Discover Australia Holidays

Discover Australia Holidays

Listing monitored by Discover Australia Holidays

• Trip Completed Yes (41) · No (62)
  • Ease of Booking

Lyndash
LyndashHunter Region, NSW

Do not book with this firm

This firm is dodgy. Buyer beware.
Our dealings are a repeat of previous reviews including unsatisfactory contact by phone or email. Unable to provide alternative dates due to Co-vid cancellation but take out 20% cancellation fee. No customer service at all
2yrs of continual lies, deceit & unethical practices
Please read all reviews there is a pattern

KDG
KDGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience with zero honesty and nil customer service

Due to Covid our hotel booking had to be canceled so we were issued with a “forward credit” to use later. Fast forward one year when we asked to rebook the same hotel. To summarize 20+ phone calls later by me (often being put on hold for up to an hour) with promises to email me & phone me back to confirm the booking. After 3+ weeks out of desperation I became rather nasty/ angry snd extremely rude to the consultant I was dealing with (always the same person)
After a month and uncovering continual lies, deceit & unethical practices with threats to take them to court we finally got a refund.
Read the reviews and I urge you never to use this Travel Agency to book any trip
If owed money don’t give up ever
Insist on getting your money back

The worst collection of people I’ve ever dealt with

Gregory Lowe
Gregory Lowe

Very poor company to deal with.

We are booked for a train and river cruise holiday for 18th May and after many phone calls and promises we still have NO documentation for travel.. I am now again on hold to yet another call centre. Just got off hold - no result. I will never use this company again. Very poor to deal with. Looks like another legal battle looming just like some of the other reviews.

Find out how Discover Australia Holidays compares to other Booking Services

Discover Australia, worst company to deal with.

Rosie
Rosie

Rubbish company

I have been trying to book with DA using the credit I have from a Covid cancelled trip from 2021.
My experience has been similar to others - unanswered emails, no information about how credit can be used to rebook.(Other companies give a certificate of credit), no-one who answers has any information and cannot put you in touch with a supervisor. They just say you'll be contacted in a couple of weeks.
It's daylight robbery -holding onto our credit, refusing to give a refund but lack of information on how to use the credit.
What a let down for a company using the name Australia in their title.

Jeanette
JeanetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Trip over with this company

STEVE
STEVE

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!

Holiday Max / Discover Australia are the same company & are very dishonest , phone calls are fobbed off & never returned , emails are completely ignored don't book with them there are plenty of honest companies in Australia & this isn't one of them , would hate people to go through what we had to trying to get back what was owed to us & you will never get it all back that's their MO

Not Happy with this company

D/Aust shouldnt be able to treat people the way they do. They don't follow up any mistakes they do. It is impossible to have anyone return your calls and emails they won't return our money that is owing to us the are a absolute disgrace would recommend you not book any holidays with them they only make it so stressful.

Kat
Kat

I’m beginning to dread our trip instead of looking forward to it.

We are due to travel with this company soon and have received no paperwork or times for our trip at all. The times we do have came from other companies, for instance the airline contacted us with flight details. There has been no brochure or leaflet describing our holiday - we don’t even know where we will be staying. Part of the joy of a holiday is in the anticipation, yet I am beginning to dread our forthcoming trip. What an expensive let-down.

Wendy M
Wendy MAU

Still waiting for travel documentation

Don't Book with this company

Booked a $16,000 trip on the Indan Pacific and touring around Perth with these guys for Sept 2020. Was cancelled due to Covid and we were told the train won't refund. They rebooked us for April this year and I emailed them straight away to say we couldn't travel as we are in NZ and couldn't get back without doing MIQ. They just refuse to answer us by email or phone call. We are distraught to think we will lose all this money and we are pensioners. They are terrible and I cannot stress enough Do Not Use them under any circumstances. The apparent only person who can help us is the one and only booking agent and she refuses to answer the phone. It is just not good enough. What can we do from NZ? Nothing just get ripped off

The Worst Travel Company - DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, AVOID

Don’t Use This Company

Discover Australia and their international division Holiday Max are hideous to deal with. Never answer phone, or say they will pass on a message, that never happens. Never reply to emails. Say they are 2 separate companies, but share a physical address and ABN. While they hold our credit to random, squeezed more money out of us. When a prepaid jumping crocodiles tour failed to arrive, now fighting for a refund. I just want to delete the whole miserable experience I have had with them and move on with my life. But DO want to warn others

Ernie
ErnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Haven't had my holiday yet, but service is the worst.

Booked and paid for our holiday june 2021 and due to medical issues have been trying to change it to 2023. Have been trying for 4 months to get answers as to wether the original holiday has been cancelled and rebooked, but have made at least twenty phone calls, sent emails all to no avail. If they can't get this simple request for information right what hope do we have with getting our holiday right. I have lost all confidence in Discovery Australia and would cancel our holiday but cancellation will cost us probably $2000 of our $8000 dollar holiday. These people are not what we hoped for and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Peter
Peterasked

Is it normal to pay full cost of train trips 15 months ahead of the actual trip?. It seems very strange. Peter

John

No it is definitely NOT! Do not book with these people - Super shonky. We are submitting complaints to A Current Affair - ACCC and any forum that we can find.

JamesBond007
JamesBond007

No, does not sound normal. Contact Kuranda Railway direct and they have pick up and drop off from Cairns.
For bookings call 1800 KSRAIL(577 245) in Australia
+61 7 4231-9045 outside Australia

Diane C
Diane Casked

Sounds bad here we were just about to book a 9 day tour syndney Perth on Indian pacific

kanne

I couldn't agree more. I have booked my trip on the Indian Pacific with Beyond Rail. So many travellers we ran into had horrific experiences with Discover Australia. Don't book with them!!!

Dawn G
Dawn Gasked

Why doesn't this company answer their phones. Promise the world and deliver disappointment. Do not use them.

John

I have also written to a Current Affair and I agree that if more people write then there will be a better chance of it being investigated. This company needs to be exposed!!

Patsy M.