought our first home 7 years ago, still makes at least 10 cups of coffee a day to perfection. Nice hot coffees set to our water level.
So easy to use and clean. Hate using Pods so this machine with the real beans delivers the real deal!

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Aussie John

Aussie JohnGOSFORD

CAPPACINO PERFECTION

Our DeLonghi Silver Compact has been nothing short of sensational. We use it twice daily religiously. The speed
of the machine after heating is amazing. The consistency of each cup never ceases to surprise our guests. I have
now bwwn named the Booker Bay Barista because of the quality of the coffee from this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

PeterAdelaide

Fantastic Coffee Machine

Really happy with DeLonghi it's great value for money as we spend less getting coffee when we can have it at home and it's easy to use because it's full automated.This our 2nd DeLonghi coffee machine and wouldn't get any other brand. It makes a perfect cappuccino with just the press of one button.

Costs a bit, but worth it, save a lot of money in the long run.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Mrs G

Mrs GGriffith

A nessecity in my home!!!

Love this coffee machine, it gets an absolute thrashing and has never missed a beat.
Extremely easy to use.
Cleaning and de scaling is a breeze.
Love that it uses actual beans instead of pods.
The milk frothed is an added bonus so you can just push the button and away it goes

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Dan

DanMelbourne

One of the best presents I have received. Something I use daily

It took me a little while to adjust the coffee machine to a taste to my liking. Now that I have done this I hardly ever buy store bought coffee and get disappointed sometimes when I do. It's super easy to use. Keeping my machine clean is relatively easy and even easier by putting a small cup under the drain once I've finished using it and rince the milk froth component and general rincing of the machine once turned off. I also use a cup for my milk instead of the compartment it comes with to suck the milk through and this makes it even easier to clean. Milk is alway fresh this way too.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dave

DavePerth, WA

Good machine. Had to replace milk jug after 5 years

Overall I have been happy with this coffee machine. I have owned it since November 2011 and it gets used daily. I have never had it serviced and never had it in to a repair shop. The coffee is always piping hot, and I've never had any error codes come up on it. The only thing I've had to do is replace the milk jug as it stopped sucking up the milk. Tried cleaning it, pulling it apart etc but I think all the seals in the jug head had given way and hence lost suction. I don't see this as a big deal seeing it had been used daily for the past 5 years and had no other issues. I Would definitely buy a Delinghi again, but at this stage I don't need to as it's still working fine.

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Piece of crap

Horrible product bought the machine brand new worked fantasic for about 5 months, first went the frother which stopped working, then about 2 months later "insert infuser assembly appeared despite the infuser being inside, to the point it wouldn't work at all, took it in for a service which lasted 3 months waiting for parts to come to Adelaide, they didn't, so delonghi completley replaced the unit. Now about 7 months in the whole exact cycle is happening again, well see if delonghi will be intrested in fixing it now. Very frustrating, faulty products.

Model: ECAM23450S Love my Coffee Machine - Need a spare part though! 5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19

RESPONSE : TRY Di Bella coffee beans MODENA blend for rich and smooth coffee or NERO blend for rich and strong.
The machine has not missed a beat in 3 years it is important to read the manual 3 times at least. I think the more you use the machine and try making all of the different coffees the better you become.

Jacko0573

Jacko0573Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

We have two of these !

frother stops working out of a sudden

first after 1.5 years the display burned - got it repaired for a lot of money. Now short after the milk frother stops working - the milk just does not get sucked up the little pipe in the milk container. Cleaned it thoroughly used cold milk, warm milk, pushed cleaning button several times - it just does not give any milk just hot steam and water......
Useless system - go to Italy for holiday but do not buy machines from them!

Kerry McFadden

Kerry McFaddenvic, 3757

Extremely unreliable

In the two year warranty period was returned for repair 5 times, less than 6 months out of warranty needed repair again and now 4 months later once again broken down. i am now throwing the machine to the nearest dump where it belongs. Did ring customer service once and was sent washers for milk spout didnt fix a thing :(

Shashi K.

Shashi K.asked

Silver Compact ECAM23460S

In product manual, below is mentioned:
Making frothed milk (without coffee)
Proceed as described in the previous paragraph (Making
cappuccino or macchiato), pressing the CAPPUCCINO button
twice instead of once.

If I am pressing twice, nothing worked, it just go to the main menu (Standard coffee). I see in various videos that if Cappuccino button is pressed twice then display show "Froth milk" option.
Just getting froth milk with pressing cappuccino and stopping when coffee is being delivered is just waste of coffee beans. Either instruction manual should be updated or machine should function correctly what is said.
Could you please let me know if it is not working in this model (ECAM23460S) then which model does support this?

Hi Shashi,
With the model that you mention, the silver one, yes you can get frothed milk.
To do this you will need to press the cappuccino button twice. Make sure when pressing the button twice that you are pressing it hard enough and quick enough because if you aren't then it could be the reasoning as to why it is not working. But this will definitely give you just hot milk and will not grind.

Søren M.asked

Silver Compact ECAM23460S

I cant get it to make hot milk, it does not work to tap twice at the cappuccino button, does someone know what to do?

Hi Søren,
When you press the cappuccino button the milk should be delivered first. Once the milk has stopped delivery press the cappuccino button again to stop the coffee from being delivered and this is give you just hot milk.

Søren M.

But it will still grind the beans and waste them if I do that

Hi Søren,
Unfortunately this is the only way to have just hot milk with this machine.

Michael I

Michael Iasked

Hi.
Can I change the Cremalatte system with a steam wand?
Michael

I Michael,
Unfortunately you cannot change this machine to have a steam wand, have you looked at the Magnifica S which has the steam wand?

See all DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare both DeLonghi Silver Compact ECAM23460S