DC Cameras & Optics

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (34)

Robbery

Disabled pensioner paid over $1100 in March for binoculars. Never received. Cannot get them to answer by phone or emails.

LaraDC Cameras & Optics

Hi Wiley, sorry to hear that, can I please get your order number so I can find out about your order?

Wiley
Wiley

Order 100056431

Criminals

Purchased (or at least paid) over a year ago - still no lens, doesnt answer phone or respond to email.
NEVER deal with these despicable criminals

humby66

humby66Palmerston, NT

Thieves

Ordered a flash reflector plate over a year ago. Multiple attempts to get a refund after the item did not get posted have resulted in nothing. Emails do not get answered, and phone calls (if answered at all) just result in empty promises to look into the issue. Do not waste money on these scammers.

LaraDC Cameras & Optics

Hi, very sorry to hear that, can I please get your order number so I can solve the problem for you?

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how DC Cameras & Optics compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

K-Lee

K-LeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Product Delivery was prompt and the prices are reasonable.

Dee

DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Customer Service & Prompt Delivery (Canon G7X Mark ii)

I came on here a couple of days ago to see what everyone is saying (review/feedback) about the DC Camera & Optics shop seeing that this was one of the only two camera shops that accepts AfterPay and stocks the Canon G7X Mark ii at a good price. Seeing such negative reviews was very discouraging. However, I needed this camera. I reached out to their customer service and enquired on their delivery guarantee and was served by Fariba. Fariba was kind enough to answer the many questions I had. I purchased by camera 2 days ago, paid express post, and received it yesterday. I live in Brisbane. The packaging was perfect and protected my camera. I would purchase from these guys again.

Product PurchasedCanon Powershot G7X II
Ben

BenSydney, NSW

DC Cameras have always been great. Covid-19 people ever heard of it.

Not happy

Ordered product over a month ago and hasn't arrived, tried to call the 1300 number message bank is full and no one answers. Have tried to contact afterpay and no reply

Still waiting for my manfrotto ball head. Payment cleared 21 days ago. Nothing. DC don't answer .Call bank r charge back

dissatisfied with the lack of service, bought a Manfrotto ball head,21 days ago. Only thing quick was the speed of cashing in. As yet, bo Manfrotto, feedback or apology. Avoid this group, read reviews.

Order not delivered

I ordered a microphone worth $280 in June. Not yet delivered. Called and spoke to someone in July who promised it was to be delivered. Now in September 2020. No one answers calls or respond to emails about wanting to be refunded.
This is disheartening. Stealing at its best.
Please don't tell me this is fake business you are advertising online.

I need my money back

Product PurchasedMicrophone

kervin s.

kervin s.Sydney, NSW

Ridiculous

I've ordered a camera and saw that they were in partnership with afterpay and thought they would be good. normally don't write reviews but this is just ridiculous. I've called them numerous time during the day for the last 2 weeks and I've only got ahold of them once and that was it. This company is a joke. Never buying from them again. If only I could give zero stars I would. Not even worth 1 star.

Sarah M.

Sarah M.Hunter Region, NSW

Have not received my binoculars

After 15 emails and 6 calls still no goods!! Voice mail full so can’t leave a message. Ringing consumer affairs tomorrow!! Do not buy from these. Total scammers!!! $280 pair of binoculars down the plug I guess!!!

Nelson

NelsonCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Never got my lense nor my refund

was promise a delivery by 21/7/2020 and did not hear a thing, so called 3 times and finally, talked to customer service manager and asked for arefund and still waiting

Product Purchasednever got it

Great product excellent customer service super fast delivery

Great customer service.. great product... super fast delivery... After ordering and reading these reviews I was very worried I called up they were great to deal with and very helpful had my package within 4 days awesome thank you..

Product PurchasedCanon EOS 200D
Don

DonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Warning do not purchase from this company

I placed an order in June. After 4 weeks I rang about 50 times and the phone just rings out. I sent emails but never had a response. It has now been 7 week since I paid over $600 for my item and still no reply. This is my experience so please beware. I should have read the reviews first.

Lawrence

LawrenceSt Arnaud

Thieves and frauds

Rod M

Rod MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THIEVES, they take the $s and then NOTHING. No reply to messages, or phone. My bank investigated the FRAUD. A refund :)

A decent website. Easy to locate and place an order for what I presume is "fake stock". Unfortunately, it's run by corrupt operators who undercut the prices offered by legitimate online resellers.
Not sure if my bank recovered the $829 from the merchant or took it on the chin.

Product PurchasedOlympus 12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens

It's a scam

I should've read this reviews before placed order. Now I cannot contact anyone.
No phone or email response
last call was with Fiona she said she will contact me but where is she now?

RIP my money

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Camera lens sent in for repair

Sent lens in for repair mid May upon conformation from [name removed], a customer care rep that was very helpful with looking into my account to view the options available to me. I was given the PO Box to send the item to. Unfortunately I am yet to receive a response to any one of my contact attempts.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

DC (more like D&C) - Not good enough.

DO NOT USE DC CAMERAS. THEY WILL NOT DELIVER.
Just like everyone else. Placed an order more than a month ago. Multiple emails and calls. Phone is always left off the hook - possibly intentionaly permanently unplugged. Just like everyone else - my emails to them were never answered.

Hunter

Hunter

Non responsive or scam company?

I want to place an order for an expensive lens with DC Cameras. There prices are substantially lower than the competition which is suspicious. I have tried emailing and phoning numerous times about availability, origin eg. are they new, ex rental or used lenses to achieve these prices but no response or answer to phone calls or email. I assume this is a scam set up.

Capri

Capriasked

Online store

Check your emails and respond

Tyler S.asked

DC Cameras & Optics

Can you please under my emails or atleast pick up your phone? I've been trying to get in contact with someone for the last 4 months and no one has replied. I sent a flash back to get replaced as it was faulty, you've taken my flash and said you sent it to canon. However I've been in contact with canon and they said they have not recieved anything from you. Please respond

Cris
Cris

They don’t respond to email .. if you’re lucky you can get them by phone

Tyler S.

Been trying that for the last 4 months to haha, either it rings out of says line busy, however the answered my mum and she asked why and they said road works disrupt the phone lines and then she asked about me and then they hung up haha

Belle Tasked

DC Cameras & Optics

Hello, I bought a flash for my camera last week and have not received a shipping number? I have sent three emails and no one has responded.

Matthew B.
Matthew B.

The phone number is no longer connected, they take there time to reply to emails, but when they did they were helpful, ask for a tracking number, also attach a copy of your purchase invoice with the ID number that may help

Alan Bruce
Alan Bruce

I made a paypal claim straight away and received a full refund, they are scammers , they would not answer PayPal’s request for information. You have to make a claim with whoever you used to pay for your item. Alan.

Belle T

Thanks for all the help guys.
But I actually just used afterpay to pay for it.. do you think I should contact afterpay? I'm so upset that I didn't read the reviews first.
How can they get away with this over and over again?

Get an answer from our members and DC Cameras & Optics representatives