2Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M500

Small Debris Cleaning
M Power
M PowerNoosa2 posts
  M500

Good on first 2 years, on third year comes an expensive maintenance and on a 4th year becomes junk. 3k in a bin

Overall good during first two years. Bottom is clean, worked with leafs at bottom but had some trouble with small branches (which is understandable). Doesn’t climb on walls really well and had issues with upper steps, so had to use brush them.

Now to the bad sides. In 3 years roughly would require a 500-650 maintenance that would require changing tracks, cable etc.
In 4,5 years motor is dead requiring replacement which is roughly 650 just for the motor and labour, plus some other minor parts requiring almost 1k.

So in 4,5 years of using it, that’s 4,650 roughly overall and you would still need to finish some work after him. I don’t think that’s a good value for money. Show details

91Mah
91MahSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified M500
Ant
AntSydney, NSW5 posts

Fantastic cleaner!!

This is a great pool cleaner!! I initially bought the 200 but it just got caught on one of my steps which is an odd shape. In saying that, Steve their rep went absolutely beyond and sorted out the problem for me. He is an absolute asset to this company!!i now have a 500 and it’s perfect!! Couldn’t be happier!! This cleaner generally picks up the basic leaves that our surrounding trees throw at it. The Bluetooth is good but would like the WiFi down the track. Show details ·  1
Sherree Ruskin
Sherree RuskinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive M500

Set and forget!!

I love that we can throw this in the pool whenever (no need for the filtration and pump to be running) and away it will go covering all areas of our 12m pool with ease. Even the waterline is covered and scrubbed! Show details ·  1
Rob
Rob3 posts
  Fair Incentive M500

Great piece of equipment which saves time

You put it in the pool turn it on and leave it to go to work. Only real effort is putting it in and taking it out of the pool. It saves me time as I don't have to watch it or do any additional cleaning. Show details ·  1
Philip
PhilipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified M500

Intelligent hassle free cleaning with Bluetooth control

Out of the box the trolley was easy to assemble and there is a place for everything. We replaced our old Dolphin and the new one is light years ahead. Blu-tooth management works well and allows me to program the unit to come on each day automatically - however the Blu-tooth range could be better (or WiFi? as an option). Our pool is constructed from new generation fiberglass and the finer filters in the M500 have made a noticeable difference compared to the older model which allowed fine particles to return into the pool. The design also allows the M500 to come right up to the edges of the pool reaching spaces the old one was unable to get to. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Warren
WarrenSydney, NSW
  M500

My second dolphin that how much I like it

I had an m5 for many years , I would jokingly say that it was the hardest working member of our family. After spending 8 years working hard and spending its life in the pool I decided to retire it and buy a new m500 - I just love these robots and the Bluetooth remote with its phone tilt is a godsend cleaning my balance tank and pool Show details ·  1
Karen K.
Karen K.2 posts
  M500

Great company to deal with

I had some issues out of the warranty period, Maytronics worked with me to resolve them, this is a company that stands behind their product and provide great customer support! Show details
Small Debris Cleaning
Colin R
Colin RSydney, NSW6 posts

Bluetooth connectivity is lousy

Whilst it cleans the pool fairly well (walls excluded), the connectivity to the unit is rubbish. Unless I'm within .5 meter it doesn't connect. Sometimes have to try 2 or 3 times to connect. The weekly timer is also inconsistent and I have to reprogram the unit all the time.
If you change the sponge rollers, they will cost you a fortune (around AUD$200 for 4 pieces of foam)
After owning the unit for 2 years I have come to the conclusion that it was not worth the money Show details
James
James2 posts
Robert.H
Robert.HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Pool Cleaner

This pool cleaner has made our pool (and owners) happier. It is very efficient and cleans the tiles around the pool so there is no need for this to be done manually. When first setting up the program cleaning there was never a problem getting information we needed. The service staff were more than helpful when we had to replace our power source when it was damaged in a severe electrical storm. Show details
Lucinda R.
Lucinda R.Central West, NSW

Best investment for our Family

Did a lot of research and invested in the Dolphin M500 by Maytronics, Wow!! it is amazing we moved into our new home and the pool hadn't been cleaned for a while, we had it in the pool for the day and by the end of the day our pool was Crystal Clear, so easy to operate and it does all the work for you. Show details
Gina
GinaSouth East Queensland, QLD
  M500

This has made our lives easy!!!!

Having a horrible tree next door we have always had problems with leaves, the dolphin M500 makes life so much easier now, it picks them up brilliantly. We have had to use the fine filters only once so far to pick up the very fine sediment that is on the bottom of the pool. I have to say the only thing is that it is a bit heavy especially when first taking it out of the pool, but the work it does outweighs that.
Extremely happy with the product!!! Show details
Cameron E.
Cameron E.Perth, WA

David F.
David F. · Dolphin Supreme M500

I am having problems with my M400 foam rollers not lasting and cracking in many places... the pool is fiberglass ... why would this be happening?

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400.

Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have you robot serial numver available.

Many thanks and have a great day!

Glenn C.
Glenn C. · Dolphin Supreme M500

I have a Dolphin M550 when after a power failure to the house the dolphin will not power up when power resumes to the house. M500 has to be manually powered up again. Is this normal . Glenn Cooper

Ahmed S. · Dolphin Supreme M500

Hi, I have Dolphin M500 , that I purchased on May 2018, recently , have noticed that upon operation, power lamp illuminates and the robot bubbles, then it does not move and stops bubbling. Using the remote control it runs for a few minutes then stops, but if I use the remote as a Joy stick I can run the robot.
I have cleaned the impeller and ensured that the drive system moves freely by hand.
What shall I do?

Ahmed S.

Thanks for the advice. It seems that the power supply is faulty. The part number of the power supply that I have is 9995678-BTRF. Is this the same as 9995678 ?

The machine serial # is L17863FG6H

Compare all Maytronics Dolphin M Line listings
Pros
    Easy to remove and clean filters
    Thoroughly cleans pool
    Has handy storage caddy
Cons
Less effective on curved surfaces
CategoryRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool Cleaners
Price (RRP) $2,510.10$3,399
Cord Length18 m18 m
Pool SurfaceConcrete, Fibreglass, Glass Beads, Pebblecrete, Quartzon, Tiled and Vinyl Lined
Pool TypeAbove Ground and Inground
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)4 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual