MPNs: 301216-01, 301218-01, 35994013 and 2 more

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing in the aircon

I use my Dyson fan when I have my aircon on in summer and it just pushes the cold air around the room faster and more efficiently than with my aircon alone. Would buy again and would recommend to anyone! Amazing product

Stylish fan

Sleek design and looks like a piece of art in the living room. Easy to clean and easy to move around. Would have bought the hot and cool but the price is too much for what you get out of the product. I guess people are paying for the brand.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $600.00.

Noise Level
Power

High pitch noise from my AM07

Hi, I’m from Singapore.
After months of usage my fan developed some kind of high pitch noise which comes and goes sometimes but it rather disturbing for me to sleep soundly given the noise keep surrounding and tune into my head...

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level
Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear your AM07 machine is making an unusual noise, we certainly wouldn't expect this to occur. We would kindly ask you to email sg.service@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Brilliant Fan but unable to clean properly.

Powerful fan, but in Australia, collects a lot of dust. Unable to clean it properly around the motor. The vents get really clogged, not even a compressor can blow it out. If it could be designed to clean the air intake, then I would give it 10 out of 10.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Quiet and effective on those hot summer nights plus amazing customer service

We love our Dyson cool tower fan - a nice steady stream of air, whisper quiet and the key to a good night's sleep. And we love the Dyson customer service even more. We recently misplaced our remote control for the fan, rang Dyson and had a new one dispatched the next day. The call line keeps you informed about wait times (only a few minutes) and the woman we spoke to could not have been more helpful, even reminding me to register my other Dyson products so I can take advantage of their 25% discount on replacement items in future.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Good fan but too expensive

It is quite good / quiet / stylish / light / easy to care for. Used for 2 summers now & still going. Hopefully will work for years, as opposed to cheaper ones, designed for 2-3 yrs or less. And it is a FAN - not A/con (for some)!
Expensive? Yes, unfortunately :-(
Pity, no other colors available. Thank you Dyson :-)

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Waste of money. Does not Cool. Its just a Fan!

I didn't want to give it 1 star as that's one star too much. The Fan does not cool in any way. Its literally just a fan. The fan looks good, is quiet on low setting but very low output. Keep the receipt you will be returning this product. I got a £20.00 fan from argos which is much better. If you have it on a high setting the fan is loud but still does not cool. Dyson do say that it doesn't cool a room but will cool you if you stand right in front of it. This is sold as a cooling fan so you expect it to cool a room. This product has quite good reviews but i can't see how. Please steer clear.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Albert, Thank you for your review. As this machine does not contain refrigerants or drip trays which are required for air conditioning, it is physically unable to reduce the room temperature. These components would also necessarily make the machine much larger and heavier. If this was the expectation apologies for any disappointment. If you feel your machine is performing outside of it's machine specifications or have any further questions we will be more than happy to assist, please contact our UK based team via help@dyson.co.uk. Best wishes, Mira Dyson Australia www.facebook.com/dyson

Loudest dan I have ever had

What a waist of money, you turn it on and it sounds like a jet engine.
Save your money or buy something else, stay well away from this product.... never ever again..
Research before buying anything like his online.
The fan looks nice however does not operate well at all... if you have it on at night, sleep with ear plugs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Mark, Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your AM07. With our environmental control products that have a night mode, the airspeed is limited to the maximum setting of 4, and we would suggest to try this with your machine at night. Wipe over the air intake holes in the base and around the inside of the oval amplifier loop to ensure nothing is impacting the airflow. If you have any further questions or need assistance please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dyson

Slim, stylish and powerful - happy with the purchase

I recently purchased this fan, following the death of my previous tower fan (not a Dyson). We use it mainly in the bedroom for those hot summer nights. Being bladeless it is easy to wipe down and keep clean. Tucks away neatly in the corner of the bedroom. Speed settings from 1-10 allow great flexibility of wind strength. Has oscillating function and a timer. Haven't had the need for a speed over 4 as yet - may have to wait now till next summer. Best bet is to wait till it is on special - best price I saw was AUD $469 - which I snapped up instore at MYER - Bing Lee did have the same price a month earlier, but the raised it back up to mid 500's at the time I purchased. Only thing my wife complains about is the light at night from the speed number down at floor level - it doesn't worry me, I sleep with my eyes shut.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great Product

We are glad with this purchase! It’s a lot quieter than the usual types of fans. Very easy to assemble and use and didn’t have any issues. The remote control is a bonus! Would recommend this product to anyone who is willing to spend a little more for this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Not as good as expected

I brought this product this summer. It's a quite fan. However, thought this will be perfect as Dyson gave me a very good impression as my perfect vacuum cleaner is from Dyson but, this fan isn't enough for my 20+ sqrm living room. I have to move it to my smaller bedroom.

Pretty but Significantly Overpriced

Just to echo what everyone else is saying, the fan is beautiful but it's >$500. That's pretty ridiculous when you compare to it similarly capable tower fans. I don't regret purchasing the fan, but if my house burned down, I wouldn't buy another.

Since buying this fan, I bought two Kogan ClearCool Tower Fans. These fans costed me $119 each and push a similar amount of air. These two fans also support different fan modes and display the room's temperature. The only things better about the AM07 are that it looks more futuristic, is easier to clean, the remote magnetically sticks to the top of the fan, and it's quieter.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not worth the money

Nothing wrong with this fan. But do you really want to spend $500+ on a fan? Well that's what this fan costs. Sure it doesn't have any blades like a traditional fan, but it just blows the air around like any other fan would.

Not unhappy that I bought this item but I'd get prospective purchases to think about whether they want to pay $500 for a fan where any other fan of around $100 would suffice.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I loved this fan so much

We bought this Dyson Tower Fan and it is one of the best. I bought it when it was on sale so wasn't too expensive. This works perfect even on 40 degree heat. I hardly use air conditioning after I bought this so go for it. It is expensive when it is full praised so wait for an amazing sale and grab a bargain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Cool like Aircon..

I love the design of this fan. Believe me I never used air con after buying this fan. It makes the room cool soon how hot it may be outside. Luckily I bought with some discount in JB-Hifi. Most importantly it doesn't make more noise which is really helpful during night time. I find it very easy to shift from one room to another. I already recommended this fan to few of my friends.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Almost the best of the best!

This is a really powerful fan and the lack of blades is uniquely Dyson (and part of why we were attracted to the fan). The sound levels are fine under level 5 but it does become a bit obtrusive at a higher level - but nothing like normal fans. We lost our remote and ordered a new one from Dyson easily - great service.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Worth the money

Very happy with the product. Money well spent. Very easy to install. Powerful and not too loud. Covers large area. The design looks deluxe. Very light weight. Can be move around easily. Safe with babies and children. They can't hurt their fingers like conventional fans. Not much cleaning is required.

Love it

Ive had this fan for about 2-3 years now and i love it. The fan is quiet and very sleek design. its very powerful and strong keeping the room cool. The only down fall is that there is no timer for the fan so when i do use it at night i would either leave it on for the whole night or turn it off when i do wake up. Otherwise it has been doing me well

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great!

very good fan, works super efficiently if you are sitting close enough. Definitely not enough to cool a room however the good thing is that it is super quiet and can barely hear it working. The remote and the turning system also works well but make sure to not lose the remote.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good fan. Not sure it worth the $$

Don't get me wrong, its a great fan but is it worth 5 times the price of any other fan? Probably not.

I do like the design however, looks nicer than a $20 K-mart fan. It is very quiet and having a remote is a nice touch. Easy to clean

Date PurchasedJan 2018

What is the difference between AM07 WS and AM07 WHT? I am confuse trying to buy online.
Hi Joseph, Thank you for your query. In Australia, this would signify the AM07 comes in the silver/white colourway. If we can assist further, please email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

What is the difference between the AM07 and the AM08 besides the shape? Does the AM07 ossilate around the room or is it just static?
Hi Rox, Thanks for your question. The AM07 and AM08 both provide the oscillation function as well as remaining stationary. The AM08 shape design allows it a total airflow of 600 litres/sec with an input power of 60watts, whilst the AM07 has a power input of 56 watts and a total airflow of 500 litres/sec. The AM07 is slightly quieter with a maximum power sound of 64dBa, whereas the AM08 has maximum power sound level is 67dBa as a result of being the more powerful unit of the two. We hope this satisfactorily answers your question. Best wishes, Taryn Facebook.com/Dyson

CategoryStandalone Fans