4Dyson Cool Tower Fan

2.7
Effectively cools air
Quiet
Lightweight
Not as powerful as expected

Jen
Jen

Noisy and unimpressed for the price

We’ve had a standard floor fan for years , in fact I think it was my husband’s 21st birthday present and it was starting to show its age so I thought I’d update.
I have a original Dyson vacuum that’s 20+ years old a works perfectly, so I liked the look of the blameless fan , Black Friday sales purchase done .
Arrived fine unpacked didn’t work, Sunday no one to call , realises remote wasn’t working so a new battery solved the problem.
Works fine now but so noisy you have to turn the tv up 5 levels
Disappointed to say the least , think twice if considering Show details
Dyson   DM

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience. If you would like to discuss this further, we encourage you to reach out to our experts via external link

Leanne
Leanne 2 posts

Useless

Noisy, doesn’t work as good as a $20 floor fan.
Doesn’t cool anything down. If left on overnight, I get woken up from overheating, which was the main reason on purchasing. Show details
Glenn Davies
Glenn Davies

Great product

Bought a hot/cool air purifier.
Very quite, cools a 25sqm when it's not to hot outside

Obviously very stylish, almost a feature....
Not sure what all the negative complaints about noise, perhaps they live next to a train station and their ears are being mistaken

Mr X S.
Mr X S.

This fan, I have 2 is a joke! Poor is generous

Noisy, ineffective, expensive, expensive, expensive...need I say more...oh...never again...3x vacs 2x fans...completely disappointed with value performance and promise of innovation! Show details
S Pearson
S PearsonSydney, NSW3 posts

Don't waste your $$$

I bought this Dyson tower fan expecting it would be a really good cooling fan "as it was a Dyson" WRONG!! I should have done a product review as I normally do before buying a product but had anticipated being a Dyson and so expensive it would work especially well. It doesn't.......just as others here and also Choice magazine (I've just read)states its definitely not worth the money, doesn't push out much air to cool you and is noisey and so very overpriced for not doing much!! I am soooo disappointed in my first ever Dyson product and will NOT being buying anything of theirs in the future. Show details
Jessie J.
Jessie J.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Really good, but could use improvements

I love this. It looks great, easy to use. Just feel for the price it could pump more air out! Other than that rally happy with this purchase and customer was pretty smooth. Show details
Jeffrey Kershaw
Jeffrey Kershaw3 posts

Comfort at night

This cooling and air filtering unit really makes a real difference. Nights can be warm even hot and humid. This unit cools and cleans the air. As a hay fever sufferer I feel the difference perhaps more than the average. I fully recommend this machine. Show details
Michael C
Michael CSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Overpriced and poor design

It looks stylish, but underneath it has some basic design flaws.
Firstly, only above 7 does it give an air flow that is half way reasonable.
Secondly, the air inlets are close to the ground and are constantly getting clogged with pet hair or just general dust.
Has an intermittent problem of just stopping at some random time. Since it is out of guarantee, is it worth it to go to a service centre and pay hundreds of dollars or just buy a less stylish but more economic fan. Show details
markehemming
markehemmingSouth East Queensland, QLD29 posts

Very expensive white noise generator

When our pedestal fan broke, my partner wanted something more "stylish" so we got this.

Now, if it's a tower fan you particularly wanted, then this one may be the best choice... but if you want to keep cool, then I suggest you go for a regular pedestal fan.

This thing is very noisy, and if you are more than a metre or so away, useless.

Also, it has to be placed on a stand, or table, otherwise what air it does blow is directed at your knees.

Finally, its quite flimsy too. Functionally, there nothing about it that really justifies its price.

Hopefully.... it will last long enough to make the purchase worthwhile. Show details

PoshBlondie
PoshBlondieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA14 posts

Dyson disappoints once again

I really gave this brand a fair shot at impressing me with their products but sadly, this hasn’t happened as yet.
I was disappointed with other Dyson products so I don’t know why I was hopeful with this one but here goes...
This is just a fan. It doesn’t cool down your room, it really just circulates warm air, same as a $10 fan does. Nothing special. It looks nice and chic but that’s about it.
Another thing - it’s quite noisy and I bought the improved version which had something like 70% less noise than the previous one and I still feel like I’m standing next to a jet.
Do yourselves a favour and just buy a decent fan, nothing over $50. This one is definitely not worth $600. Show details
Mamdouh N.
Mamdouh N.Sydney, NSW

No refund given if you are not happy with Dyson products

The air coming from the fan is very weak and it is exactly similar to the very cheap $40 fan. Has the same sound like any ordinary fan. Dyson give instructions to shops not to refund or exchange any of their products it has to go through them so be careful to buy any of Dyson products. David Jones was reluctantly give me a refund after one day of purchase because I don’t like it and I opened the box.
Be extra careful when buying any Dyson products. Show details
Lai
Lai2 posts

noisy and oscillating non-stop

Bought the fan last year cause of its cool look. It has been noisy and now I can't use the remote to stop it from rotating. It even continues to oscillate after power-off. Not a reliable fan! Show details
GJ M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Failed after 6 weeks

Purchased at Myer Chadstone on 29/12/19 for $799.00. Probably the most expensive fan on the market. Stopped dead for absolutely no reason on 10/2/20 (approx 6 weeks later). Don’t waste your money. Show details
Susu
SusuSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Excellent control of air flow

This fan cools the whole of my living area and I use it every summer day in Queensland. Really like the remote control function - I do not have to leave my lounge chair to turn the fan speed, down or to turn it off. My only suggestion to Dyson is that the remote control have coloured or illuminated indicators for the on/off and fan swivel buttons. At night I have to turn the light on to see the buttons on the remote. I would give it 9.9 out of 10 for functionality though. Show details
Mark
MarkFar North Queensland, QLD

Exact same as the review below. Failed after two weeks!

From reading other reviews, it would appear that this fan can often not tolerate operating on speed 10. The unit displayed an F4 error code after operating for two hours. I turned it off and back on again (as you do!) but it has now completely died. Bought it online from Myers for $450 in the Boxing Day sales. It will be going back to my local store in Cairns tomorrow. It’s the DeLorean of pedestal fans...looks great but has an inherent issue. Show details

Bill Newman
Bill Newman

The flashing green light will not turn white even after pressing the power button for 5 seconds

JohnL
JohnL

We have owned a Dyson tower fan for a few years.
The base white plastic has turned a dark yellow. Almost Gold.
For a premium product you would not expect this sort of discolouring.
Can the base be replaced?

Dyson   DM

We would recommend contacting our Dyson Experts via Facebook Messenger, Live Chat or phone and we will only be happy to help and discuss this further with you. You can find our contact details here: external link

Babs
Babs

My AM07 will not stop oscillating. Can this be fixed

See all Dyson Cool Tower Fan questions

Features:

• The Dyson Cool Tower Fan has 10 precise airflow settings that can be chosen with a remote control, so you can change the flow from a different room.
  • It has Air Multiplier technology that amplifies the surrounding air and gies you an uninterrupted stream of consistent and controlled airflow.
  • Because it doesn’t have fast-spinning blades, it’s safer than a lot of other standalone fans, and you don’t need to worry about curious little fingers.
  • Without a safety grille or blades, it’s also simple to clean. All you have to do is wipe it down with a dry or damp cloth.
  • A sleep timer on the fan lets you program it to turn it off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours, so you can fall asleep with it still running.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the fan could effectively cool - and in some cases even clean - the air in their homes. Reviewers said that it provided a nice, steady stream of air, with some users even saying that they stopped using their air con after using this fan.
  • Reviewers also said that their Dyson was quiet, with one even describing it as ‘whisper quiet’.
  • They also appreciated how lightweight the appliance was, which made it easy to move from room to room.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers felt that for the price, this fan should have been more powerful. A few reviewers said that it only gave a reasonable air flow above the 7th setting, while others said that it seemed to just blow air around rather than cool down a room.
CategoryStandalone Fans