Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast

2.4

Warren

WarrenNorth Queensland, QLD

Aussie breakfast for Aussies

A great mix of healthy cereals to start the day. Just the right amount of nuts, fruit & cereal - adding milk & yoghurt completes the meal. Knowing it is 100% Australian makes it even better.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

Dana

DanaSydney, NSW

After years of looking, Ive finally found the perfect cereal

It is instant, has a great texture and taste - not too sweet and not bland. Goes well with yoghurt and fresh fruit. Perfect for me!

Purchased in January 2020 at Local fruit market.

My choice of the cereals for the contents and quality

I really like this as the bush foods taste amazing and I don't eat carb based cereals and sugar cereals and wheat cereals or oat based ones at all, so this one is the only way I eat cereal, thanks !

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Dick Smith's Bushfoods Breakfast compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Bush foods fantastic idea but......

Great product using bush foods loved the idea of eating our great bush food but. .. was so disappointed at the small amount of actual bush food it contains and there's way too much sugar and hidden sugar in it.big pic of honey very deceptive imagine if that pic was replaced with pic of sugar... Tut tut tut Dick....your slipping .

Purchased in January 2020.

Suzy

SuzyCentral West, NSW

Enjoy this cereal

I have only recently started to have this cereal and like it as its not too sweet

Purchased in December 2019.

Ashley N.

Ashley N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bush cereal- super disappointed

Was once my fav cereal. It used to be summery and tropical. Full of flavour and dried fruit and macadamias. Now it's literally a bunch of different grains & some currants.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Online for A$5.00.

Sandra

SandraNorth Queensland, QLD

Not happy Dick

Please please please bring back the old one my husband and I absolutely loved it the new one is ok but not the same to much puff weet not enough nut and fruit

Cathie

CathieMurray Region, NSW

Most impressed

I will certainly keep buying this product from Dick Smith. Simply add milk and it is delicious. I also found that it is very filling (I wasn't hungry again half an hour later).

Purchased in March 2019.

Marilyn

MarilynGowrie 2904, ACT

Original cereal

My family loved original recipe of Dick Smith cereal. Was an all round favourite. New recipe to much puffed wheat no nuts and frankly a bit tasteless. Why the change. Would have happily paid more for original recipe.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolies for A$5.00.

Looooove it so much.

I have never tasted any breakfast cereal like it..your bush breakfast cereal my fruit and yogart I am in heaven.

Gwen2620

Gwen2620Exeter

Very Happy

As I did not try the old version of this product I cannot compare. Sadly, manufacturers change/go out of business so new ones have to be found. I really enjoyed this product and certainly don't find it tastes like cardboard unlike Uncle Tobys Shredded Wheat which I used to eat and now find totally unpalatable. The weight is the same as other brands except they are not wasting cardboard by filling it with air.

Pookee

PookeeSunshine Coast

Yum!

Love this cereal! There is a slight difference but otherwise it’s the same! I love that profits go to charity and that it’s up to 93% Australian! If you keep making it I’ll keep buying it!

ALEX

ALEXPerth, WA

Why call it BUSH FOODS when there are no bush foods in it???

This is false advertising. My wife is European and thought she would try some Australian bush food, only to find that there are no bush foods in the cereal. Could not find 2% of the wattle seeds in it.
I used to admire Dick Smith for trying to do the right thing but I think his wealth has changed his attitude.
Don't lie to us Dick!

Is anyone still buying this stuff?

Is anyone coming back for seconds? This used to be hands down the most delicious cereal around. Thankfully version 1.0 was still around just over a year ago when I was going through my morning sickness. It was the only thing I could keep down. If I was given version 2.0 back then, I'm sure I would have projectile vomited the contents right back in your face!

Emma

EmmaGlenorchy

Bring back the old one!

Bush foods was the only relatively nutritional food my partner loved to eat. Now his snacking has turned to chocolate and sweets and has told me not to bother buying it again. Disappointing when you spend near $6 a box and there are so many other cereals available much cheaper.

Judith

JudithSydney

Once my favourite, but no more!

What a pale imitation of what this cereal used to be! Every ingredient is the same beige colour and dry, dusty texture and I'm yet to find any of the promised mango Even the amount of currants seems to have been halved! I can only guess that cost cuts have driven this change. So sad. I'll keep checking the cereal aisle in the hope that the company sees sense and returns to the previous recipe, which was lovely! But I won't be purchasing this again.

Niki

NikiCabarita Beach

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

This use to be our favourite family breakfast cereal - everyone from our 2 year old up to our grandad use to love it. So you can imagine our disappointment when it disappeared off the shelves in the supermarkets and then our excitement when it reappeared again! But...yuk!!! The new recipe is very different and so much sweeter than it use to be. Even our 2 year old won't eat it anymore! I'm not sure why they changed a great Australian breakfast cereal. We no longer buy it and looking at the other reviews many others are disappointed too. Go back to the original recipe Dick!

Brenda

Brendafrankston

It`s all about profit making

This new product is cheap and not enjoyable. I have been buying the original Bush breakfast cereal for years but not any more. So disappointed. If you decide to go back and use original ingredients please let me know.

Why change a good product

Had been buying bush foods for a long time, then they changed it tastes like cardboard. The last box had a grand total of 11/2 macadamia nuts not at all satisfory. Macadamia nuts are the first listed in ingredients. Will be looking for another breakfast cereal.

Chock

ChockAdelaide

BRING BACK THE OLD RECIPE

Please email me back when the old recipe is back on the shelf and ready to buy. My family will be much happier and so will other loyal Dick Smith Bushfoods Breakfast lovers....

pupstars

pupstarsasked

does anyone know how many "Weight Watchers " points apply to the 'Bush Foods Breakfast' ?

kerri

kerriasked

Are you taking your Australian bush food breakfast off the market? Woolies is no longer stocking it, do enjoy this product, thanks Kerri.

Lindsay
Lindsay

They remove the good cereal to replace it with Rubbish . I'm won't be buying it anymore

Joanvdk
Joanvdk

Please see my review above dated today. The product dated after Oct 31st is so much better. Ring the company and they will give you an explanation of why the change.

WendyVasked

How much sugar per serve in Bushfoods Breakfast cereal? Thanks.

Andrea G
Andrea G

9.3 gms from what I can see.

Monica
Monica

Have done some research and find that it is equivalent to approximately three teaspoons of sugar per serve. This of course takes in the fruit content as well. Certainly higher than oats but also more palatable.

WendyV

Thanks Monica..........that helps me balance my sugar intake per day. Meant to have 6 teaspoons per day all up, so better do my sums!