DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Bruce M.
Bruce M.Hunter Region, NSW

Love it exactly what I hoped it would do

Love it worried I’d spent a lot of money to not be happy with it in fact it’s been exactly what I wanted.Grinds coffee froths milk and allows you to return in used milk let’s yo interrupt process has lots of user settings so you can make your own favourite blend .worked out after 6 months it’s paid for itself

Purchased in January 2021 for $890.00.

De'Longhi TeamDeLonghi
Hilary D.
Hilary D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t go past this one.

This machine is the best. It’s so easy to use. Just the push of a button. Because it grinds beans as part of the process the cup of coffee is fresh and tasty. Online that I can set the temperature, the strength and even the internal between descaling (based on how hard or soft your water is). It’s easy to clean and robust. For the money, which is not cheap but well worth it in the long run, it’s a must have if you like good coffee.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $890.00.

De'Longhi TeamDeLonghi

Hi Hilary, we are overjoyed to see how much you are loving your machine!

Dave
DaveMelbourne, Victoria

Has Delonghi, started to compromise on the durability of their products lately?

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $697.00.

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

dianaza
dianazaNew South Wales

Easy to use, clean and operate coffee machine producing pleasing quality coffee with little fuss

Coffee had good crema, smooth texture and flavour.
Thought froth was thin and watery and lacked thickness
Very impressed with automation of the machine it achieved all the steps with one touch.
Coffee was very consistent
The temperature was hot every time.
Cleaning of the machine was easy and straightforward with good instructions given in the book
I would recommend this coffee machine to everyone looking for an easy to use, easy to clean and operate machine which produces consistent quality coffee

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $1,400.00.

Raid D.
Raid D.Northern Region, NSW

This is good coffee!

Great way to have coffee at home at a quality better than slot of cafes.
I Get to choose my favourite beans and press couple of buttons and the coffe comes out the same way I set it up every time

Purchased for $499.00.

Hey Raid,
Thanks for your review. Glad you are enjoying good coffee and the ease of making it.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Jenitu

Depends how you like your coffee.

Bought this machine and found no matter what grind the coffee was watery. Sent for repair -and returned, but I have to say it’s still watery coffee. I’m changing the beans to see if that makes any difference but it’s not a patch on my old coffee machine. I’ve reverted to my pod coffee machine for a strong coffee.

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer for $899.00.

DwayneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Magnifica S worked like a dream for the first 6 months

We were absolutely loving our DeLonghi Magnifica S Coffee Machine for the first 6 months.

Unfortunately the machine now only puts out a trickle of coffee and is not working very well at all.

We have always descaled our machine and have not touched any settings.

Disappointed!

Purchased in February 2021.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your response. I will try and reach out to the customer service team alternatively feel free to put them in touch.

CherylDeLonghi

Cool Cool just direct message your number if you have difficulty getting through. Cheers

walkinstead
walkinsteadAU

Our second one in 8 years

Good auto machine and use about 3/4 times daily. This is our second unit as got first one replaced during 2nd year of product care extended warranty as started mucking up and was so noisy, leaking and just stopped working. This time it has been playing up again around the same time by leaking, and sometimes the water goes elsewhere and sometimes doesn't deliver a coffee so really they only last around 4 years if use regularly. Overall not a messy machine and good for people with arthritis and good for auto machine for quick cleanup but wouldn't pay over $600 as expect it to last longer than 4 years.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $616.00.

JbW
JbWPerth, WA

ECAM Red Triangle of Doom after two and a half years

Purchased in May 2018 at Myer for $599.00.

Hummusvine
HummusvineSydney, NSW

Easy all-in-one.

Perfect all-in-one coffee machine. Easy to use! Bought it as an early Christmas present for my husband and he finds it much better than the manual coffee machine we used to have. We don't use the milk frothing function as we're straight up black coffee drinkers and it makes a wicked espresso. A little noisy when it grinds but that's any grinder I imagine

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $829.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Hummusvine, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Lynette Talty
Lynette TaltyWimmera, VIC

Disappointed

Really disappointed that our coffee is not frothing the milk anymore and the has to go to a service centre to be fixed. After paying $739 for the Magnifica s. you would be hoping that you would get more than six week before it broke down. And actually we where on holidays for two of those weeks. But that didn’t make any difference.

Purchased in March 2021 at Harvey Norman.

Problem 3 led lights on the machine

I recently got this machine. The first days it worked perfectly until the light of the descaler started to light up.
1 Beans led constant
2 Water led flickering
3 Triangle led constant

According to the instruction booklet, this was because the coffee had been ground too finely, so I cleaned the machine, the brewing head and the coffee grinder with a hoover, but nothing helped.
To get rid of the problem I tried to reset the factory settings, but unfortunately that didn't work either because I couldn't get into the program to reset the factory settings.
All in all, I now have a machine that is 4 weeks old, with which I can do nothing.
Who knows the solution?

Noise Level
Product is used Daily
Shona
Shona

Love it now that O ring is fixed!

I purchased this coffee machine 3 or 4 years ago. Initially I had issues with the O ring which would come off every time the frothing spout was removed for cleaning (and then it wouldn't froth). At $12 for a replacement from Delonghi this was an extortionate price for a tiny rubber ring. I ended up getting one for free from my local coffee machine repair man. Since then it has NEVER come off and the machine has worked perfectly these years since. I love my machine now! Just hope Delonghi has done something about the ill fitting O rings the machine comes with.

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Hi Shona,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad your machine has been working perfectly since your new o-ring! We have also taken the feedback you have given :)

Lonsdale M.
Lonsdale M.South East Queensland, QLD

Really disappointed

Purchased in December 2020.

doesthatmakesense
doesthatmakesenseMelbourne

Easy to use / hard to get coffee that's strong enough

Purchased in December 2020.

Read more reviews - page 2

ManWithAVan
ManWithAVanasked

Can you store the provided measuring spoon in the machine? This was a feature in the earlier models. It fits perfectly in the pre-ground funnel.

Melissa M.
Melissa M.asked

Why doesn't the descaling program come out of the two coffee spouts. Only the steamer. Other times it has??

Jenitu

Water comes out of all three liquid spouts on mine. I just can’t get a decent strong coffee though. Mine is watery. My friends refuse coffee. What coffee beans do you buy? Maybe I need to change mine …

Ali Casked

My Magnifica S has stopped prompting to do a descale. I've had it for around 15 months and the descale prompt has been like clockwork, every six weeks until recently, in fact I can't remember when I last did a descale. Might be a daft question but is this because it simply doesn't need a descale yet or could there be a fault? Can I do a descale without the light coming on or should I just wait until it does? It's worth mentioning that the machine is still working perfectly.

Hi Ali,
The descale alert is based on how many coffees you make and the water hardness setting you have placed the machine on. I would check that the machine is still on the correct water hardness setting and if you have been making less coffees than usual, its likely it just hasn't come up because of that. It's perfectly fine to descale when the alert has not turned on, the same process only you dont have the light glowing. The only thing to be careful of with this is not too descale too much.

Ali C

Thanks very much Cheryl, that's really helpful.

See all DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

At $779, the DeLonghi Magnifica S caters to creatures of caffeine who covet customising their coffee-making process, from start to finish.

With a 5-star rating awarded to the Magnifica S by over half of reviewers, this premium automatic coffee machine is versatile, if you can put in the time to learn how it works at its most optimal. True to the nature of automatic coffee machines, each coffee-making cycle requires the input of customised settings.

Customisation options for the DeLonghi Magnifica S:

• Choose the strength and flavour of your extraction with the choice of a pre-ground coffee option, or whole beans: a fine grind or coarse grind
  • You can make two shots of coffee in two cups, or a double shot placed into the same mug. This is great news for those who crave a no-holds-barred caffeine kick
  • Integrated steam wand lets you froth milk

Points of praise for the DeLonghi Magnifica S:

• Many reviewers appreciate that the quality of coffees exceeds cafe quality
  • Multiple reviewers stated that since this machine has so many settings, it requires a bit of research and self-education before you get the hang of it. For example, one reviewer expressed that once you ‘play around with the grind and settings,’ you can get ‘decent results.’ Reviewers recommended watching DeLonghi videos or other YouTube videos to get the hang of using this coffee machine.
  • The DeLonghi Magnifica S is much loved as a durable workhorse of the kitchen, making several coffees a day for the whole household - and still going strong after several years
CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines