Listing monitored by Direct Flights

• Trip Completed Yes (29) · No (361)
  • Ease of Booking

Massimo C.
Massimo C.Sydney, NSW

Direct Flights not processing refunds received from Airline

In June 2021 I have instructed Direct Flights to obtain a refund from the airline for my tickets booked in Feb 2020 and cancelled due to the pandemic. In October 2021, after a follow up email, Direct Flights confirmed they have received the refund from the airline. It's now Jan 2022 and I still haven't received the refund. This is a terrible customer service and unacceptable.

Hope I get my refund before I die

So we head into the new year having waited 31 long weeks for direct flights to process my refund, Just hoping its not another 31 weeks before it finally arrives, book with them at your peril.

Sam G.Direct Flights

Dear Steve, Please let us know your ticket number so that we can check your details and let you know. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks Direct Flights Team.

File official complaint through consumer affairs to get a refund

They are refusing to give us a refund too. We filed an official complaint through consumer affairs Victoria as they are violating section 62. To get a refund google consumer affairs complaint template. Email direct flights stating that the email serves as an official complaint and if they do not respond or provide a refund within 10 days then you can officially file a complaint with VCAT. This is for Victorians and believe same services are available in other states as well. Good luck!

Direct Flights delaying refunds without excuse

March 2020 tickets got cancelled by the airline. Refund from Airline was sent September 2020. It is now December 2021 - 1 year and 3 months later, and Direct Flights has still not refunded the amount. Their very courteous staff always make excuses and deflect to the Accounts department and Higher Management, and have made several mistakes including claiming that I had airline vouchers giving me hopes when in fact the amount was actually refunded by the airline. I have made no less than ten pleas through emails and calls during dire need, and still no refund.

Saini
SainiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund takes more than 2 years. Ridiculous service. Scam.

I booked ticket in september 2019 for flight in march 2020. I understand the flight got cancelled due to covid. Its above 2 years now and I am still waiting for the refund. Everytime I email customer service, I get the same answer. Please do not book tickets from this agent. They will not refund your money.

Tom
Tom

So, SO very bad.....

The booking process with direct flights through sky scanner was no problem. Happy to take the booking and cash. When there were ANY curveballs whatsoever, the customer service was just awful. Days to respond to any requests, and then issues were not sufficiently resolved, causing further delays. Over an hour wait time on calls - which were again subsequently not resolved. Promised resolution only in the end for them to hand control of the booking over to the airline causing further delays, and ended up out of pocket $2500. They have taken no responsibility of this and unfortunately AFTA were unable to assist as they were downsized during COVID.

Flights are a good price, but book at your own risk.

Ease of Booking
Huy L
Huy LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you're here reading the reviews, you have been warned. Hang on to your hard earn money and spend it elsewhere

It takes this company 5secs to process your payment but when it comes to refund, I've been waiting for 18months. They would assure you that your money will be processed in a months time and my money would've probably been processed 18times by now. Do not spend your money here because you will probably never see it again. I would reckon that people starts reporting them to consumer affairs because I seriously doubt their ability to meet their promise of refunding. Oh on top of that, you'd have to pay $80 admin fee per person for the privilege of waiting for 2 years to get your money back. If this is not a joke of a business, I don't know what is

Trang C.
Trang C.

Do Not Book Your Flights With Them

We are still waiting for our refund after ONE AND HALF YEARS. Always received the same response they were being processed and obviously they weren't. Ridiculous service! Always succeed in failing their promises.

Ren
RenSydney Surrounds, NSW

They are horrible.

They are horrible. All talk and no action. The air line refunded my money 6 weeks ago and they are still sitting on money! I keep emailing them and they respond kindly but nothing changes! They claim they are busy!

RayPerth, WA

Waiting 18 months on a refund

My flight got cancelled on me in April 2020 due to Covid-19. They will not give me my refund. I have been in contact with them regularly but they keep saying the refund is in its final stage

chandrakanth b.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst service Never go with them

Had a booking from 2020 and the flight got cancelled. Never got any refund or credit. They are cheaters and loot people. Worst customer service, their phones don’t work and they don’t respond to emails either.

chandrakanth b.

I have now requested a refund as I’m back in Australia and Malaysian airlines didn’t run any flights and I had to come other ways. Please provide refund ASAP.

chandrakanth b.

It’s been almost a month now and team says waiting for response and never respond to me about refund. Stay away from them.

Worst service

I had contact to cancel the flight due to covid situation since last year. I wasn’t my fault the flight was cancelled. They wont let me rebook the flight nor keep a credit. They only asked me to get the refund with compulsory cancellation fee! Worst communication and the slowest process with everything. I still don’t get my refund tho. Once and never again. I won’t recommend !

Find out how Direct Flights compares to other Booking Services

Unreliable and unethical business practice

Customer service is very poor. They were very proactive until the payments were paid for the trip. But it was very hard to get any service afterwards. I had to reschedule my flights and after receiving an email confirmation for refund, I never received a cent! I gave up after several emails and phone calls. Hopefully company directors of Direct Flights going to fix their issues before vanishing like WEBJET.

Nixonbaby
NixonbabyNew South Wales

Finally a positive outcome - update to previous negative review

Update to earlier post.

Like others, we had a smooth booking experience. When we finally decided to cancel out flights due to the Covid pandemic, we were told to wait 3-4 months for the refund. We waited a lot longer than that and sent emails to check in regularly. To Direct Flight’s credit, they always responded to our emails courteously during an obviously tough time for travel. We did become impatient and almost gave up when out of the blue we received an email to say that our refund was coming through and it arrived in our account a couple of days later. Hang in there if you’re waiting for a refund, it should come! Thank you to Direct Flights for staying true to your word.

Sam G.Direct Flights

Dear Sir , We are so grateful for your kind words and appreciate that you have shared your positive review with the community.

Kiran K.

Awaiting for refunds to be processed but they are not ashamed to full admin charges for processing

Awaiting for refunds to be processed more than 7 months, but they are not ashamed to charge full appaling admin fee apart of airline charges for processing the refund. Customer service is very poor and nobody picks the phone most of the time.

Ease of Booking
Booking TypeFlights

Mandy T.
Mandy T.asked

Prior to contacting the ombudsman, who in management can I talk with? Looking for a solution

Ray

I sent.them.about 40 emails and called at least 4 times before they relented. They have the absolutely worst service I've ever encountered. All I can say is persevere. I submitted a complaint to Dept of Fair Trade which thankfully I withdrew today. Best of luck Mandy. You'll need patience and.persevereance

Truism girl
Truism girl

I contacted airline directly and put a complaint (Singapore airlines) they said they are not refunding, they gave me a travel voucher for the same amount I paid which is 1000 times better than paying direct flights fees etc. Will never book with any agent again. Learnt my lesson. DO not contact direct flight, contact the higher authority of your airline and complain to them. Direct flights will not help you in any way. They are just there for their own benefit, trying to snatch some money off your refund too.

Davor L.
Davor L.asked

I've been chasing you guys (after you ignoring my emails of falsely promising to get back to me ASAP) now for 2 and a half weeks regarding refund for the tickets you sold me with now defunct airline (over $1,300). As a long term (till now satisfied) customer (I have been purchasing several times from you over the number of years) I find this appalling and I would at least expect you keep me posted about the process, next steps etc. I hope I will be hearing from you at some stage.

Ali Shaheer S.
Ali Shaheer S.

Ive had exactly the same experience with these guys. The service is terrible. Either they dont pick up their phone, or they tell you they will get back to you and never do.

Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.asked

What are you asking for me to send a picture of my card details or my passport? There are many companies that operate online only and they have never asked for this as you have, claiming that to be the reason why

Tracey P.
Tracey P.

Never have I ever...nor should you ever with any company...especially one you are unfamiliar with...not with flight network, BYoJet, momondo...not a one request this and say you can't have your tickets unless you produce them through an email AND after they take your money. I better receive a full refund and I certainly won't use them again

Get an answer from our members and Direct Flights representatives