DeLonghi La Specialista Maestro

• Milk Frothing
hayleykidman

hayleykidmanPerth, WA

Not worth the money

We have had a few coffee machines and this is the worst we have had yet. I managed to get our old Sunbeam Toronto repaired after being so disappointed with this machine.
It got one star because hubby liked it frothing they milk for him. We have had the magifica, we have a small travel delonghi we use for travelling so i have had a few delonghi coffee machines to review on experience. This machine will now become an emergency machine.

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $1,999.00.

Love it, but

Have had my Maestro for 2 months and love using it. It’s everything I love in a machine. Finding that my coffee (tried all my proven blends) is more bitter than with previous machines and can’t seem to reduce the bitterness.

Purchased in November 2020 at Myer for $1,900.00.

Shez

Shez

So far so good (excellent)

Purchased at Myer for $1,699.00.

Hi Shez,
Thank you for your kind words, we love hearing from our happy customers. We have also noted your comments for improvements as De'Longhi is always looking at ways to improve their machine.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi La Specialista Maestro compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

ConLac

ConLacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic coffee machine

Bought this machine a couple of weeks ago when my old pod machine died. Felt real beans was the way forward....and I’m so glad I did. We had a zoom session with Heather who was awesome and gave us some barista tricks to functions, menus and making the perfect froth.
This machine is so user friendly, my 7 year old can still make coffee with the automatic milk frother.
Everything you need to get started and work through to set your coffee machine up is in the manuals or easy to view YouTube clips online.
Cleaning and maintenance appears to be easy as well.
We got it at a great price, with bonus gift pack making this a difficult deal to pass up.
I will give updates as we move along to see if this machine holds up.

Purchased in December 2020 at Myer for $1,699.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi ConLac, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad you are loving your machine and you found our zoom setup helpful! We will pass on your great feedback to Heather :)

Michael Cook

Michael CookSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delonghi La Specialista Maestro

I am most impressed with this machine. Great results in making my various coffees with great taste and consistency. I have never experienced a true coffee flavour until I received this coffeemaker and made my own drinks, Lattes and Cappuccinos regularly. Most enjoyable even the way the temperature is set is perfect. Absolutely rapt with this machine.

Purchased at The Good Guys Online store.

CherylDeLonghi

Michael we really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and am so happy that you are enjoying your Maestro. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Very happy you are enjoying good coffee.

Best of both worlds

I purchased this recently because I currently have a Delonghi fully automatic but I’ve always felt that the milk was not quite hot enough. This machine gives me the best of both world because I can now froth the milk myself or the machine does it for me. I was shown by Suzy, Delonghi QLD rep the in and outs of the machine. Very happy and I’ve always trusted the brand De’Longhi.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Mick,
Thank you so much for your review, we love hearing great things about our De'Longhi reps and how much you love your machine.

Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

DeLonghi Maestro - Awesome Machine!

This machine does it all! It has the automated functions we need to make high quality coffee fast, with little effort, as well as the option to be used manually for more customised brews.

I had Suzy Harper, the DeLonghi QLD Sales Rep, demonstrate all the great features of this machine in a one-to-one lesson at Harvey Norman. The Maestro is easy to use and has a wide range of options to personalise each setting to get the coffee you love every time, remembering your preferences the next time you use it.

Love this machine, would recommend to anyone.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,850.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Josh, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad you are loving your machine and that Suzy was such a great help to you! We love hearing stories like these :)

Lorraine D.

Lorraine D.asked

Coffee grinder no working

renny

rennyasked

Hi are the cappuccino nice and hot I currently have a very expensive machine but not impressed

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Renny, for this particular machine, yes the cappuccinos are hot. Since this is a manual machine you can heat up the milk with the steam wand to however hot you would like.
The best places to look around for the best price would be at https://delonghicoffeemachines.com.au/ and this will also tell you which stores near you are selling the Maestro :)

Lynsey asked

The coffee is hot enough how can I make it hotter without using the Manual streamer?

Hi Lynsey,
You can customise your length of pour for both coffee and milk with the "MY" button if your using the auto milk carafe. If you want to learn more about your machine you can book a one on one with a coffee expert who can go through how to customise your coffees at: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/live-coffee-expert#

Lynsey

We have looked in the manual and there is no option to increase the temperature it’s is set at 5 also out coffee being dispensed into the tamper is not working correctly now when we got it it was fine at 15 now it’s down to 9 and still to much coffee so we have to scrap it out every time

Hi Lynsey,
The best way to increase the temperature on the automatic milk would be to customise your drinks to have around 40% coffee and 60% milk. The temperature of the coffee will increase the temperature of the milk. The way to customise is linked below for you, and if you are having trouble you can book in a one-on-one with us, the link is above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDmmeKTjEQ

As for the ground coffee. You will need to adjust the settings for the bean as the same settings will not work properly on older bean or newer beans. If you have the dose level on 9 and it is still too much for your basket, try decreasing the settings.

See all DeLonghi La Specialista Maestro questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines