Dulux Aquanamel Gloss

• Longevity
Me QLD

Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use again.

I bought this because I prefer water clean up. I bought brushes and rollers meant for gloss paint. I sanded back old wooden cabinets and painted with the vivid white. I took my time and waited a day between each coat. I did 3 coats with a very fine grade sand in between coats. No it is not as glossy as traditional enamel but I knew this by looking at the samples at bunnings. A year on the cabinet doors still look good.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track – The Help & Advice Team.

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gets great results with the right technique

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

belinda b.Dulux

Thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to hear that you have had a great experience with our product. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any help or advice down the track The Dulux Team.

Puncstorta

PuncstortaPeel, WA

Very ugly result.

This paint dries in about 10 seconds so it is impossible to finish a simple kitchen cabinet door smooth, without brush marks and rugged paint marks. I tried thinning a little but no difference. It costs almost double then other paints.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

michelle k.Dulux

Waste of money and time

This Paint produces horrible results using a brush application. It does not flow what so ever and leaves heavy brush marks. Bunnings should advise this to their customers when specifying it!
It will leave you frustrated and having to resanding your frames.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jay

JayPerth, WA

Gluggy paint, doesn't flow and not good for brush work on trims at all.

After a bad experience with Dulux Super Enamel going yellow, I decided to switch to Dulux Aqua Enamel.

The paint is OK but extremely gluggy and difficult to make flow. So expect lots and lots of brush marks.
The paint has a very latex and stretchy feel to it. The finish is not good and it would honestly look better doing your trims in ceiling paint.

May be OK with a roller.

Since trying other brands of water based enamel for trims and windows, I would not recommend and will never use this paint again.

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Juzzy

JuzzyQld

Not user friendly

Purchased for A$80.00.

DuluxDulux

I don't think this is a traditional gloss

Swear by Dulux all my 40 yrs of DIY but this aqua enamel gloss leaves a lot to be desired. Great prep with primer, 2 coats with light sand in between on doors and skirtings but the finish looks like an emulsion with a low sheen. Looks like remedial work and re-doing with the oil-based high gloss enamel. First complaint of Dulux in all my years - very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$80.00.

Gregory L

Gregory LSouth East Queensland, QLD

They wrecked oil base now we have to put up with this rubbish

Im not like many others here as I've been a professional painter for 40 years,they have changed the formula in the oil based paint and the yellowing is happening within a month. We are now forced to use this rubbish, it's a step back in quality by a thousand percent. I can no longer hold my head high when I paint a house,I'm so ashamed it has come to this.
Nothing else to say

Purchased in January 2020 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$150.00.

Gavin T.

Gavin T.Sydney, NSW

This paint should be TERMINATED

Purchased in July 2019.

Waste of money

Dulux AquanamelTerrible finish on our doors. Painted loads of doors before, never had a issue with other brands of paint. Purchased 10L ....what a waste of money. Do not recommend this product at all. Doors looked like orange peel finish when dried....all pitted, then tried a good brush...you could see every brush stroke.

Purchased in May 2019.

henry h.Dulux

You have to learn from mistakes

I found trouble like others but did everyone follow the specks? I.e. useing precision max strenght primer underneath? I have spray doors on there flat using oil based primer then aquanamel. Looked great for about 10 mins before millions of tiny bubbles appeared. I still use the oil primer for its sandability to block flat then max strenght primer. I've been getting some flat finish with no orange peel almost like auto finish. I love it

Purchased in January 2019 at Dulux Trade Centre for A$1.00.

Pike

PikeBNE

Bought a piano - a pianist? not quite

Purchased in May 2019.

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Product

Totally useless if you are painting a door, it shows all paint strokes when you attempt to lay off
It results in a patchy door, I painted the door twice and it was still useless
Dries much to quickly to enable sections to blend
I will never use it again

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

Kieran L.

Kieran L.Perth, WA

Disappointed

Very poor finish. Brush strokes and clots visible. Disappointed. I would not use this again.

Purchased in February 2019.

Lincoln

LincolnSydney, NSW

Best product

More durable, non yellowing and easier to apply than enamel and flows nicely when appling. I have used both enamel and aquanamel and this product is superior and surpasses the performance of enamel. Thank you Dulux. Used it for over 5 years now wouldnt use anything else.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$81.00.

Hi Lincoln
Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Aquanamel, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25, (option 2) who will be more than happy to assist you.
Regards, The Dulux Team

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never use this paint

This paint is the worst paint I have ever used..my doors look patchy and unfinished despite the correct preparation. I did contact Dulux call centre to advise of the problem however even though they haven't seen the paint they used every excuse as to why it would be patchy..ie painting at the right temperature, using all Dulux products for prep etc...just admit you have produced an inferior product!!

Russ

RussPerth, WA

Great paint but prep and application are critical

Rosa

RosaEchuca

Backwards Step Dulux

After highly recommended (from Bunnings) can’t get this product work. Dries to quickly, leaves brush strokes everywhere, hard to work with and totally sucks all round. This is my fifth attempt at using it and just can’t get it to work. A crap option for some minor environmental benefits. Doesn’t save anything environmentally when I have to sand it back and get another brand/type to resolve.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Garth M.Dulux

Hi Victor Rosa, we understand your frustration. As mentioned in your other review, we would like to help. So if you can call us on 13 25 25, our team will be waiting to help. The Dulux team

Worst paint I have ever used.

I have painted a lot with Dulux paint previously and had great results. But even with proper prep this paint shows all brush marks and peels off. It dries too quickly and balls up. I will stick to oil based in future as it always gives a good result. A very expensive and time consuming disappointment!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

I love this product but you need to know how to apply it properly.

Can achieve a beautiful finish but it’s definitely different than using oil enamel. You need a good quality brush, a light touch and avoid overworking the paint.
If you can get that right then you can enjoy the benefits of a beautiful finish, non yellowing, quick drying, far less toxic for painter, customer and environment!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Peter

Peterasked

Aquanamel Gloss

I built a wall unit and used Aquanamel gloss to finish. The MDF surface was already very smooth and after using Dulux sealer/undercoat I sanded meticulously. I diluted the Aquanamel with 100ml/L water as suggested and sprayed the first coat. ( 28psi using gravity feed gun with 1.4mm nozzle). You advise 20 minute touch dry and >4 hours re-coat. After 24 hours I sanded and recoated. The finish is OK but not brilliant. However the surface has remained tacky/sticky. After a few days of drying I put the unit in warm sunshine to try and complete the drying. It has improved a little, but remains sticky. It is dry to the touch but when the doors (also sprayed) stay in contact with the carcass they stick together.
I want to 3rd coat but feel I am wasting my time and energy. Not to mention ending up with a poor result after weeks of careful construction.
Is there a solution?

Renee B.Dulux

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query, Peter! We would love to help! Please give our Help & Advice Team a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2), quote ticket number 317120 and they will be able to answer all of your questions! The Dulux Help & Advice Team.

Tony S.

Tony S.asked

Aquanamel Gloss

Can this be used on flooring

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Tony, thanks for your message. Dulux Aquanamel Gloss is not formulated for use on floors. Please feel free to contact us on 13 25 25 (Option 2) if you need any product advice, and our Tech Team will be able to assist you with some recommendations for your project. – The Dulux Team.

Danielle Snelleman

Danielle Snellemanasked

Aquanamel Gloss

Can u paint Dulux aqua enamel over enamel under coat

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Danielle, thanks for your message! It really depends on a number of factors, do it would be best for you to speak to our Technical Team, who you can reach by calling 13 25 25 (Option 2)! Otherwise, please feel free to send us a private message with your contact details, and we'll call you! - The Dulux Team

Tibor
Tibor

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives