DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Jared SharpDarwin, NT

Good coffee until started leaking...

This coffee machine served us well for a while, but is a bit plasticky and has recently started leaking - water drips directly into the cup, instead of through the filter, ruining the coffee. Disappointing.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Hi Jared,
I'm sorry your experiencing this,
Do you mean the machine drips into the cup where the portafilter goes, is the filter too loose for the portafilter?

Jared Sharp

Part of the rubber from where the portafilter sits has broken off. You can still put the portafilter in, but some water is dripping over the outside

Hi Jared,
It sounds like the rubber part that has broken was part of the seal, which would be causing the leak.
If you call our customer service on 1800 126 659 they should be able to walk your through the process of getting this new part :)

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for coffee at home but a bit hit and miss.

Okay for price, coffee is good very hit and miss, there is a chirping noise which is annoying and I've noticed the pressure is becoming less, please help with issues.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$189.00.

Sunny

SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I really wanted to love this machine

This is the second machines suffering from leak.

The first machine suffered from water leakage from the nozzle when the machine is on. Steam valve was fully closed but somehow there's still water escaping from the nozzle. Returned.

The second machine seems to be working fine until we noticed about water leaking around the edge of machine. At first we thought it could just be evaporated steam built up, but we ended up finding quite some amount of water trapped inside. Upon investigation, there's water leakage from the upper boiler.

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer Online Store for A$159.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Icona Pump Espresso compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

RossPerth, WA

Useless

Machine leaks water from inside machine spilling into cup and onto bench.
Have to take the tray out to fit a small cup in.
Made contact with Delonghi but they have not replied.
Returned unit to store of purchase and swapped for a Breville. Much better choice.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$158.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Ross, we are so sorry you had such a bad experience. How did you contact us? We would love to know so we can grow and get better from this :)

Ross

If you read my review you would see I did. Delonghi still have not replied.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Ross, yes I did read the review :) if you could let us know how you contacted us, was it via email, call or another method? This just makes it easier for us to track it :)

Claire D.

Claire D.Perth, WA

Lasted 2 months

Machine stopped making espresso are 2 months. Descaled machine but didn't make any difference. Just drips water out of boiler outlet. Good while it lasted. Will be taking back for surr

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$199.00.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

It made good coffee but broke after 10 months

Was good while it lasted but I should have paid more for a better build. Started sitting water out of everywhere and I was scared it was going to electrocute me

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances online.

Amber

AmberGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good machine for a small family

Perfect espresso machine for people who are coffee lover but with a limited budget, you can quickly make a cup of coffee within 5 mins in the morning and easy to clean it up afterward.

Ray

Raymelbourne

OK coffee machine

the coffee machine creates good pressure for home made coffee. it is easy to clean and easy to use. sufficient water tank. the down side is the tube is very easy to come off when making milk and that shocks you!!!!
The worse is I lost the tube........

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used Several times a week
De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi Ray, we are happy to replace the tube of the coffee machine if it is within Warranty, if you could please give us a call on 1800 126 65. Best, De'Longhi

Daudrey

Daudrey

Looks great

It is a nice machine, love the red color, looks ok quality-wise. Have to be careful not to put too much coffee though: 2 full (provided) spoons of coffee and the handle leaks... I like that we can choose the exact amount of water we want, that it is not preset.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for A$216.00.

De'LongiDeLonghi

Karen X

Karen X

Not an ideal product if you really love coffee

It comes instantly trouble for making coffee, now it leaking the warter from the sides but stop working for the coffee outlet, and it looks not easy to maintain as I can not buy the asssories from any store

Purchased in January 2014 for A$245.00.

Christine

ChristinePerth

Looks good but...

I bought this machine for its looks and it does a good job as decoration in the kitchen, however, in terms of the overall use I found the steam-wand to be rather useless and I personally didn't love the coffee (potentially not enough pressure) I upgraded to a Breville BES 870 and I couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ellenanne

ellenanneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

tastes great, but bit of a leak

I've had this coffee machine for a week or two, used it maybe three times after the initial cleaning. every time i've used it the steamer leaks water onto the bench! not only during use, but also during warming and cooling period.
other than that the coffee produced tasted great is very consistent

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Lamibydesign

LamibydesignGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A beautiful disaster

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Sarah N

Sarah N

Wonderful Coffee Machine

I purchases this coffee machine based on the strong DeLonghi name, and couldn’t be happier. Fast, quality machine. I even sold one when a friend realised how simple it was to use. The separate milk frother means our children make hot chocolates with ease, perfect every time. I strongly recommend this little European styled coffee machine.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Boz

Boz

Not good design

Hi brought the coffee espresso at good guys the coffee espresso is only good for black coffe the milk frofing isn’t good designed the steam it dasnt heat up quick you have to wait long time between making coffee and do the milk I wouldn’t recommended for some one ho likes latte

Date PurchasedMar 2017

AdamM

AdamMMuronbung

Good looks and performance, unnecessary noise

This is a very attractive unit and performs somewhat better but the noise is stupid. The rigid plastic water reservoir rattles and vibrates loudly while the pump is operating. You can dampen it by putting your hand on the reservoir but that should not be necessary. The unit will be hot enough to make espresso less than a minute after you turn it on but the top heater for cups takes a very long time to be effective and is largely symbolic. I would not leave the unit on so long to get the top hot because it would be too easy to forget and leave it on.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Nakul

NakulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Decent value for money, pain to clean and makes a lot of noise

Overall, I am satisfied with the machine as I think it represents good value for money. The quality of the coffee is really a hit or miss by the machine. You have to very very careful of the ground coffee quantity. The temperature of the coffee is perfect. What I hate is the noise is creates...really really loud !

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Dominic

DominicKITCHENER

Nice Machine

It does a decent job of making espresso from ground coffee.Especially for the price, it is a pretty good value. Easy to use, not using too much space on the counter, it will give you a decent coffee. Nice milk frothing and after a few tests, the creama is just perfect .I have mine for many months without any problem. A little bit noisy but at this price, we can't complain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Lou2Loops

Lou2LoopsWA, 6171

Very good coffee

I purchased this coffee machine with a view to stopping using the Cafitaly pods I'm used to using. I've read so much about the landfill problems that pods create and I thought I would be proactive in helping the situation. This machine uses ground coffee or ESE coffee paper pods. Illy or Lavazza for instance use the ESE system. Overall I'm happy with everything except I can't use a mug under the machine for my morning brew. To do this I have to take out the stainless steel stand to get the mug under. Otherwise, the Delonghi makes a great cup of coffee without the waste of the usual pod coffee system.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Anni

AnniPerth

Love it!

We love our Delonghi coffee machine. We make coffees every day and they are still delicious after years! Such a compact, sleek and tidy machine. This is the second one we've had in 10 years, and we love it.
We don't even clean it as often as we probably should but it still cracks on. Highly recommend, great family machine with a long life span.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Maxine P.asked

Icona Pump Espresso

Second one of these machines I've had where eventually the steam pump send to stop working. You will hear it boil for a few seconds, stop, the OK light comes on and the steam will start up again, but only go for a few seconds. Then the machine will boil for a few seconds again, OK light, steam a bit more... Wash rinse repeat. But there is hardly any stream pressure, and the surface of the milk doesn't even move. It will eventually great the milk enough to be drinkable, but it takes ages. Is this a thermostat problem, or a broken heating element, or something else...? Still getting hot/fine espresso function.

Hi Maxine P,
Has the steam wand stopped working after cleaning? If the wand is not attached properly, or missing it's O ring it will not produce froth and takes a long time to heat the milk. To check the wand, if you can pull the outer part down without trouble it means it is not locked in. You will need to remove the outer part to check that the O ring is still attached also.

Maxine P.

Yes I pull it apart to clean often, the O ring is still present.

Hi Maxine P,
If you would like, you can you direct message us your contact details and we will have someone from customer service to give you a call or you can call them directly on 1800 126 659, as you may need to have your machine serviced.

Christine Adams

Christine Adamsasked

Icona Pump Espresso

What supermarket brand of capsules do any of you use?

I don't use capsules

Sandie

Sandieasked

Icona Pump Espresso

Hi, I have had my Coffee Machine for about 2 months now and love it, but every now and then, when frothing the milk, the steamer part comes flying off and I get milk and froth everywhere. Does anyone know why this would happen and is there something I am doing wrong? thanks

Hi Sandie,
It could mean that the steam wand wasn't fully locked in that time.
Make sure when putting the steamer back on to turn it to lock, and give it a tug to make sure it is locked :)

Shane

I'd be making sure the frothing wand is locked in correctly.

Alex V.
Alex V.

The same thing happens to me EVERY single time that I try to froth milk. I am always very careful to check that the frothing wand is locked in correctly, but it doesn't work (it doesn't actually lock). This is very frustrating and badly designed.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives