David R.

David R.Sydney, NSW

Good value and expert service

When looking for windows we ended up being quite confused by the glass and other requirements of our build. Thankfully we found that Dowell could help us to understand the requirements and managed to specify windows that complied with the bushfire and noise restrictions that we had for our new house.

We have now moved in to our new house and we could not be happier. The windows look great and we find that we cannot hear the traffic from the nearby main road.

Thanks for your expertise and great windows. We especially love our big stacking door leading to our entertaining area!

John F.

John F.Southwest, VIC

If your builder uses these, run!

Davedb

DavedbPeel, WA

Worst product and ever worst customer service ever

3 years ago built with HGWA. They used Dowell windows as their preferred product. Since our build, Dowell have attended 8-10 times to repair multiple leaking windows. All the fixed panels of the Awning windows are held together with double side tape. This fails every couple of months thus the recalls. Worst ones are the ocean facing windows, the Technician said to was the Sand & Salt as the contributing cause. Since 5th October I have called HGWA for Dowell to attend. Dowell cancelled two time causing us to have more time off work to be home if they attend..

GregLSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Outstanding Service

Kellie B.

Kellie B.Launceston, TAS

Such poor customer service

Dowell WindowsDowell

What a joke!buyer beware.

I've done an extension at my house and the first stage Windows I had to send three or four Windows back and was delayed on the build .the second stage of Windows have been delivered and after the builder spent 3 or 4 hrs going through the measurements the Windows are wrong height and a different colour! I thought Dowell and the builder had it sorted so I signed the quote and now I have to remove bricks to get them to fit and deal with a house with paperbark and promise colour Windows! Never again will I use Dowell.even though you have in depth conversations and spend time with the reps etc check everything twice guys don't make the same mistake I did

Che disastro
Che disastro

NoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

sick and tired of leaking windows

pay $23000 for thermaline windows top of the range and they leak. The water is getting inside and destroying the window frame. They have come out already a few times and cannot fix problem.

Nora

who do I speak with at dowell to fix my problem and what are their contact details.

Great work

Thank you for the service. guys have attended and fixed all the problems. Also want to call out that during the visit guys have also identified another problem with installation and have fixed it. Greatly appreciated attention and willingness to go beyond and help customer. Your people are great representation of your company.

Dowell WindowsDowell

Thank you very much Vakhtang for your kind feedback. Is there any way you can private message me the State you are from?

Vakhtang
Vakhtang

Victoria

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not good at all

Would not recommend this company at all.
Had doors installed by dowell 4 years ago in a new house and have had noting but trouble with them and they won’t come out and fix them.So much for the 7 year warrant. Shame on you dowell

Nath

NathMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great customer service, answered every question and we are very happy with the windows!

Thank you to Tim and the team at Dowell. Great customer service, answered every question and we are very happy with the windows. Our Dowell windows are 14 years old and we haven't had issues with them. We needed a new window for a Reno and Tim and the team were more than happy to help out with sizes, widths, reveals etc.
Thanks Tim!

Shab

ShabSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Service and Product!

Great service and product quality. Would like to thank staff member Catherine and her fellow team members who went above and beyond to ensure we had our desired product in a timely fashion.

Dowell WindowsDowell

Do not meet their own specifications

We built a new house and Dowell was used throughout, all double glazed. From the day they were installed we had problems with the sliding glass doors. Whenever the wind blew, the doors whistled. We had support staff out, sales staff out and finally their "engineers". The windows were rated for class 3 wind zone, so over 80km/hr but these windows whistled and leaked air at 30km/hr! They did not even meet their own design specifications for wind rating. Fly screens on windows and doors are not UV resistant and have fallen apart after less than three years. Terrible product. Do not use!

Shell

Shell

Stressed. Will never use again or reccomend.

seveneleven2015

seveneleven2015

No effort

Asking for a quote for security doors. Thought I'll help them out by taking photos, measurements, what I want. Their reply was a 'price on a standard size and delivery and get someone out to measure them properly'...

Dowell Window are really bad

I had to wait from may 2018 for my fly screens till September 2018 and when they delivered to install they were short of some sliding doors and im still waiting for the rest of them after 2 months. By the way this is not PRW fault, it is definitely Dowell Windows Fault.

Dowell WindowsDowell

Amazing customer service and quality product and a very competitive price

Jenni Love this product

Jenni Love this product

Great product for the price

I just had my Dowell double glazed sliding door installed , I am very happy with the price and quality of this door. For a middle of the range product it is fantastic. And staff were very helpful, I was a bit worried with some reviews but even builders who installed it were impressed.

Tonyf

TonyfSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with products and after sales service

House lot of windows delivered and installed by builder, really happy with quality and appearance, installer came afterwards to fit screens and he went around and checked all windows and doors were operating ok, happy with overall experience with company

Jordan

JordanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Windows don't close properly - undoing all the benefit of double glazing!

Pete

PeteHampton

Poor service. Fauty windows.

Over 6 months waiting for repairs to the faulty windows when they arrived. Never deal with them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still waiting, I can't believe their still in business.

Brendan B

Brendan Basked

I can see daylight through the corner joint of the dowell windows, doesn't seem good heating and cooling efficiency? Is this what it is supposed to look like?

GregL

I found that Dowell was excellent to deal with, so I suggest that you also contact them for their advice. My problem was easily fixed with new seals being installed, as we live in a very high wind area.

Hi Brendan B,

We are sorry to hear the issues you are having surrounding the corner joint of your Dowell Windows. I need to see actual photos of these windows to assist further.

May I ask you to please send me some photos of these area's along with your contact details, including site address and I will then make contact with you directly.

Please email me at marketing@dowell.com.au.

Jamo

Jamoasked

Thanks for reviews. They supply Hotondo. Based on above we won’t ring using Dowell windows in our new home. They sound like really bottom of the market rubbish

Hi Jamo,

We are sorry you received that impression when reading the reviews online. Please be aware, Dowell Windows are one of the oldest and largest window manufacturers in Australia and service over 20% of the market in Victoria.

Our aim at Dowell is to deliver the best possible experience for our customers and that’s why we take your feedback very seriously.

We respect your purchasing decision, however, please feel free to contact me should you have any queries, or decide to give us an opportunity to quote on your project. My direct email is marketing@dowell.com.au.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you we can assist you in the future.

Sydmate

Sydmateasked

Thanks Kaz! Yes I was told that the Thermaline prod factory is at Melb. Have you had standard residence grade or thermaline from there?

Get an answer from our members and Dowell representatives

CategoryDoor & Window Shops