MPN: 35904036

Look for something else...

I started off really liking this machine, fast forward 4 weeks, now nothing but issues.

Firstly, the coffee isn’t hot enough, rather disappointing, if you add milk be prepared to need to microwave it. Now sometimes after making only one coffee it tells me I need to empty the grounds container, and when making 2 or more coffees is annoying since it should easily be able to hold 10 or more used grounds.

Contacted De Longhi, the customer service rep was so rude and arrogant I ended up hanging up on her because she said I needed to clean it (vacuum apparently), after explaining the thing had only made a few coffees (don’t drink coffee everyday), her tune didn’t change, there should be no reason to be cleaning it after making a dozen coffees. Immediately dismissing it and saying someone else had the same issue.

Seriously hoping to get a refund so I can buy a different model.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $627.00.

Consistency
Product is used: Several times a week

We love this Machine

We had several coffee machines (the more expensive ones were Saeco fully automatic, and Nespresso) but none of them were as good as this one. We love our coffee machine.

Purchased in May 2017.

Product is used: Daily

Love it, perfect coffee maker

I am a heavy coffee user and this is the best coffee machine I have ever tried. The only problem is the regular cleaning method which is quite expensive. However it is still worth the perfect coffee.

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Happy with machine

Convenient, brews a consistent coffee. Temperature was initially not hot enough. Adjusted settings to be hotter and also pre-warming the cup (collect and empty the cleaning the water) helps. Had some issues with burnt coffee however repair dealt with this promply

Purchased in June 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Great coffee! Great Machine!

I use this coffee machine every day. Easy to use always consistent, it takes about one minute to make a cup coffee. The
frother tube is easy to use with creamy froth that lasts like a barista quality. It has an integrated coffee grinding machine so you have freshly ground beans for each cup made. I love it!

Purchased in February 2018 at Cash Converters Physical Shop for $200.00.

Product is used: Daily

this is a brilliant machine when it works.

Unfortunately I have bought 2 in the last 3 years from Currys spending over £700. The first one went wrong after 6 months , it was repaired under warranty. Unfortunately it broke down completely just out of warranty. De long said they would look at it at an exorbitant cost so we thought we would cut our losses and buy a new one. We purchased another one on 29.11.2019 again from Curry and this one when wrong after 12 weeks. Curry have been very unhelpful, have refused to refund me insisting on sending the machine to de long for repair. So having spent £700 in just over 2 years I am still without a coffee machine. If I am lucky enough to get a refund I will be purchasing a different brand.

Purchased in November 2018.

Yes to coffee at home!

This does the lot, grinds, brews and froths. Super easy to use with excellent results every time. Easy to clean, never had any problems with ours. Allows for tall glasses. Great coffee!

Purchased in April 2013 at The Good Guys.

Love Delonghi

We’ve had this machine for a little while now after our previous DeLonghi stopped working (we’d had that for 9 years and had well and truely given it a run for its money). This machine has now had about 12 months use so I am happy to review it given we have now been using it for a while.

Our previous machine was a bit bigger and had the milk container attachment and I really thought I would miss that with this model, but I actually haven’t missed it at all. It has actually been a lot easier not having to worry about putting the milk container in the fridge when not in use, or having to clean the milk hose lines.

It’s quick and easy to use. The grind size is very easy to manipulate and there are several one press options for how you want your coffee to come out - coffee shot, double shot, “regular”, making 2 coffees at once. The only thing I have recently noticed though is that the “empty grounds” light comes on fairly regularly even when there aren’t many grounds in the catcher so I think we may have an imbalance in the internal scale which indicates that the grounds catcher is full ? I haven’t explored this further though as it’s easily fixed by emptying the grounds containers regardless of what little is in there, and emptying the overflow tray.

The other minor thing is that the water tank is a little small but the I guess that’s part of the reason the machine is compact and you can’t really have it both ways. The bean compartment though is surprisingly large so you don’t need to top up for a while.

Coffee from an automated machine can be as perfect as a manual coffee maker; you’ve just got to use a decent coffee bean ideally direct from a roaster and not just the stuff you pick up off the shelf from the grocery store.

This machine is the most compact bean grinding automated machine on the market at the moment. I’ve had friends purchase the same one after using mine. You really can’t go past a Delonghi for automated coffee.

Convenient, reasonable coffee

I used to think this was brilliant, and it's still good. A Friend recently bought a Breville Barista Express, and using the same beans, water volume and grind weight/texture, the DeLonghi isn't a patch on it for actual coffee flavour. It's very convenient though. The frother is rubbish, I bought a separate Caffitaly frother from Woolworths which is perfect.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good, but ain't what it used to be

We used to own a DeLonghi ECAM 23.210, which lasted for years and worked really well. So when it broke down, we naturally bought the equivalent new model, the Magnifica ECAM 22.110. It produces good coffee, but it's not as well put together. The cappuccino steam maker tube doesn't fit properly onto the nozzle. It's difficult enough fitting it on, but pulling it off is a real struggle. The little red light flashes constantly telling me I need to descale the machine, even straight after I've descaled it. So now I just estimate when I need to descale again. Some of the other components, like the drip tray, are flimsier than they used to be.

One big positive is the service team in North Melbourne. Shortly after we bought the new machine we damaged a component through our own stupidity. The service team knew it was our fault (I told them), but they fixed it for free without a murmur. So 5 stars for service. My overall rating is 4 stars, because the machine is not as good as it should be.

Great

I am very satisfied with this coffee machine because it's easy to use especially to load it it has a beam tray in the top which is very simple to open you can still almost 300 g of beans in the top and on the side has a water bottle / container which is also very easy to slide out and clean. This machine is super easy to use and is digital with touch buttons and allows you to simply choose the strength of your coffee and also the amount of water to use such as a tall black or short black. It also has an automatic frother which is very easy to use however requires a small amount of technique so I would suggest going on to YouTube and watching a video to become better at frothing the milk this machine seriously makes coffee just as machines in the store and has saved me a lot of money as I don't buy as many coffees out now and I am a little bit more critical I know a good coffee should be I love it I love it bye one bye one

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best coffee machine!

I literally use this coffee machine EVERY DAY! Easy to use... Great crema... always consistent...it takes about one minute to make any type of coffee. Froth is creamy and lasts like a professional coffee machine. It has an integrated coffee grinding machine so you have freshly ground beans for each cup made. Love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

This machine is the exact opposite of the name

De Longhi should be charged under the Trades Description Act. The coffee produced was at best warm and even worse when I found out that you cannot use full cream milk for cappuccino. The machine failed after 5 months and De Longhi would not honour the warranty as it was purchased overseas, despite the fact they are all made in the same place. Their local agent Germon refuse to repair any coffee machines despite the fact I was referred to then from De Longhi. If you want average performance with no service back up go ahead and buy one at your own risk.
I would give it no stars, but I can't

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Easy to use and makes good coffee!

Purchased this machine after our pod machine died. So far we are very happy with it. Wish we had bought it sooner rather than waiting for the pod machine to die!

It makes much better coffee than our pod machine (which was admittedly just a basic MAP/Caffitaly machine).

We decided to go for an automatic machine over another pod machine as, although the initial cost is higher, the running costs are a lot lower. e.g cost of coffee for our Caffitaly pod machine worked out to be approximately $50 per kilo versus less than $20 per kilo when buying beans for the Delonghi. Based on the amount of coffee we drink, I worked out we would be ahead after 18 months with this machine versus another cheap pod machine.
There is also the issue of waste. A pod machine generates a huge amount of waste plastic which can't be recycled. The only waste from this machine is the used coffee grounds (which are biodegradable).

We got our machine directly from Delonghi as a factory second (with 1 year warranty instead of 2). It was indistinguishable from a new machine and still had all the factory seals etc.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love It!

one of the best thing of this is that it is so simple to use! Setting up the coffee strength was a little challenging, it’s trial and error, but it's ok. Machine works great, automatically requests cleaning and descaling and coffee is good. Staff were ever so helpful in showing us how to use this product. The size is also perfect although the water container cannot make that much coffee.

Nice xuanz

The taste of the coffee produced by this coffee machine is really very good, the appearance of the machine looks very beautiful and the key is that this coffee machine is very easy to clean, which is really a big part of the time for us.
The quality of the brewed coffee is consistent.
The temperature is also very easy to control, and it is very portable. It is quite satisfactory for this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

Are quite like, this coffee machine shape is very small and lightweight, this glass pot can be three cups of coffee, the amount of coffee powder suggested in fine powder, do not use very fine powder, otherwise there will be a small amount of residue flow into the pot. The power supply is connected to the hot water speed is very fast, operation time of the movement is not big. Do not open the lid immediately after each cooking, hot air is hot, and so on cooling & then open, overall very convenient, like.

best latte,expresso

We use it every day and have absolutely no mechanical problems. I was hesitant to buy such an expensive "coffee pot," but I listed it on my wish list. After reading the comments, we chose the tasteless or non-greasy beans that we could buy in bulk at local stores. I don't go to starbucks very often anymore - I can make better coffee at home!

DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

I am satisfied with the quality of the coffee produced by this machine and the taste is General. But it is very convenient to use
the machine produces a different quality of coffee, sometimes good taste, sometimes the taste is not very good.
The coffee temperature of this machine is generally satisfactory, and the coffee temperature cannot be kept consistent with each Production.

Magic products

1. I am quite satisfied with the quality of the coffee produced by this machine, which is a little bit worse in terms of taste.
2. The quality of the coffee produced by this machine is consistent and there is no significant difference.
3. I am satisfied with the coffee temperature of the machine, which produces the same temperature every time, no different from the coffee shop.

Date PurchasedMar 2018