Direct Flights

• Trip Completed Yes (25) · No (335)
  • Ease of Booking

Taylor P.

Taylor P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What an absolute joke!

Cancelled our flights back in May20 due to Covid - 35 weeks later still no refund. Contacted them on the 7/12 and was advised that there is no updated. 23 days later received an email being told it will now be taking another 12-14 weeks as it got lodged on the 3/12. Their email responses never match their previous statements. Ridiculous.

Refund of tickets

Due to COVID I had to request for a refund of the fares I paid. Amazed with the service. Each time I was sending followup email for the refunds I was promptly responded. It did take nearly 9 months for the refund but am glad the refund was done with a minimum fees

Refund received in the end! Prompt replies to queries but refund took 7 months!

With COVID-19 pandemic impacting international travel early 2020 received and requested option from DF for ticket refund in May20. Refund received early Jan21. All email queries regarding refund progress received promptly (same or next day) but the extensions in refunding timing and duration was frustrating. Generally felt confident that refund would be received based on information provided by DF (and after looking into and appreciating the further refund complications for second party flight ticket service providers in do so).

Shyam P.

Shyam P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did take a lot of time but eventually got the refund

13th April 2020 was when I applied for refund and I got it on 8th Jan 2021. There were around 50 emails I sent them and they replied each of them reassuring the refund. All I can say that they did take a lot of time to refund but they eventually did refund my money after deducting $77 per person refund charges. It feels terrible till the time you get refund. Sometimes it feels the refund is not coming but the fact is that I got the refund and all the information above is true.

DINESH S.

DINESH S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service

Due to covid-19 I had to re schedule my flight and it's been a nightmare. They have sent me dates and say we have queued our supplier for the reissue charges for the below preferred dates and will update you at the earliest,. And the earliest Never comes. I have tried Calling there numbers. All of them which directly goes to voicemail or it'll just keep on waiting. I have had 30 minutes of waiting time to talk to someone and finally I had to hangup. i tried emailing them aswell, but no reply there either. As you can in the image I have tried all of there contact numbers.

Geoffrey

GeoffreySouth East Queensland, QLD

Prompt polite service

Refund during covid

I was very happy with direct flights during this covid period I know it took awhile to process.i but I understood the times we were in.i got most of my money back.and have no problem in booking further flights in the future when it gets back to normal again.

Booking TypeFlights

Excellent service in difficult times

I was very impressed with the prompt response I got from Direct Flights after our flights were cancelled due to Covid-19. Our refund was slow but we were kept informed of progress.

salandpete

salandpeteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent communication

In January this year I booked two flights to the UK for different times with different online travel agencies. One was extremely difficult to deal with and a challenge to get my refund, Direct flights was a totally different experience. I initially spoke to them by phone and they advised that there was a 16 week wait for a refund that was due entirely to the airline. After 16 weeks I emailed them and they responded promptly, saying they would ensure their accounts department would be in touch. A few days later I received an email saying my refund would be processed and in my bank account in 7 - 10 days, which it was.
The communication from Direct Flights was excellent and I can only say my experience was a very positive one.

Ripped off DF customer

Ripped off DF customerSydney, NSW

Rip-off merchants

Very professional service

Finally I have received my refund due COVID . I found the staff very efficient and always professional, easy to communicate with. Yes I would use them again once the door opens to travel back to India.

Peter fromTas

Peter fromTasLaunceston, TAS

Happy with end result.

Our initial booking and ticketing experience with Direct Flights was without fault. After covid hit we were, first offered credit for future flights, and then a refund was promised. There was a long delay but eventually refund arrived. We realise that the timing of refund was controlled by airlines, outside of Direct Flights control. At all times it was easy to contact and talk to someone at DF. We would book with DF again.

Booking TypeFlights

Great service during these trying times

Timely on email replies and stayed calm when I was not. Helped us get most of our money back due to CV19 cancellations. Thanks for being patient with me. Much appreciated

Fantastic service!

Fantastic service, especially in trying Covid times. Helped us to get our money back for flights. We're very grateful! Had booked flights in December 2019 and couldn't fly in August 2020 due to Covid.

Mimi28

Mimi28GOLD COAST

Excellent experience all round.

I had booked Singapore Air Business class return flights from Brisbane to London departing July 23 /2020 through DF.
The booking process was very efficient with a good discount.
Those flights were duly cancelled due to Covid19. DF handled the issue professionally and I was kept informed until the refund was paid less a reasonable admin fee.
I would recommend DF and will use their service again.

Louis

LouisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service in uncertain times

We booked two sets of business class tickets with DF for travel in March and August 2020. Unfortunately covid struck and our flights were cancelled. DF assisted us in getting full refunds back from the airlines, which was a lot of money. The processing time (an airline issue was about 8-10 weeks). Given this great service in bad times, we will use DF again in good times ahead!

Excellent Service

We booked tickets to Athens departing July 2020 flying Singapore airlines through Direct Flights. Pricing was fantastic and the handling of flights was very prompt and professional. Due to Covid- 19 our flight was cancelled.Direct Flights kept us well informed and up to date as we waited for our refund to come through. Thank you very much for your wonderful service !!

John C

John CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Pricing & Achieved a Full Fight Refund

We booked business class flights in May 2019 with SAS/Singapore Airlines through Direct Flights. The pricing was very good at the time. The planned trip was for April 2020 Copenhagen/ Milan, not exactly Covid friendly as it turned out. All fights were eventually cancelled by the airlines. In April 2020 we requested a refund through Direct Flights as SAS had indicated they were providing refunds.. Direct Fights communicated regularly during the process which took 6 months but eventually was successful. We will use them again. We know many other people who booked directly with the airlines and have yet to obtain refunds.

Edward

EdwardHunter Region, NSW

Direct Flights excellent service

Direct Flights did numerous booking/re-booking/refunds for my flights related to covid situation. Direct Flights handling of my flights was always professional, fast, and efficient with excellent response time. Five star service!

Booking TypeFlights

Delivered the tickets and then the refund as promised

Direct flights always kept us informed when requested. Response time was usually minutes at any time of the day or week. And they always delivered on their promise. In general, no complaints.

Mandy T.

Mandy T.asked

Prior to contacting the ombudsman, who in management can I talk with? Looking for a solution

Ray
Ray

I sent.them.about 40 emails and called at least 4 times before they relented. They have the absolutely worst service I've ever encountered. All I can say is persevere. I submitted a complaint to Dept of Fair Trade which thankfully I withdrew today. Best of luck Mandy. You'll need patience and.persevereance

Truism girl
Truism girl

I contacted airline directly and put a complaint (Singapore airlines) they said they are not refunding, they gave me a travel voucher for the same amount I paid which is 1000 times better than paying direct flights fees etc. Will never book with any agent again. Learnt my lesson. DO not contact direct flight, contact the higher authority of your airline and complain to them. Direct flights will not help you in any way. They are just there for their own benefit, trying to snatch some money off your refund too.

Davor L.

Davor L.asked

I've been chasing you guys (after you ignoring my emails of falsely promising to get back to me ASAP) now for 2 and a half weeks regarding refund for the tickets you sold me with now defunct airline (over $1,300). As a long term (till now satisfied) customer (I have been purchasing several times from you over the number of years) I find this appalling and I would at least expect you keep me posted about the process, next steps etc. I hope I will be hearing from you at some stage.

Ali Shaheer S.
Ali Shaheer S.

Ive had exactly the same experience with these guys. The service is terrible. Either they dont pick up their phone, or they tell you they will get back to you and never do.

Jennifer B.

Jennifer B.asked

What are you asking for me to send a picture of my card details or my passport? There are many companies that operate online only and they have never asked for this as you have, claiming that to be the reason why

Tracey P.
Tracey P.

Never have I ever...nor should you ever with any company...especially one you are unfamiliar with...not with flight network, BYoJet, momondo...not a one request this and say you can't have your tickets unless you produce them through an email AND after they take your money. I better receive a full refund and I certainly won't use them again

Get an answer from our members and Direct Flights representatives