Diamond Energy

Diamond Energy

A great, green company

Finally, an electricity company that is transparent and offers great service. We have a premium feed-in tariff. When we're in credit, Diamond pays our bank account on the day the invoice is due. Never had that before! They rank second on the Greenpeace Green Electricity guide, with all renewables (no fossil fuels). That's the most important factor for us.

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity

Top customer service

Life is not always about the cheapest price as cheap service usually hangs together with it. Diamond Energy goes against this by offering very competitive prices and best of all, excellent customer service. I have called a number of times and the call gets answered straight away by very friendly Aussies who sort out problems on the spot. It makes customer service at the other retailers look like a complete joke.

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity

Great customer service

Used Diamond energy for our electricity. Quick setup incl direct debit. Excellent customer service via phone (no anoying menus). Detailed and useful quarterly usage reports via email.

Consistent, perfect renewables power supply at great rates

Hands down the best electricity company I have ever dealt with. And the only one to ever offer me discounts. If you believe renewables are the future, I'd recommend them.

Easy to deal with.

House is 100% electric.
Switched over a couple of years back form another supplier after they upped their pricing and did not tell anyone.
Diamond Energy are easy to deal with and their supply charges seem to be a little cheaper than all the others I have checked with.
I check constantly what other suppliers charge, Diamond Energy still rate the best.
Billing is easy and direct debit is convenient.
My only criticism is that you cannot access your account on their web page as you can do with others.
With all the discounts I have obtained with them, my bills are almost manageable.
At this stage I am a happy Diamond Energy customer.

Always honest

Always been happy with diamond. Have left them in the past. HUGE mistake. Back now ppl in the office actually answers your calls and Australian based and owned as far as I know. Just better than the rest. And I sent solar for a living so looking at bills constantly.

Bill shock!

Recieved a $1350 bill from these guys after recently signing up. I have a two bedroom unit and usual bill is between $300-$400 with previous companies.
Be very careful!

Genuine and helpful

I changed from Origin to Daimond to move to renewable energy sources and have had no regrets. Their feed in tariff is competitive. Customer service is local, helpful and honest when I called to query some details on my bill. Also, they've just passed on a real saving to us customers. I replied: "Great news! Thanks. Glad I said NO to the cold caller the other day who said, "So you're not interested, even though you could save lots and lots of money?" Ha ha"
Daimond replied: "Hahaha I loved your response! Yes we have been working hard to ensure all our customers are getting the best competitive low rates and feed in credits for their area. Supporting renewables doesn’t have to cost you more!"
Talk about human. And not out-sourced slave labourers. Go Diamond.

Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff

Friendly staff that go out of their way to help.
Value green and sustainable energy sources :)
Great service all round.

Best electricity company yet!

Very helpful customer service, and extremely good rates. I'm very happy with them. Other electricity companies were an absolute nightmare to deal with, but for over a year now with DE, I have no more issues! And they just emailed me to let me know that the rates have gone down, and that I'll be saving between approx $150-200 per year.

A great, hassle-free experience

After being given the run-around by AGL Electricity several times, I was looking to change. And Diamond Energy seemed to be head and shoulders above the rest. And so far the experience has been very pleasant and hassle-free. Customer service is excellent, and pricing is certainly fair. I wish they'd do Gas too.

100% renewable sources, reliable, great customer service

After years with AGL & Alinta, I became alarmed at their exorbitant price hikes, so I switched to Diamond Energy. My elec bills are much lower, I like that DE sources its energy from renewables not dirty coal, the supply is reliable and their customer service is excellent! Wish they also supplied gas but not as yet.

Service is the clincher.

Diamond does the best kWh/hr deal for my personal house hold consumption and PV production. (ToU) Others sometimes get close but what $ value can you put on being able to get quick sensible and informative answers over the phone (every time I have called)?
I have considered churning several times but over approx. 3 years with Diamond, the numbers (for my circumstances) when crunched convince me that great customer service is the clincher. Thanks Jess and Luke.

Time has passed and I see Diamond Energy meanwhile as the best available option

1 to 2 years have passed since my entry (and additional comment to it - however, both entries seem to have disappeared with my new review here...).

Meanwhile I reckon that Diamond Energy is the best option available where I live (country NSW), since they lifted their feed-in-rebate to 12 cents (while a small portion of my feed-in-kW even attracts a 15 cents rebate each period.

I see reports on TV of people with horrendous power-bills. This is beyond my comprehension.
Those must be people without solar and without any idea how to use power responsibly.

During a 3 month period, of which I was on my own for 2 month, I even had a power bill over those 3 month, where I received $15.

Obviously the "daily charges" are a rip-off, however they are systematic in Australia, and not Diamond's fault. But with my 5kW system, I was even able to offset those completely (at one time) as I wrote above.

Cooperative effort, successful results.

We had to have someone remove and re-install our solar panels to permit the installation of a new roof. Cole and his team did a super efficient and professional job, and his price was very competitive. All of the workers were polite and hard working, and they were able to fit their schedule with the roofing company, so we did not lose much energy at all. We could not be more pleased with the work.

Prompt and knowledgeable service

I received a surprisingly large bill, staff member (Alex) assisted me to solve my problem and immediately offered me a payment plan.

Excellent Customer Service and Huge Savings and Greener Energy

Three months ago we switched electricity providers from AGL to Diamond Energy for both our home and business. We decided that we had a moral obligation to change to a greener electricity provider even if it was going to cost more. We were impressed with the great customer service and ease of switching but were a little worried about how much the bills were going to be. We have just received our first bills and they are considerably less than our previous power bills. We are thrilled and will be recommending Diamond Energy to all our friends.

absolutely excellent service

100% renewables at a competitive price, transparency, and an absolutely outstanding customer service... An exceptionally excellent Australian energy company. I will certainly keep recommending them.

good value, green and helpful cusomer service

Thanks Diamond Energy for providing green energy, to back up my solar PV and hot water systems. Your prices are comparable and fair, and today I had a great experience with Customer Service, being offered a 'tour" of the rather complex and detailed bill. It was made clear in a very calm, patient and helpful way, and all my questions were answered in a respectful and useful way. I will recommend Diamond Energy not only for your "green-ness" but also for your helpful and friendly staff.

Good service, renewable energy

The customer service is really responsive and we are glad to pay affordable rates for renewable energy with Diamond Energy.

I'm looking at Diamond Energy, I'm in an apartment so trying to work out whether I need solar panels or not?
It would be tricky to get solar panels in an apartment but Diamond energy is sourced from renewables, so at least you know you're helping the planet!

Is it more expensive to have solar on private rentals than owning you own home?
I can only speculate, that as a tenant, after getting the owner's agreement to install panels, if indeed you are responsible for the electricity bill as most tenants in Australia are, you would earn as much credit for the electricity your panels generate as an owner would, but without the security of tenure an owner has, you will have the extra costs of uninstalling, taking the system with you and reinstalling on your next rental property...if you can find an owner who agrees to it.Hi. We have solar panels, a 5kw system. Diamond energy give us 11cents per kw put back into the grid. But I think the main benefit is that with solar it uses the power generated for the home use first then any excess going back into the grid. My bills have more than halved since installing solar. Try using your heavy electricity usage between 9am and 2pm if possible, that is the maximum gain period for solar. I must admit I have not heard of anyone taking the solar installation with them when they move. The way new technology is going, there will be bigger and better all the time. Hope that helps you.If your bill is 800 plus you may benefit. Personally I would go halves with the owner and only if your bill is really high

I am currently with AGL and am concerned about how much I pay. My bills are 1300-1700 a quarter. I have a roof full of solar panels and majority of the house is energy saving appliances etc. Are you able to help me?
I recommend the Alternative Energy Association for this, Tabatha. One year's membership is well worth it for you, and for them. Look up the Queensland branch.

Similar listings