DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso

DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso

ECO310 and ECOV310 (Vintage)

Looks good but...

I bought this machine for its looks and it does a good job as decoration in the kitchen, however, in terms of the overall use I found the steam-wand to be rather useless and I personally didn't love the coffee (potentially not enough pressure) I upgraded to a Breville BES 870 and I couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

tastes great, but bit of a leak

I've had this coffee machine for a week or two, used it maybe three times after the initial cleaning. every time i've used it the steamer leaks water onto the bench! not only during use, but also during warming and cooling period.
other than that the coffee produced tasted great is very consistent

Date PurchasedDec 2018

A beautiful disaster

I had been looking at this beautiful machine for sometime. It was red so it would fit in with my kitchen decor, It was DeLonghi and it was affordable, what more could I want?!?

My son saw my love and want for this machine so he purchased it for my birthday. I was so happy to get it home and give it a try. The first things that I noticed was that I had to take the drip tray out to fit any type of normal sized mug. That was not a problem for me and I was happy to do that.

The problems started when I tried to froth the milk. First it was slow and painful, then messy and bubbly and with any kind of pressure the nozzle blew off! This happened several times, leaving me and my bench in a milky mess. I did end up buying a separate milk frother, however really shouldn't of needed to if this machine did what it was meant to.

The plus side is that it does make great coffee, the crema is beautiful and perfect every time.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Wonderful Coffee Machine

I purchases this coffee machine based on the strong DeLonghi name, and couldn’t be happier. Fast, quality machine. I even sold one when a friend realised how simple it was to use. The separate milk frother means our children make hot chocolates with ease, perfect every time. I strongly recommend this little European styled coffee machine.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Not good design

Hi brought the coffee espresso at good guys the coffee espresso is only good for black coffe the milk frofing isn’t good designed the steam it dasnt heat up quick you have to wait long time between making coffee and do the milk I wouldn’t recommended for some one ho likes latte

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good looks and performance, unnecessary noise

This is a very attractive unit and performs somewhat better but the noise is stupid. The rigid plastic water reservoir rattles and vibrates loudly while the pump is operating. You can dampen it by putting your hand on the reservoir but that should not be necessary. The unit will be hot enough to make espresso less than a minute after you turn it on but the top heater for cups takes a very long time to be effective and is largely symbolic. I would not leave the unit on so long to get the top hot because it would be too easy to forget and leave it on.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Decent value for money, pain to clean and makes a lot of noise

Overall, I am satisfied with the machine as I think it represents good value for money. The quality of the coffee is really a hit or miss by the machine. You have to very very careful of the ground coffee quantity. The temperature of the coffee is perfect. What I hate is the noise is creates...really really loud !

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nice Machine

It does a decent job of making espresso from ground coffee.Especially for the price, it is a pretty good value. Easy to use, not using too much space on the counter, it will give you a decent coffee. Nice milk frothing and after a few tests, the creama is just perfect .I have mine for many months without any problem. A little bit noisy but at this price, we can't complain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Very good coffee

I purchased this coffee machine with a view to stopping using the Cafitaly pods I'm used to using. I've read so much about the landfill problems that pods create and I thought I would be proactive in helping the situation. This machine uses ground coffee or ESE coffee paper pods. Illy or Lavazza for instance use the ESE system. Overall I'm happy with everything except I can't use a mug under the machine for my morning brew. To do this I have to take out the stainless steel stand to get the mug under. Otherwise, the Delonghi makes a great cup of coffee without the waste of the usual pod coffee system.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!

We love our Delonghi coffee machine. We make coffees every day and they are still delicious after years! Such a compact, sleek and tidy machine. This is the second one we've had in 10 years, and we love it.
We don't even clean it as often as we probably should but it still cracks on. Highly recommend, great family machine with a long life span.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Beautiful fluffy coffee

This coffee maker is the best! Making us fast fluffy coffee which are as good as a cafe bought one. We bought this for its bright red colour and easy grip handle. Very simple to clean and take apart. We had issues reading the instruction manual as it didn't make much sense but there are loads of videos on the net. Love drinking a cuppa from our machine

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not Bad - Very Convenient

We use this several times a week and its best advantages are its convenience and reliability. To be honest, the local cafe makes a better coffee so don't expect miracles but it straddles the difference between a quality cafe coffee and a cup of instant. It heats up quickly and is very simple to use. The only service it needs is to fill up the water and empty the drip tray. Its a handy machine

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent Machine

Does beautiful espresso coffee with good crema. Easy to use, quick to heat. Easy to clean, doesn't have lots of waste water to get rid of. I use the double holder to get a strong coffee. Have black one, looks good in kitchen. The frother wand works quite well, although I still prefer a separate frother. After problems with other machines, love this one!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Don't bother. Disappointing PITA to use. Delivers a beyond dreadful espresso.

Don't bother. Just don't Unit has an inane puck retention arrangement which will drive you nuts.Clearly intended to coerce you to buy pods for it instead. . You've been forewarned.

Puck is undersized for the double shot. The heater & pump are simply under-powered for the job of making quality espresso. Loses temp and cycles too quickly resulting in inadequate pressure. Needs 15 minutes to heat up or a couple of water shots through it first or the delivery pressure will be too low/short.

I wanted to like this unit, but instead just loath using it. I've had about 8 previous espresso machines over 25 years including Krups, Brevilles, Sunbeams, etc. This is incontestably the worst I've ever used,and makes an espresso I'd send back if it was served to me even in a McCafe. Even my Vittoria pod Espressotoria Capino for when I'm feelin' lazy tastes better by far. DeLonghi should be embarrassed.

Leaky hose!

From day one it has leaked. Now it leaks everywhere. The holding tank,the trim ring that holds the basket it leaks. It leaks from the bottom. UGH. When it gets hot the buttons do not work.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Bit Under Powered Still OK

I was given this by my family so I cant complain too much! It makes decent coffee and is easy to use but I always feel like if it had a bit more pressure it could get more from the beans. It looks good an is easy to clean but if I was replacing it, I would go for a more powerful model. Still its OK though

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good coffee machine on a budget

For a cheaper coffee machine this one is a good model. You do need to grind your coffee separately but considering the price, you would expect that. The attachment allows for single or double shots and the milk frother does a reasonable job. Coffee comes out tasting great. It’s easy to use and the tray is easy enough to clean. The base under the tray is attached to the whole unit so can be a bit harder to clean out spillages, but it’s not impossible. You do need to remember to press the button to stop pouring when your cup is full enough as there is no option to autostop.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I love it , however...

I use mugs and they don’t fit unless I remove the drip trays, then they still have to be small mugs. I love that I can use the used coffee grounds on my garden, you can’t with a capsule machine. I don’t like the milk frothed, I like to microwave my milk. very easy to clean ,I sometimes have a problem attaching the thingy that holds the coffee, it can be a bit tricky or it might just be me ...in saying all this , I would still buy another one as it’s sooo much cheaper than a capsule machine and the coffee tastes a lot better.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Love my morning coffee

I absolutely love my Delonghi espresso maker and use it everyday. It never skips a beat and makes beautiful coffee. The milk frother is also awesome and easy to use to get the right thickness. The machine itself looks smart on the kitchen bench and is also easy to clean. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

this is amazing

i have had my machine for over 1 year now and have never had an issue with it, i get perfect esspressos everytime, well worth the money, especialy considering how many time i use it, it still keeps its functions at peak level, and the life of the machine is like no other i have had in the past

Date PurchasedFeb 2017