DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino

• Milk Frothing
Martin B

Martin BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thrashed it for 5 years.

Very pleased with my Eletta, but i think my steam pump has just died, after 2 cups a day for 5+ years. So i'm not complaining. New one or Repair?

Purchased in November 2015 at Harvey Norman for A$1,500.00.

Excellent Machine!!!!!!!!!!

I have had my Eletta for about 3 years now and still going great easy to clean and makes the perfect coffee every time. So many people put bad reviews on coffee not being hot enough should know that coffee isn't supposed to be scolding hot! If you want a scolding hot beverage go and drink tea!

Hi Brock M,
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy your enjoying your Eletta Capuccino coffee machine. Much appreciate you feedback

KathCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Hate it. I would NOT recommend

Having read all the mixed reviews and being torn over whether to purchase a DeLonghi Eletta machine, I chanced it anyway and brought one, and I HATE IT!

Nearly all the negative reviews are correct!!

Its one of the noisiest machines I've had but the worst of all, the coffee is barely hot!!

You have the option of selecting the water temperature and even if you put it on the highest temp setting.... It's still not overly hot.

So, I find myself having to make a coffee and then put it in the microwave. Disgraceful given the money spent.

To prospective buyers... don't be me and be caught out chancing it..... the reviews you read are right!

Purchased in September 2020 at Costco ACT, Canberra.

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Anna

Anna

Manufacturing quality has dropped badly

I purchased this coffee machine about 2 -3 years ago. Always clean it without any chemicals and with a soft sponge.

Recently, I found a piece of metal, shiny piece of aluminium inside my coffee mug! I nearly swallowed!
When I checked the machine underneath the coffee spouts I could verified that they were peeling off!
I have taken photos of it and other tiny bits on a white napkin.

I am really shocked with this this. I have stopped using it due to health and safety concerns.

Purchased at Frequent flyer points.

Product is usedWeekly
De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Ana, Thank you for your review, Could you please send us a Direct Message with your phone number and our Compliance Manager will be in touch. Thank you

Lachlan

LachlanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Doesn’t get hot enough

My machine arrived yesterday and the aesthetics is great. Was quite easy to set up, but it’s just not producing ‘hot’ coffee or milk - more lukewarm.

I’ve turned off power saving mode, set the temperature to level 4 of 4, enabled the cup warmer, tried only milk, only espresso and still lukewarm coffee.

I’ve tried the water spout and steam comes out, but more after ‘bean to cup’ experience.

Not sure if my machine is faulty? I read lots of reviews prior to buying and the majority are good.

Purchased in August 2020 at Amazon for A$800.00.

Lynette G.

Lynette G.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Was apprehensive about buying such an expensive machine, However I`ve made the right choice. This machine is a little bit complicated but my husband sorted it out for me. Now that I`ve set my personal setting this machine just does its thing and produces great cuppucino`s.
It`s menu, has many, many setting and can be complicated but with the amount of options this machine has it`s no wonder it is a bit complicated, You can adjust everything from the grind of the bean, the cup volume, strength of coffee etc, but once set, it`s a breeze. It will make coffee to suit individuals or just a run of the mill type cuppucino.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is usedSeveral times a week

Makes good coffee but now milk jug doesn't work

I bought this machine approx 3-4 years ago and once the grinder was set correctly it started making great coffee. Recently I could hear the machine was making a different noise when the pump started up to make a coffee. Now the machine fails to produce steam and when I connect the milk jug the machine doesn't allow you to select the milk or a milk based coffee.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We would love to help you further on this and get this resolved ASAP. Could you give us a call on 1800 126 659. Best, De'Longhi

MorticiaSouthern and Hills, SA

Will not buy another De'Longhi coffee machine

After my De'Longhi Dedica machine, I purchased another De'Longhi machine. Same problem as with the Dedica - constantly resetting itself (which drives me mad) and continuously displaying "descale" after I performed the descale, the last time I did it twice but to no avail. I am totally over De'Longhi's coffee machines. I did purchase this product online from De'Longhi as a factory second so it had a scratch on one side, but who cares as I did save $1000. However, that is not the point, it should perform much better than it has.

Purchased in August 2018 at De'Longhi for A$699.00.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We would be happy to help you with the descale alert with both of your coffee machine. Please give us a call on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to assist you :) Best, De'Longhi

Dionigi S.Perth, WA

We will never buy a delonghi product again

Even though our coffee machine Eletta was still under warranty and service in Perth the wait has been over two weeks, now told 6 more weeks waiting for a part.

November 16th 2019 Update: Warranty on DeLonghi products

Coffee machine is fantastic until stop working and then you are screw,still waiting to get my machine over one month.
Item arrive harvey Norman sent me 90 km for pick up.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,299.00.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi Dionigi, we will be happy to check the exact wait time for this part. Could you give us a call and we can look this up for you? Our number is 1800 126 659. Thank you.

Alicia D

Alicia DSydney, NSW

I love my coffee machine!!!

It makes great coffee and is so easy to use. The coffee is consistently good and hot enough if you don’t have too much milk in it. I have my perfect coffee set in the machine and now all I have to do is press the button!!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Cheree

ChereeTweed Heads

My coffee maker is indispensable

Eletta is an excellent coffee maker for the home. I find it is easy to use and maintain. Not too noisy, and produces coffee at the right strength and temperature. (I do heat my cup first.) The milk heating function, I find the best way is to not use the jug, I just use the steam function. Easy to maintain.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,000.00.

Leila

LeilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worse coffee machine ever!

Purchased in April 2019 for A$1,100.00.

Nick B.

Nick B.Far North Queensland, QLD

Very easy to use and makes great coffee

The Eletta makes beautiful creamy coffee and it’s fully automated functions plus self-cleaning (including on the removable milk canister) features make it so practical and easy to use. We love it and use it every morning for our take-away coffee on the road to work.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

PA.Eddy81

PA.Eddy81Perth, WA

What a work horse!!

Our machine we use for work. had it nearly 3 yrs. It has made over 34 000 coffees. Just died. No coffee coming out of spouts.Steam, water and milk still works. We descaled it every month. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

paulybabe

paulybabeAdelaide

Does it get any better?

Our delightful Elleta coffee machine died this morning after making 5686 coffees over six years. Without any hesitation I drove to Costco and brought home a new one tonight. NUF said.
It still grinds and make the coffee but it won’t make the milk.

Purchased in May 2013 at David Jones.

Francis Lui

Francis LuiSydney, NSW

Delonghi Eletta Cappuccino

I just received the machine this afternoon and the machine showing General Alarm, after turning off and on press Latte Button, it stuck there showing "Latte Preparation Underway" for more than 10 minutes and nothing comes out.

Even pressing reset back to factory default. Remove the water tank and open the cover and pressed the red button to reset diffuser also remained the same. What sort of product quality is this machine?

Purchased in April 2019.

CJC

CJCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has to be one of the best coffee machines on the market

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,299.00.

Bolsie

BolsieNorth Queensland, QLD

Cheap & Nasty

This machine is a big disappointment, weak coffee, warm coffee, you lose the settings if the power goes off and the instruction manual is very disappointing. Have owned a DeLonghi Magnifica for 8 years has been a brilliant machine at half the price. The Eletta is not easy to setup and get the required coffee taste you will use lots of beans and milk and will have to use a microwave to get a hot coffee. Our machine broke down after 4 months of use and had to be sent away something in the milk pump failed ????? got it back and had to go through the setup again still makes lousy coffee would swap for another Magnifica.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Beans won’t autofill

I had the previous one and loved it. This one has a flawed design. The beans won’t go down most of the time! I called and they said that I couldn’t use French Roast—too oily? So I changed from my favorite beans and still it didn’t work. Then I was told to only put a very small amount of bean unlike the old one which you could fill. For $1700+ this is a regrettable purchase. wish they would exchange!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Annoyed

AnnoyedMelbourne

Horrible machine. Can’t wait to get rid of it

This machine is horrible. Have tried various beans and settings. We’ve given up. It’s a dust collector now. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Delonghi customer service is pretty average.
After ringing to see if we can get a Delonghi expert to see if we are not using the machine correctly, we were told to go to there service centre and would have to pay something like $100-$150 an hour for the privilege. Are you friggen serious? What, was a plumber going to show me how to use it? Pathetic

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Viola

Violaasked

Hi. How do I switch from pre-ground to bean coffee please? I have used pre-ground coffee recently but having beans now. My display keeps showing pre-ground and I have no idea how to make eletta use grinder again. Thank you

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Viola, the way you would change from pre-ground to beans would be by the button on the middle left-hand side (photo of 2 beans). When you press this the screen will change from the spoon icon to beans, and this is where you can change the strength of the coffee too; 1 bean is weak and 5 beans is strong.

Eyesupasked

Hi, I have Delonghi Top 45.760. Every time I use the milk dispenser, the machine puts about 30ml of clean water into the drip tray via a hidden channel, the drip tray fills up with this water, is this normal?

This is not the cleaning cycle or milk clean cycle, I use a cup to catch the water from those.

Please advise, much appreciated.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Eyesup, yes this is normal for the machine to dispense clean water into the drip tray via the internal channel when making milk options :)
We suggest that when the machine asks you to clean the grounds container to empty out the drip tray as well, and this will minimise the chance of the tray overflowing.

Eyesup

Thank you, for the answer, great. :)

I upgraded to a Delonghi Top from the Magnifica 4200 and I wish to put the Magnifica into storage. Please could you advise if there is anything I need to do - eg. getting all water out of the system.

Please could you advise, thanks for your help.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Eyesup, congratulations on your new purchase! :)
When putting a machine in storage, the best thing to do would be clean every part (bean container, grounds container, drip tray, water tank and brewing unit) and this is decrease the chance of any used beans to become mouldy. You won't need to empty out any water circuit :)

Julian T.

Julian T.asked

Hello, we recently purchased this coffee machine and in the process of setting up we selected german by mistake and now cant work out how to proceed. Can you resent without going through the menu? Thanks!!

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Julian, we have attached a how-to video on changing the language. You will have to go through the menu to change the language but with the how-to video it will show you how many times to press until you get to set language :)

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

With its easy one-touch operation and creamy milk froth produced by the LatteCrema System, the Eletta is sure to please more than just cappuccino drinkers.

Features:

• One-touch buttons facilitate easy preparation of a: cappuccino, latte, latte macchiato or milk-only drinks
  • Ability to make 2 drinks at the same time
  • Descaling, cleaning and rinsing program, which automates the cleaning process for you
  • Integrated milk carafe makes creamy milk foam, without the mess, as it also features an auto-cleaning function
  • Grinding technology allows you to choose how fine or coarse you’d like your beans to be
  • Stainless steel construction is durable and sleek

What reviewers liked about the DeLonghi Eletta Cappuccino:

Around 68% of reviewers awarded the DeLonghi Eletta a 4 or 5-star rating. These reviewers cited the Eletta’s best-performing qualities as the consistency of coffees made, the strong stainless steel build quality and value for money (although it’s $1,299, it's still cheaper than many high-end automatic models).

Reviewers with positive reports also noted that the Eletta was a little fiddly to find the right settings to begin with. However, they added that if you can persevere, it’s worth it and the machine becomes easy to use. Cups of coffee made by the Eletta were particularly enjoyed by cappuccino drinkers for the creamy froth on top, but coffee drinkers of all kinds appreciated the machine's performance.

The product is also referred to as the Eletta Cappuccino Top.

CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines