DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio / Genio 2

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio / Genio 2

EDG455B (Black), EDG456S (Silver) and EDG465B (Black)

WYD

WYDSydney, NSW

Cute & simple

Got it last June when is EOFY promotion bought 20 boxes & get this little Genio for FREE...
A great deal right, for me it’s a great deal...in the family we love Americano, Nesquic & Flat Latte....save my pocket rather buying from the coffee shop....

Purchased in June 2019.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily

Pinkay

PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for daily use

Got it because there was a half price promotion going on. The latte capsule tastes the best so far, i also like the chocolate one. It is easy to use and clean as well.

Purchased in March 2018.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little pod machine

Great little pod machine. Easy storage as its perfect in size. Can get heaps of nice coffee pods for it that tastes so delicious. Love the black machine as it goes with my decor.

Purchased in June 2017 for $79.00.

Consistency
Product is used: Several times a week
beachsider

beachsiderSydney, NSW

Ok machine but coffee taste not so great

Bought this machine over Christmas, it looks decent and works ok but the coffee quality from the pods is very ordinary. I always find it really watery and not the robust flavour you get from some of the Nespresso or higher end machines. It's an ok buy but I can think of better options.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

iMan

iManAU

Does its job

The machine is fine.A little splashy but makes a descent cup of coffee (or hot chocolate, nesquik or tea if you prefer chai latte). Doesn't have many parts to clean, which means it's almost maintenance free. Just be careful not to lose the funnel that comes with it or you'll have a hard time cleaning it up without water splashing all around you.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

muffy

muffygold coast

easy to use

A quick and easy cup of coffee. Always functions without issue. Just wish they would enable us to purchase milk capsules separately for those of us who like a milkier or less strong cup! Purchase experience without any problems and quick delivery. Capsules easy to purchase on line and also quick delivery.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

IngakMelbourne

Easy to use

This machine is easy to use and it does produce tasty, rich, creamy consistently good coffee. The only issue is that the pods that you can use for it are limited. Nespresso compatible pods tend to have a lot more variety on offer than the pods you can use for this machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Love it

As I'm getting this review I'm enjoying a perfect cup of coffee I have had my machine for a fee years now and love it. I even bought one for my work place. It's simple to use and the variety of flavours are great I would recommend to anyone
It's a must have in any kitchen.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Saz

Saz

Best Coffee Pod Machine Ever!

Absolutely love our new Dolce Gusto Genio 2. Really easy to use and there's a great range of flavours/tastes. We typically use the cappuccino or macchiato pods. Delicious, quick and easy! The pods are a little expensive at around $1 each however the coffees are as good as barista made coffees anyway!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Morgan

MorganAdelaide

Quick great coffee.

Very happy with my coffee pod machine! Purchased at target online store! Very easy to use and so quick, lots of flavours to choose from and love that u can make it hot or cold! Cleaning is very easy and not much required, and size of machine is good too not big at all doesn’t take up much kitchen space!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kylie s

Kylie sSunbury

It’s average!

I’ve had a few coffee pod machines and this would be a lower rating machine. The coffee tastes ok, often it has a burnt taste. I don’t like the pods, they’re expensive in comparison and you get less because most flavours has a milk pod as well, this means less coffee per packet compared to other brands.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Tiger

TigerPerth, Western Australia

Awesome Coffee All The Time

Unlike other reviewers, I love the taste of this coffee particularly the Espresso Intenso pods. I do agree that the pods are overpriced though and I have noticed Woolworths is getting a bit slack in making sure that the most popular pods are always in stock on the shelf. Overall though the unit is perfect. Really easy to use and transportable - I take it everywhere with me to make sure I get my coffee hit including hotels and camping! :)

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Caroline Thomas

Caroline ThomasQueensland, 4877

I don't like it

It's easy to use but very expensive . The coffee didn't taste good to me either. I bought cappuccino too which was hard to figure out that you have one cap of milk and the other cap of coffee to put in. I wouldn't buy this machine again. Not happy

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Bree

Bree

Love my coffee machine

I love my coffee machine. Cuts my coffee costs from cafes down from $5 a coffee to $1 a coffee and I believe it tastes much better too! Easy and quick to make your coffee if you are in a rush in the morning. It is simple and easy and I love it. All you need.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
MissJAL

MissJALMelbourne

Okay but limited coffee machine

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Medeeks

MedeeksCROYDON

Handy AIO Machine for the Cafe crowd

It makes a range of different coffees and other beverages without the need for frothing your milk or pouring the right ratios yourself. Make a cappuccino (or skim cap), a few lattes, hot chocolate, a couple different short and long blacks and even some iced tea with this machine. The pods aren't the cheapest to buy but you have a range of types of coffee to choose from. Cleaning is easy and minimal. Very easy to use and quick to heat up.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

TAZ

TAZ

makes coffee and other kids drinks

This is a really good coffee machine for all. I love that it can make Coffee, Peach ice tea, NESQUIK, Hot chocolate and many more in their range. It is simple to use instructions, i also like their modern range of looks. It is a quick to use and no mess in using this machine. just put water , capsule and go.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Mickey Q

Mickey QAU

Simple Machine! Really like it!!

I have bought the Dolce Gusto Genio 6 month ago. The machine is really convenient and the coffee is yummy. Easy clean, easy to use. The capsule is affordable and it can be bought from Coles and Woolworth. If you register at their website, you can also get some offers when you order the capsules.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

RozLily

RozLily

Easy to use

It is great for a fast and yumny coffee. Also, I found it is very easy to clean too. The coffee tastes good enough for us to wake up. Also, the capsule is relatively affordable and they come with a huge variety. I think the price is quite reasonable too.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Jerikris

Jerikrissydney

Just ok Coffee Machine

My mom gifted this coffee machine as a Christmas Present. She knows I like drinking coffee and this coffee machine is very easy to use and closed to having a coffee in restaurants. But buying capsules is quiet expensive and sometimes not a good quality coffee is produced using this. Cheaper compare to others. If anyone is looking for convenience and just fine coffee. Then buy this machine. Otherwise save more money and buy more expensive but high end coffee machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Lynda W

Lynda Wasked

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)

Do you have to pull a lever for the water to come out and then wait until the cup is how you want it and then push it back? Or is it automatic and you can press a button for the amount of water you want and it stops automatically?

Ingak

You push a button for a long or short black or coffee with milk.

Daly

Dalyasked

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)

Can milk be used in the water tank?

Amanda58
Amanda58

No, the water tank is for water only. If you want to heat milk separately then this isn't the machine for you.

Johanasked

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG455B (Black)

Out water holder started to leak how can I replace that?

Platypup
Platypup

I had a similar problem from a leaking seam at the bottom of the water tank. Fortunately it was still under warranty so I took it back to the retailer (Harvey Norman) where an obliging assistant simply replaced it from a new one in stock. If yours is out of warranty try the DeLongi Nescafe Dulce Gusto Genio website which I have also found very helpful.

Johan

Thank ypu, i will contact my dealer as well.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG455B (Black)
  • Discontinued

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG455B (Black)

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG456S (Silver)
  • Discontinued

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG456S (Silver)

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)
  • Discontinued

DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)

CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar
Weight2.5 kg2.5 kg2.5 kg
Capsule CompatabilityDolce GustoDolce GustoDolce Gusto
Milk FrotherNoneNoneNone
Auto Shut-offYesYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateOct 2012
Replaced byDeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)DeLonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio EDG465B (Black)

Download manual