• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

I installed my Dux Sunpro 315 litre tank in 2007 just this week (17/11/2020) replaced the tank. Steve.

Boosted only on odd days after several days of overcast. 3 adults usage dishwasher, cloths wash every 2nd day. Replaced frost only once since 2007 overtemp tripped only once. All ok

Purchased in April 2007 at Origin Solar for A$2,300.00.

Steve
Steve

Do I get a discount on my new tank being installed on Monday by Hobbs Plumbing?
I very happy with the Dux products
Steve D.

John O

Another unhappy customer in a long line.

Purchased in July 2015.

John O'Neill Mobile 0439 436247 Unit serial number : 13032730044H

colinrowe

colinroweSydney Surrounds, NSW

Leaking Dux Sunpro DN15DS

Had a Dux Sunpro DN15DS installed on a new house, just noticed a water leak at the bottom of the unit. Last year during winter had the relief valve replaced.

Purchased in June 2017.

disgruntledMelbourne

DUX Sunpro quick easy fix for Resol controller fault

Purchased in May 2009.

NancyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst hot water system ever! Broken just after 5 year warranty!

Worst system! Not having enough hot water to use 2 showers at once. Problem starts after 3 years and now just after 5 years, there is no hot water at all. It happened to many other people that have the unit installed in 2013. No wonder the product is now discontinued. Dux does not take responsibility. I have contacted ACCC about this.

Purchased in May 2013.

I have sent an email this morning. It was from nalumi5@yahoo.com

Nancy

No contact was made. Dux just send the same message to everyone saying they will try to resolve the issue ASAP but they actually do nothing!!!

David P.

David P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

works great but persistant breakdowns

Had this unit for 7 years now and have had persistant problems new house built by Burbank. DAY 1 no hot water service callout and finally fixed. From then on it worked well until 2 yrs and electronic controller died 650 $$$$ and out of warranty as with previous comments its all on your own back now several breakdowns since then and a very sympathetic plumber who has a serious dislike of the brand looked after us each time with no charge sometimes as in the area and was a quick fix but the inconvenience of breakdowns make it a poor choice of unit it has now gone again and think this will be the last

Purchased in September 2012.

Dux C.Dux

Very bad product and customer service

Burbank has installed this product at our property in Aug 2013. We had hot water problem already 3 times in 6 years. Now, again on 14/06/2019 hot water stopped and when I called company - guess what - the girl on the other side started saying it's out of warranty instead discussing the problem or offering some guidance or help to get it fixed.
Hope, management will check how customer service people are dealing with the customers.

Purchased in August 2013.

Household Size4 person(s)
R NM

R NMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Dux sunpro hot water system

Purchased in November 2012 at From builder.

Dux C.Dux

Worst hot water service on the market!!!

I would not recommend this product to anyone. My partner and myself purchased a new house 2 years ago which came with a sunpro unit and have had nothing but problems with it spewing out water. After calling dux and being told that a 3 year old unit is not under warranty it cost me $400 for a new diverter valve. The plumber also shook his head when he seen I had a sunpro unit and said that they are a bottom end product and to get rid of it as soon as I can.

Purchased in May 2016.

Household Size4 person(s)
Zack Gorringe
Zack Gorringe

Ambre1506

Ambre1506Sydney, NSW

Problems From Day one

HWS was not working before I moved into my new McDonald Jones Home in October 2015. Plumber blamed electrician, electrician blamed the solar panel installer. Anyway eventually was working.
I don't seem to have any problems until cloudy or wet days then little or no hot water. I have had technicians out now 4 times the last only being 3 days ago and he said the unit is faulty and we should purchase a new one.
I am still without hot water and just waiting for a sunny day to hopefully get some hot water. I'm not in a position to buy a new HWS at the moment. Quoted $2000 for a replacement.

Purchased in October 2015.

Household Size1 person(s)

Not working properly

I installed this system in my home 4 years ago through Mac Donald jones Homes and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening.We experienced this issue in the first year several times and technicians came and fixed and changed different parts many times but the issues remains same.Then they changed whole unit and was working fine.Now the problem is not hot water if it is cloudy.Sometimes if we turn off and on the the power switch it will start and hot water will be there for while.Sometimes it doesn’t work.Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2016.

Liz185Goulburn Valley, VIC

It is that time of the year again where the dux cools the water during the day!

I purchased my home 4 years ago and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening. It seems that the water pump just cools the water down during the day. Electric boost of a night means I can shower in hot water morning only! Each year I get the system looked at and am told it works fine. My last house had a Solarhart, it was a fantastic system and the water would only be cold if I had 2 cloudy days. Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2010.

Household Size1 person(s)

Thanks, email sent

Anitra

AnitraMid North Coast, NSW

Not good enough

After noticing the solar connected Dux tank seemed cooler I turned on the booster switch overnight. next morning the water was cold. A visit by the installer replaced the thermostat. I retain the installation reciepts.

Purchased in December 2017.

Brownie

BrownieCowaramup

Absolutely disgusting support.

6 year old system. $1000 on new pump and diverted which was suggested by tech support over the phone as Duc have no supportimg plumbers in our region. No tech support in our area. Customer service Would allow me to talk to any one in management. Totally appalled at this product and Dux staff.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Do not buy a Dux Sunpro Solar system!

Within 11 years we need to replace the 315 litre tank for the 3rd time. 5 years ago the first tank was replaced after threating to shame them in providing a replacement. Now the tank is leaking again and water is coming out around the side inspection cover. After contacting Dux they will not replace it, will cost approx $2500 to replace. They Market a 5 year warranty. They should say their product will last 5 years. To replace the whole system with another manufacture will cost $7000 plus. Don't buy a Dux you will be sorry, I have contacted the Dept of Fair Trading and hopefully they can do something.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

MacBermagui

We wasted our hard earned money

In 2013 we had a Sunpro solar hot water system installed in our newly built house. Within 3 and a half years the collector tubes under the glass panels started to corrode. As the system was still under warranty I contacted Dux but was told by the receptionist to send photos of the problem. I sent the photos to them but was told that they would not do anything unless the system was leaking even though there was a five year warranty. I have kept all the correspondence which I had with Dux, including photos.This company should be discredited in selling a really bad product. The corrosion is really bad now and it is out of warranty, I fear that at any time it will cease to function. Stay away from Dux.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Mac

So what you are saying is that the corrosion will not eat into the pipes and cause a problem i.e. water leakage etc. during the life of these panels????

Mac

How much more bad publicity does Dux need before they bite the bullet and FIX some of these outstanding issues. Mac

Stay away from DUX ...Total waste of money

I have got DUX DS15DS solar boosted hot water system only 4 years old and every year from last 2 years I have to spend $500 for repairs and this is 3rd year where I have got yet another problem.. I will complain to related authority ... their customer Service is terrible too...

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Dux H.Dux

Worst than Garbage! ACCC needs to get involved!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Lal

LalMelbourne

Total Garbage

We installed this unit just 4 months back after our old unit started giving problems. In the first week, water started gushing out from the opening at the top of the unit and now the sensor has stopped working. We have been without hot water for almost one week. I called Dux and the reply given by their customer service person was that I am not the only one without hot water. Dux does not care about their customers. Their customer service people are rude. They are insensitive to the needs of their customers. Never buy a dux product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DUX SUX

Take into cost of replacing DUX panels every 5-6 years, mine started leaking after 2 years, at the time DUX said they would replace them but I would have to pay the cost of removing and installing the new ones ... DUX SUX

Date PurchasedMar 2009

dave c.

dave c.asked

Sunpro

my dux gas boosted solar hot water system has low water pressure, what may be wrong

Hi Dave,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Best Regards,

Gday Dave
OK so cold water to the house is still good? Is it low pressure on all hot taps in the house?
If it's only on one tap then the tap is probably faulty, maybe the washer needs replacing.
Has anybody touched the cold water inlet valve, you never know it may be turned down.
It could be the inlet valve or maybe the tempering valve otherwise the gas booster or the system itself is the problem.
HTH
Cheers
Rod

Michael Keaneasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi, can I use my hot water heater will the solar panels are being serviced.

GDAY Michael
I'm only guessing but I think you would have to get a plumber to bypass the panels
Have you asked the company doing the service?
Good luck

Thank you.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for raising this question.

You will be able to get limited hot water via element. Your plumber will need to disconnect the flow and return lines to the collectors at the tank, power off the solar module (this is the controller and pump) and you will have 1/2 the tank capacity available by element as it is located 1/2 way up the tank. You will need to take that into consideration, only 157L will be available at a time via element.

Best Regards,

Peter R

Peter Rasked

Sunpro

I have a solar gas sunpro system how do I turn the temperature up in it. Thanks you

disgruntled

Gday Peter have you got a manual for the system?, if not try downloading one from the internet.
This may tell you. However, all hot water systems are now fitted with tempering valves which mix the hot water from the system with cold to give water at a controlled safe temperature i.e. not scalding hot. This may be playing up, get it checked by a local plumber perhaps. Otherwise the system may not be working. If you read previous posts I described how to find out what controller your system uses and how to download a manual for this. Hopefully the controller has a diagnostic system built in which will show you what is happening, but you need the manual for the controller to do this.
Otherwise you can check that the gas booster is working by turning on a hot tap and seeing if the booster fires up. This is clear because hot exhaust gas will come out the exhaust on the front pf the booster.
Check that you are getting some solar gain from the roof panels by carefully touching the copper pipe from the tank to the pump, this comes down from the roof and into the side of the control box on the front of the main tank. If its sunny this should be warm to hot and you can feel the pump vibrating slightly.
If it's been sunny for a while the main tank should be at a significantly higher temperature than the ambient air, check this by carefully touching the hot water supply pipe to the booster at the top of the tank, it should be quite warm to hot.
HTH
Cheers

Hi Peter,

Thanks for raising your question.

The temperature of the system is fixed and not adjustable. There is a Tempering Valve downstream of the system (orange-capped valve) that will need to be cleaned and serviced or replaced by your plumber.

Please let us know at help@dux.com.au if we can help you further.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Compare all 13 Dux Sunpro
Dux Sunpro DL15DT3DC
  • Discontinued

Dux Sunpro DL15DT3DC

2.0
CategorySolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water HeatersSolar Water Heaters
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Ecosmart Electric Boosted SolarDux Ecosmart Electric Boosted SolarDux Ecosmart Electric Boosted SolarDux Ecosmart Electric Boosted Solar
Compare all 13 Dux Sunpro