2.6 from 1,068 reviews

2.6

1,068 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (57) · No (213)

NarelleB

NarelleBCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fantastic Prices & Fast Delivery

We have ordered 2 TV's so far from them, I love how easy their Website is and the prices can't be beat, the filters are so easy narrowing down you choices really well, the items are delivered very safely and arrive in great condition, you do get an option at the end to add a freight charge for $6.99 just incase anything goes wrong with your delivery you get a new one sent instantly, also you get to choose extended warranty for a very small fee compared to some local shops, it also includes water damage etc up to 2 years, very worth it.

ADK

ADKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dick Smith does not provide a tax invoice for some items bought on their website

I've been gathering my tax invoices for products bought online. For Dick Smith you need to log into your account for tax invoices, which I did. Then I found the following message: "For invoices relating to marketplace products, please contact the seller from your Order History page."
If I'd known that Dick Smith was now a glorified eBay I wouldn't have bought from them. I now need to chase up a third-party seller to get my tax invoice, which I thought I would be emailed. I won't be buying from Dick Smith again as it's too much of a pain at tax time.

Dear Dick

Facts are that Kogan bought Dick Smith and Kogan have proved to do nothing but taking customers for a ride.I have been so disgusted in my experience i have been searching means to write Dick Smith a letter personally outlining whats actually going on..and i'm not alone.Dick Smith preaches .."give everyone a fair go in Australia"...i wonder if he knew how bad Kogan treats customers if he could step in and have a good look at Kogan..after all his name is still used!

Zoe

BLAH BLAH BLAH...COMPUTER GENERATED RESPONSES ONLY MAKE YOUR COMPANY LOOK EVEN WORSE.

David P.

David P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful customer support, almost non-existent. Good products on Kogan

Product PurchasedDehumidifer

Tim RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience with badly described product

Product PurchasedGoogle Wifi

nisserSydney, NSW

So far bad

Almost impossible to navigate fined it totally disgusting that you have to join just to make and enquirer. I did not so keep your fingers crossed that nothing go wrong, i was worn by a friend. decide to take the risk and find out for my self
the range of product was OK if easier to navigate around would have purchaser 2 more things for the phone.
now will get somewhere else
my sanctification of the produce i will tell when i get and also the speed off delivery.

Bill C.

Bill C.South East Queensland, QLD

Received a faulty product and there was no way of contacting them

Received a faulty product and there was no way of contacting them. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE. Waste of money. Dick smith should be ashamed of himself for having such a bad service with bad products

JoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I made a big mistake

Recently made an order online. It’s been 2 days and haven’t had any updates. There is no phone number to speak to anyone and their online customer support is useless and can’t connect. Sent an email enquiry and still no response. Not a pleasant customer experience and no customer service

Product PurchasedTP-Link Archer C60 AC1350 Wireless Dual Band Router
Joe

Tried that and it doesn’t answer my questions. Why can’t I speak to an actual person?

nic

nicBrisbane

Bad bad bad

Item was second hand refurbished overseas goods in foreign language and was unable to be used customer service was terrible personal experience go elsewhere they are a company on the out

Product PurchasedGoogle Chromecast

mike

mikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

exemplary customer service!!

I have just bought my Freezer from Dick Smith's and have made this decision based upon the customer service I received when I accidently ordered a fridge rather than a freezer.. I picked up the mistake when the driver phoned to tell me they were delivering my fridge and I told them they had made a mistake and not to deliver it.. Upon investigating I found I had made the mistake not them but as the fridge had not actually been delivered to my house I asked for a refund of the delivery plus the fridge and in good faith they did that and now their customer service has swayed me to come back here and buy from them this time making sure I actually bought a freezer lol.

Product Purchasedfreezer

Worst Online Shopping Experience I've Had - Read reviews before buying

I have never had such a terrible experience buying online. Buy from anywhere else, even if it costs more. I bought a phone from them and soon realised that they had sent me the wrong model with slightly different specifications to what they had online. No matter how much evidence I provided they had given me the wrong model they still claimed it was a "fault" with the product. They asked me to send it back for assessment offering almost NO COMPENSATION for the huge inconvenience of being without a phone for who knows how long while they receive it and do their "assessment". Not to mention preparing my phone for assessment and posting it.

Product PurchasedXiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
Leanne Payne

Leanne PayneLaunceston, TAS

Free shipping with order first?? Say what!

I originally wanted 40" smart tv for $329 + $5 freight insurance =$334. I sent a quote to Trustees from screen shot on my phone, when I received the fund to purchase TV & logged into my Dick Smith account I was charged shipping fees of $40 I did not hve means to pay. I email Dick Smith contact surport to no satisfaction.

Regarding my order

Happy with the process. Thank you. Looking forward to receiving my order in the near future. I am very happy with the fridge I bought from you previously, it was the perfect size.

Returned a Faulty Nokia Phone, cannot rate needs negative stars

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedNokia 6.1
Yeahya

YeahyaSydney, NSW

Outstanding

Great site not online much but could find what I was looking for instantly, I’m old school and spend a long time shopping only to give up and walk out with out the thing I went in for.

blkqwe

blkqweGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Dual

Ross x.Dick Smith

Such a slow return process that I can’t even return anymore.

Annie12345

Annie12345Sydney, NSW

Would give 0 stars if I could.

Dick Smith is misleading.
Waited 3 weeks (4 June to 25 June) for my AirPod Pros to arrive & they could not deliver as promised.
I was told numerous things like:
- my item was dispatched
- my item was processed and in transit
- they are unable to refund and cancel my order now because it’s in transit. Wait for another week and then they would cancel and refund me.
- AUS Post don’t scan all items due to the large number of items they received. I contacted AUS Post about this and was incorrect. AUS Post only received shipment paperwork & nothing else since 4 June.

Seems like they are just holding money to keep the company afloat. Avoid buying from Dick Smith at all costs. Awful experience.

Product PurchasedApple AirPods Pro
funkogram.aus

funkogram.ausGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience 1st and last purchase.

Transit times are ridiculous. When the product finally arrived it was incorrect. False advertising and help desk is not helpful at all. I really want to take this matter further as a lot of their adds are very misleading.

Grace

GraceQueensland

Awesome Service!

I purchased a pair of Birkenstock’s and after purchasing I read reviews and started to worry. There was no need to worry though! Only took 5 days and my product coming from Victoria arrived in Queensland!! The shoes were true to size. Couldn’t recommend them enough :)

Product PurchasedSandals

Laura

Lauraasked

Can I have a contact number for Bt technology. There is no information on shipping although they said it leaves the warehouse in 1-2 days. I am contesting the order with my bank and reporting them to the ombudsman if I can not get any information. They do not reply to emails. There is no contact number. I will give it another two days.

I.P. Daily

How did you go contacting someone?

Donna

Donnaasked

I purchased a 32GB paperwhite kindle on the 15th of May and I would like to know when it will be delivered to my current address

I.P. Daily

Suggest you contact them as per their website

Danny Rasked

I keep receiving an email saying I have an item in my shopping cart and the order has not been completed. Each time I try to complete the sale (i.e. checkout) nothing happens. It is impossible to contact anyone at DS to ask what is going wrong. I can't find any similar instances on the help centre pages which means I'm stuffed. Unless there is a question similar to mine I have no alternative route for contacting someone.
I have already placed an order for another item which will not be delivered until June 2020 (it is May now). I'm starting to think of cancelling it but I'm worried I might not receive a refund.
I agree with the majority of reviewers, this is possibly the worst support service on the planet. I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer about my plight, or at least contacting the ombudsman for advice. I think we might even have enough people for a class action(?).
Danny Ross
(Tasmania)

What is your question ?

Danny R

Why does my order fail every time I try to checkout? All the details I enter are correct but the order doesn't get processed.

I.P. Daily

What advice did you get from your contact with your lawyer or the ombudsman ?

Get an answer from our members and Dick Smith representatives