Dick Smith

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (44) · No (142)

Dick Smith Are Crooks

Dick Smith are crooks. Its impossible to contact them. Their returns policy is a con!!! Do not buy from dick smith or kogan!!!!!!!! I will never buy from them again

Luke
Luke

You return policy is designed to confuse people and doesn't work. I want a refund. Please give me an email address I can send photos and my receipt to?

Daryl

DarylSouth Australia

DO NOT buy from Dicksmith!! Paid for goods but no product!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Pro (2017)
Shaz B.

Shaz B.Sydney, NSW

Cannot contact team to cancel order

There's no contact information and the support pages all go to Kogan.com - does not know the cancel button on Dick Smith order history!! I've submitted a request ASAP but it's now shipped.

mike B88

mike B88South East Queensland, QLD

Still Missing and Tracking is useless

Ordered an item on 26 March and dispatched by 30 March express via OZ Post. But they are unable to find it. The tracking number cannot locate where it is, either city or country !! Been waiting a few days for OZ post to come back to me also. Seems the dispatch and tracking info is by seller and does not indicate they have actually sent it.

Update: after emails to DS and talking to OZ post nothing has changed. Still none the wiser. Tracking info is also unchanged and untrue according to OZ Post as they have not received it.

Product Purchasedthermometer

Appalling Service

First we ordered a refurb Iphone X and after a few days get a message and a refund saying it was no longer available . So we ordered another one - just arrived - charger doesnt work , it has a big led leak on the screen and the top row of number pad doesnt work ! WHY on earth can i not call them . Will be expecting a full refund and cost of return postage ! Never again

Tony D.
Tony D.

MarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Money taken but no history of order

I ordered a set of earphones on 27 March via website. The money has been taken out of my account but there is no history of the order etc. I have sent an email but no reply as yet.

Product PurchasedApple iPod Earphones
Mary

I have not received any emails from the Help Desk...

Unreliable - Don’t buy anything!!!

I bought an iPhone 8, took around 2 weeks to arrive (despite what it said on the website) it was fine until I realised the speaker didn’t work, customer service was very unhelpful and took a while to arrange the return. I then bought an iPhone 8 plus as I thought this was just a one-off problem. The item had been “with courier” for over two weeks!!!! They would not take responsibility for losing it, customer service was again extremely unhelpful, was difficult to get a refund and I kept getting passed on to different people (had to keep explaining the problem). After getting my refund I bought a phone from pbtech (NOT affiliated with Dick Smith) - very simple and quick.

Product PurchasedPhone
Deborah

DeborahMelbourne

Online Purchase - Third Party Cancellation

Purchased item online. Advised two days later that the item was unavailable. I was then advised it would take 5-7 business days for the refund. They were paid immediately, why not refund me immediately?

Narisu Z.

Narisu Z.South East Queensland, QLD

If you think you can get a refund, forget it!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedApple iPad (5th Generation)

Find out how Dick Smith compares to other Online Shops

Extremely poor quality masks !

The description says: “3-Ply Face Mask Anti Virus Flu Dust Surgical Medical Dental AU”. Whereas the parcel is all in Chinese writing with loose packing, not anti virus Flu medical.

Anne S.

Anne S.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Faulty Product. Try and complain they make it too hard. Terrible.

Kogan Cooktop faulty only half the hotplates work. Try and send a complaint, the product code is not where they suggest on their order history. Spent heaps of time trying to navigate a simple request for help.
Never going to use this company again.

Product PurchasedKogan cooktop

Rubbish delivery times

I ordered 13 days ago and my package is still in mid air somewhere, yet to even get to customs. Wish I had got in the car and driven to our local electronics store.

Product PurchasedApple Airpods 2nd Gen with Charging Case

JeffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service! Waiting for a reply for 5 days, unacceptable.

In the website said the size of keyboard would be fit on my iPad, once i get my keyboard i was devastated. And i try to contact them, i literally wait for their reply for 5 days. And the return policy is almost end, still waiting for their reply. They send me return website called pbtech, and it need to be provide invoice number, dick smith never sent me the invoice. Is this the trick you use on customers who want to return their item?

Product PurchasedBrydge keyboard iPad grey
Jeff

Then just give me the invoice! And reply me on time! Please

Why do they use a 1.9 out of 5 stars rated courier company?

At this point, my package was picked up two days ago and their customer services people are going to call me when they find out where it is? This is after not having my calls returned twice!

Gwen MatthewsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waiting a month for an item to be delivered so far

I am still yet to receive my item. It has been a month since I ordered my product and it has not been received by Australia Post, the item is an EXPRESS POST registered mail item. I have requested a refund as I would now rather physically walk into a store and pay $200 extra.

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S10 128GB

Son waiting 3 mths now for working Xmas present! Disgusting

Santa gave 10YO a moochies watch through Dick Smith and the sim wasn’t readable from the start.
We have been trying for 3 months to get him a replacement and have been given the runaround. We just want a refund now and to cancel the $15 account he isn’t able to use. Absolutely DO NOT buy through Dick Smith!!

Sarah T.
Sarah T.

No Support and no Phone number to contact

I found the phone, clicked purchase and filled in my details without joining up as it gave me the option then I enter my credit details and went next and that's where my problem started. A message advised that my bank needed some additional security and took me to a dead page. Thought to myself I will contact support as i really want the item but no phone number, and no support unless you have registered with them. This must be bordering on illegal that you cannot contact someone after they take your money or thank goodness they only attempted to take my money. I am shopping elsewhere now.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy A5 2nd Generation (2017)
Disgruntled
Disgruntled

You just highlighted the problem, I cannot contact you via email. Surely if you can take money without the need to make an account you can be contacted?

Vicki

VickiSydney

Didnt buy

I w3qas going to purchase a phone after spending quite some time trying to find a way to ask a question no phone number, no chat facility I decided to buy elsewhere. How can you run a company if consumers cannot contact you easily?

dick smith is good

i made a rookie mistake, i ordered my product without reading the reviews of dicks smith first, after i read them i was so scared i had just lost 211 dollars because of the poor dick smith reviews, and although it did take a long time to arrive because it was being shipped from china so it had to be quarantined, it did arrive in good condition, so don't be afraid of buying something of dick smith, i was and now i have a really good arctis 7 headset. :)

Robert

RobertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great products at really good prices ! Can't fault them.

Ordered a great pair of Birkenstocks, arrived within 3 days and the price was hugely discounted compared to what other retailers were asking for. Parcel was tracked too which is nice during these times!

Product PurchasedBirkenstock Arizona Sandal