Dux Airoheat

PeterMid North Coast, NSW

I cannot recommend this "Dux Airoheat Heat Pump "

Purchased in December 2016 for $2,600.00.

Peter

I was contacted by Dux asking for all the details - when the unit was installed, model number and serial, At Present "NOT a WORD Heard" still waiting.

peter hallSouth East Queensland, QLD

very loud unit

we had this unit installed some years ago and now it has very very excessive noise the unit is still operating but it is getting louder by the day we are waiting for it to stop operating i do not know if it is a faulty bearing or what

Purchased in September 2013 at from plumber for $500.00.

peter hall

Sent info two days ago still have had no response after reading some reviews online it seems dux should be avoided

JSB

JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD

I wouldn't recommend a DUX

Purchased in March 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
flyhorse501

flyhorse501Sydney, NSW

It makes heavy noises like metal hitting each other.

My neighbor has the same one installed a few years ago, recently it makes heavy noises day and night, my bedroom window is just next to it. I couldn't sleep when it runs.
I don't recommend DUX products.

Redeye

RedeyeCurrarong

10 years and going strong.......

Installed in 2009, hasn't missed a beat. The only negative is the fan on top rust away (l've replaced it once and rust-proofed the 2nd) but l'm right on the beach. Cheap to run and quiet enough that l don't notice it. Must admit l'm surprised as l read the mostly bad reviews after l had it installed........

Kyle HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great at first, downhill from Year 6

Purchased in June 2011 for $3,100.00.

Kyle H

There is no need to resolve this as the unit has been removed from the house and has been replaced with a different brand unit.

Alex Davison

Alex DavisonSouth East Queensland, QLD

System needs replacing after 5 years due to design flaw and no help from Dux

Purchased in March 2014.

Steve B

Steve BCentral, SA

What an absolute lemon

Just under 2 years old and system died caused by a system defrost which leaked into the main control unit. Complete design fault but yet no warranty. What a joke

Purchased in July 2017.

Robert P.Darling Downs, QLD

Don’t buy

Purchased this heat pump hot water system 2011 with our new home. No hot water under high demand. In 2014 the electronics failed then in 2016 the tank failed after rusting. New system fitted under warranty but had to pay labor. It failed now 6/2019 and now refused warranty even though the tank has 10 year warranty. Not acceptable from an Australian co. I even asked for 1/2 and 1/2 but no. Don’t buy.

Purchased in April 2016.

Robert P.

I have not received any incentive for writing this review

Wayne Fleming

Wayne FlemingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great start.

We have had the Dux Airoheat for at least 8 months now and have no problems at all with the system. There has been no water leakage at all, it is quite to run, we have at times 8 members of the family in the household for extended periods of time and keeps up with plenty of hot water for all jobs necessary. I’m glad we made the decision to purchase the Dux Airoheat.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 7 person(s)

Bloody Annoyed

Bloody AnnoyedSydney, NSW

Do not buy

We have endured 2 of these pathetic heaters. First one started giving us rust after 4yrs then total tank failure at 5.5yrs.

Dux did replace under warranty and this second unit has lasted 2.5yrs.

I am currently dismantling this one to see what the hell is going on inside these tanks.

I am amazed that people don't research such an expensive item before purchasing!

Dux you should remove this item from the shelves!

Please watch the YouTube video and share as much as you can and we may save some poor soul from going through the same problem.

Purchased in February 2016 for $3,000.00.

LouiseQueensland

This deserves no stars, one is being generous

Purchased in January 2011 for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

The Old BlokeAU

Good but designed to be redundant

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
The Old Bloke

Too late it's already been picked up by hard rubbish!

MogannGoolwa

Have to replace every 5 year!

I have had 4 Dux units since 2005. The common problem was water leaks from the top. Always breaks down just after warrantee has expired a a few months! My third one leaked just after 3 years and was replaced by a new one which started to leak after 4 years. Gave them a call today but they said that it is not covered under warranty cos they included the 3 years from the previous one. So don't buy Dux, they don't last long!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Mogann

Why? Done that via phone, was told nothing can be done and I said I'd write a review and she said go ahead!

Lady CarolineDeception Bay

Buyer beware!

Date PurchasedAug 2007
Lady Caroline

Since writing this review Dux have come through for us exceptionally! They have replaced our system with a top of the line electric one. Thank you Dux for standing by your customer. I would like to give Dux a 10 out of 10 for their service.

Nothing but trouble in the beginning and bigger trouble in the end! one dead unit and 5 years old! A

Awesome to start with and then 2 visits from appliance person; finally called plumber to have another brand installed and he said "Stay away from heat pump!"
I have another brand which is so far so good after almost 5 years - plumber did not know about that brand which is probably a good indicator.

Just waiting for my other dux heat pumps to implode at my other rental properties - very bad technology which did not work as planned! Dux should be ashamed of themselves and assisted the people who purchased these units which turned out or (will turn out ) to be DUDS!

Date PurchasedMay 2012

fedupHobart, TAS

After two failures through leaking tanks - never again will we buy a Dux product

Everyone deserves a second chance but when the same thing happens again and the company doesn't back it's product, it is time to take action. I am interested in a class action. I stripped down the replacement unit and it appears to me that the leak has been present for a long time. It did not become apparent externally as Dux have gone to great pains to seal around the cylinder which stops the leak showing for months or maybe even years. I am going to get a professional engineer's opinion.

Date PurchasedMay 2009
fedup

I responded to this post and received a telephone call with an offer. Unfortunately I have lost all confidence in the Dux product and am awaiting a satisfactory resolution which I believe for both parties would be much better than legal action.

Bella

Bella

This dux airoheat System is the worst system

Date PurchasedMar 2016

DUX AIROHEAT.....DISGUSTING QUALITY......BUYER BEWARE

This was installed with our brand new home....CONNECTED TO RAIN WATER.....called in the plumber 5 years 2 months after purchasing....water was leaking at bottom......actually the plumber found the root cause at the top of the tank..... corrosion everywhere....corrosion from leak was months or even years old.....it needs replacing.....NEVER EVER A DUX .....

Date PurchasedFeb 2013