DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

john smith

john smith

Ok luke warm coffee if it works

Had this POS for the past 2 years now. We get continuous errors with "water circuit empty". Took it to a service center and after two weeks they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They had no idea and neither did Delonghi. Now the machine is making all sorts of strange sounds, seems like the pump for the milk is cactus or on it's way out. Problems started whilst this was under warranty within first year.
When this did work it was ok, if you like luke warm milk. If you want hot coffee look elsewhere.
Does anyone want this for parts?

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,900.00.

annaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Christmas present

Best Christmas present
5,000 coffees, still going strong and yet to have a problem.
Any questions, the 1800 number has trouble shooters waiting to help and get this any replacement parts are free!
I just had it serviced by Bravo in St Peters and walked away with their custom blend beans, cleaning products and so thrilled with their service too
I own a venue with dozens of appliances both domestic and commercial and this machine is by far my most favourite
Thank you DeLonghi for your outstanding dedication to great products, great service and great suppliers
One very happy customer xoxo Ho, Ho , Ho

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad you are loving your machine and that we could provide a great experience! :)

anna

We are all great at being critical and rarely comment when someone is doing an outstanding job. You have my loyalty and those that visit our venue

AndreaSydney, NSW

GREAT WHEN IT WORKS

Have had issues with this machine about to go into service for the 2nd time, not even 2 years old, disappointing, milk jug replacement and seals in first 7 months, then 1st service before 12 months,and now again, noise when frothing milk. Don’t know if i would purchase a Delonghi again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Product is usedDaily
DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Andrea, unfortunately the team managing this platform is unable to help with this, the best people to talk to would be our customer service team, you can give them a ring directly on 1800 126 659 :)

Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650 compares to other Fully Automatic Coffee Machines

Happy Coffee Drinker

Happy Coffee DrinkerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything we ever wanted and more

Just love the way you can customise the coffee and create a profile name. You can adjust the temperature to create hot coffee or just how you like it. Saving your own personal settings is just perfect. I have to say having done so much research before buying this machine, we are not disappointed. Awesome!

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Hi Happy Coffee Drinker,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!
We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Sophie

SophieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Small machine but makes excellent coffee!

I highly recommend DeLonghi for their excellent products and after sales service. This is my first review about a product - I decided to do one because I've been so impressed with this coffee machine because it does not take up a lot of bench space, I've had it for over 3 years and it still continues to make excellent coffee. Also, customer service from DeLonghi is very impressive. I dealt with Agnes, and she promptly sorted out an issue I had in a friendly and professional manner.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Sophie, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine and so happy we were able to help you! :)

JackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great coffee - must be calibrated though - Milk not hot enough

Purchased in February 2017.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jack, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are really glad you are loving your machine and your advise on getting a good coffee and adjusting the settings are great! :)

Shortysgirl

ShortysgirlYackandandah, Victoria

No coffee shops open perfect answer

I bought this machine in June 2020, although we both feel coffee could be hotter (nothing 20 secs in microwave cant fix) it is easy to use with great menu options. As long as you do water test first, and in most places in Aus lowest setting for water hardness works, does not need descaling that often. Great easy to use and clean machine.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,600.00.

Haps Basset

Haps BassetMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor design

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones for $2,000.00.

IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

milk frothing

After two years , my coffee was being made without much froth. I use descaler and milk clean. One of these reply’s Delonghi suggested cleaning the groove in the knob of the frother. I cleaned it with a tooth pic and it works like new again. Prompt reply and help from Delonghi.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,900.00.

Ian

I done to what you suggested and it’s now frothing like new. Thank you

DelonghiDeLonghi

We are so glad! Let us know if you have any other questions we could help you with :)

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Masterclass

Purchased in July 2020 at Domayne QLD, Bundall.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience, and that everyone involved gave you such amazing help! :)

MPMP

MPMPSydney, NSW

Great machine but luke warm coffee

The machine is easy to use and looks so impressive. The only thing I can fault is the temperature is not hot enough. I have put it onto the hottest option and tried to heat up cups etc, but still not enough. It is still luke warm.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $2,400.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi MPMP, we are really glad you're loving your machine! If you direct message us with your best contact, we can help you increase the coffee temperature for your machine :)

Emelda

EmeldaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Big Thankyou to Harvey Norman Noarlunga SA & Eddie from Delonghi

Loving my new machine, I upgraded from a pod machine and absolutely love it! Love the wifi and the programming and how I can make a coffee from an app on my phone.
Eddie from Delongi who came out and gave me an amazing Demo was fabulous, full of energy and such an amazing representative of the brand. Loving my new Delongi and can't imagine life without it.

Purchased in February 2020.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Thank you for your review Sezzie!

MilneePerth, WA

Superb

Had a Delonghi fully automatic machine for 12 years prior to this new unit. Sadly, it died which is understandable after the use it had.
With this new one, everything from the design & finish, to the easy operation makes this machine awesome.
Once set up via the phone app, it is easy to use. Basically tells you what to do after use.
Many coffee options & the coffee is always hot.
Highly recommend this unit. Thank you Delonghi

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Thank you for your review Milnee, we appreciate the time it took to write this :)

All good thanks

Jacky

JackyCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Love this machine !

This is my second Delonghi , had the previous one for 13 years , and this one is proving to be just as fabulous. Very happy with the consistent quality, and quantity of coffee. Love the fact we can setup our coffee profiles from the app, which has increased the temp of the coffee and produced the exact amount of coffee and milk for each of us at home. . Easy to clean, and better design features than my previous one, including easier emptying of the grounds.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Danny.i

Danny.iSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fantastic machine

I loved the quality and the amount of froth.
It is very consistent.
The one thing was that the temperature could be hotter.
I also loved how simple it was to choose which style of coffee you wanted, The touch screen was great. Just like using an android mobile.

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

CherylDeLonghi

Simply Sensational..!!

I'm so happy with my purchase. I've had other coffee machines but this is the cream of the crop. Simple to use and the most delicious coffee. Total barista style coffee in my own home. Loads of different options and I love the way you can set the different ways each person likes their coffees to be made. The machine itself is aesthetically pleasing as well. It's the first thing my friends comment on as they enter the kitchen. The in home Delonghi Elite Experience was fantastic. Joe showed me how to get the most out of my machine and how the different settings changes your coffee. He was so informative yet it was simple and not overwhelming. Thanks a million!

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online.

Rhonda

RhondaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Top Grade coffee Machine

I have owned a Cafe many years ago and this is the closest machine I have found that nearly makes coffee as good as a cafe Industrial machine so much so I am thinking about selling my Rancilio which is a cafe one I use at home.i only bought this one for my caravan but is so good and easy to use.
Im now using as my main machine and worked out if my husband and myself Bought one coffee a day at $5.00 in one year would of well and truly paid for itself. I know I have only had a week and 1/2 but lov it.if there is anything negative abt this machine is that the water doesnt really get hot enough for the tea programme but in saying that its a coffee machine not tea

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,450.00.

mike s.

What a piece of rubbish!

Brought it and had it in the box for about 8 days. Set it up and worked well for a week then an error came up saying it needed cleaning (only had 7 cups of coffee out of it) cleaned it error remained, rang the customer service line only to be advised "don't know nothing about this machine" after 40 minutes on the phone and explaining wherein the manual the error message and supposed solution was I gave up and told the customer service man I'd be returning it to which he advised you can't replace it, it has to be fixed by us. Delongi quality and customer service NON EXISTENT!!!!

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,600.00.

mike s.

Still no response from Delongi even more disappointing.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

GAME CHANGER!

The Delonghi PrimaDonna Elite Experience has been an absolute game changer in my household. As a family that previously purchased takeaway coffee every day, this machine, and its barista quality coffees, has literally changed our routine as we now all happily make our own at home every day. The machine is fully automatic, meaning you can select your beverage style of choice and have a cafe style coffee in less than a couple of minutes. It looks sleek and makes amazing coffee, and it is also super easy to clean, making it both cost and time effective. A true kitchen ESSENTIAL for any coffee lover!

Purchased in July 2019.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Thanks for your review! This is great :)

bettina

bettina

Never buying takeaway coffee again!

I have owned three coffee machines and this is by far the best! Love how easy it is to customise for each family member, and order from my the app while Im working. Easy to clean and follow prompts. Perfectly made coffee every time. I would highly recommend

Purchased in June 2019 at De’longhi .

Kenwood t.DeLonghi

Thanks for your review, Bettina! We're so glad to hear your PrimaDonna Elite Experience is treating you so well. Best, De'Longhi

Reamonn Ticknerasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

My PrimaDonna Elite, has a problem with the position of the brew cartridge at the end of the cycle, it finishes up in a vertical position under the grinds shute instead of in the diagonal position that enables it to be removed for cleaning. I finally got the cartridge out by pulling the power when it was in the diagonal position but it was a difficult job. Do I need to get this looked at or can the cycle be reset somehow?

Hi Reamonn,
When the machine is on the brewing unit will be at an upright position ready to make a coffee.
To get it into the diagonal position you will need to turn the machine off at the power button on the top and let the machine go through the whole rinse cycle. If the machine is turned off at the back or power outlet then the brewing unit will stay at an upright position, same if the machine hasn't gone through the full rinse cycle.

Reamonn Tickner

Thank you so much, I did this and all is well. I suspect that I turned the power off at the wall socket before the machine had finished its shutdown cycle. I am sorry to have bothered you!

Antonio

Antonioasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

How to see how many coffees you made

Hi Antonio,
You will need to go into the settings and scroll through the pages till you come to Statistic, were you will find how many black coffees, how many white coffees etc etc

Davidaw

Davidawasked

PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

I bought the DeLonghi BellaDonna elits on the 2nd January this year. Our water hardness is set to 1 as per the test result. It asked us to descale, so we did and now the milk frother is not sucking any milk up. We followed the service advice (Phoned customer service) and it is not fixed.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Davidaw, what did the customer service team advice you should do?

Noura H.
Noura H.

I have the same issue after every descale, the nozzle that u attach the milk carafe to is somehow blocked after the descale so i attach the water spout to the nozzle and deliver some steam till I fix the problem.
I also put water in the milk carafe and try it till it works properly
It takes a couple of days to fix it but it works
BTW I find customers complaining about this problem on each Delonghi group but they never tell u what to do

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

With advanced features such a touch screen and the ability to save your drink orders, the DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite is a time-efficient automatic coffee machine that’s top of its class.

Features:

When you’re paying for the DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite, you’re mainly paying for the wide range of customised settings it offers.

• Choose your coffee aroma level (6 levels), your preferred coffee quantity, and favourite type of drink. You can save your preferences after entering your name, which the machine ‘remembers.’ For example, here is a coffee order that the PrimaDonna Elite can save: ‘John: cappuccino mix, large size and strong aroma.’
  • Choose how fine or coarse you’d like your beans, with programmable settings from 1, 3, 5 to 7
  • Double shot function is suitable for making two cups of coffee at the same time, or a double shot of espresso in one glass
  • Equipped with an exclusive chocolate function with a dedicated jug, which lets you make milk-only drinks for the kids, too
  • A large interactive touch screen display lets you choose what kind of drink you’d like
  • Integrated milk frother sits inside a clear milk carafe, letting you see how much milk is available.
  • Milk carafe is designed with an auto-cleaning function
  • Smartphone app available lets you select and change your coffee preferences, and connects with the machine, so you can request a coffee before you walk in the door. It will start grinding your beans pronto.

Please note that the difference between the $ 2, 499 650.55.MS model and the $3, 199 650.75.MS is that the more expensive machine features a 4.3-inch TFT colour touch display, compared to the 55's 3.5-inch display.

Compare all 3 DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.75.MS
  • Discontinued

DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650.75.MS

3.8
CategoryFully Automatic Coffee MachinesFully Automatic Coffee MachinesFully Automatic Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $2,499.00$3,199.00$3,599.00
Dimensions 260 x 470 x 375 mm260 x 480 x 375 mm260 x 470 x 375 mm
Weight12.5 kg
FeaturesDisplay PanelTouch ScreenTouch Screen
Milk FrotherIntegratedIntegratedIntegrated
Bean GrinderIntegrated Burr GrinderIntegrated Burr GrinderIntegrated Burr Grinder
Coffee Bean Capacity400 g400 g400 g
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 3 DeLonghi PrimaDonna Elite ECAM650