Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss

Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss

crap and reeks

was given this paint as unused by friend,went on great in 1 coat..then dried and the smell got worse hour by hour.. no happy at all.. and yet here we are 1 year on and your still selling it..!

henry h.Dulux

Using Never miss

We painted my sons place using never miss all 9 ceilings & there was no smell issues at all , it is a greatest product I have ever used , unless they have changed the formulae , went on brilliantly & never missed an area that’s the idea of it , I can understand some of the comments , we sanded the ceiling & wiped the ceiling down with a metho rag , the pink colour went as it dried in about 2 hours

Purchased in June 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
Longevity
Julie

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Need to know if touch up patch will stay pink

I had ceiling painted .. but a spot was not done because had to be sanded .. but have put some of the ceiling paint on the spot.. but it still pink after 8 hours... would a/c being on affected the drying???

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings.

Longevity

fredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worried about smell/ paint is okay

I have painted ceilings in my house with never miss and the smell wont go away even after airing for days on end. I also want to paint walls with dulux that i have purchased but i am selling in september and worried if smell will hang around?

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $250.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
fred

Anybody out there know how to get rid of smell without burning house down?

fred

Called help team maybe they should rename it politician team, had an reply for everything without answering anything. Person was polite but got nowhere.goodbye dulux.

Terrible smell

I repainted by bedroom using this paint in May last year and (after having someone else in this room until September) started noticing a horrible smell like cat urine. Have looked everywhere (hung out all clothing, rugs, soft furnishings etc) for the source of the odour and finally after looking up the paint have realised where it is coming from. The smell is absolutely awful and has been exacerbated by hot weather.
Is this dangerous? Dulux, you clearly need to recall this paint and compensate your customers

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted

Please Help!! The smell does not go away!

I wish I had read reviews before making the decision to choose my paint. I chose Dulux Because I assumed it would be a quality product (simply because I knew the name). Lesson learnt: never buy a product before reading reviews! I have the same issue as everyone here: Got a professional to paint my home with Ceiling White and Wash N Wear. After several weeks of constant aeration (days and nights), a rancid smell of cat’s pee/ vinegar/ amonia/ is persisting. It gives me headaches and I cannot live in my house. Grateful if Dulux could explain what exactly is causing this smell so we can find out whether it is dangerous (i assume it is based on the reactions I have had). And so we can all find a solution? please help!!

Nina

NinaSydney

The stench is overwhelming!

It gets worse with the hot weather. We painted the ceiling in the bathroom on the 10/12/18 and the smell is getting worse. At first i couldn’t pinpoint the smell as we had just replaced the entire ceiling with new plasterboard and were happy with the look of it but since painting the ceiling in my sons room yesterday l noticed the smell developed in there as well. Called Dulux and they won’t do anything without the receipt which I threw out in oct/nov when I purchased the product

Mark B

Mark BMelbourne

Rotten smell for weeks

Bella B.Dulux

Cornice is still pink after 2 days!

I am a pro painter, I work for an insurance builder who supplies the paint through Bunnings.

I painted a ceiling and cornice.. The ceiling has dried no problem, but the ornate cornice is still pink, even after 2 days.. As the cornice is ornate it took forever to paint in the first place.. The client is concerned. I even painted some of it again with normal ceiling paint, but the pink still bleed through..

Garth M.Dulux

Should have listened to the reviews!

Thank goodness only did one bedroom ceiling. I walked into the room the following day and wondered if the cat had pooped in there. Nope. The room is totally empty ready for the new carpet and it stinks! Will repaint with trusty Haymes and hope that does the trick. I now have a useless almost full 10 litre can of Dulux paint :-(

Garth M.Dulux

Hi Vix, if you are not satisfied with the product then we would like to help. Our Help&Advice team are available to talk with you, and get some more information so we can give you the right advice. We look forward to hearing from you. The Dulux team

Vix
Vix

Chloe

ChloeGold Coast

The smell is revolting!!!

We prepared the wall as per Dulux instructions we used 1 Step as the base to the never miss the ceiling was cleaned and sanded. The 1 Step was fine it didn’t smell at all just typical new paint scent the first coat of never miss didn’t smell and we painted on a hot day, it was the second coat that became the problem it absolutely STINKS to the point of gagging. It’s an undescriable scent it’s absolutely putrid!!! I NEVER would have brought this had I know how bad it would smell.

MichèleBeaconsfield Victoria

Lingering unpleasant smell!!!

Nat

NatVernon

Worst paint EVER

First time using Dulux paint and all I'm painting is white walls. I have had to paint 3 times over and it's still not great. I gave it another try after talking to the workers, and having them check the paint for me. Same outcome the second time. I do a lot of painting and never been more dissatisfied. Will never buy again.

Deluxe ceiling white

Having been a professional painter for 40 years l have hardly ever used deluxe paint but the last job l quoted the owners wanted deluxe ceiling paint to be used, i put the normal 2 coats on and after drying l was embarrassed to see the finish, this is without doubt the worst paint have ever used and l will never use deluxe again and will tell all my painting mates to never touch the crap, and the smell was like a dead possum smell revolting, the owners have been telling me to fix it but l told them that they chose it, l think there might be a class action in the not to distant future and count me in

Lara

Lara

Beautiful paint - so quick to use

I have read the reviews, and quite honestly can't believe it. I painted my hallway ceiling and a small bedroom with this paint after cutting in with a brush it took me 20 minutes with a roller to do both rooms! and I got great coverage!!! Yes it has an odour for a couple of days - big deal it is paint - open a window and enjoy your free time, well worth the money and ease of seeing where you have been. Just make sure you have enough paint on your roller, I used an extendable roller - seriously the easiest ceiling I have ever painted. I am no strong man either, I am a 48 year old woman with somewhat laxed fitness levels.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Garth M.Dulux

Thanks Lara, we are glad to hear that you were happy with our Dulux Ceiling paint. If you have any questions or support on up coming painting projects, feel free to contact us. We are happy to help with any advice you may want or need. The Dulux team

MaggieMedowie

Intolerable stench

Date PurchasedApr 2018

john5454South East Queensland, QLD

dissapointing ...

used over 2 year old paint (white) was told at pos one coat would only be needed, first coat was easy to see where id painted but it needed a second coat strangely not so easy to see where ive painted !!, ceiling looks crap even after 2 coats now having read other reviews not convinced the smell will go away... save your money dont buy this product ...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Garth M.Dulux

Hi John, we are sorry to hear about your experience with this product. So that we can help you with your painting project please call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25. Look forward to hearing from you John.

john5454

have spoke with Help&Adice team a couple of times, the person i spoke with told me no one else had had this problem !!!, i pointed out many had and that was not true... he hung up on me very constructive Dulux

Paul T

Paul TAdelaide

Smell!!

Painted ceiling lounge and dining room and went on easily and easy to see any places we had missed on the second coat. Normal wet paint smell at first but as it dried began to smell different, now 2 weeks later foul smell on both rooms and not getting any better.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Disaster

The smell is unbearable.
2 coats still no coverage.
I’m crying

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Terrible odour, months later.

I painted our bedroom months ago and still have a paint odour, gets worse on hotter days. I have tried airing the room etc but it is not clearing.
I always use Dulux paints without any problems, but the odour from ceiling Nevermiss is terrible. will I have to repainted the ceiling to clear the odour?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Caitlin O.Dulux

Anthony Denny

Anthony Dennyasked

Can this product be used over the Dulux one step oil based product?

Hi Anthony
Thank you for reaching out to us, you certainly can apply Dulux Ceiling White NeverMiss over Dulux 1 step Primer Sealer oil based undercoat providing you allow Dulux 1 step Primer Sealer Oil based undercoat to fully cure.
All the best with your project. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate in contacting our Help & Advice Team on 132525 (option 2).
The Dulux Team

jim v.

jim v.asked

Hi.
I too have recently painted my house with dulux paint and the smell is terrible please help.

henry h.Dulux

Hi Jim, we're sorry to hear that your experience with our product hasn't been so positive, we would like to further assist you if you can please contact our Help & Advice team on 132525 option 2. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3:00pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm AEST. Please quote Your Ticket Number: 183053 – The Dulux Team

Nina

Ninaasked

Hi we have painted our ceilings with Dulux and are finding the stench overwhelming. What is the solution? I can’t handle the stink and it seems to be getting worse not better! :(

Charles Fentiman
Charles Fentiman

The smell will go eventually.. painting in damp or humid conditions means that the paint will take longer to dry, hence the smell will linger.

DuluxGroup A.Dulux

Hi Nina! We've answered your previous post earlier today - please give us a call on 13 25 25 (Option 2) and quote your ticket number so that we can assist you. Cheers, the Dulux Team.

Get an answer from our members and Dulux representatives

CategoryPaints & Varnishes