Discover Australia Holidays

Discover Australia Holidays

• Trip Completed Yes (22) · No (30)
  • Ease of Booking

What a disaster

Not answering emails, documents received 2 days before departure, no information on train departure, paid extra for a hotel upgrade but was a downgrade. Very stressful!!! Not replying to complaints!!

Hideous, avoid entirely!!

So many negatives, incredibly hard to get in contact, not enough information, immensely difficult to change anything. Never, ever again. I wish I had read these reviews before I booked

Do this company ever answer the phone?

How do I contact this company - they don't answer the phone or respond to emails! Any suggestions other than don't book with them again? I can't believe that is an "unprecedented and massive spike in demand!"

Judith

Judith

Poor Accommodation

Just returned from Uluru and Alice Springs ,fabulous content and trips but let down by very bad accommodation in Alice Springs ,shabby room ,no proper breakfast and no help from booking company when we complained ..

Its true

We booked a holiday on the Ghan, the advertisements say you can customize your trip. This is not the case as they never return your calls or confirm things like hotels, what flights your on, and what off-train journeys you can do so you miss out. I think they are too busy taking new bookings rather than supporting the bookings they have. Despite them telling you that your final documentation will be sent 30 days before the trip you don't receive it until one week if you're lucky. I agree with what others have said book the trip yourself with Journey Beyond Rail. I will not be booking with them again.

tanya

tanyaSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware

Edward E.

Edward E.Sydney, NSW

Horrible- don’t book hotels with them

Call day hotel through this company. I went to the hotel and the booking was not processed. I had to purchase a new room, and now I am having massive difficulties getting in touch with the company and trying to sort out a refund. It is terrible customer service and after reading the reviews I am sorry I did not check prior to booking.

lynette fong

lynette fongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

avoid using this company

Kelli

KelliSouth East Queensland, QLD

This has been the worst experience I have ever had to deal with

Worst customer service
Did not meet my expectations on what is offered via there site
Worst experience when covid hit & had to change the booking. Trying to get back in touch with them was impossible

Find out how Discover Australia Holidays compares to other Booking Services

Save yourself the stress and do not use this company.

Blackcat123

Blackcat123Illawarra, NSW

Worst company I have ever used.

I booked for 4 people on an Indian Pacific package in July 2019. I have just returned. At no time did Discover contact me. When I called after a 45 minute wait I would get a very unhelpful person and my questions left unanswered. No information was provided other than the basic I got when booking. The only reason we had a good holiday was my continual follow up the individual excursions. The hotel in Perth was old, grubby and the service almost non existent. We were to have breakfast however our coach pickups were before the breakfast opened. These people are completely hopeless. Don't book with them. Absolute shockers.

Kumar

KumarSydney, NSW

Dreadful customer service.

I made a booking last year Feb 2020 to travel by Ghan to Alice Springs and had to cancel the travel due to Covid restrictions and border closure. The company put my booking on hold. I am trying to rebook this year. They have a dreadful customer service. You can never get to talk to any customer service specialist. Every time I call, I only reach a receptionist, who would take my phone number and say she would get somebody to call back. But nobody ever calls back.

Ease of Booking

Very unsatisfactory Service

Phoned to book a tour with Ghan and 1 of the tours around Adelaide and Murray Princess. Was told they were extremely busy & would take a couple days for quote. 5 days later rang to speak to the travel specialist I had dealt with. This was after waiting on line several times for hours and phone either dropping out or I gave up. The person said she would get specialist to call me. Phoned again next 2 days, with promise the specialist would phone me. Never happened. Day 8 phoned another company & got quotes and booking confirmed next day. Would never try to book with DiscoverAustralia again, especially after reading other reviews. Obviously they are very understaffed!

Hopeless - Get yourselves sorted!

Called to make a booking from an advert I saw in the Travel section of a newspaper. The girl I spoke to said she will get back to me with a confirmation. Followed this up with an email. Over a week and no reply. Called 4 times and was on hold for approx. 20 mins only to have the call hang up. Finally got through and the tour I wanted was sold out. Why could you not confirm it the same day? How are you still a business?!

Dab

DabSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful after sales service

Poor customer service. Misleading advertising

Holidays advertised online found to be unavailable after booking and providing personal information. Holidays still advertised even though they can't provide the product. Dreadful customer service when unavailability explained. Don't book with this company.

Deb W

Deb WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

TOTAL SHAMBLES

I am currently fighting for 6 months to get my booking completed Every week I ring and they tell me it will be done by next week. Never happens All my tours are booked but no accommodation and no flights Bit hard to have a holiday if I can't get there. Absolutely disgusting customer service. [Legal Threat Removed]

AllaraPerth, WA

Please get in touch

I’m still waiting for [Name Removed] to contact me does he actually work there? I cannot believe how customers and staff are treated. It is not a laughing matter when terminal ill customers are told no to a refund that they are entitled to it. Very upsetting to hear the abuse in the background on the phone from a senior older woman shouting at staff who goes under several namesi believe real name [Name Removed]. Does this company get away from rules and regulations because [Name Removed] has friends in government departments?

Sharon Harris

Sharon HarrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Book with someone else!

Ease of Booking
Mark

Mark Sydney, NSW

Don't deal with this mob

Marie C.

Marie C.asked

Insurance details please

Allara

You have sent me insurance details please addressed to Hi Allara you have messaged the wrong person which is understandable in your situation.

John.H

John.Hasked

Would like to know how to get my money back due Covid 19 cancellation? It is not possible to travel because we cannot leave Victoria and the WA border is closed. We are pensioners and in that dangerous age group. We also have limited financial resources. We cannot get a straight answer from either Discover Australia or Southern Rail who operate the Indian Pacific. Perhaps Mr Harding who owns this Company can do something to help achieve a refund, considering Discover Australia have benn holding the full payment since March 2020.

The wine doctor
The wine doctor

Hi John, I am in the same position as you. I was so angry with the company. They were shocking to me on the phone, refused to give me the money just kept delaying the trip, again and again, and again. now it is supported to be next year . They pointed out that the rebook needs to be in one of their discounted periods or I have pay more. I have reported them to the ACCC. My advice don't travel with them but the reality is that it is too late!

Meegs
Meegs

Hi guys. Definately c.c the director into your email. I emailed a Legal letter of Demand to Discover Australia Holidays on [Emails Removed]. I recieved payment within 24 hours.

SandyP
SandyP

I only dealt with them once, in 2019, and would not ever go with them again. There were issues with price rises, issues with failed bookings, botched bookings, all in all, dealing with them last a nasty taste in my mouth.
I wish you all the best - if this company is registered with an Australian Tourism body then maybe contact them as well as ACCC

TomCia

TomCiaasked

I'm seeking accommodation in Byron Bay from Sept 30th to October 14th. Can anyone offer suggestions

See all Discover Australia Holidays questions