Dick Smith

Terrible product and terrible service

Took 10 days for the faulty product to arrive. Then another 25 days for the replacement to be sent! And im still waiting for it.
Customer service provides no answers and take more than a week for a simple reply with the same nonsense apology. Judging by how many people get the same reply they obviously are not sorry and do not care one bit for the inconvenience.
If you are reading this do not buy anything from this useless store and spread the word.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Leni, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there have been delays in your order reaching you. We take the timeliness of our deliveries seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.same empty apology and lies. Take" timeliness" so serious it will take over a month for product to be delivered "investigation"? so many people saying the same thing. so clearly there is no investigation and no improvements made. i reply to emails within the hour unlike your team which takes over a week to reply. but dont worry i am "sorry"..for ever thinking you were a reputable company to deal with and i am "happy to assist" in spreading the word so noone else will be "sorry"

Buy Australian they say..

I purchased a $900 laptop online a couple of months ago. Once delivered, Opened my laptop and the laptop was in Chinese... The whole thing was in a different language. I had no idea what to do. I could not understand any of it. I emailed Dick smith a dozen times over the next week and no reply. I tried ringing their customer service number and the recording just told me to send an email. I waited 2 weeks and then decided to take it to a computer shop and got charged another $100 to replace the language to English. Still to this day I have not received any communication from them in regards to this laptop. I will never buy from Dick Smith again. I will also never recommend them to anyone.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product did not arrive in proper working order. Our suppliers work hard to ensure that all our items arrive working as they should be and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.I appreciate your reply but as for replying to emails sent by Dick Smith's help desk.. I actually have not received any but an automated reply from the 1st email I sent which was over a month ago.

Do Not Use Dick Smith!!!!

I purchased a tv from there NEW ZEALAND on line website for my parents in New zealand after it arrived it was found to be damaged. I checked the online tracking and found it had come from sydney I would never have baught it if I new it was coming from another counter as the chance of damage is to high.
After calling dick Smith about it all I got was call kogan and received a number for kogan mobile that had nothing to do with shipping issues. Dick Smith basicly wiped there hands with any responsibility they just took the money then wiped there hands. I will be contacting the new zealand and Australian fair trading ombudsman if I don't receive any help with the matter

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Josh, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your item did not arrive in proper working order and in perfect condition. Our warehouse staff and delivery partners work hard to ship all our customer orders carefully and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Should you have any further enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

If your product is faulty, good luck, their pro forma reply emails are lip service designed to make you give up!

Have a look below at the reponses. They are all the same from Dick Smith and 1-star customers are all having the same issues with Dick Smith simply saying,

thank you for letting us know about your experience.

But the problem is they are not resolving any issues at all, they are simply frustrating people with the inability to communicate and inability to want to recognise and solve the problems.

Their responses here and via personal email are all the same, and all simply lip service.

One of my products didn't turn up at all, and they could not provide evidence that it was or that it had even been delivered, but I get email after email, its "IT has been delivered to your front door." But it has not been. There was no authority to leave anything and cannot and will not provide any evidence of this delivery. Aside from saying, it's there.

My second item arrived - according to them - at my front door - but was in fact found in my driveway, box broken and one vital part of the item missing - ie a leg of a trampoline dog bed. I took pictures immediately, sent them off and to date, have had no resolution other than pro forma emails. The fact the courier company said it was left at my front door and not in my driveway makes me wonder where my first parcel was left.

Trying to deal with problems for two deliveries is even harder, as you are getting two responses the same to two different problems.

I simply would like to return my faulty product but they wont tell me how or provide a way. And I simply want to know where the other product I purchased is please, OR where is the evidence that the courier actually delivered it.

I challenge you DICK SMITH to actually not give me a pro forma response the same as everyone elses as I HAVE tried to correspond with your helpdesk to no avail. The next stop will be Fair Trading.

Hi James, thanks for your message. We're really sorry to hear about the inconvenience and delay in having your issues resolved. We would definitely want to have these rectified for you. If you could please send us your ticket reference numbers or order numbers, that will really help us track your cases and work on it as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may inform our customer care agents through your ticket that you've reached to us via Product Review.Hi Ross, I have already emailed / contacted Dick Smith quoting my ticket numbers and reference order numbers, to no avail. What's my next step please. Thank you.

Don't waste your time or money!

Stay away from dick smith (kogan)

Would give 0 stars if I could!

- Dick Smith or Kogan do not have a contact phone number if you want to talk to someone about your order

- They take days to reply to queries on email and even then.... they don't answer your concerns - they just reply with generic nonsense which can be found on their website

- They use the slowest courier partners in the world (Omniparcel) who.... surprise surprise have no contact details

- No option to upgrade the courier service for guaranteed delivery

Seriously.... find a business who actually pride themselves in customer service and one who can guarantee delivery!

Will never buy anything from this pathetic attempt at resurrecting what used to be a household name.

Word of mouth goes a long way.

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S10+
Hi Andrew, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been having issues contacting our Help Desk. As an online-only business, we are best equipped to respond to all our customer enquiries via email. Moreover, we take the timeliness of our deliveries seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Should you have any further enquiries, please contact our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Absolutely disgusting!!!

This company is out to take your money and thats it. They do not provide any customer service whatsoever, they are willing to send you a product with insufficient instructions on how to set it up, unreliable services, they dont respond to emails and if they do they say they are just passing the issue to someone else, they send you the product and when a part of it is broken they dont care!!!I want a full refund but cant even get that because no one responds to you and they have no customer service number!!!

After going backwards and forwards with them for a while now. We still haven't got anywhere. In the meantime, 1 of our cameras are now faulty and only shows in black and white and they dont want to replace it. They just pass the problem onto someone else and wait for a response from this 3rd party. I don't know who this 3rd party is, because they haven't disclosed them to me. So after all this and spending the money we did, we have a product that isn't doing what its mean to as advertised, have a broken remote and a broken camera.

I would recommend staying away from Dick Smith/Kogan at all costs. You can get products from other reliable and reputable companies that will look after you. We will never recommend these companies or purchase off them again!!!

Product PurchasedUTech CCTV Camera set
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. As an online-only business, we are best equipped to respond to all our customer enquiries via email. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.I have been replying to the messages and im getting no help - its all just a waste of my bloody time!!!Even as a online service you SHOULD have a contact number where you can speak to someone rather than doing 2 months of back and forth espiacally being that its all up to a third party...

Poor Customer Service

As soon as I received the CD player I ordered, I could see it was cheap and nasty. I contacted customer service, asking if I could have a refund or credit and that I was very disappointed with the quality of the item. Dick Smith refused, saying that because it was an online order, I could not refund it for a 'change of mind'. I will never shop with dick smith ever again. ps There should be a 'no star' option.

Hi Grace, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you are dissatisfied with our policies in this case. We work hard to ensure that all our policies provide our customers with a positive experience with us and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.I have only received two emails from Customer support and they were IDENTICAL - just mass-produced nonsense!

worst experience I ever had

I ordered a bed nearly two month ago
I have paid extra also to have premium care
order says dispatched a day after

but order not arrived for two weeks , when i complain there were emails saying they are searching why
then after that they sent out two boxes out of three which was half of the bed
after another 20 emails they have found that they are out of stock

I haven't received the refund yet even i sent them another 10 emails asking about it
they response only when they want to
customer care is crap , my issue was passes from one person to another like passing a ball

last thing I being told was they want the two boxes i received in the same quality and then they will investigate and then they will consider about a refund ?

What kind of a customer service is this ?
worst of all I have experienced

there crap is still with me after two weeks , no courier came to pick up them

dear all please beware when you buy something
- There is number to call
- Emails get answered after days
- They are operating out side Australia so they don't bother about Australian consumer laws
- when your money is gone they don't care you after that

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Ravi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the resolution of your issue. Our Help Desk works hard to provide the best resolutions available in line with our Terms and Conditions. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Do NOT purchase from Dick Smith!!

My order didn't arrive after 2 weeks. Phoned company. Was told it was delivered and accepted by a person id never heard of. I told them it had def NOT been delivered. They insisted it had. I then was randomly at the local service station and they said 'oh we have a package that was delivered here as a drop off point'! They didn't even bother coming to my house at all..they just dumped it at a servo as a collection point and didn't even tell anyone! When I tried to speak to the company about this I've been fobbed off and passed on from one poor English speaking person to the next. They didn't want to know about it. In the end you get soo frustrated you give up. Beware..do NOT purchase anything from D Smith - you'll regret it. D Smith you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You used to be an upstanding reputable Australian company. Worst customer service ive ever come across. Only gave 1 start because you have to give something to be able to post a review!

Hi Wall, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Returns experience

I have been absolutely appalled by Dick Smith and the apparent contempt and disregard with which a household name like that would treat a customer and stunned by the slowness and incompetence of the customer service.

I bought a juicer from Dick Smith on 21st October which was faulty. Returning the thing and trying to get my refund has been by far the worst customer service experience of my life. If I could have given zero stars that would have been more accurate.

Today, on the 25th Feb it is still not resolved. 4 months and over 20 emails and they tell me they need to further investigate!

Every email takes them ages to get back to. They say one thing and then something else entirely. I was told months ago they could see my item had been returned and the latest email is asking for a postal receipt and tracking number (provided). This is after the previous email (which was following some very disgruntled correspondence from me) where they told me sorry and just let us know if you want a refund or a credit note (hysterical laughter - a credit note - never ever ever do I want anything to do with Dick Smith ever again! Not to mention the 10 emails from me asking for a REFUND!!!)

Virtually every email is from a different person with apparently no communication between them. They just ask for the same information over and over ad nauseum.

Needless to say you can't speak to a human.

4 months trying to get a refund and no end in sight... Be warned!

Product PurchasedTodo juicer
Hi Hayley, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.Hi Ross, You have had all the information from me you require numerous times, why would I need to keep responding to more emails from your "help" desk? You need to process my refund or tell me what is going on. This is beyond ridiculous. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you or another human about this. Do you believe 4 months is an acceptable amount of time to wait for a refund?

Customer service sucks, vacuum does not

I placed an order for an incorrect item - the Kogan T7 vacuum cleaner. My mistake - I'd been comparing the T7 and T8 model and pulled the trigger on the wrong one. No problem, I thought, they'll be able to sort that out. Ha.

I emailed IMMEDIATELY after the order was lodged asking to change the item, and received an automated email reply with a list of a few help topics.. one was how to cancel an order. This topic said I should go to the order on the website, and simply click the 'cancel order' button which sounds easy but I get there and there's no 'cancel order' button. I reply to the automated email and requested the order be cancelled.

I received a reply about two days later saying the order had shipped and could not be cancelled. I checked the order on their website and it was still showing as processing so I emailed again.. got an answer sooner this time, but the same answer. The order still showed as processing.

It was maybe two days later when I received an email to advise the order had been shipped, so the persons responding to my two emails just straight up lied about the order being shipped.

I then received my item and it's crap, picks up dog hair off tiles (which is luckily the main thing I needed it for) but it does absolutely nothing on my small bedroom carpets. If I put my hand over the open end there is virtually zero suction to be felt, I've literally had dustbuster vacuums that have been stronger. Power head has failed twice already (and with the low suction the vac is USELESS without it) but both times has started working again with a few taps. I doubt it'll last, but on the upside if it dies I might get my money back.

I attempted to write a review on their site but cannot find any link to do so - after the fuss I caused trying to return it and telling them that I was wildly unhappy with their service, it appears the reviewing function has been blocked for me.

I will never order from these dodgy crooks again, and since Dick Smith is simply a mirrored online storefront for Kogan I would never order something from Kogan either.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Dan, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product did not arrive in proper working order. Our suppliers work hard to ensure that all our items arrive working as they should be and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/help/

Product not fit for purpose

Purchased smoker BBQ for birthday gift - upon assembly found parts do not fit together- does not appear damaged - but manufactured the wrong size. Sent multiple emails requesting refund. No reply. Unlikely to use site again due to failure to respond to my emails for assistance. Order # KKJRAX7C

Hi Jo, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Terrible company to deal with - do not buy anything off them

We purchased a London Bus LEGO off DickSmith November 2018 as a Xmas gift for my father. It arrived 3wks later, from Australia to New Zealand with just a courier label slapped on the outside of the LEGO box... no protection around the box whatsoever. The box turned up damaged, opened at one end and LEGO packets missing. I encountered huge delays with Dicksmith not bothering to return my emails, this issue dragged out for 2months before it finally got resolved. Very disappointing given I was very clear I needed the matter resolved ASAP because it was a Xmas gift. There is no way to contact them via phone, so they have made sure to cut themselves off from any communication with the customer, until the finally choose to do so. After many emails back and forth with them offering less than impressive compensation <insert eye rolling>, they finally agreed to replace the LEGO box with a brand new box. Absolutely appalling customer service and company ethics. I hope this deters people from using them in the future.

Hi Alana, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry your item arrived with missing parts and that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Dishonour and Bad Customer service

Brought a Samsung mobile about 7 months ago paid $500+ to use only for in-house mobile development, never took outside, never see sunlight except sitting on my office desk. This mobile has overheating defect and causes the back popped. Sent quite a few messages to Dick Smith and taking them "weekS...." to get back to me with the issue. At the end, they simply classified this to do with "user-related : Physical damage and mishandling of the product" and suggest I should fork out money to get the local to repair the mobile.

I was simply give my business to Dick Smith to support local Australia brand. But now, not only I spent my hard earn money on a defect mobile which Dick Smith has dishonour but also my time to date to deal with such a incompetent company/provider who do not care for their after sales customer.

Dear customers, if you truly respect your hard earned money, I am highly recommend NOT to purchase anything from Dick Smith. Any company/provider who only interested to get customer to buy things off them online but without after sales customer service and dishonour. You know for sure that type of business won't stay long in the market (i.e. 2016 Dick Smith gone receivership) and you will have no protection to your purchase. Another word, you may as well flash your money to the toilet now.

I do not wish to make anyone to feel "one bad apple spoils the bunch", but Dick Smith is the one true BAD apple and we should all leave this one apple alone. And for myself, I will make sure to share my painful experience to all online and offline customers, so no one fall into this heartache.

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Hi Joyce, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry your item arrived with missing parts and that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.I was speechless after reading this response. Once again, this proven to me Dick Smith focus is "WHO CARES about After Sales Customer Service". My review was NOT written in English literature, it was a plain simple english. It turns out either no one at Dick Smith know how to read plain simple english. Or the only reason Dick Smith response on this channel is simply try to cover their butt saying we're not bad company and try to "sweep it under the carpet". I am pretty sure any smart potential customers who read my post/review can see through Dick Smith's replay is a illusion trick. In short, Dear Dick Smith, the mobile device I've brought from your end aren't arrived with missing parts. It was a defect mobile device, I've charged and overheated and the back popped. So if you happen to remember such a thing called business ethics and/or moral standard. I would like to get a full refund of $554.98 my hard earned money, not a replacement of this device. I lost my trust in your company and greatly disappointed the way you've conduct your business and treatment you've provided to your customers to date. Dear potential customers, I sincerely hope you can see the amount of time I now wasted on this Dick Smith company not only I don't have a functional product to work with but also the continue negativity thoughts which I do not wish to see anyone else to experience and suffer. So if you're thinking to buy anything from Dick Smith, my advise is DON"T. But do keep an open mind to continue support local Australian brand and ethics driven businesses, One Bad Egg Shouldn't Spoil The Bunch.

Horrible Customer Service

I am currently a student in year 12 VCE and I have recently contacted Dick Smith through the help desk about my broken touchscreen on my surface book however, it has been 6 days and haven't got a response yet. Being a student in VCE it is important that I have my laptop fixed because I write all my notes digitally but Dick Smith has not given me any response yet

Product PurchasedMicrosoft Surface Book
Hi Steve, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk and with your unit. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. In this case, I have made raised your case to our Support team. They will have more information for you soon. Please direct all future responses to our support team via email, as this is their primary form of communication, and they are best equipped to handle these queries. Unfortunately, our support team are not able to assist with queries via Product review but please rest assured they will have this matter resolved via your ticket. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this query.

pray there are no problems

If your item is faulty or missing a part, expect 3 months delay before the problem is rectified. Reply's to emails can take about 2 weeks on a good day.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Colin, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Pestill Humane rat traps

I bought this product online, "Pestill Humane rat traps" for $19.00 from Dick Smith. The product has an opening for the rat to walk in and then the door closes. The problem is the opening of the trap is about 3cm x3cm which is insufficient to allow a rat to enter. This trap is designed for mice and my problem is to do with rats. It is false advertising as it does not cater for rats. Dick Smith do not provide a returns policy due to it being a pest product which I understand, my issue is with false advertising as it is advertised as a rat trap. They have not responded to my email and there is no way to contact via phone. Very poor customer service and no chance I'll buy from them again as I have lost trust in them as a reputable company. I have also reported to ACCC.

Product PurchasedPestill humane rat traps
Hi Aldo, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. As an online-only business, we are best equipped to respond to all our customer enquiries via email. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT USE DICK SMITH ONLINE

Purchased incorrect Surface Pro keyboard on 02/2/19 and have tried unsuccessfully everyday since day or order up till now 14/2/19 to solve issue with no service only automated online responses. No phone numbers some even disconnected. They need investigating a real sham, never ever again DICK SMITH

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Tony, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry to see that you are dissatisfied with our policies in this case. We work hard to ensure that all our policies provide our customers with a positive experience with us and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Very poor customer service and terrible products

The first problem with this company is there is no way to contact them other then their email help desk don’t bother ringing the 1300 number it’s just a recording you can’t actually speak to anyone.

The product I brought was a ln electric car for my daughter for Christmas, when it arrive the instruction manual on how to assemble it was written in terrible English and impossible to follow. The quality was terrible plastic brackets on the product it’s self had snapped and were just hanging on others were missing completely.

I returned the product only to be told there technician had tested it and that it was fine they also sent me a video which once opened I couldn’t shut down, so they are basically saying having bit fall off is normal and they won’t be refunding my money.

Don’t deal with this company they are definitely not up to the same standard of quality or customer service as the old Dick Smith stores they basically take your money and send you poor quality products then refuse refund your money.

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the resolution of your issue. Our Help Desk works hard to provide the best resolutions available in line with our Terms and Conditions. As an online-only business, we are best equipped to respond to all our customer enquiries via email. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.Happy to assist me? Your help desk is a joke! Easiest way to resolve my problem is to never purchase a product from you again and ensure all my friends and family never purchase from you either you should be shut down your customer service is as dodgey as your products.

Terrible customer service

I recently ordered a double bed online which was delivered but with missing parts like the screws and hinges.Whats the point of even delivering the bed then!Very poor customer service as well coz you can’t even contact them directly!Can not recommend anyone to buy stuff from them at all.

Product PurchasedDouble fabric gas lift bed
Hi Mercy, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product did not arrive in proper working order. Our suppliers work hard to ensure that all our items arrive working as they should be and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. As an online-only business, we are best equipped to respond to all our customer enquiries via email. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/help/