Dyson Cool Tower Fan

Dyson Cool Tower Fan

MPNs: 301216-01, 301218-01, 35994013 and 3 more
See the Best Standalone Fans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Pros

Effectively cools air
Quiet
Lightweight

Cons

Not as powerful as expected

• Power
Jessie J.
Jessie J.South East Queensland, QLD

Really good, but could use improvements

I love this. It looks great, easy to use. Just feel for the price it could pump more air out! Other than that rally happy with this purchase and customer was pretty smooth.

Purchased in for $679.

Comfort at night

This cooling and air filtering unit really makes a real difference. Nights can be warm even hot and humid. This unit cools and cleans the air. As a hay fever sufferer I feel the difference perhaps more than the average. I fully recommend this machine.

Purchased in at Dyson for $700.

Michael C
Michael CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced and poor design.

It looks stylish, but underneath it has some basic design flaws.
Firstly, only above 7 does it give an air flow that is half way reasonable.
Secondly, the air inlets are close to the ground and are constantly getting clogged with pet hair or just general dust.
Has an intermittent problem of just stopping at some random time. Since it is out of guarantee, is it worth it to go to a service centre and pay hundreds of dollars or just buy a less stylish but more economic fan.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $500.

markehemming
markehemmingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very expensive white noise generator.

When our pedestal fan broke, my partner wanted something more "stylish" so we got this.

Now, if it's a tower fan you particularly wanted, then this one may be the best choice... but if you want to keep cool, then I suggest you go for a regular pedestal fan.

This thing is very noisy, and if you are more than a metre or so away, useless.

Also, it has to be placed on a stand, or table, otherwise what air it does blow is directed at your knees.

Finally, its quite flimsy too. Functionally, there nothing about it that really justifies its price.

Hopefully.... it will last long enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $469.

PoshBlondie
PoshBlondieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dyson disappoints once again

I really gave this brand a fair shot at impressing me with their products but sadly, this hasn’t happened as yet.
I was disappointed with other Dyson products so I don’t know why I was hopeful with this one but here goes...
This is just a fan. It doesn’t cool down your room, it really just circulates warm air, same as a $10 fan does. Nothing special. It looks nice and chic but that’s about it.
Another thing - it’s quite noisy and I bought the improved version which had something like 70% less noise than the previous one and I still feel like I’m standing next to a jet.
Do yourselves a favour and just buy a decent fan, nothing over $50. This one is definitely not worth $600.

Purchased in at Myer for $600.

Mamdouh N.
Mamdouh N.Sydney, NSW

No refund given if you are not happy with Dyson products

The air coming from the fan is very weak and it is exactly similar to the very cheap $40 fan. Has the same sound like any ordinary fan. Dyson give instructions to shops not to refund or exchange any of their products it has to go through them so be careful to buy any of Dyson products. David Jones was reluctantly give me a refund after one day of purchase because I don’t like it and I opened the box.
Be extra careful when buying any Dyson products.

Purchased in at David Jones.

noisy and oscillating non-stop

Bought the fan last year cause of its cool look. It has been noisy and now I can't use the remote to stop it from rotating. It even continues to oscillate after power-off. Not a reliable fan!

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $499.

Lai
Lai

Can’t get through the line.
I am in Singapore.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
GJ M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Failed after 6 weeks

Purchased at Myer Chadstone on 29/12/19 for $799.00. Probably the most expensive fan on the market. Stopped dead for absolutely no reason on 10/2/20 (approx 6 weeks later). Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in at Myer for $799.

Susu
SusuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent control of air flow

This fan cools the whole of my living area and I use it every summer day in Queensland. Really like the remote control function - I do not have to leave my lounge chair to turn the fan speed, down or to turn it off. My only suggestion to Dyson is that the remote control have coloured or illuminated indicators for the on/off and fan swivel buttons. At night I have to turn the light on to see the buttons on the remote. I would give it 9.9 out of 10 for functionality though.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $520.

Mark
MarkFar North Queensland, QLD

Exact same as the review below. Failed after two weeks!

From reading other reviews, it would appear that this fan can often not tolerate operating on speed 10. The unit displayed an F4 error code after operating for two hours. I turned it off and back on again (as you do!) but it has now completely died. Bought it online from Myers for $450 in the Boxing Day sales. It will be going back to my local store in Cairns tomorrow. It’s the DeLorean of pedestal fans...looks great but has an inherent issue.

Purchased in at Myer for $450.

Viv
Viv

Very poor product. Utterly disappointed.

I purchased this fan from Myer online store. Used it for only one week before it went faulty and decided not to operate again. I'm very disappointed with dyson products. Hopefully Myer will arrange a refund to me. I really want to get my money back and spend it on another product that is worth my money.

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $450.

Skye
Skye

Amazing in the aircon

I use my Dyson fan when I have my aircon on in summer and it just pushes the cold air around the room faster and more efficiently than with my aircon alone. Would buy again and would recommend to anyone! Amazing product

Ai D.
Ai D.South East Queensland, QLD

Stylish fan

Sleek design and looks like a piece of art in the living room. Easy to clean and easy to move around. Would have bought the hot and cool but the price is too much for what you get out of the product. I guess people are paying for the brand.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $600.

High pitch noise from my AM07

Hi, I’m from Singapore.
After months of usage my fan developed some kind of high pitch noise which comes and goes sometimes but it rather disturbing for me to sleep soundly given the noise keep surrounding and tune into my head...

Purchased in .

Trumpygirl
TrumpygirlCentral Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Fan but unable to clean properly.

Powerful fan, but in Australia, collects a lot of dust. Unable to clean it properly around the motor. The vents get really clogged, not even a compressor can blow it out. If it could be designed to clean the air intake, then I would give it 10 out of 10.

Date Purchased

JohnL
JohnLasked

We have owned a Dyson tower fan for a few years.
The base white plastic has turned a dark yellow. Almost Gold.
For a premium product you would not expect this sort of discolouring.
Can the base be replaced?

DysonDysonSend a private message

We would recommend contacting our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help and discuss this further with you. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Babs
Babsasked

My AM07 will not stop oscillating. Can this be fixed

GigsMG
GigsMGasked

The remote on my Dyson Cool tower fan stopped working. I replaced the battery, that did nothing, reset the connection, also nothing, ordered a new remote and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

See all Dyson Cool Tower Fan questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Features:

• The Dyson Cool Tower Fan has 10 precise airflow settings that can be chosen with a remote control, so you can change the flow from a different room.
  • It has Air Multiplier technology that amplifies the surrounding air and gies you an uninterrupted stream of consistent and controlled airflow.
  • Because it doesn’t have fast-spinning blades, it’s safer than a lot of other standalone fans, and you don’t need to worry about curious little fingers.
  • Without a safety grille or blades, it’s also simple to clean. All you have to do is wipe it down with a dry or damp cloth.
  • A sleep timer on the fan lets you program it to turn it off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours, so you can fall asleep with it still running.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the fan could effectively cool - and in some cases even clean - the air in their homes. Reviewers said that it provided a nice, steady stream of air, with some users even saying that they stopped using their air con after using this fan.
  • Reviewers also said that their Dyson was quiet, with one even describing it as ‘whisper quiet’.
  • They also appreciated how lightweight the appliance was, which made it easy to move from room to room.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers felt that for the price, this fan should have been more powerful. A few reviewers said that it only gave a reasonable air flow above the 7th setting, while others said that it seemed to just blow air around rather than cool down a room.
CategoryStandalone Fans