DeLonghi La Specialista EC9335M

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Kylie

KylieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect Machine Perfect Coffee !!

I’ve had my machine a few weeks now and it is absolutely amazing! The automatic built in grinder & tamp are a great feature absolutely no waste or mess. So simple to operate .. the steam pressure is perfect for milk never too frothy & quite hot if that’s how you like it. After researching for a few months I am so glad I went with this machine & she is a stunner too.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Online for A$849.00.

Hi Kylie,
We are so happy your enjoying your machine, thanks for review

Leaking, leaking, leaking.

Had this for four months, it leaks water all over the counter repeatedly will go a few days than water everywhere. A common problem, read reviews before buying but thought this can’t be true.... do not buy!!!

Purchased in June 2020.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi John, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to help resolve this ASAP :)

John
John

Customer Service is sending a new drip tray as this is a known issue, and hope this will solve the problem. The water is leaking from bottom of actual unit so we will see.

Rod M

Rod MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was great now stopped grinding

have loved my machine up until today.We descaled it 2 days ago and went to use it today but our grinder doesn't work.we tried everything advised in the cleaning section but nothing has changed.everything else works,there are no warning lights on..any tips

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$750.00.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Rod, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi La Specialista EC9335M compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Great coffee, easy to use and looks great!

Purchased in May 2020.

Amy R.

Amy R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaking after 2 weeks of using machine

Heard good things about the Delonghi La Specialista - I’ve had it for 2 weeks and it’s already started to leak and make loud noises when making espressos. After reading reviews seem to be a common issue. Very disappointed as the coffee tastes great but the machine is already broken - hopefully they can fix this problem for future customers

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week
De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Amy, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Joe H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fault after two weeks and 8 cups of Coffee

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$799.00.

Joe H.

ADDITIONAL...the machine is also leaking water everytime it was used a puddle formed underneath middle left side.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Joe, thank you for your review and we are so sorry to hear this. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 ASAP. We will be able to organise a repairer to pick up your machine and have it assed right away.

My morning partner

I enjoy my coffee every morning I woke up. The quality of coffee produced by the machine makes me satisfied my taste as well as the temperature that I want.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$799.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Nela, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has been pretty good, but suddenly stopped working after 5 weeks

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for A$790.00.

Hi Sofia,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and giving us the chance to help you.
Let us know how it goes at the repairer :)

Sofia19

I've sent it back to The Good Guys and will see what happens. I just don't want it to constantly stop working as it was very expensive.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Sofia, yes of course. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you will :)

Cloe J.

Cloe J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great coffee machine so far!!

We have had this coffee machine for 3 months or so now and it has had no issues whatsoever (besides a bit of coffee getting stuck in the filter which made the pressure go whack.... easy fix). We use the machine a few times a day and the coffee has been consistent. We find we only really use a fine grind on the settings and I wish it would have a bigger range for the grind settings. The milk frother works well but doesnt allow for coffee art as its pretty automated. All in all great machine delicious coffee and we are very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$719.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Cloe, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Lorraine

LorraineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Faith restored in brand.

My machine has now been returned and my faith in the brand has been restored after speaking with Andrea at Customer Service at DeLonghi. Their service people in Adelaide had let them down on this occasion.
I am now hoping for a trouble free machine.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys.

Coffee Sydney

Coffee SydneySydney, NSW

DeLonghi La Specialista - great at home machine

We have had the DeLonghi La Specialista machine at home for the last few weeks now, and it is easy to use with an automatic tamper and grinder which is great (especially if you're looking for barista made coffee at home). If you're unsure how to use the machine, make sure you book a demo in if needed as a representative will be able to show you how to use the machine over Zoom which was very helpful. If you like milk coffee, the frother is great as well and easy to use. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to have cafe quality coffee at home.

Purchased in May 2020.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Coffee Sydney, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine and that our live demonstration was really helpful to you!

Delonghi La Specialista Leaking Water

Hi, I love using this 1-3 times a day. The descale symbol came on yesterday and since then it has leaked the entire contents of the watertank on to the bench

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$899.00.

Hi Elise,
I have escalated your issue to our La Specialista expert who will be in contact with you shortly. Please be careful leaving your personal information on a review site as everyone can see your information.
Kind Regards,
Delonghi Team

Elise
Elise

noted have deleted my info :) thanks team.

ShannonSydney, NSW

Leaks everywhere

Bought my La Specialista off of DeLonghi’s Amazon shop on the 22nd of July.
I have had it for a week, using it at least once a day and have come back to find that it has leaked all over my countertops on 4 different occasions.

After doing some research, I have found that this seems to be a common issues that has never been addressed or rectified - would never have bought the machine if I had known earlier.

Waiting to hear back from DeLonghi about a replacement or fix.

Purchased in July 2020 at Amazon for A$799.00.

Shannon

UPDATE: it is now leaking daily; I am concerned over the damage this will be doing to my counters.

616473BGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Leaks, all the water drains from the tank all over the kitchen

I have logged this twice now with DeLonghi and had absolutely no response. Customer service/support is sadly lacking.
It makes great coffee, but I am over wondering if I'll wake up to a flooded counter top. Frother works a treat.

I did forget to mention that the I logged the initial fault over a month ago with no response. Logged again last week, same. The DeLonghi contact below has not generated a response either. Yes, we are all affected by the virus, but don't trot it out as an excuse for poor customer support.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$879.00.

616473BG

Thank you for the update I will message you my details.

Jack R.

Jack R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

DeLonghi La Specialista

I have been using the DeLonghi La Specialista for around 3 months now. I'm really impressed with the cafe level of coffee. I was a little sceptical at first as I wanted a machine for at home that wasn't too much hassle. The La Specialista is very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use. I would highly recommend this machine for someone who enjoys coffee but doesn't want to break the bank.

Purchased in March 2020.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jack, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Kellie A.

Kellie A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great coffee machine. Coffees are just as good as cafe bought.

The machine is easy to use and I love the automatic coffee grinder and tampa function. The temperature and continued quality coffee, which is as good as a barista coffee from a cafe. I have had the machine for over a month now and haven't had any issues with it.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$799.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Kellie, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine!

ZeeZee

ZeeZeeVictoria

Love my Delonghi

Purchased in July 2020 at Bing Lee for A$799.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi ZeeZee, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! Thank you so much! :)

Rafa

RafaSydney, NSW

I have very good results from my La Specialista

Very satisfied, perfect coffee ,also no problems with temperature or pressure, no water leaks as I read in some reviews. Overall I recommend this machine, for the price I paid can't expect any better.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$799.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Rafa, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are happy with your machine! :)

Roslyn D.Sydney, NSW

Don’t waste your money

Don’t waste your money. Had it 2 months.....now milk frother not working. Spent another $30 on De scaling fluid.....warning lights still on. Had a Nespresso machine 10 years......not 1 problem. Not happy with it in the slightest. Contacted After sales service, sent it to THEIR repairer, came back after a week....now 2 new faults. Contacted them....only option is REPAIR it again.....3 weeks now without a decent coffee. No faith in this company or machine.

Purchased in April 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$799.00.

Roslyn D.

Amazing.......a negative review and still no answer. Says a great deal about the integrity of this company.

Pete

PeteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great looking machine and easy to operate

I purchased the Delonghi La Specialista matt black version. Firstly, it's a stunning looking machine. It was pretty easy to setup and dial in that first coffee/latte.

The Smart tamping station is very handy and easy to operate. No more mess!!

The milk foam works extremely well providing you install the 2 sleeves properly onto the wand. Otherwise milk will overflow out of the jug.

I haven't used any of the coffee preset options just yet as I've only had the machine for a couple of days.

Looking forward to my morning coffee now.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Pete, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Melissa W.

Melissa W.asked

Hi,
After completing descaling three times (because the water tank kept running too low to complete despite me filling it to the top, forcing me to start the process again) now I have been able to make one coffee fine but now the water and coffee is getting stuck/building up water in the filter which raises the pressure to 3/4 of the way around the dial. No coffee comes out at all, then when I remove the Filter holder the pressure explodes a little this has happened 6 times now and is wasting so much coffee (not to mention I can’t have one from my 2 month old machine!).
Please help!

Hi Melissa,
Check your water hardness with the litmus test that was provided in your manual, as the machine is pre-set to a harder setting than most Australian water, this way you won't have to descale as often.
As for the pressure build up, if you could DIRECT message us your email address and phone number so that we can pass it on to our La Specialista Expert and she will be in contact with you or alternately ring our customer service team direct on 1800 126 659 so we can help you with this issue :)

elhirba

elhirbaasked

Hi! is it better to use distilled water to make coffee to avoid the water stone deposits in the machine? What’s the best water should I use?

Hi Elhirba,
The best water to use on your machine is soft filtered water. If you do not have soft filtered water you can purchase a filter to fit into your machine. We have attached a link to the filter for your machine below.

Mattasked

Grinder not working at all
I have cleaned it
All coffee beans have been removed
Machine does not show the red light indicating no coffee
Everything is locked back into place correctly

Hi Matt,
Is your grinder set on Pre-ground coffee??

Matt

Yes it is set on the dial before placing the coffee handle and filter into its position

cbscho
cbscho

I have just had the same issue. It worked fine making a coffee and then 30 minutes later I tried to make another (on all the same settings) and the grinder is not working. You can hear the switch click, but the grinder is not turning on. It is set at the correct volume setting (not the pre-ground setting), and there are no indicating lights.
Any suggestions?

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives