Dux Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Dux Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Useless crap!!!!! stay well away!!!!!

We had this unit installed at our new home. Worked fine for about 18 months, but it blew the joining pipe between the 2 panels- the pipes coming out of the panels are very short not much room for the olive ring to seal on!!! Now just as we are coming into winter this year, I now notice our frost valve is leaking even though the temps around 10 degrees. Bought a new one & installed but its still opening to early.....need to investigate more.
I think the money I spent on the solar hot water system would have been better spent on a basic hws & solar power system & let it pay for the heating during the day!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Dux Rubbish

Had a Dux Sunpro Solar system installed September 2011. Anti frost valve required replacing in March 2014, less than 3 years from new - my cost $363. It appears Dux 5 year warranty on collectors doesn't include anything that fails. Now 2 years later, anti frost valve is leaking profusely again. Looking at having system removed as it is cheaper to run an electric system than to maintain Dux rubbish. Be warned. Allan

Just don't do it !

Bernie

BernieGolden Grove

Frost Valve Fail - Caleffi 603040

Two big water bills and two failed valves all within installation of Sept 2011. How many valves at $185 each do we have to purchase to stop this waste of water and our money. Very unhappy with Dux Sunpro.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Bernie, Dux Manufacturing Limited would like to look into this further for you, please email feedback@dux.com.au, please provide the serial number of your hot water system and please use reference number PRW208.Thanks Dux After Sales.

Ray

RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

You can't complain about the service. Their is none.

Dux H.Dux

Hi Ray, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at feedback@dux.com.au with reference number PRW153, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Thanks Dux After Sales.

Helen

Helenasked

3F136S Running out of hot water after a wash up and one shower.

Dux C.Dux

Hi Helen,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

CJUngerasked

I tryed to buy one to day as the tank is now leaking just under 10 years and told there would be aweek delay thankd DUX.Were do you get them ? who has them in stock?

Mac

I am sorry but I can't answer as to where to buy them Try on the internet. I would stay clear of Dux if I were you'

Hi CJUnger,

May we know what city are you from?

Best Regads,

CJUnger

where can they be purchased in sydney or mosevale who keep them in stock not bunnings there a special order. thanks

cj

The Lad

The Ladasked

I have a Dux Sun Pro off peak and Solar water heater, the mixer valve is on the way out. Would it harm the system to use it until the valve is compleatly done?
I have been told I can remove the valve, it's unnecessary, then I can go back to scalding pigs with my hot water.

Hi The Lad,

Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly.

Mac

Hi mate I am sorry but I have not had a problem of this nature. The best person to speak to would be your local plumber, he should be able to help.

Hi The Lad,

The tempering valve is a mandatory plumbing fixture under Australian Standards AS3500.4.
If this is becoming faulty, the valve needs to be serviced or replaced by a licensed plumber.

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

CategorySolar Water Heaters