Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

Lucinda R.

Lucinda R.Central West, NSW

Best investment for our Family

Did a lot of research and invested in the Dolphin M500 by Maytronics, Wow!! it is amazing we moved into our new home and the pool hadn't been cleaned for a while, we had it in the pool for the day and by the end of the day our pool was Crystal Clear, so easy to operate and it does all the work for you.

Purchased in June 2019 for $2,600.00.

Gina

GinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This has made our lives easy!!!!

Having a horrible tree next door we have always had problems with leaves, the dolphin M500 makes life so much easier now, it picks them up brilliantly. We have had to use the fine filters only once so far to pick up the very fine sediment that is on the bottom of the pool. I have to say the only thing is that it is a bit heavy especially when first taking it out of the pool, but the work it does outweighs that.
Extremely happy with the product!!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Pool Size Large
Cameron E.

Cameron E.Perth, WA

Works well when it actually runs

Purchased in December 2014 for $2,100.00.

Peter from Brisbane

Peter from BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY

I have had nothing but trouble with this cleaner, 11 visits to pool shop to have it repaired over 5 years, only to be told that nothing was wrong with it or user error! I mean come on you put the cleaner in the pool and press start right! New motor, new bearings twice, changed the cable, power supply and on the control panel, remote unit did not even bother with that and finally a motherboard and now I am told that it to upgrade to the newer. NO thanks Maytronics the contempt and lack of empathy shown by you and your agent is outrageous and I will never send anymore of my hard earned money your way again.

Purchased in September 2014 for $1,950.00.

June LBanksia Beach

Suggest there's better value elsewhere.

We purchased our Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 for $2499 on 13/11/2013 after being assured it was the best robot cleaner -- with 36 month warranty. Worked well till 9/05/17 when it had to be fitted with a new motherboard cost $398 after a discount due to my complaining that such an expensive item should have lasted longer. In Dec 2018 it stopped working again. Have just received quote for repairs (note how long it has taken for quote to be given - 2 months). Quote is around $1100. Needs new motor, etc etc. Very disappointed with the reliability of this product. And the pool shop suggests we buy another of the same brand!!

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi June. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you to understand what is happening with your robot.

M500

I purchased a home that came with the dolphin m500 it switches off after 5 minutes of use can someone please help me I’m in Sydney Australia. Remote is all damaged on inside. Need new remote also. Will it cost a fortune to repair replace items on this thing. Also what would people recommend for a pebble Crete pool 65000litres

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Carl J.Chesapeake

Not a reliable product

Purchased our M-500 two months ago based on the product claiming to clean the pool more efficiently and the product operating on low voltage. There are no trees near our pool, so the Dolphin is simply used to scrub the pool liner surface.

Trouble immediately out of the box with difficulty pairing the Dolphin to my Samsung phone. Additionally, within two months after purchaee, the M-500 does not operate and I already need to take the product in for repair. I should have known that the M-500 is discontinued.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Carl, thanks for the update glad to hear your Dolphin is going well.

Andy B

Andy BNorth Rocks

Amazing

This cleaner is fantastic! I have owned the M500 since last Summer and havent had any complaints. It cleans the walls and floor and filters the pool water at the same time. I can go on Holidays and set the timer to clean my pool every three days and when I come home the pool is clean.
I highly recommend this cleaner to anyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dave

DaveBairnsdale

3 year lifespan, minimal support.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Maytronics A.Maytronics

We pride ourselves on after sales service and have the most competitive spare parts in the industry. Will send a private message for further details on your repair.

Love my M500

I purchased the M500 just after we installed the pool last year in August (2017). I used it in the initial cleaning after the pool was turned over to us and all the way through the winter season as I wanted to be able to enjoy the pool.

Can't imagine not having this thing to help me with pool maintenance!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thanks for your review Rick.

DenisBrisbane

Worst Purchase Ever

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Denis, we want to help you, would you mind emailing us on infoau@maytronics.com with details of the dealer. Want to follow up with them as well to see why it is taking such a long time.

You won't be disappointed

We love the Dolphin M500. It cleans like no other. We used to have a different brand robot cleaner that wasn't the best. On advice from our friends who can't speak highly enough of theirs, we bought the M500 and haven't looked. Would gladly recommend it to anyone to give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

very poor

when working this pool cleaner does a excellent job unfortunately the product is a very poor product & is constantly have problems needing to have major repairs several times, these are very costly we have just got it back from last repairs & still having problems . Bearing in mind this product is supposedly the top of the range in pool cleaners costing around the $2000 mark, you would expect this product to be able to provide a reasonable working life.
I would recommend anybody contemplating buying a new Pool Cleaner give Maytronics Dolphin products a very wide berth Their after sales service is not the greatest probably caused by the flood of dissatisfied customers

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bee K, sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M5. We do offer a full 3 year warranty. We will send you a message to connect privately to see if there is anything we can do to help you.

Steve

Steve

Expensive to Buy and Repair

Purchased this model as new from local pool retailer as the great new product on the market. At the time they were $1800 new and the first two years I had good solid operation.Then ten problems started. Major electrical fault required $600 worth of repairs by the approved repairer in Brisbane. Then 3 months later it stopped working. Was told that locally a new repairer was now in operation in 2017 and no warranty for past repairs applied and the new motor was also $600. This means a $1800 machine is requiring $1200 worth so repairs in less then 4 years. Not a great buy and sadly the brand is flawed in my opinion. Off to look at a new cleaner now and Maytronics Dolphin won't be on my list.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good performance, poor lifetime, expensive replacement parts, poor customer service

For such an expensive item I found this product very short on life performance, replacement parts are very expensive for not much and the customer service is very poor. My control box had intermittent problems but when I finally decided I had had enough it was just out of warranty and I got an extremely poor response from the Australian distributor. I had to buy a new controller less than a year ago and that is now on the blink. I would never buy one of their products again and I would not recommend them. There are plenty of cheaper robots on the market that are more economical to run.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

AnomPerth

Died just after warranty ran out

Very expensive at $1000 per year. And the power cord is a real trip hazard. Only lasted 3 years. Did not do steps or corners. Very manually intensive to clean out the filters by hand all the time. Much prefer the cleaners that suck dirt out of pool into the filtration system.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Anom

What can you do for me that doesn't cost $88 just to tell me what's wrong with the thing, like one or all of the 3 motors needing replacement $400 each, or the circuit board $200-300, which all ads up to another $1,000 to get it going again?

serana.mcnicol

serana.mcnicolAU

Love our M5

We had our local pool shop out to our pool for a free demo. We were sold after the we saw how easy it is to use and the quality of the cleaner. We love our M5 but after reading other reviews it is really important to keep you pH levels in required range, chlorine on lower side and don't leave your cleaner in for long periods or it will not climb for you. Basic steps to ensure long life. Highly recommend this cleaner!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thanks for taking the time to review your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. Great tips for all users.

Spits small debris back into your pool

I want to use a Dolphin to remove large debris like leaves from your pool the product is ok. But the problem with the Dolphin 5 (the one I have) is that it does not lock dust and small debris into its system. So basically it would suck it up but then spits it out again back into your pool as the mechanics and filters are not made to retain small debris. So after a few days your pool has this bad dusty brown residue that stays at the bottom of your pool. Worst investment I have made in a long time...considering the price.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi Martin, there are different types of filters that can be used. We've sent you a private message so we can touch base to help you with this issue. If we can find out what type of filter you have we can work from there.

BillyMaitland

Help

The foam rollers are becoming covered in green blotches. How do I clean them. I check the water regularly. The ph, chlorine and alkalinity are good. This is the second set of rollers I have gone through. I replaced the first set because I couldn't get them clean. Also the unit won't stay in the shallow end. All it wants to do is work its way downhill to the deep end.

MTAU A.Maytronics

Hi, it sounds like the algae growth is due to the lack of chlorine in the water to control the growth. The foam rollers need to be white or it will not get traction in the pool.

Billy

The pool is a magnapool so it is self chlorinating. Chlorine is never added. Every time I test the water it says chlorine ok. So how can I get the algae off the rollers?

MTAU A.Maytronics

After sales support is terrible

The cleaner works very well for the first 3 hours after you turn it on, but if there is a tree in your suburb the filter full indication will come on at the end and you will need to clean it. If you use the spring net filters it will last longer, but they deteriorate quite quickly when exposed to water.
If you try and replace the filters, good luck to you. Maytronics have no sales depeartment available to the public, so you have to go through your local pool supplies store. Unfortunately, no matter how many times you say you want the mesh net filters to your pool supplies store, they order the standard ultra fine filter that only runs for 3 hours.

Greg D
Greg D

I had no luck getting the spring filter from the local pool supplies shop however, I did manage to make contact with someone at Maytronics who could help me and the unit is back in the water and doing a great job again.

See all Maytronics Dolphin M500 reviews

Skip

Skipasked

Hi, have completed a. quick test and one side does not run one direction but runs for the 10 secs the other way, the other side all good. Does this mean that the circuit board may have a fault? The reason I ask is when the unit is in the pool after a period of time the unit just turns in one direction in circles as the crawler on the faulty side is not turning. the unit is a Supreme M5 4 years old.
Thanks Steve

Snifer
Snifer

Reason for this is with time the holders of the underneath white brush getting worn off. Easy Test is try rotating the brushes by hand manually and they should rotate. If they are not rotating freely you got a problem them. Call the help line and they will help you. When this happened to mine I called them and they sent the replacement parts which I replaced myself as it was easy. Best of luck......

Hi Steve,

Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com so that we can gather further information and understand more in depth what you are experiencing. We will then do our best to assist you.

Thank you.

JCB

JCBasked

My nearly three year old M500 has suddenly stopped working. Connector module ("reset" and "test" buttons) could be the culprit as "Test" button is now jammed. Is this likely to be the cause or is there another potential problem? How much is a replacement connector?
JC-Bellbowrie

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi JCB, if it is just under 3 years old, you will be cover by warranty for a replacement part. Please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will help you out. If you can please also get your serial number ready that would make it easier. It is located on the inside of the chassis.

ColR

ColRasked

When I connect the App to my M500 it gives me the incorrect date for the next clean. I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it. Also power cycled the main unit. Can you assist?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will connect you with customer service tech who can help.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners