2Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System

78 reviews · Statistics

97% · 760%
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jeremy Bond
Jeremy Bond7 posts

This hot water system is awesome

Got this installed just over a year ago. I needed a tank that could be installed inside but the reverse cycle unit outside, so this ticked the boxes. I'm in Melbourne so can get really cold in winter and was cautious about a heat pump type as they get less efficient the colder it gets...but this thing never missed a beat. The outside unit is super quiet when running too and we've never run out of hot water.
The tank itself is almost double the capacity of my old unit but only about 10% physically larger somehow. Brilliant system. I did my research beforehand which is how I landed on this one. I can see why all the reviews are excellent. And my electricity bill has gone down by about 40% compared to my old electric unit Show details
Wendy May
Wendy May8 posts

Very good unit I would buy again

This replaced a "Heat Trap" unit,whose compressor only lasted 2years,moaned loudly on shutdown and was timed to start way beyond daylight,and the internal plumbing leaked after 5yrs needing replacement.
The Reclaim unit is almost silent,runs from 10am while my PV panels are making free power.and I am confident it uses less power,even tho this is impossible to quantify exactly as I have other power consumption which varies. There is always constant hot water "on tap" and no noticeable temp variations.
I would buy this unit again,no regrets at this time. Show details
Jesse Searls
Jesse SearlsWAPerth, WA
David
DavidVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dave
DaveVICSouthwest, VIC

Amazing after sales service

Have previously posted how happy we our with our Reclaim heat pump hot water system, but now need to rave about their amazing after sales service. Had an error which we unfortunately noticed on a Sunday. Contacted the company and was called back within about 10 minutes by the owner, who put us in touch with local people who could help. We did a quick bit of trouble shooting and the hot water is now back in business. Unbelievably friendly and efficient service, they went above and beyond anything I expected.
Still love the product too! Show details
Terry MeagherVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

After Sales / Warranty Service

Had a fantastic experience following a warranty call on a Reclaim Heat Pump HWS today. The unit has performed flawlessly since installed a couple of months ago.
Reclaim called me before 8:00 am following my call to their 1300 number last night (I didn't leave a message ... so they were proactive).
Their rep conducted over the phone trouble shooting and volunteered a service call was needed., attended on site this afternoon, replaced a fowled water pump, and we now have hot water again.
Great professional service from an innovative company that actually cares about its customers. Show details
Brad
BradWASouth West, WA2 posts

Great HWS

Very quiet unit. Have not bothered with timer functionality as unit appears to be very economical in any event. Show details
RichardWAPerth, WA17 posts

Reclaim Energy CO2 Heat Pump Hot Water System

Excellent choice when coupled with a solar roof top array. Minimal grid import costs estimated over the last nine months at about 350 to 500 watts per day. Quite frankly I don't even believe it is that much as I run a spreadsheet recording daily PV and grid import data and there is hardly any difference between last year and this year. I'm glad our old gas storage hot water system failed as we are saving over $300 per gas billing period. I estimate the new system will pay for itself in around four years. Show details
LWC
LWCWASouth West, WA6 posts

Hotwater you cant do without it

The system is working as intended. Brilliant. It's a little noisy but its outside and comparable to an air conditioner unit. It heats water at a fraction the cost of a standard electric unit. Couple this with a PV system on your roof and you're not paying anything at all for hot water if your set the timer correctly. Expense (6k) is the only downside, but it does eventually pay for itself. Show details
Bruno
BrunoWAPerth, WA4 posts

Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
joshplus
joshplusWAPerth, WA4 posts

Heat pumps are the way to go for hot water

Excellent system. Replaced our gas hot water system with this over 9 months ago and have since removed all gas usage from the house. We set our system to turn on only between 10am and 4pm (to use our solar power) and it is more than sufficient to keep the hot water until the next day even with 5 people in the household plus guests.

The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is due to an issue with our temperature sensor where it wasn't being held tight in the tank meaning there was some unnecessary heating cycles - that was easily resolved though with some tape to bulk up the cable, but it should have been done during the installation. Show details

Hugh J.
Hugh J.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Anne R.
Anne R.WAPerth, WA

Has halved our energy bills, silent as a mouse and have not run out of hot water once!

Installed 9mths ago, replaced an often boosted solar roof top system and has halved our energy bills.

We absolutely love this purchase!

Initial outlay substantial, but has been awesome. Show details

Paul
PaulNorthern Territory2 posts

Reclaim Heat Pump 325 Litre

This is my second Reclaim heat pump what a big difference it makes to our electric bills, runs alongside a 6.6 kw solar system. Always plenty of hot water and the reliability and warranty make kit a great heat pump.
Good after service and regular messages to check system. Show details
Unsatisfied
Unsatisfied2 posts

Should have upgraded years ago

We use bottled LPG for cooking and hot water Bottled gas was getting expensive so changed over to the heat pump for our hot water 9 months ago and haven't had to buy a bottle since ,at $160 per bottle and using about 10-11 per year it will take about 3.5 years to pay for the system ,Ureco's service was great and there installers done a very good job ,highly recommended
the 400l storage is plenty for a house with 5 adults ,unit is whisper quiet Show details

Trish M.
Trish M.

Hi
I have a quote for Reclaim GL 315l for $5.2k with rebate. I also have a quote for a 270l Emerald Plane for $1.7k with rebates. Big difference. Is the reclaim unit worth the price premium over the emerald.

Jane P.

Our hws unit is on option 4, heating between 10.00am and 4pm. My question is, does the timer automatically adjust to Daylight saving time and if not how do I adjust the time.

Terry Meagher

It’s all relative to the sun powering your PV system. The sun does not recognise DAYLIGHT SAVING. So best to leave the setting as is all year round

Jane P.

Hi Terry, thinking about it, yes it is best to leave the timer as is.

Kate C.
Kate C.

We've had a reclaim for about a year - lots of hot water but not happy with the noise levels - it spends about 30-60 mins 3-4x per day in some sort of noisy mode, even when no one is using hot water (like 4am) Sound meter registers 60 decibels when standing half a meter away and it's annoying the neighbors. Installer has come out twice, determined it is not registering the tank temperature correctly and over heating. Has replaced some parts, leading to some improvement for a few weeks but now it's getting worse again. Any suggestions?

CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage Systems