Hoover 5013PH Dog and Cat T4008

Hoover 5013PH Dog and Cat T4008

Listing monitored by Hoover

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (15) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (12)

Kim F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A vacuum cleaner that really does the job.

I purchased this vac about 2 years ago and it has made cleaning my huge house a breeze. I have 2 cats and one being a long haired fluff ball who leaves his fur everywhere I needed a good cleaner to help lift the fluff with much effort and this cleaner with its rotor brush mechanism is just fantastic. You do need to make sure you thoroughly clean all filters and ensure the rotor brush is free of hair etc to achieve best results. Would highly recommend and the price is very affordable unlike most well performing vacuums.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys for $100.00.

Magzley
MagzleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent for its price

Does a great job for this price range. I like the variable suction speed. A bit noisy at top speed is the only con I see with the vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in March 2021 at Godfreys for $169.00.

SGibson007
SGibson007Victoria, Australia

I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Until I bought this https://www.godfreys.com.au/hoover-dog-cat-turbo-bagless-vacuum-cleaner-1 I had a Dyson for probably 16 years, and new had a problem, but sadly it died, and I bought this https://www.godfreys.com.au/hoover-dog-cat-turbo-bagless-vacuum-cleaner-1 I'm very disappointed, the powerhead is almost impossible to push, and considering is a dog and cat vacuum, pet hair clogs up around the filter, and subsequently the machine loses power - there is nothing that would recommend about this machine, very disappointed.

Purchased in July 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for $198.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover 5013PH Dog and Cat T4008 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Jessica D.
Jessica D.Hobart, TAS

Excellent vacuum for the price

Purchased in June 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for $149.00.

TELLITHOWITIS
TELLITHOWITISSydney, NSW

Worst vacuum ever

Don't ever put your fingers in the head if it's blocked because you will slice your finger as it's razor sharp!!! Yes, I sustained a deep cut. Also, emptying the vacuum is a nightmare. The pet fur and hair gets tightly woven tightly around a circle part in the canister (extremely poor design) and you have to physically pull it out with your hands whilst dust is going everywhere and in your face. Avoid if you have a dust allergy!!! Terrible design. Biggest regret buying this!!!

Purchased at Godfreys for $149.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Angie
AngieSydney, NSW

Great buy, pet friendly

Very good quality for a everyday vacuum. I have cats, fur everywhere. Smell goes with it. I bought a attachment hard floors made a difference. Well price for what your getting.

Purchased in July 2020 at Godfreys for $149.00.

Anne
Anne

not happy with this

constantly blocking. I agree with Lily. A quick job takes an hour and am dusty and dirty at end of it. Filter needs cleaning every use and is full constantly.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $100.00.

Jen
JenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great suction. Cheap and nasty parts

Purchased in the January sales. Nearly took it back the same day as suction was terrible. THEN I noticed a dial that adjusts vacuum intensity. It's great.
That's it for good points.
The cable is ridiculously short.
The collection container needs emptying every time (3 bedroom house, half carpeted, half laminate / tiles).
The carpet turbo head broke within 3 months, and needed to be replaced.
The plastic to metal connections constantly fall apart.
The other regular floor head just snapped off under no tension whilst in its holding position on the end of the machine.
The vacuum suction is great. The rest is frustratingly awful.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $100.00.

Maureen
MaureenSydney, NSW

some problems with emptying

Good suction, does a good job removing hair, grass, bindii etc... from carpet and tiles however cleaning the turbo brush and emptying the chamber are very disappointing.
I have two long haired afghan hounds and I vacuum every second day, but I need to use scissors to pull the hair out of the chamber because the hair and debris clog it up, same with the turbo brush.
By the time I get all the debris out of the brush and chamber I am covered with it and yearning for a good old vacuum bag.

Purchased in November 2019 at Godfreys for $98.00.

Renee m
Renee mNSW, 2038

You think it is good until you actually use soemthing else after it!

Had this vacuum and it appeared OK to the naked eye, it appeared I had vacuumed but what I noticed is that the cat hair on my carpet was reappearing almost overnight (my guess was that it was still deep in the carpet and lifting). Well I vacuumed on the Saturday, looked ok. Redid Sunday, looked better. My Dyson Animal V8 arrived on Monday, and i went over the whole house and oh, my, god. The barrel was FULL within minutes! I was disgusted. YUCK! Don't waste your money, invest in something proper!

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for $199.00.

RainyIllawarra, NSW

If this can pick up cat litter on an old part-shaggy carpet, it can pick up anything (including pet hair)

Literally the worst vacuum I’ve ever used

Suction was extremely poor from the start, now it just gets blocked constantly. Makes a 10 minute job take an hour, I can’t stand it. I’ve only had it 4 months, and have only been using it on barely messy carpets.

Purchased in February 2019 for $100.00.

Creedence M.
Creedence M.Perth, WA

Great power

I have only had this vacuum for a couple of months but love it so far. We have two dogs that shed no stop and it does an amazing job and getting most of the stubborn hair out of our carpet. After purchasing for $99, I’m very happy with the quality for the price of the product.

However, the vacuum hose doesn’t clip into anywhere on the vacuum which is quite annoying for storage of it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $99.00.

unhappyblanco
unhappyblancoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent vacuum shame nowhere to clip / store the hose

Neat vacuum, very easy to move and great colour with a very powerful suction which is great with collecting cat and dog hairs and firballs. The ONLY downside is there's nowhere to clip on the hose when storing it. My previous vacs you could slot the hose into the base standing upwards so its not sprawled over the utility floor. Poor design in that respect but otherwise we're really pleased with it. Great value and quality - would have scored top had the hose clipped into the base to stand upright.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $98.00.

MarianaSydney, NSW

Lasted 2 years exactly

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys for $199.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Paula Townshendasked

what does the maximum level mean and how can I fix it? The light stays on even after I've emptied the dust container.

Hi Paula,
This light is indicating that there is a blockage in the machine, blockages can occur in the head, rod, hose and filters.
We would also recommend to check if the filters are due for replacement, it is recommended to replace them every 6-12 months.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Rainy

I know exactly what you're talking about because the same thing happened to me. I would definitely put this down to bad instuctions in the manual. Here is how to fix it:
1. Push the red button on the top (the one closest to the word "Hoover". Turn that part of the vac. cleaner upsidedown. At the bottom of the filter push the black square piece, which will release the top (remember, it's upside down). Tip the dirt out. You will think you have emptied it, but in this next step you will get the shock of your life when you see the amount of dirt is still there. It helps to do this part anywhere where there is no carpet & wearing gloves. THE FIX: Inside the part that you just emptied, on the right side inside the empty section (the filter part is facing you) there is a round black tube-like structure (this why you are wearing gloves). Put yout hand around it & turn it to your left (anticlockwise). At first, it might be tight (mine was) so I just turned it harder. Pull it out & watch the dirt fall out. Amazing how much dirt is still in there, 'ay? Put the black tube back in, turning it to the right (clockwise). Before closing it, take the white filter out. If the colour is tan or brownish, the filter is really dirty, so clean that as well. You can scrape the dirt off with your hand if you like. If you think there is a piece of thick tan spongy thing, it is just another load of dirt.
Place the filter back, close the top of the dirt holder, canister, or whatever you want to call it. Place the canister back in the vac cleaner. Plug it in & turn it on. The light should go off. I'm not sure which "max" you are talking about because I haven't got the manual in front of me. If you are talking about the large red button on the top, turn it all the way to the right. It is noisy, but the machine will have more power to pick up more things. I assume that would depend on how thick your carpet is, but you definitely wont need to put it that high if you are picking up things on a non-carpeted floor. Before you vacuum, pick up small things off the floor (paper clips, paper, etc.). I have heard that kitty litter that has been tracked onto a carpet can actually clog & even break a vac. cleaner. I use the catlux litter in the purple bag (Woolies + Coles) that is actually tiny chips of wood. It's also soft on their little paws. I wouldn't take the chance of vacuuming up crystal litter, but you can if you want. With all other vacuums I've used, vacuuming up the litter I use, was impossible. I put this down to an old shaggy carpet, but the carpet wasn't the problem, the vacuum cleaners were. Miraculously, this vac. pics it up perfectly without any problem. I personally think that the problem using this vac is the instruction manual. Maybe it was written by someone who never used it or maybe never even vacuumed before, but cleaning out the dirt instructions are really terrible. People who write manuals should have to use them first. Well, that's what I think anyway. NOTE: I wrote this as I cleaned my vac to write this answer, so that I could tell you exactly what I was doing. I hope these instructions are clear. If you need any further info. just let me know. If I can help, I certainly will. Cheers!

Paula Townshend

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Mel
Melasked

Can I reverse the suction . If yes how do I do it?

Maged
Magedasked

Where I can buy filter for hover model 5013 ph and how much? thanks

Kath G
Kath G

get in touch with your nearest Godfreys they will help you with this.

Humpty
Humpty

godfreys

See all Hoover 5013PH Dog and Cat T4008 questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners