5DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

4.3

Kanom
KanomMetropolitan Adelaide, SA52 posts

Coffee snob

What a beautiful appliance. Round of applause Delongi. This machine is a game changer. Fully automatic, you can select from all types of coffees eg long black, cappuccino and more. You can also select the strength of the grounds that is used to suit all types of coffee drinkers. It’s quite easy to clean as. Although the descaling process takes a while and uses a lot of water so be prepared haha. Show details
Mureed A.
Mureed A.79 posts

Delonghi shitikaa

Delonghi shitikaa

Absolute rubbish I won't buy this machine even if it's free .
These are the flaws:
1) it does not have a removable coffee ☕ hopper so you can't remove the stale coffee beans from the machine.
2) the milk frother doesn't froth all the milk in the container.
3) makes Watery coffee ☕.
4) the grind adjustment coffee dile is not efficient & is jammed it's not smooth.
5) you better off buying the delonghi cafe arte for $200 online.
6) in conclusion this machine is a lemon & literally 1 lemon is more useful.

Netti
NettiSouthwest, VIC3 posts

Amazing machine! It has changed my life for the better cannot live without this !!

Easy to use, machine talks you through every step from making great coffee to maintenance of the machine. Show details
Arthur
Arthur3 posts

David Holden
David HoldenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA19 posts

Great coffees everytime

I have had this machine for several years now and it hasnt missed a beat. There was one occassion however where some of the silver coloured plastic around the pour spouts just broke away, though this was just an aesthetics issue and Delonghi was quick to fix the issue even though it was out of warranty. Show details
Tony B.
Tony B.Illawarra, NSW

38,078 brews and going strong

De Longhi have always made good machines. This machine was well priced at the time for me and after 8 years I have just had the grinder cleaned for the 2nd time. The metre reads 38,078 and the technician said it looks good to go another 20,000. Well worth the $490 I paid 8 years ago. Not all De Longhi machines will go this far but all De Longhi machines I have had were good. The repair docket has been downloaded for proof. Show details
Robert Strohfeldr
Robert StrohfeldrSydney, NSW3 posts

Had trouble with the first machine. Given a replacement been great

Makes the best coffee of any machine home machine. Up until bought this machine, believed coffee made at home was never up to the standard of top coffee shop. Makes better coffee than any coffee shop I have visited. Can't recommend highly enough. Show details
Scott
ScottGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Weak coffee

I was given this coffee machine as a gift from my wife and was so pleased to receive it and drink quality coffee daily… however this has not happened! I have tried many top quality coffee beans hoping that was the problem but the machine is constantly providing me with weak, watery coffee. I have adjusted settings, read the manual inside our and with no avail - continual weak coffee. Disappointed in this machine unfortunately ☹️ Show details
frojer
frojerAU18 posts

Lal
LalNew South Wales4 posts

Great machine

I have this machine for 6 years and until covid-19 I have used it several times on weekends. Since covid-19, the average usage is 2-3 times a day. The machine is great for making latte and cappuccino. The coffee delivery is creamy and tasty. Pretty much as what I would get from a coffee shop. I stopped using pre-ground coffee after a few times as it is more fiddling, can only use one spoon at a time, and coffee is not as good as the beans. Also a mess if you forget to turn on the machine before filling.

The machine is still working. Show details

chris.d.martin.9250
chris.d.martin.9250Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts

Terrible service on a faulty machine

I rated this machine a 5 the first time I bought one and it lasted for five years, making lovely coffee. But, I have had a second machine for just over a year and a half and it has stopped working. I reported it to the supplier 19 days ago and have twice been told that the manufacturer would be in touch to arrange servicing. I am still waiting. I am recovering from a brain disease and am unable to drive and there is no public transport where I live. So I cannot take the machine anywhere to be repaired and I can't even drive somewhere to buy a decent cup of coffee. This is unacceptable Show details
Caroline T.
Caroline T.2 posts

Shona
Shona7 posts

Love my coffee machine

I have had this machine for 6 yrs now. Once the O ring issue was sorted it has worked perfectly and still going strong (I sourced new ones for the frothing spout that fitted better and stayed on). Love my coffee machine. Show details ·  1
Esther
Esther5 posts

Great quality

We bought ours now almost 7 years ago. I have been using it daily, multiple times a day. It still works perfectly and the result is the only coffee I like to drink black. None of the coffee shops can compete with the taste. It's endurance is remarkable.
The only issue I have, after 7 years I accidentally broke a piece of the tray and it seems to trigger the sensor to think that it's not aligned perfectly and then I have to fidget around to get it back working. I guess I have to exchange that part. Show details ·  3
Frank
FrankSydney, NSW4 posts

Tastes like dish water

No matter what I've tried over the last 5 days since purchasing this machine, I can't get a full bodied cup of espresso. Instead I get very watery instant coffee style flavour with no body, thickness and hilariously small amounts of crema. Stepped up from pods thinking this would be a good investment. Will be returning this product. And yes, tried adjusting grind and dosage etc, just makes it stronger dish washing liquid. Nespresso pods were 100 times better. Show details
DeLonghi   DM

Hi there, We're sorry to hear about this and have reached out via DM to provide further assistance. Thanks, De'Longhi

Frequently Asked Questions about DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

How do I do a factory reset?

To reset the machine to the factory settings, hold down the power and single espresso buttons, and then turn the power on from the rear of the machine.

The water light keeps flashing to indicate that there isn’t enough water in the tank, but the water jug is filled. What should I do?

Make sure that when you insert the filled water tank, you’re pushing it as far as it can go, until it clicks into place.

The recommended descaling period is every 3 months, but my machine indicates that I need to descale every 2-3 weeks. What should I do?

Try testing your water hardness. The machine will automatically be set to the highest water hardness. Use the litmus test in the manual to test your water on, and then change the machine settings to match the level that comes up on the test. How often your machine indicates that it needs to be descaled will be adjusted to suit this level.

The descaling light continues to flash after descaling has been completed. What should I do?

This usually means that the descaling process wasn’t recognised by your machine. If you’ve already descaled your machine and the light is still flashing, try the following steps:

1. Ensure the water tank has at least 2 inches of water.
  2. Press and hold the descale button for 5 seconds. The coffee lights should start to flash, and your machine will now be in descale mode.
  3. Place a jug underneath the steam valve and fully open the steam valve. The coffee machine should stop when the tank is empty.
  4. Close the steam valve.
  5. Remove the water tank and add at least 2 inches of water. Insert it back into the machine.
  6. Open the steam valve fully again. The water should run straight through the machine without stopping.
  7. Once the tank is empty, close the steam valve. The machine will turn itself off.
  8. Refill the water tank and turn the machine back on. The descaling light should now be off.

My coffee is too weak for my liking. What should I do?

There are several factors that can affect the taste of your coffee. Try the following suggestions:

• Try using less water - 30 to 40ml of liquid for a single shot is recommended. If you’re using a larger cup, try using 2 shots of espresso.
  • Try decreasing the grind one notch at a time, as the grind may be too coarse.
  • Try using an espresso coffee. The origin and blend (robusta or arabica) as well as the darkness of the roast will affect the strength of your coffee.
  • Turn the coffee taste selection dial clockwise to increase the quantity of coffee beans the machine will grind, as this will also increase the strength of the coffee. Turning it to MAX will give you an extra strong coffee.

Latest Consumer Questions

Ralph
Ralph

Hello, we have the Delonghi Magnifica model machine. Our machine just started making one shot of expresso after we push the 2 shot button. Only one puck of coffee drops in the puck container. Any advice on how to fix it?

Joanna P.
Joanna P.

I have had my Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB coffee machine for 3 years and have had no problems at all with it, (one of the best coffee machines I've ever had). However, in the last couple of weeks it has started to make a very loud clunking noise when its turned on just as it heats up & also just after it has ground the coffee beans. I descale the machine at least once a month & follow the cleaning instructions in the manual. Wondering if anyone would know the reason why it would be making the very loud clunking noise?

Natalie Ó.
Natalie Ó.

We have a Magnifica S and since last month the coffee grinds but then only the odd time runs into cup.
Milk frother also working.
Most times water runs straight to drip tray and dry ground coffee into container

DeLonghi   DM

The DeLonghi Magnifica S caters to creatures of caffeine who covet customising their coffee-making process, from start to finish.

With a 5-star rating awarded to the Magnifica S by over half of reviewers, this premium automatic coffee machine is versatile, if you can put in the time to learn how it works at its most optimal. True to the nature of automatic coffee machines, each coffee-making cycle requires the input of customised settings.

Customisation options for the DeLonghi Magnifica S:

• Choose the strength and flavour of your extraction with the choice of a pre-ground coffee option, or whole beans: a fine grind or coarse grind
  • You can make two shots of coffee in two cups, or a double shot placed into the same mug. This is great news for those who crave a no-holds-barred caffeine kick
  • Integrated steam wand lets you froth milk

Points of praise for the DeLonghi Magnifica S:

• Many reviewers appreciate that the quality of coffees exceeds cafe quality
  • Multiple reviewers stated that since this machine has so many settings, it requires a bit of research and self-education before you get the hang of it. For example, one reviewer expressed that once you ‘play around with the grind and settings,’ you can get ‘decent results.’ Reviewers recommended watching DeLonghi videos or other YouTube videos to get the hang of using this coffee machine.
  • The DeLonghi Magnifica S is much loved as a durable workhorse of the kitchen, making several coffees a day for the whole household - and still going strong after several years
CategoryFully Automatic Coffee Machines