Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss

Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss

Need to know if touch up patch will stay pink

I had ceiling painted .. but a spot was not done because had to be sanded .. but have put some of the ceiling paint on the spot.. but it still pink after 8 hours... would a/c being on affected the drying???

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Usage
Finish Quality
Coverage
Longevity
Hi Julie, We are sorry to hear of your experience on your ceiling project. We would suggest a fan to circulate the air in the room instead of the air-con. The product will eventually cure and go white and will not stay pink. If you require further assistance please contact our Dulux Help & Advice Team on 13 25 25 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. The Dulux Team

Worried about smell/ paint is okay

I have painted ceilings in my house with never miss and the smell wont go away even after airing for days on end. I also want to paint walls with dulux that i have purchased but i am selling in september and worried if smell will hang around?

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $250.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Anybody out there know how to get rid of smell without burning house down?Hi Fred, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 212911, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you as soon as possible. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST. The Dulux TeamCalled help team maybe they should rename it politician team, had an reply for everything without answering anything. Person was polite but got nowhere.goodbye dulux.

Terrible smell

I repainted by bedroom using this paint in May last year and (after having someone else in this room until September) started noticing a horrible smell like cat urine. Have looked everywhere (hung out all clothing, rugs, soft furnishings etc) for the source of the odour and finally after looking up the paint have realised where it is coming from. The smell is absolutely awful and has been exacerbated by hot weather.
Is this dangerous? Dulux, you clearly need to recall this paint and compensate your customers

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted

Please Help!! The smell does not go away!

I wish I had read reviews before making the decision to choose my paint. I chose Dulux Because I assumed it would be a quality product (simply because I knew the name). Lesson learnt: never buy a product before reading reviews! I have the same issue as everyone here: Got a professional to paint my home with Ceiling White and Wash N Wear. After several weeks of constant aeration (days and nights), a rancid smell of cat’s pee/ vinegar/ amonia/ is persisting. It gives me headaches and I cannot live in my house. Grateful if Dulux could explain what exactly is causing this smell so we can find out whether it is dangerous (i assume it is based on the reactions I have had). And so we can all find a solution? please help!!

Hi Mary, we are sorry that you have experienced this issue, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number 178172 – The Dulux Team

The stench is overwhelming!

It gets worse with the hot weather. We painted the ceiling in the bathroom on the 10/12/18 and the smell is getting worse. At first i couldn’t pinpoint the smell as we had just replaced the entire ceiling with new plasterboard and were happy with the look of it but since painting the ceiling in my sons room yesterday l noticed the smell developed in there as well. Called Dulux and they won’t do anything without the receipt which I threw out in oct/nov when I purchased the product

Hi Nina, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss paint. We are so sorry to hear that you are having some issues, and we’d like to help. Please contact our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 (Option 2), and quote your ticket number 167965, or you can private message us with your details and we will call you. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm, and Sundays from 10am to 4pm AEST – The Dulux Team.

Rotten smell for weeks

Just like others have reported this paint has a foul smell once it has dried. Luckily I only painted one room..
I had no problem applying the paint at all, it went easy and stayed pink long enough to see where I had painted. It smelt strong but like normal paint. It dried evenly and the ceiling had a nice finish.. But that was as good as it got with this product.
Within a few days a rotten gas like chemical odour started in the room. I had renovated the room, including new floors/plaster so I knew it wasn’t a dead animal or a gas leak. So I opened the room up all day and turned the ceiling fan on for a week but it made no difference. After 3 weeks the odour was unbearable and the room was unusable. I hooped online and googled all the paints I had used and found this site. Sure enough, same paint, same problems.. Never had this smell from a paint before, never had used this paint so it wasn’t hard to figure out..
I had new carpet arriving so I had to sort this out quick.. I followed the suggestion on here and used shellac precision stain and odour blocker, instantly the foul gas smell vanished. I then put on 2 coats of matt wash and wear paint, rather than another ceiling paint product, and the odour has not come back (5 days now).
There is no doubt there is something very wrong with this paint, whether it reacts a certain way or in certain circumstances who knows. What I do know is I wasted money buying it, I wasted my time using it and I wasted more money fixing it. All through the process dulux got my money and I got a lemon..

Hi Mark, we are sorry to hear that your experience with our Dulux Ceiling White Nevermiss has not been so positive, we are here to assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 162693 – The Dulux Team

Cornice is still pink after 2 days!

I am a pro painter, I work for an insurance builder who supplies the paint through Bunnings.

I painted a ceiling and cornice.. The ceiling has dried no problem, but the ornate cornice is still pink, even after 2 days.. As the cornice is ornate it took forever to paint in the first place.. The client is concerned. I even painted some of it again with normal ceiling paint, but the pink still bleed through..

Hi Charles, thanks for choosing Dulux for your client. We understand your concern and any frustration it may be causing. We want to help you get the finish you client wants for their home. Please call our Help&Advice team and we would like to help. Look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux team

Should have listened to the reviews!

Thank goodness only did one bedroom ceiling. I walked into the room the following day and wondered if the cat had pooped in there. Nope. The room is totally empty ready for the new carpet and it stinks! Will repaint with trusty Haymes and hope that does the trick. I now have a useless almost full 10 litre can of Dulux paint :-(

Hi Vix, if you are not satisfied with the product then we would like to help. Our Help&Advice team are available to talk with you, and get some more information so we can give you the right advice. We look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux teamI believe you need to acknowledge there is a problem with your ceiling paint and recall the product. I have used it in the past and been very happy with it. My bedroom now smells like a used cat litter box and I am hoping with an undercoat and a topcoat of Haymes I can reverse the damage. So many negative reviews need to be listened to!

The smell is revolting!!!

We prepared the wall as per Dulux instructions we used 1 Step as the base to the never miss the ceiling was cleaned and sanded. The 1 Step was fine it didn’t smell at all just typical new paint scent the first coat of never miss didn’t smell and we painted on a hot day, it was the second coat that became the problem it absolutely STINKS to the point of gagging. It’s an undescriable scent it’s absolutely putrid!!! I NEVER would have brought this had I know how bad it would smell.

Hi there Chloe. We are sorry to hear of your experience on your ceiling project. We understand your frustration and we would like to help you. So that we can get some more information and help you get the results you are after, please can you call us on 13 25 25. Our Help&Advice team are able to help. We look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux team

Lingering unpleasant smell!!!

Lingering unpleasant smell!! Mid October, I repainted the ceiling of a bedroom with Deluxe Ceiling White NeverMiss paint. I found the paint very thick and difficult to apply as it seemed to dry very fast and the pinkness didn't last long enough. However, what was worse was the sickening smell of the paint and by the end of the process, I was dry retching. The ceiling looked good after just one coat so I didn't do a second coat. I don't think I could have faced it, honestly. Anyway, a month later, there is still a lingering sickly-sweet smell in the bedroom. It seems worse on warm days. I have tried airing the room and burning some essential oils but I cannot get rid of it. I had used a similar product from another brand several years ago without any problems. I have mostly purchased Dulux products over the years and have been very happy with them. I would definitely stay away from this product in the future.

Hi Michele, we are sorry to hear of your experience on your ceiling project. So that we can help with the issue you are having in your home, please call us on 13 25 25 and quote your customer number 155887. Or alternatively you can private message us your contact details and we can arrange to call you. Look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux teamThis is an update on my issue with this product. I contacted Dulux as per above number and they organised for a Dulux representative to come and assess the problem. On that day, 23rd November, the smell was hardly there but she said that she could smell it. She asked me what I wanted to do about it and I said that I expected Dulux to fix the problem. A painter sent by Dulux came on the 6th December and, as far as I know, repainted the ceiling with 2 coats of a stain and odour blocker paint followed by 2 coats of ceiling paint. I have taken a while to write this update as I wanted to see if hot days made a difference and the intensity of the smell does seem to vary from one day to another. First, on most days, there is a definite improvement. Some days, I can hardly detect anything.Today, which did not feel very hot at 32 degrees, I can smell something. So, in conclusion, though I do appreciate Dulux 's effort in trying to fix the problem of a "faulty batch" and though there is an improvement, I am not 100% satisfied with the result. The whole saga has taken a lot out of me.

Worst paint EVER

First time using Dulux paint and all I'm painting is white walls. I have had to paint 3 times over and it's still not great. I gave it another try after talking to the workers, and having them check the paint for me. Same outcome the second time. I do a lot of painting and never been more dissatisfied. Will never buy again.

Deluxe ceiling white

Having been a professional painter for 40 years l have hardly ever used deluxe paint but the last job l quoted the owners wanted deluxe ceiling paint to be used, i put the normal 2 coats on and after drying l was embarrassed to see the finish, this is without doubt the worst paint have ever used and l will never use deluxe again and will tell all my painting mates to never touch the crap, and the smell was like a dead possum smell revolting, the owners have been telling me to fix it but l told them that they chose it, l think there might be a class action in the not to distant future and count me in

Hi Daniel, if your customer or yourself is not satisfied with the finish then we would like to help. If yourself, or the home owner, would like to call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25 we can talk through the project and provide help and support. Look forward to hearing form you. The Dulux team

Beautiful paint - so quick to use

I have read the reviews, and quite honestly can't believe it. I painted my hallway ceiling and a small bedroom with this paint after cutting in with a brush it took me 20 minutes with a roller to do both rooms! and I got great coverage!!! Yes it has an odour for a couple of days - big deal it is paint - open a window and enjoy your free time, well worth the money and ease of seeing where you have been. Just make sure you have enough paint on your roller, I used an extendable roller - seriously the easiest ceiling I have ever painted. I am no strong man either, I am a 48 year old woman with somewhat laxed fitness levels.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks Lara, we are glad to hear that you were happy with our Dulux Ceiling paint. If you have any questions or support on up coming painting projects, feel free to contact us. We are happy to help with any advice you may want or need. The Dulux team

Intolerable stench

I have ALWAYS used Dulux and have always been more than happy with the result. However, I used their Nevermiss ceiling white and would definitely advise against this product. The paint was much harder to apply than their regular ceiling paint, it faded almost before the roller was recharged and the smell is unbearable. I wish I had seen this site before I bought (and used) it. It is now a week since I painted the ceiling and the smell remains strong, especially in the day when it is warmer. After reading the reviews I will be returning it to Bunnings and replacing it with the regular ceiling white. The Nevermiss is a disaster. I am in my 70's, have painted interiors all my married life, and I am really unimpressed about having to do it again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Maggie, we are sorry to hear of your experience. So we can help you with your ceiling project our Help&Advice team are available to discuss. Please if you can call us on 13 25 25 and quote your personal customer number #119324, or we can private message you to arrange a time at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you Maggie.Further to my previous review, although it took some time to convince them, I am happy to say that once the Dulux team accepted that I had a problem with their paint, they were quick to send someone to repaint my ceilings. All three affected ceilings were repainted with two coats of odour blocker, and two coats of ceiling white and since that was done there has been no smell at all. I have left it some time to be sure, and no trace of the smell remains, so THANK YOU, Dulux.

dissapointing ...

used over 2 year old paint (white) was told at pos one coat would only be needed, first coat was easy to see where id painted but it needed a second coat strangely not so easy to see where ive painted !!, ceiling looks crap even after 2 coats now having read other reviews not convinced the smell will go away... save your money dont buy this product ...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi John, we are sorry to hear about your experience with this product. So that we can help you with your painting project please call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25. Look forward to hearing from you John.have spoke with Help&Adice team a couple of times, the person i spoke with told me no one else had had this problem !!!, i pointed out many had and that was not true... he hung up on me very constructive Dulux

Smell!!

Painted ceiling lounge and dining room and went on easily and easy to see any places we had missed on the second coat. Normal wet paint smell at first but as it dried began to smell different, now 2 weeks later foul smell on both rooms and not getting any better.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the results. So that we can help you please feel free to call our Help&Advice on 13 25 25. We are open 7 days a week, until 7.00pm eastern standard time (6.30am SA time). Look forward to hearing from you Paul

Disaster

The smell is unbearable.
2 coats still no coverage.
I’m crying

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Terrible odour, months later.

I painted our bedroom months ago and still have a paint odour, gets worse on hotter days. I have tried airing the room etc but it is not clearing.
I always use Dulux paints without any problems, but the odour from ceiling Nevermiss is terrible. will I have to repainted the ceiling to clear the odour?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi KerriL, We're sorry to hear about your experience with Dulux Ceiling Nevermiss. If you would like to private message us your best contact phone number, we can call you to talk you through different options. Alternatively you can call our Help & Advice number, 13 25 25 to talk to our team. Kind regards, Dulux Australia

Don't use - It drys to white but turns back to pink in humidity.

Dulux NeverMiss ceiling paint was easy to apply but we are not happy with it. We started by painting the cornices first two days ago and then would have progressed to the ceiling by today. It did dry to a white but it took longer in the bathroom. Yesterday morning the bathroom was nearly white but after having showers the paint turned a darker pink again. This morning the paint was white and after using the shower it had turned dark pink again.

We had also painted the laundry and hallway cornices. After seeing the paint in the bathroom turning back to pink I tested a patch of the hallway cornices by filling a spray bottle with water and spraying along the cornice. The paint turned from white back to pink!!!

The laundry still smells of the paint.

We bought plain white water-based ceiling paint to paint over what we painted with the Dulux NeverMiss when it occurred to me that the paintbrush with the new paint would just be washing the Dulux paint off and the new paint would be tinged pink also!

We now have the task of washing off as much of the dye out of the Dulux painted cornices as possible and using several coats of primer before we can paint with the other paint. I am hoping in time that the paint smell from the laundry will go away.

It could've been worse: we could have merrily continued with painting the ceilings, thinking that in time all the paint would dry evenly and we would be able to gaze on our lovely white ceiilngs (but might they have turned pink on a humid day?...)

We have always used Dulux paint, but first time with NeverMiss. We won't continue this paint job with Dulux paint.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
To add to my review above: I used Cornwells White Vinegar to leech the pink out of the paint on the cornices. I sprayed with a water bottle to draw the pink out, used another spray bottle filled with the vinegar and it immediately turned the pink water to clear and the paint remained white when I sprayed again with water to see if it would turn pink again. The vinegar also reduced the smell in the laundry. We did this today and will keep monitoring the result over the next couple of days before we continue with the painting with another brand of paint.

Don't use it!! smell

I must say for some one who has used Dulux for years, I am very disappointed. I used this products years ago and loved it- obviously they have changed ingredients or there is an issue with the ingredients. Nasty smell even weeks after. Usually paint smell goes away in a few days-not this time!!
Very disappointed. Won't buy this brand again!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Tracy, We're sorry to hear about your experience with Dulux Ceiling Never Miss. We would like to learn more about your issue. If you could call us on 13 25 25 and quote number 90393, our Help & Advice team can assist, or alternatively if you would like to private message us your phone number, we can call you. Kind regards, Dulux Australia