DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

ECAM650.55.MS, ECAM650.85.MS and ECAM650.75.MS

I adore this coffee machine!

I have to say that I’ve owned this coffee machine for a year and I don’t know how I’ve ever lived without it!. Love having fresh ground coffee everyday and the best thing about it is not having to worry about cleaning it every time you use it. It has a reminder to let you know if the water needs refilling or the used coffee needs to be tipped out. It’s so easy to use!.
You won’t regret this purchase!

Purchased in July 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Stop buying coffee outside, make it at home!

I purchased this ECAM65055MS two weeks ago from appliances online, and I have been using it for 2 weeks. Yesterday, the professional elite came to my house to teach me how to use every single function, she helped to set up the most suitable temperature and the best taste for me and my husband, and showed me how to add our personalized drinks within our iPhone app. Learnt a lot from her, and I have to say delonghi is the best coffee machine which can make the best coffee. Definetly better than the one from my office and all café around my spot. 100% recommend it to everyone, very easy to use and maintain.

Purchased in April 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,900.00.

GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B

Fantastic Coffee Machine

Purchased the Prima Donna Elite 650.55ms about 2 weeks ago and after having the Elite in home experience with a qualified Delonghi employee we are enjoying fantastic coffee everytime. The consistency of the coffee is great along with the temperature (we have our machine set to Max) and i have found this is perfect for us. Very easy to clean and maintain and very easy to use. Love the personalised profiles, this allows us to modify the coffee to suit our own tastes. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,750.00.

Product is used: Daily

I am obsessed with my PrimaDonna Elite Experience!

I was given the De’Longhi PrimaDonna Elite Experience as a gift. I was hesitant to use it because I thought I would have the same experience as I have previously had with other branded machines (inconsistent taste, hard to use and difficult to clean). However to my surprise, I was proven wrong! I received the Elite Experience service to help get me started, in which the demonstrator showed me how easy it is to make various types of coffee and how simple it is to clean. The coffee comes out perfect every single time. I cannot recommend this machine highly enough – I love it! :)

Purchased in October 2018.

great machine

makes great coffee , depending on grade o beans you buy from shop.quality is consistent as it is a fully automated machine, but need to first program it to work good. otherwise very happy with product.

Purchased in March 2019.

Product is used: Daily

This machine makes beautiful coffee.

The machine makes beautiful coffee, I love how easy it is to use and how easy it is to clean. The individual user function is a great feature to the machine if you have multiple coffee drinkers in the same house, it makes it easy to make coffees for other members of the family without having to remember. I am 100% happy with this machine.

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Very Happy BUT Coffee Could Be Hotter!

We have had our Prima Elite Coffee Machine now for 3 months. Just had the in home consultant come and show me a few extras things on my phone regarding how to set our coffees the way we like, that I didn't realize which was great. This machine makes a fantastic coffee and we are still adjusting it to each of our liking's but the only disappointment I have it that the coffee is not as HOT as we like our coffee even though I put boiling water into the glasses prior for 5 minutes or so. Other than that, we love the machine, it's so easy to use and clean. Would highly recommend the machine.

Purchased in December 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store.

Great coffee machine

This is a great coffee machine, it can be fully automatic if that is what you want, or you can customize your coffee preferences. Very easy to use and it makes great coffee. Best thing is that the coffee is NICE & HOT too. Fully recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,990.00.

Product is used: Daily

A Good Coffee Machine let down by poor user manual!

This machine makes great coffee - if it is set up correctly!
If you live in a major city (and Newcastle is not rated as a major city in Australia) part of the purchase price is an in home demonstration and a professional setting up session. You need this because the instruction manual is pathetic! We live out of the "set-up area". I rang DeLonghi to let them know I was very disappointed with the machine (I've owned DeLonghi machines for 12 years). DeLonghi did end up agreeing to arrange an in home set up for us. It made all the difference. The fineness of the coffee grinder is absolutely crucial and ours came out of the box way off optimal grind. We now love our coffee, it's nice and hot and perfectly strong for us. We love the personalised settings you can make for your favourite coffee.

There are several things DeLonghi have not got right with this, very expensive, auto coffee machine.
1) There is no explanation in the user manual what all the different types of beverages are (Long, Coffee, Cappuccino+.....) there is also no explanation what the default strengths, lengths and heat settings are used for each beverage. All this information should be on a sheet that can be kept near the machine for easy reference. It would save so much frustration for the household and their guests!!!!!!
2) The milk jug is now square - did they investigate how hard it is to clean milk out of all those corners they have designed? The old round jugs were much easier to clean. Also the dial for selecting milk frothing is so delicate you can't see the settings when there is condensation on the lid (ie every time you take it out of the fridge). The lid just rests on the jug (not clipped in) so it is easily dislodged in the fridge and spilt. The spouts also drips after cleaning.
3) The Grounds container requires emptying after a set number of coffees. There is no sensor to let you know when it's full. This means you can't pre-empty the container to be organised for making a number of coffees without interruption when you have visitors.

Well this is a long review..... it's an expensive machine. Once it is set up properly It makes great coffee, but I expected better. I've written to DeLonghi with my complaints/suggestions and they haven't responded since 29 January 2019.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,840.00.

Product is used: Daily

The first thing I do every morning is press the button

Everyone who tastes the coffee likes it a lot. The range of coffee types and the personal preferences you can set is amazing. Each person in the house can set their own personal preferences. This means that you can be sure that every cup is consistently perfect for you. We have the temperature set to the hottest setting and provided you don't let it sit for more than a minute or so, the temperature is great. We have also found that using double-wall glass cups make a big difference to both the initial temperature and the heat retention.
Great machine and strongly recommended

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,800.00.

Product is used: Daily

Does not make hot coffee nothing but trouble

I purchased this thinking it would make my life easier with a touch of a button. It does not make hot coffee coffee is lukewarm even on the maximum heat button you need to put it in the microwave for a further 10 seconds to have it at a reasonable temperature. Mine has just come out of the two year mfr warranty and luckily with Harvey Norman I am into my extended warranty and the machine has just been taken away for about the fourth time because I’ve been away on holidays for two weeks and come back and it won’t start. Do not buy this machine because you will have nothing but trouble. when you spend a few thousand dollars on a coffee machine you do not expect to have a mountain of trouble with it. I am a coffee connoisseur and like I reasonably hot coffee and good quality. I maintain my machine when it’s due for a water filter it gets changed right away when it needs to scaling it will tell you it’s always to scales on time so this machine is well-maintained but it just doesn’t meet any particular standards whatsoever. Thanks DeLonghi but I will not be buying another DeLonghi brand coffee machine ever oh it takes 40 minutes to descale its never ending.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Cafe Quality at Home

Bought to replace an Eletta that had served us well for 4 years. Waiting on in home demo to allow us to personalise but have used manually. Have also played with the app and made coffee from my phone which was a spinner. If this is as good as it's predecessor then I'm going to be very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Bought this as a gift in September 2018, started using it in late Oct when my kitchen was completed, the milk was always very slow coming through and now has completely stopped. Purchased online with debenhams, after service appalling both with debenhams themselves and Delonghi. Various emails ignored, various promises of returned calls, still waiting, Sending item back if they ever answer me and ill buy a different brand elsewhere.

Would NEVER buy from either again.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

DiLonghi PrimmaDonna Class is Simply Fantastic!

I use fresh coffee beans within the 60 day use by date, so I'm giving the coffee machine the best chance of producing a good cuppa. And it never fails to make wonderful coffee every time. I prefer my very strong double shot, but my husband prefers a very light single. Because you can program your personal preferences against your name, it's perfect every time with just a press of a button. And of course in addition, it lets you choose any settings your guests prefer from short blacks, through long blacks, cappaccino's and latte's at any strength. Size is no problem either; it will fill cups to mugs to large ice-coffee glasses. Soooo Fantastic!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Perfect finishing touch for our new kitchen

We bought this machine after we remodeled our kitchen. The modern design suits perfectly! The machine itself is so easy to use, perfect for busy mornings when you need a great cup of coffee. Personalised settings available if your tastes vary from others at home. So simple! An amazing coffee with a touch of a button!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

The best 3330 coffees we ever had

I bought this machine in March 2014. We had a few difficulties with temperature of the milk but after ringing the DeLonghi centre we were sent a couple of grommet-like things which were supposed to fix it up, and they did. You have to fiddle with the settings a little in order to get things just how you like them, and since then we've made 3330 coffees - I never have coffee out anymore - other coffees just don't measure up. Every coffee was perfect and this machine was making coffees every day.

I loved the statistics feature on this machine. It tells you the number of coffees delivered, how many litres of water it used, .... so it was easy to work out how much money I saved over the 4 and 3/4 years.

From the 4th year it started to make the occasional clunky noise, and then occasionally a message would say that there was a faulty circuit, but it always recovered ... but today it stopped working completely. It's a sad day.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Coffee machine

Makes a great coffee provided you use good beans you can alter all functions to suit your preferences.
The milk is not exactly hot.
The descale takes quite a bit of time.
I tired to use pre ground beans and it completely clogged and wouldn’t operate but since only buying full beans I have had no issues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best Delonghi machine ever

This machine has the wow factor this is my 4th Delonghi machine still have 2 of the 6600 Premadonna machines.
1 in the caravan 1 for a spare.
But this makes the perfect coffee temperature perfect and still has 2 higher settings and the cream from the beans is to die for the 19bar pump extracts the most out of the beans the iphone app is brilliant works everytime also the foam for cappuccino is brilliant even from normal milk 10 out of 10 everytime the 6600 model is around a 6 compared :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Simply the best Coffee machine on the market.

The coffee produced is the best I've had in a long time. The coffee itself is ground to a perfect grind and has a perfect cream. The temperature is pretty good as well.. I do love the hot chocolate function. It's the right amount of froth to milk. Being able to create coffees from an app on my phone is unbelievably easy as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

This coffee maker is the best machine I have ever bought

This coffee maker is the best machine I have ever bought. With its multi-options, you can brew a whole pot or a single cup. Comes with permanent filters. Out of k-cups? Use the other permanent filter found in the base cup holder and get your single cup using grounds of your favorite coffee grounds. I have not made a full pot yet because the single cup side brews very fast. If I want another cup, it's easy and fast enough to just make another single cup. So no coffee is wasted. My sister saw it so she ordered one for herself.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Feeling the temperature of the coffee is Luke warm, have the machine on high and setting in app for a coffee on max. But its more the milk, can anything else be done to machine to make coffee hotter?
I feel the same too, maybe leave the milk out of the fridge (the container is insulated for 3 hours, that might help, I'm going to try this myself, also put a rinse cycle through before making your first coffee.Thanks for that feedback Erinc. It worked a treat leaving the milk out of the fridge for a bit before making a coffee. I probably only left it out for just over an hour and it made fantastic coffees for the family gathering. What I also do is just heat a mug of milk for 30secs in the microwave for coffees of a morning for my husband and i to take that chill off the milk. Works very well.Hi Kim, We're pleased to hear you've resolved your issue. If you're after a hotter cup of coffee you can also heat your cup on the warming plate on top of the machine. To turn on this function you'll need to go into the settings. Please see the manual for step-by-step instructions: https://www.delonghi.com/Global/InstructionManuals/EN/EN-DeLonghi-ECAM650.85.MS-InstructionManual.pdf Please let us know if you have any more questions. Kind Regards, De'Longhi Australia

Why does the milk in the dispenser go off long before the milk in it's original container??
Hi Richard Not sure mine never did but I didnt keep it longer than 3 days without changing it. Make sure you put it in the fridge soon after I was very disappointed with this machine coffee was never hot it broke down after we went on holidays for 2 weeks and wouldnt turn on. Had lots of problems with it. Ive upgraded to the Breville One Touch Oracle this is a supurb machine even have someone come to show you how to use it. Makes hot coffee everytime to the temp you want. Have a google at this one. CiauNo great mystery. You've exposed it to the air when you poured it into the container. If you poured into any other container the same thing would happen.

What is the tallest cup seize that you can use. Will it fit a 16cm mug.
Found it on the harvey norman site, Dispensing level minimum/maximun: 90/142 mmNo wont take thst size to about 12 dont buy it its crap look at the breville one touch which i bought its excellent and makes a hot coffeeWow, that is a BIG mug. My measurements show that the distance from the base to the back of the spout assembly at its highest is just over 160 mm. However, this would mean the spouts will end up under the surface of the coffee when the mug is full. Not a good idea. The other issue is the milk spout. This spout is also just over 160 mm, but I am not sure that it will work correctly because it also points down into the coffee. While it may be possible to use a 160 mm mug, I doubt it will be totally successful. Hope this helps and good luck.

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.55.MSPrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.85.MSPrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.75.MS
Price (RRP) $2,299.00$2,999.00$3,599.00
Dimensions 260 x 470 x 375 mm260 x 480 x 375 mm260 x 470 x 375 mm
Weight12.5 kg
Coffee Bean Capacity400 g400 g400 g
Milk FrotherIntegratedIntegratedIntegrated
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual