4.9

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

BJRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Interesting system factual numbers also.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$4,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Peter More

Peter MoreQueensland

Great Hot Water Heat Pump

My neighbor has a Reclaim Hot Water Heat Pump and I was pretty happy with what the savings he got from off his energy bill as it’s over halved, here in Queensland it’s ideal to have one aswell as it’s a good fit down the side of the house. Peter

Purchased in November 2019.

Ronnie Norris

Ronnie NorrisSydney Surrounds, NSW

It was time to upgrade out hot water unit to a Energy Efficient Reclaim Energy Hot Water Heat Pump

It was time to upgrade our hot water system due to it was 8 years old and we didn’t want to go through another winter worrying if it would break down so our plumber recommended a Reclaim Energy Hot Water Heat Pump due to it will save us money and the government rebate is fantastic, we are very happy with the system.

Purchased in December 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Reclaim Energy compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

christopher hamwell

christopher hamwellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reclaim Energy Heat Pump - awesome!

Great thermal output, whisper quiet and it saves us money!
We are a family of 5, so you can imagine how massive our ultility bills can get up to - now I don't worry so much when the electricity bill comes through.
The Reclaim CO2 heat pump is awesome - thanks to the Australians that designed it!

Brooke Anderson

Brooke AndersonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Happy with my Reclaim Hot Water Heat Pump

I did my research and found that the Reclaim Hot Water Heat Pump is the way to go due to the features the controller has and how energy efficient the heat pump is and after I worked out the savings this is the system I need to save me on my hot water bills.

I live in a Melbourne inner suburb and found it’s only 37db which is so quiet and changing from gas is the best thing I have done.

Thank-you Brooke

Purchased in March 2020.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

CO2 Heat Pump - Reclaim Energy Hot Water Heat Pump

Researched a diversity of hot water heat pumps and settled on the excellent CO2 Reclaim Energy unit. The control panel allows me to easily choose when it runs, it is super quiet, provides great hot water, and is really neat and tidy. Further it is a competitive price for a premium product. This is the future of hot water. Almost all days I can run the unit of my solar panels. A real winner.

Purchased in July 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
JXT

JXTByron bay

Cant believe we didn't do this earlier!

We recently installed a Reclaim Energy Heat Pump, the unit is catering for the hot water needs for seven people and has not missed a beat. We have PV so the flexible controller is a huge bonus as we can manage our costs. It is whisper quiet, we cant tell its on unless you walk right up to it I thoroughly recommend this unit to anyone.

Purchased in May 2020.

Noise Level
Household Size 7 person(s)
2nd class citizen

2nd class citizenPerth, WA

Fantastic hot water system

We picked this heat pump to replace an aging; and expensive to run, LPG HWS. It's amazing how much and how fast this unit puts hot water out, we have big spa baths in a 4 person household and have never had the unit go cold (which a similar sized LPG system would often do). The heat exchanger & fan are ridiculously quiet, it's installed right outside a bedroom and you can't hear it with the windows open.
If only we could direct that cool air coming off it into a room in the summer!

Purchased in April 2020 at URECO for A$4,600.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
DDo

DDoPerth, WA

The pick of the bunch

The Reclaim was installed 6 months ago to replace an existing Edwards Solar system (very old).
It will be connected to PV when they are installed. Whisper quiet running, quick heat recharge and no complaints from the two users.

Purchased in May 2019 at Ureco for A$4,478.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Maha

MahaWestern Australia

Best move we have made

The demand for hot water is good we have not run out of hot water since we have had the system installed and there is at least for to five people showering every day and not short showers either as far as heat goes the people that installed the system set the meter and we have not touched this and is fine

Purchased in June 2019.

Richard Parsons

Richard ParsonsPerth, WA

A great choice

We have had our Ureco Reclaim Energy heat pump for 6 months. Our solar panels provide power for it. It is very quiet (I'm more aware of our fridge running), and the water is consistently hot. Usually 2 people in the house, but occasionally 4, and no complaints. Very happy, and no downside.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$6,000.00.

Jacinta

JacintaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hot water, happy days

We’ve had ours for a few weeks and love it! The water is hot, it doesn’t take long to heat up, there’s plenty of it and the fan is quiet.

Purchased in August 2019.

D. Smith

D. Smithasked

Hello. I did read somewhere that heat pumps do not work that great in cold weather. I’m wondering how well the Reclaim Energy units go in temperatures around 0 and a couple degrees below 0?

Saeed T.Reclaim Energy

Hi D. Smith and thank you for the question.
The short answer is we have installations in cold regions such as Armidale, Snowy Mountain, and Yachandandah with a large number of zero degrees and no issues. Of course, if the weather is very cold, the unit can experience freeze and frost protection cycles from time to time which can lead to higher power consumption compared to normal time.
Reclaim comes with a built-in freeze and frost protection. Freeze protection will protect all water circuit from freezing when the water temperature in pipes between the heat pump and tank and inside heat pump drops below 2C. On the other hand, frost protection will be activated for about 5-20 minutes when ambient is less than 5.5 C during the heat pump operation. The Defrost cycle can be avoided if you use option 4 on the controller and run your heat pump during day time (i.e. instead of during the off-peak and coldest time of day). The normal power draw is about 2.5 kWh/day/315L and with defrost/freeze cycles this double up.
If you have further questions, please contact us on hello@reclaimenergy.com.au and we are happy to share some data on installations. You can also follow our Facebook page which includes some additional data from our installations. Thank you.

BJR

I recently had a unit installed and my plumber told me they work better in Cold weather, he is a brilliant plumber to and has been installing them for 20 years.

BrianDiane H.

BrianDiane H.asked

We’re currently looking at heat pump hot water services for our new house. Is there a smaller size than the 315 litres as there will be only the two of us most of the time. TIA

Hi Brian,
There is 160, 250 L available as well. Please reach out to hello@reclaimenergy.com.au and we will help you out. Thank you

BJR

My kids will be moving out and we installed the 315litre unit fyi.

Adam

Adamasked

Hi do you have a retailer in sth east Melbourne? What's the cost of your larger heat pump before any incentives?

Saeed T.Reclaim Energy

Hi Adam, Please note heat pumps with a capacity above 700L are not eligible for any rebates at this stage. We know that in a year or so, NSW and VIC will implement some measures to provide rebates but at this stage, no rebate is available for any commercial-scale hot water heat pumps. If you are interested in our domestic version, you can reach out to G-Store in east Melbourne. They can help you with pricing etc. If you simply have more questions on the product before contacting G-Store, you can reach us on hello@reclaimenergy.com.au

BJR

Adam just wrote a honest review check it out, G Store in East Malvern great co and professional. https://www.gstore.com.au/. No i dont work with them happy customer thats all.

Get an answer from our members and Reclaim Energy representatives