Dyson Cool Tower Fan

Dyson Cool Tower Fan

MPNs: 301216-01, 301218-01, 35994013 and 3 more

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now

• Power
PoshBlondie

PoshBlondieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dyson disappoints once again

I really gave this brand a fair shot at impressing me with their products but sadly, this hasn’t happened as yet.
I was disappointed with other Dyson products so I don’t know why I was hopeful with this one but here goes...
This is just a fan. It doesn’t cool down your room, it really just circulates warm air, same as a $10 fan does. Nothing special. It looks nice and chic but that’s about it.
Another thing - it’s quite noisy and I bought the improved version which had something like 70% less noise than the previous one and I still feel like I’m standing next to a jet.
Do yourselves a favour and just buy a decent fan, nothing over $50. This one is definitely not worth $600.

Purchased in November 2020 at Myer for A$600.00.

Mamdouh N.

Mamdouh N.Sydney, NSW

No refund given if you are not happy with Dyson products

The air coming from the fan is very weak and it is exactly similar to the very cheap $40 fan. Has the same sound like any ordinary fan. Dyson give instructions to shops not to refund or exchange any of their products it has to go through them so be careful to buy any of Dyson products. David Jones was reluctantly give me a refund after one day of purchase because I don’t like it and I opened the box.
Be extra careful when buying any Dyson products.

Purchased in November 2020 at David Jones.

noisy and oscillating non-stop

Bought the fan last year cause of its cool look. It has been noisy and now I can't use the remote to stop it from rotating. It even continues to oscillate after power-off. Not a reliable fan!

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$499.00.

Lai
Lai

Can’t get through the line.
I am in Singapore.

GJ M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Failed after 6 weeks

Purchased at Myer Chadstone on 29/12/19 for $799.00. Probably the most expensive fan on the market. Stopped dead for absolutely no reason on 10/2/20 (approx 6 weeks later). Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$799.00.

Susu

SusuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent control of air flow

This fan cools the whole of my living area and I use it every summer day in Queensland. Really like the remote control function - I do not have to leave my lounge chair to turn the fan speed, down or to turn it off. My only suggestion to Dyson is that the remote control have coloured or illuminated indicators for the on/off and fan swivel buttons. At night I have to turn the light on to see the buttons on the remote. I would give it 9.9 out of 10 for functionality though.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$520.00.

Mark

MarkFar North Queensland, QLD

Exact same as the review below. Failed after two weeks!

From reading other reviews, it would appear that this fan can often not tolerate operating on speed 10. The unit displayed an F4 error code after operating for two hours. I turned it off and back on again (as you do!) but it has now completely died. Bought it online from Myers for $450 in the Boxing Day sales. It will be going back to my local store in Cairns tomorrow. It’s the DeLorean of pedestal fans...looks great but has an inherent issue.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$450.00.

Viv

Viv

Very poor product. Utterly disappointed.

I purchased this fan from Myer online store. Used it for only one week before it went faulty and decided not to operate again. I'm very disappointed with dyson products. Hopefully Myer will arrange a refund to me. I really want to get my money back and spend it on another product that is worth my money.

Purchased in January 2020 at Myer Online Store for A$450.00.

Skye

Skye

Amazing in the aircon

I use my Dyson fan when I have my aircon on in summer and it just pushes the cold air around the room faster and more efficiently than with my aircon alone. Would buy again and would recommend to anyone! Amazing product

Ai D.

Ai D.South East Queensland, QLD

Stylish fan

Sleek design and looks like a piece of art in the living room. Easy to clean and easy to move around. Would have bought the hot and cool but the price is too much for what you get out of the product. I guess people are paying for the brand.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$600.00.

High pitch noise from my AM07

Hi, I’m from Singapore.
After months of usage my fan developed some kind of high pitch noise which comes and goes sometimes but it rather disturbing for me to sleep soundly given the noise keep surrounding and tune into my head...

Purchased in October 2018.

DysonDyson

Brilliant Fan but unable to clean properly.

Powerful fan, but in Australia, collects a lot of dust. Unable to clean it properly around the motor. The vents get really clogged, not even a compressor can blow it out. If it could be designed to clean the air intake, then I would give it 10 out of 10.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Supermum

SupermumSydney

Quiet and effective on those hot summer nights plus amazing customer service

We love our Dyson cool tower fan - a nice steady stream of air, whisper quiet and the key to a good night's sleep. And we love the Dyson customer service even more. We recently misplaced our remote control for the fan, rang Dyson and had a new one dispatched the next day. The call line keeps you informed about wait times (only a few minutes) and the woman we spoke to could not have been more helpful, even reminding me to register my other Dyson products so I can take advantage of their 25% discount on replacement items in future.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Good fan but too expensive

It is quite good / quiet / stylish / light / easy to care for. Used for 2 summers now & still going. Hopefully will work for years, as opposed to cheaper ones, designed for 2-3 yrs or less. And it is a FAN - not A/con (for some)!
Expensive? Yes, unfortunately :-(
Pity, no other colors available. Thank you Dyson :-)

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Albert

AlbertUckfield

Waste of money. Does not Cool. Its just a Fan!

I didn't want to give it 1 star as that's one star too much. The Fan does not cool in any way. Its literally just a fan. The fan looks good, is quiet on low setting but very low output. Keep the receipt you will be returning this product. I got a £20.00 fan from argos which is much better. If you have it on a high setting the fan is loud but still does not cool. Dyson do say that it doesn't cool a room but will cool you if you stand right in front of it. This is sold as a cooling fan so you expect it to cool a room. This product has quite good reviews but i can't see how. Please steer clear.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mark

MarkPerth

Loudest dan I have ever had

What a waist of money, you turn it on and it sounds like a jet engine.
Save your money or buy something else, stay well away from this product.... never ever again..
Research before buying anything like his online.
The fan looks nice however does not operate well at all... if you have it on at night, sleep with ear plugs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

AndrewZ

AndrewZSydney

Slim, stylish and powerful - happy with the purchase

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Tally

TallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product

We are glad with this purchase! It’s a lot quieter than the usual types of fans. Very easy to assemble and use and didn’t have any issues. The remote control is a bonus! Would recommend this product to anyone who is willing to spend a little more for this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Nick

NickSydney

Not as good as expected

I brought this product this summer. It's a quite fan. However, thought this will be perfect as Dyson gave me a very good impression as my perfect vacuum cleaner is from Dyson but, this fan isn't enough for my 20+ sqrm living room. I have to move it to my smaller bedroom.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
David

DavidBrisbane, Qld

Pretty but Significantly Overpriced

Just to echo what everyone else is saying, the fan is beautiful but it's >$500. That's pretty ridiculous when you compare to it similarly capable tower fans. I don't regret purchasing the fan, but if my house burned down, I wouldn't buy another.

Since buying this fan, I bought two Kogan ClearCool Tower Fans. These fans costed me $119 each and push a similar amount of air. These two fans also support different fan modes and display the room's temperature. The only things better about the AM07 are that it looks more futuristic, is easier to clean, the remote magnetically sticks to the top of the fan, and it's quieter.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
David G

David GAU

Not worth the money

Nothing wrong with this fan. But do you really want to spend $500+ on a fan? Well that's what this fan costs. Sure it doesn't have any blades like a traditional fan, but it just blows the air around like any other fan would.

Not unhappy that I bought this item but I'd get prospective purchases to think about whether they want to pay $500 for a fan where any other fan of around $100 would suffice.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ann Taylor

Ann Taylorasked

Can one buy a replacement remote for this fan as we lent ours out and they have lost the remote

DysonDyson

Please be assured replacement remotes are certainly available.

For the White/Silver Dyson Cool tower fan (AM07): https://www.dyson.com.au/remote-control-965824-01
For the Black/Nickel Dyson Cool tower fan (AM07): https://www.dyson.com.au/remote-control-965824-03

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Trish D.

Trish D.asked

I have just bought a fan and set it up. The remote does not sit on it as the directions say. I’m a bit confused

DysonDyson

Thank you for your question.

The remote is magnetic and should sit on the top of the loop, please ensure it is being placed button side down on the top of the loop.

Should this not be the case please contact our support team on auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Terry C.

Terry C.asked

My Dyson cool has just stopped working. Checked power source, cables, on/ off button, changed battery in remote. 2 years old, worked perfectly up till now. What now?

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear your Dyson Cool tower fan isn't working. We would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com or 1800 239 766 (please have your machine handy).

Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

CategoryStandalone Fans