Dunlopillo Classic

Dunlopillo Classic

MPN: DUN-T2771

See the Best Pillows in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Check before buying

Be aware there can be differences even though I bought four of the Classic- they were not all the same. I have slept on dunlopillo's for over 30 years. The pillow I selected was way to hard for me- luckily this suited my husband and I could take one of the "softer" ones. Don't buy online like I did, so that you can check in-store before purchase. It's a great pillow.

Purchased in April 2019 for $90.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesYes
Pillow Relieves Pain Yes

Not Quality!

The classic latex pillow started off being very supportive and comfortable when first getting it however after 4-5 months, the pillow went soft and now lacks the support for my neck and head. This is also the case for smaller people that don't weigh much either as I am not a bigger person. I don't think latex or memory foams are the same quality they used to be anymore.

Purchased in September 2018 for $100.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

soft and comfortable with a little odour

Purchased a classic Dunlopillo pillow from Kogan. The first talalay latex pillow ever used. The height is perfect for most adults when sleeping on it even though it just 13.5cm high. However, you can notice a little bit of latex odour if you are a side sleeper.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kogan.com for $89.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

Just the right height and perfect for side sleepers

I’ve always used latex pillows but find it difficult finding one the right height, that isn’t too heavy or hot. After a week on the dunlopillow classic latex I’ll be going to buy a 2nd. Perfect for me sleeping on side or back (I’m medium build 168cm 70kg male). Strongly recommend. Oh if worried about the smell some reported just leave it out to air overnight - that disappears after an airing & is normal for new latex pillows.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Terrible odour

Extremely comfortable but bad odour of latex permeates whole room. I have other latex pillows of other brands as well as one older dunlop one and no probs. Despite airing the problem persists and is embarrassing. No help from customer service. Not quality of previous years.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Terrible gave me a stiff neck and headache!

I bought this pillow on recommendation from the barefoot investor book, and what a huge disappointment! It is way too stiff and high, it’s given me a stiff neck and headaches! I never get neck pain and very rarely headaches. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price, but at $79 from Harris scarfe it’s still a rip off!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Not a great purchase

I am finding it very difficult to adjust to and can't do a whole night on it. It is unforgiving and uncomfortable and I don't think that it is worth the money I spent on it at all. It is not helping my sleep, or my neck issues so I would question the value of this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Worst headache

It feels great but I could only tolerate this for two nights, woke up with the worst headache on day one, tried again and the next day had a migraine. Last night went back to a normal pillow and woke up feeling fine.
Feels like a massive waste of money :(
Not for me.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

best pillow ever

I bought this pillow 3 weeks ago. It is amazing. I chose the classic one which is not to firm or too soft. It is perfect for the sleepers with any sleeping position. I am very satisfied the this pillow and I am gonna buy another one for my husband.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best Latex Pillow

Just bought a Dunlopillo classic twin pack at Planet Linen, great value and excellent pillows. If you are not sure what type of profile (high, low or medium) pillow suits you then the Classic is the one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Sensational pillow. Every bit as good as my last one.

I first received a dunlopillo in 2001, when we bought our bedroom suite (the retailer threw 2 in). I was instantly in love. It was supportive, super comfortable, and put any other pillow I’ve ever had to shame.
Fast forward to 2017.
I, embarrassingly, was still using the same pillow, but decided after 16 years it was probably well and truly time to move on. I read the reviews that stated the new pillow wasn’t anywhere near as good as the old one.
After a bit of research I bought a bamboo one.
It was fine, it worked, but it was as though my old pillow was a 2017 Rolls Royce and now I was driving a 1970 Mini.
With column shift.
And a dodgy fuel gauge.
After umming and ahhing, and researching some more, i found Myer were having a sale on dunlopillos. Before I could overthink it, I bought one online using click and collect, got a text an hour later to say it was ready, and nipped down to pick it up.
The first night it felt hard and I thought I’d made a terrible mistake. But since then, my heavenly pillow and I are reunited.
Buy it. You really will love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

I agree...not the same as I remember

I too have recently purchased a classic and it is way much harder than I have used before. All my previous pillows have been amazing. I cannot use the new one. I didn't even last a night. Waste of money!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Very Poor imitation of original Classic

I have used dunlopillos for 40 years and the ones sold now are RUBBISH. I thought the one I bought recently must have been a second as it was on sale but on further investigation find the ones at Myer have the same qualities.
I have a 10 year old one & it is still far superior to the current version. The new Classic is thin and soft with poor support. After trying it for a few days I found it gave poor support so I changed back to my old one.
Both pillows are Classic Medium but the only similarities are the name.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

No sleep, neck & shoulders worse

I use to have High profile soft feel pillow but now not available so had to get this classic design instead, what a terrible pillow it is. After 30 mminutes laying on it it feels way to hard and now my neck and shoulders are very painful not to mention no sleep. As a pensioner I have wasted $140 on the pillow and its useless to me. Very dissapointed dunlopillo. I want a refund but they dont do that with pillows at Myre. I sent dunlopillo an email of complaint but it seems they just dont care as I have not got any response. No more dunlopillo for me ever.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

EXCELLENT.

Have been searching for a decent pillow for years. I could open a shop with the amount of pillows I own. This pillow is great. I bought the soft pillow instead of the classic and found it a bit low but otherwise its great. I have recommended it to other family members.

Not as good as Dunlopillo Latex pillow used to be

Having bought numerous of these pillows over the years because they were excellent, the last pair I purchased from Myer are not a patch on the older models. These pillows are smaller all round so are baggy in standard pillowslips, they do not provide the same support as before, and smell of burnt rubber. I rang Pacific Dunlop some time ago who were really not interested. What a shame these wonderful pillows have become so inferior

Best pillow

This pillow was given as a gift and is the best one I've ever had. Been using this for 12 years and still doesn't need replacing. I take it everywhere I stay as no other pillow can compare to how comfortable it is. My partner is constantly trying to steal it when we go to sleep so now I'm going to have to go buy him one.
comfortable, lasts a very long time
nothing

Dunlopillo classic

I bought a Dunlopillo Classic 4 years ago. I had tried many types of pillows but they all flattened down and did not give me the support I needed. It took me 1 night to get used to the Dunlopillo Classic and I haven't had a night without it since. It is the best pillow I have ever used and it is as good today as the day I bought it. I have given them as gift to friends and relatives and have only heard positive results. Once you've used a Dunlopillo Classic, you'll never want to go back to 'ordinary' pillows.
It is the perfect pillow.
It's expensive. I bought mine on special at Myers for 40% off.

Just a bit too firm for me

I really wanted to like it but it's just a bit too firm for me. Not in the sense that it's hard, but latex firm (i.e. feels a bit bouncy & too supportive almost). I like being able to sink my head into the pillow but also want the appropriate amount of support. The Classic felt soft enough when I just used my hands to squeeze it in the store, but sleeping on it felt quite different.

I ued it for three nights to try and get used to it, I had trouble falling asleep on it and woke up with sore neck/shoulder muscles. Had to give it away in the end.

As I really wanted a Dunlopillo latex pillow because I heard to many good things about it, I tried the Dunlopillo Soft at David Jones, which is the same height profile as the Classic but softer, I decided that is the right amount of softness & support for me so decided to take another shot. And I really really like it, it's like sleeping on a cloud! (will write a review for that pillow separately)

Anyway for people who like firm pillows, the Dunlopillo Classic is possibly not considered firm enough, for people who like soft pillows this may be just a tad bit too firm and you may want to give the Soft version a try to compare and see which you prefer.

I definitely recommend trying the pillows out in store before buying since there is often a no return policy on pillows.
good quality, supportive
a bit too firm for me

Best pillow

This is the most comfortable and supportive pillow I have ever owned. After suffering from neck problems for years due to cheap polyester pillows flattening over a short period of time, I purchased a Dunlopillo classic pillow, and I've never looked back. Its fantastic that this pillow retains its shape for many, many years too. Every time my pillow needs replacing I will be buying this one every time!
Comfortable, supportive, retains its shape for many years.