Dick Smith

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (87) · No (453)

jemcmAU

Look out...... it's a Kogan trap.

Not even close to delivery times they stated for my phone.

If I'd know they were now owned by Kogan I'd never have gone near them.

AVOID, its not worth the 30 bucks you'll save!!

jemcm

I haven't received emails Ross, I received one email, and it was misleading at best. Deliver my order or refund me the $1,000.

Thomas

ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great selection excellent service

So I've made about 8 purchases so far through dick smith website and can honestly say every transaction has been faultless, I've read quite a few bad reviews about dick smith but it seemed to be the 3rd part sellers that were majority of the issue, my purchases have been through dick smith not a 3rd party seller so not sure if that's got anything to do with my positive experiences, but all purchases to date have been dispatched within the designated time frame they tell me at checkout, and tracking information has always been correct items received have always been as advertised so in all honesty I have no reason to not recommended dick smith and the service I've received can't fault them.

Do not purchase from

Purchase a new Samsung S20 FE (international model) mobile on dick smith online only for find out after transferring all my data from previous mobile that it is region locked to India, thus will not accept my Australian sim card. Contacted Samsung directly, they stated that it is region locked to prevent sale in Australia and that I shouldn't have been able to purchase one! Samsung wouldn't offer a remedy for this reason. Still awaiting a resolution from Dick Smith........

MichaelM

MichaelMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dick Smith had the best price for my bluetooth earbuds.

After finding some budget but not rubbish bluetooth earbuds in a review, (Edifier TWS1) I searched for them and Dick Smith had the best price.

Mureed A.

Mureed A.

Fantastic products & value for money

Non existent customer service & difficult to report a delivery problem, you have to keep the product email, they send you to track your product. They are a great Australian company that has fantastic electronics & Android mobiles, like jb-hi-fi. For example I bought a Wii receiver for only $7, including free delivery.

Alexis

AlexisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Product Did Not Arrive

Beware of Dick Smith/Kogan delivery scheme!!!

I placed an online order last March (2021) for portable battery jumper (Certa 16,000mAh Water Resistant Portable Jump Starter) and until now no product has arrive.

The Customer Care Team emailed me that they will investigate it, contact their courier, and try sort out the issue but since then they didn’t come back to me for any good result.

Me and my wife already LOST OUR CONFIDENCE AND TRUST to Dick Smith/Kogan!!!

This is DISGRACEFUL AND VERY DISAPPOINTING treatment for being a regular customer for almost 4 years now.

RossDick Smith

Thanks for the review. Your feedback is important to us and we value and appreciate your suggestions and complaints in order to improve our service.

If you could provide your email reference number, please do & we'll take a look into your case.

Lll

Lll

Multiple cancellations of purchases due to NO stock!

I am so severely unimpressed with Dick Smith and Kogan online Marketplaces.

This is the third purchase in less than a week, that has been cancelled due to stock unavailability.

When purchased none of the items were lasted as ‘last one’, the message on the order page was ‘low stock’.

My attempt at purchasing a CD cassette boom box for my autistic done has failed miserably through your websites.
I am very unhappy.

Product PurchasedPanasonic RX-D26 CD Radio Cassette

MrLewPerth, WA

Be Aware Dicksmith Are Not An Official Reseller of Avantree Audio Products

I recently purchased a Torpedo Plus mini soundbar. The purchase and delivery went through without a problem and item works great. The problem is that Dicksmith.com.au are not an authorised reseller and I am unable to register for extended warranty and may not have any warranty at all as Avantree have no idea who Dicksmith.com.au even are. I suspect Avantree products are being sold by dodgy unauthorised resellers and their offer of extended warranty is a method of catching who they are. Avantree want me to contact Dicksmith.com.au and get them to contact Avantree which as Dicksmith.com.au are the dodgy reseller is not likely to happen. Avantree should contact Dicksmith.com.au not me I'm the innocent victim here.

I give up.
Avoid dicksmith.com.au they are not an authorised reseller of Avantree products and more than likely many other manufacturers as well. Dick Smith please contact avantree.com to sort this out. It Is not my problem.

Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

Now run by dodgy Kogan, won't stop SPAMing emails even if you unsubscribe

Purchased one item and now getting about 2 or 3 emails a day and that's after unsubscribing. Kogan appears to have bought them out and now runs it the same as kogan with Dicksmith badge. Company no longer has its older values I'd steer clear and use ebay instead.

emma

emma

spam!

Somehow Dick Smith got my email address and despite unsubscribing, they have been spamming my inbox for weeks now. Really poor business practices.

The worst!

I bought a handheld milk frother and it was such a disappointment, it’s so weak that it doesn’t work at all.

JWRVictoria

Appalling. Deceptive. Outstandingly poor customer service.

Customer X

Customer XGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quite the scam on delivery charges

I was charged 16 dollars delivery on a 35 dollar order, with no notice given during the billing process.

There was no notice of the charges during the billing process, which indicate a conscious desire to scam the customer by the executive management of the company.

Snowflake

SnowflakeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

On point

I’ve ordered twice from Dick Smith. Products are always as expected, as described and in perfect condition. Communication is very good. Postage is good and fair. I love that I don’t have to pay for postage, always a win in my mind.

GreenySydney, NSW

A bit concerned

I ordered something through Dick Smith on the 19th April and initially told it would be dispatched on 22nd April and that I would be notified once dispatched. Now 27th, haven't heard anything and seems impossible to track my order. Also, I now see that Dick Smith sourced the item from Ozgames in the UK. If I'd gone to them direct I could have got the item $10 cheaper!
All seems very shonky to me. Won't use Dick Smith again.

Greeny

The ref number is K82UW2QJ.
The tracking number is 00193580940501064517

Katarina

Katarina

Paid for express shipping... where’s my parcel?

I paid for express shipping because I know Dick Smith usually take a while but it’s been over a week?? I’ve had stuff shipped to me from Italy to Australia within in 5 days

MHUn

MHUnPerth, WA

Faulty TV and bad repair

TV screen stopped working in warranty. They sent out a repair person but not completely repaired. Tried to contact repair man who did not respond so went back to company who now state that product is out of warranty so not their problem. This TV is 2 years old and their failure to repair properly in the first place means it should come under warranty plus they aren't following consumer guarantee. I will be taking this further as 2 years is not an appropriate time for a TV to die. My 2 previous TV's that have lasted 10 years! Disgusting customer service, who stated I would get an account credit and turned around and went actually no, not our problem now.

Rob

RobDarling Downs, QLD

Spam issues

There is no means of unsubscribing or optiing out of the daily deluge of Spam emails which arrive once an order is placed through Dick Smith, and no means of contacting the company to address this.
Please fix this issue.

Rapunzel

RapunzelSydney, NSW

Unresponsive customer service

I have purchased 2 things and have yet to receive and can not get any response from anyone. The website doesn't allow me to access my account and i have been bombarded with emails since I purchased one thing. There isnt access to anyone to find my order or change my ad preferences. It is an intrusive unresponsive set up to deal with all round. I wish i hadnt dealt with them at all.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
RossDick Smith

Thanks for the review, apologies for the whole experience.

If you are able to provide your reference number, please do and we'll take a look into your case.

jo l c

jo l cCentral, SA

Great online store

Have always found dicksmith to be a great online store. Have really great prices, and fast shipping. Postage can sometimes be a tad expensive.

biggles

bigglesasked

Are your Mobile Phones all unlocked?
And ready for the provider of our choice?

Kathy H.

Kathy H.asked

My paypal account has been hacked and a payment has been made to Dick Smith. I have an invoice number and a transaction number and a name and address of where the goods were to be shipped to. I contacted you by email to be told you won't provide me with a copy of the invoice. Interestingly the add at the bottom of my screen on this page is the name of the company that the transaction appears to have gone to. I want to know why I am not entitled to a copy of an invoice for goods I have paid for. I am contacting the police and office of fair trade as this is unacceptable and fraudulent.

Consumer_user
Consumer_user

"the add at the bottom of my screen on this page is the name of the company that the transaction appears to have gone to". I'm wondering if your computer/ internet device has a virus or malware or such and took over the payment process and directed you to an unsecure or fake websites.

I've begun a refund request with Dick Smith online, after reading these negative reviews - I'm doomed

Nicoleasked

I have made a purchase with dick smith which is confirmed on my zip pay account but I have not received any email confirmation from dick smith and for the life of me can not get in contact with them. Order was placed 26/3???

Toni
Toni

Everything seems to be automated with them. Keep sending emails. Can you see on product listing who it is through?

Nicole

The only place I can see it is in my purchases in my zip account I haven’t received any emails from anyone else kogan or dick smith

Get an answer from our members and Dick Smith representatives