NancyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst hot water system ever! Broken just after 5 year warranty!

Worst system! Not having enough hot water to use 2 showers at once. Problem starts after 3 years and now just after 5 years, there is no hot water at all. It happened to many other people that have the unit installed in 2013. No wonder the product is now discontinued. Dux does not take responsibility. I have contacted ACCC about this.

Purchased in May 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

I have sent an email this morning. It was from nalumi5@yahoo.com

Nancy

No contact was made. Dux just send the same message to everyone saying they will try to resolve the issue ASAP but they actually do nothing!!!

David P.

David P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

works great but persistant breakdowns

Had this unit for 7 years now and have had persistant problems new house built by Burbank. DAY 1 no hot water service callout and finally fixed. From then on it worked well until 2 yrs and electronic controller died 650 $$$$ and out of warranty as with previous comments its all on your own back now several breakdowns since then and a very sympathetic plumber who has a serious dislike of the brand looked after us each time with no charge sometimes as in the area and was a quick fix but the inconvenience of breakdowns make it a poor choice of unit it has now gone again and think this will be the last

Purchased in September 2012.

Dux C.Dux

Very bad product and customer service

Burbank has installed this product at our property in Aug 2013. We had hot water problem already 3 times in 6 years. Now, again on 14/06/2019 hot water stopped and when I called company - guess what - the girl on the other side started saying it's out of warranty instead discussing the problem or offering some guidance or help to get it fixed.
Hope, management will check how customer service people are dealing with the customers.

Purchased in August 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
R NM

R NMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Dux sunpro hot water system

Purchased in November 2012 at From builder.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Dux C.Dux

Worst hot water service on the market!!!

I would not recommend this product to anyone. My partner and myself purchased a new house 2 years ago which came with a sunpro unit and have had nothing but problems with it spewing out water. After calling dux and being told that a 3 year old unit is not under warranty it cost me $400 for a new diverter valve. The plumber also shook his head when he seen I had a sunpro unit and said that they are a bottom end product and to get rid of it as soon as I can.

Purchased in May 2016.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Zack Gorringe
Zack Gorringe

Ambre1506

Ambre1506Sydney, NSW

Problems From Day one

HWS was not working before I moved into my new McDonald Jones Home in October 2015. Plumber blamed electrician, electrician blamed the solar panel installer. Anyway eventually was working.
I don't seem to have any problems until cloudy or wet days then little or no hot water. I have had technicians out now 4 times the last only being 3 days ago and he said the unit is faulty and we should purchase a new one.
I am still without hot water and just waiting for a sunny day to hopefully get some hot water. I'm not in a position to buy a new HWS at the moment. Quoted $2000 for a replacement.

Purchased in October 2015.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Not working properly

I installed this system in my home 4 years ago through Mac Donald jones Homes and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening.We experienced this issue in the first year several times and technicians came and fixed and changed different parts many times but the issues remains same.Then they changed whole unit and was working fine.Now the problem is not hot water if it is cloudy.Sometimes if we turn off and on the the power switch it will start and hot water will be there for while.Sometimes it doesn’t work.Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2016.

Liz185Goulburn Valley, VIC

It is that time of the year again where the dux cools the water during the day!

I purchased my home 4 years ago and each winter I have cold water and am unable to shower or wash dishes of an evening. It seems that the water pump just cools the water down during the day. Electric boost of a night means I can shower in hot water morning only! Each year I get the system looked at and am told it works fine. My last house had a Solarhart, it was a fantastic system and the water would only be cold if I had 2 cloudy days. Dux system is a water cooler.

Purchased in August 2010.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Thanks, email sent

Anitra

AnitraMid North Coast, NSW

Not good enough

After noticing the solar connected Dux tank seemed cooler I turned on the booster switch overnight. next morning the water was cold. A visit by the installer replaced the thermostat. I retain the installation reciepts.

Purchased in December 2017.

Brownie

BrownieCowaramup

Absolutely disgusting support.

6 year old system. $1000 on new pump and diverted which was suggested by tech support over the phone as Duc have no supportimg plumbers in our region. No tech support in our area. Customer service Would allow me to talk to any one in management. Totally appalled at this product and Dux staff.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Do not buy a Dux Sunpro Solar system!

Within 11 years we need to replace the 315 litre tank for the 3rd time. 5 years ago the first tank was replaced after threating to shame them in providing a replacement. Now the tank is leaking again and water is coming out around the side inspection cover. After contacting Dux they will not replace it, will cost approx $2500 to replace. They Market a 5 year warranty. They should say their product will last 5 years. To replace the whole system with another manufacture will cost $7000 plus. Don't buy a Dux you will be sorry, I have contacted the Dept of Fair Trading and hopefully they can do something.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

MacBermagui

We wasted our hard earned money

In 2013 we had a Sunpro solar hot water system installed in our newly built house. Within 3 and a half years the collector tubes under the glass panels started to corrode. As the system was still under warranty I contacted Dux but was told by the receptionist to send photos of the problem. I sent the photos to them but was told that they would not do anything unless the system was leaking even though there was a five year warranty. I have kept all the correspondence which I had with Dux, including photos.This company should be discredited in selling a really bad product. The corrosion is really bad now and it is out of warranty, I fear that at any time it will cease to function. Stay away from Dux.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Mac

So what you are saying is that the corrosion will not eat into the pipes and cause a problem i.e. water leakage etc. during the life of these panels????

Mac

How much more bad publicity does Dux need before they bite the bullet and FIX some of these outstanding issues. Mac

Stay away from DUX ...Total waste of money

I have got DUX DS15DS solar boosted hot water system only 4 years old and every year from last 2 years I have to spend $500 for repairs and this is 3rd year where I have got yet another problem.. I will complain to related authority ... their customer Service is terrible too...

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Dux H.Dux

Worst than Garbage! ACCC needs to get involved!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Lal

LalMelbourne

Total Garbage

We installed this unit just 4 months back after our old unit started giving problems. In the first week, water started gushing out from the opening at the top of the unit and now the sensor has stopped working. We have been without hot water for almost one week. I called Dux and the reply given by their customer service person was that I am not the only one without hot water. Dux does not care about their customers. Their customer service people are rude. They are insensitive to the needs of their customers. Never buy a dux product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

DUX SUX

Take into cost of replacing DUX panels every 5-6 years, mine started leaking after 2 years, at the time DUX said they would replace them but I would have to pay the cost of removing and installing the new ones ... DUX SUX

Date PurchasedMar 2009

Useless crap!!!!! stay well away!!!!!

We had this unit installed at our new home. Worked fine for about 18 months, but it blew the joining pipe between the 2 panels- the pipes coming out of the panels are very short not much room for the olive ring to seal on!!! Now just as we are coming into winter this year, I now notice our frost valve is leaking even though the temps around 10 degrees. Bought a new one & installed but its still opening to early.....need to investigate more.
I think the money I spent on the solar hot water system would have been better spent on a basic hws & solar power system & let it pay for the heating during the day!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Shay M

Shay MBendigo

Awful Company, Useless Product

5 years on from installation, and the system is not working again. Gas booster won't ignite. As the last 3 times it's been repaired have been diverter valves, I can safely assume that this will be the problem again. First three repairs were under warranty, last one was on us. Most unreliable product I've ever come across and trying to get a plumber in my area to service this system is almost impossible. I honestly don't know how Dux could sell these.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Terrible Company & Product...

We built the house back on Aug 2013 and we got this Hot water cylinder choosen by the builder maybe its a cheaper option for them!! And unfortunately not even 5yrs now its broken and not working anymore, I called a professional Plumber hoping we can able to fix it but he said he got alot of bad experience with these products by DUX. Even someone can fix it, the problem will come back again and it wont be cheap.. I highly won't recommend this company to anyone, not very helpful Customer Service as well!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Michael W.asked

I’m in TAREE 2430. How much would I expect to pay for a tank please

Naveen
Naveen

Terrible product, take it to the tip ASAP.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question.

Just to inform you that Dux do not sell our units direct to the public but all of our units are available to purchase from plumbing merchants.

Here are the merchants which are close to your area for you to contact and obtain a price and order from:

Bunnings Taree= 02 6591 2500
Reece Taree= 02 5594 7710
Tradelink Taree= 02 6537 9500
Hot Water Maintenance Taree= 1300 130 060 (they can do supply and install)

Let us know if you still have other concerns.

Mickasked

I have a Dux 4F136S 415lt tank with 3 solar panel, built 6/2009 so over 10 years old and just started leaking. Can a new tank only be purchased? We’ve been very happy with the system an think 10 years from the tank is what should be expected.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry Mick.

The replacement tank is a 400DPM36, this is a dedicated solar tank with sensors, controller and pump built on at the factory, it also includes a solar Tempering valve.

Let us know if you need some help identifying where to buy one.

Mick

Yes please, help, where do you buy one out Narellan, NSW.

Hi Mick,

You can order the 400L Dux Ecosmart Solar tank from Parramatta Hot Water on 9630 6683 or Australian Hot Water (Macarthur) on 1300 132 113.

Thanks for your support.

Lauren B.

Lauren B.asked

We have a hotlogic box which is flashing red on the output. We have to turn the unit off to restart the unit. We have to restart the unit every night. Is this a simple fix?? Has a sensor gone?

Hi Lauren,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives