Dyson Hot+Cool AM09

MPNs: 302427-01, 302644-01, 35902157 and 35902161

• Power

Grumpy

GrumpySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great in winter, summer - not so much

I paid big dollars for what I always think of as a great name product, Dyson. I have other Dyson products and I can’t fault them. The fan however is a bit ordinary. The cool air fan leaves a lot to be desired. The warm air is, however, great. I rang Dyson and the woman in the phone explained to me in slow words that the fan was only designed to move the air and not to cool it down. I suggested they call it move and warm fan then and I should have just bought a $30 fan from the supermarket because they do cool things down.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $750.00.

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fan for its size

The fan is good for its size.. but I think personally it could have been a little more powerful, the hot size is amazing, and the cool side is pretty good for what it is.. overall great product

Purchased in January 2020 at Radio Rentals for $529.00.

PalSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute false advertising

Do not fall for the false advertising regarding dyson fans like i have. By yourself a $25 fan with blades and it will send out far more air than this rubbish ‘air multiplier’ technology. The only reason you'd buy one is because you like the look of the dyson fan. It is inferior in performance to any cheap fan you can buy from Bunnings, Woolies or Coles.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $575.00.

Rakesh Iyer

Rakesh IyerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dyson AM09 hot + cool - Noisy, worse than a $15 fan

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $447.00.

Ozzyrod

OzzyrodSouthwest, VIC

This is better than I expected

The heating aspect is perfect. The cooling is a little louder than I had though, however compared to a pedestal fan it is better off course. And after 1/2 hour or so the room is noticeably cooler
It is sleek in design and not at all obtrusive. Sits on my office desk nicely

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for $450.00.

RaphaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid!

Our fan, that's just one month out of warranty, has now stopped working. First, it would click when it oscillated. Not ideal for a $500 fan, but we dealt with it. Now, when it oscillates it shorts out and turns off. Called Dyson support only to be told I'd have to pay for any repair needed. Think I'll buy 15 fans from Bunnings next time.

Purchased in October 2017 for $500.00.

Rapha

You're missing the point Dyson Team. My $500 fan is operable after two years of partial use. Your 'no obligation' quote will still mean my fan is a useless ornament and that my $500 is wasted.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We do handle everything case by case. If your machine is just out of guarantee, this would be taken into account, however we can't make any commitments until we assess the machine.

We are happy to organise this. Just get in touch.

Max

MaxRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dyson fans, coolIng, expensive yet ugly

Dyson fans are cooling, expensive ugly lump. Yes they work OK but not so much different from the others at the 3rd of the price.

Nothing to write home about. However they really do look like sprayed plastic lumps on the table or sideboard - somehow unaesthetic proportions. Anyway the look bugs me and far far to expensive lump has lost me.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

DysonOrBustMae

DysonOrBustMaeSydney, NSW

Heating Just when I needed it most

It is quite expensive, this is our second unit though as we needed one in the living area. Winter is so extra cold this year and my old fan heater just died after over ten years. For this price I expect it to last even longer ( fingers crossed)

It does the job really well as I need one that will instantly heat up where I am and frankly I am a Dyson fanatic. So it has to be Dyson !

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $880.00.

Actually really good!

I was worried about the product after reading all of the bad reviews on here but I just picked mine up for $499 a few days ago and it's great.

It's quiet, the heating is great and the cooling is good too. Reading the energy usage it isn't bad at all.
I use it in my bedroom and it works like a charm, not sure about a family room or house though.

It is expensive and if money is a big deal to you, get a cheaper one. If you want something easy to use and effective, get it. I don't regret mine.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $499.00.

krystal888

krystal888WA, 6024

Not worth the price tag

Pros:
Looks nice & fancy
Comes with remote
Heats & cools
Safe for kids

Cons:
Very expensive!
Cool only works when it's pointing right on you
Heat doesn't work all that well - can heat a small room
High energy use

Purchased in September 2017.

Dennis W

Dennis WMelbourne

Worst heater ever

As a heater it's an expensive joke. Bought it because of the hype, advanced technology , etc. The airflow is abysmal and the heating is worse. Bought it to heat a very small bathroom2.5 metres x 1.8 metres and a small bedroom. The heat output is pathetic even on maximum, barely makes a dint in the cold. My old 30 year old bar heater does a far better job. I can't say I've found it noisy though. Save your money it's a useless product. I also have two Dyson vac's the handheld and full size and honestly they're no better than any other vac you'd buy for half the price. Purchase June 2019 for $599

Purchased in June 2019 for $599.00.

JJJ

JJJSydney Surrounds, NSW

CRAPPY CHEAP Product, but costs over $500

Brand new and after 2 minutes of use the unit switches off when on heat, then you need to restart, then off again after 2 minutes, paid over $500 for a useless heater, going buy the reviews its common, and must be a design issue, so much for Dyson technology, NEVER AGAIN will I purchase anything from dyson.

Purchased in January 2019 for $599.00.

faris n.

faris n.Sydney, NSW

Terrible machine. Too noisy. Good for day time only.

The fan has 9 levels and guess what, not a huge difference between levels. They are all loud and similar. On heating mode, once it reaches the temperature, the fan cuts out, but when it kicks back in, its so loud that wakes you up, even on level 1 of fan (which is similar to its level 9). Very disappointed....

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Shibu

ShibuSydney, NSW

Useful only for small area. Similar items can be found much cheaper

Not happy with the performance
Looking at the price expecting much more performance
For heating only good for small area which can be done by some $50 heater.
Only thing it’s hot/cool

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.

Che C

Che CSydney, NSW

Don't pay premium for their fans!

Remote paint peal off easily. Faulty LED. Hard to clean. Poor service. Asked for $65 to inspect before they can advise solution. The price difference is enough to buy fans from other brands. Do not recommend.

Purchased in June 2017.

RobbieCoogee

RobbieCoogeeRedfern

Does the Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 fan come with Wi-Fi?

I cant find any information on whether it comes with Wi-Fi and followed the instructions on the Dyson App with no luck. I also tried the website and could find anything on the features.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $488.00.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however the Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 fan heater isn't WiFi enabled.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via aucustomercare@dyson.com and happy to help.

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Good for small spaces

We bought this, particularly for its heating feature. However, in a larger living room, it will need to be set to maximum and still will not heat up the air so well. Plus, it will be super noisy.
However, it works beautifully for a bedroom as it warms it up pretty quickly and with the timer, you can just have it to turn off automatically after a couple of hours.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Stephen Hinder

Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't waste your money..

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

Kirstyn

KirstynSydney, NSW

Overpriced, terrible product. Waste of money.

We purchased this fan for our children’s bedroom (both under 5) as we perceived the product to be a safer option, given it has no blades. Unfortunately, it also has very little cooling power, even on level 10 (the highest level), at which the sound it makes is deafening. Our 2 year old was terrified of the noise when we first put it on. We’ve tried all the settings to make it actually work, but it just seems to wisp a bit of sad, not even cool, air around and give everyone a headache.
We have well and truly been had in buying this product for > $500. It’s AWFUL. Don’t waste your money. Get a conventional fan for <1/5 of the price and a far far better performance.
Not even worth the mandatory 1 star.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Sum. B

Sum. BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quality product!

This portable hot and cool fan works great.. winter or summer anytime, anywhere..Just that amazing product that i was looking for.. Energy efficient as well.. Portable and covers quite of a room range. Another quality product from Dyson. Very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in March 2017.

Casey S.

Casey S.asked

My dyson hot+cool fan feels as if the heat is only emitting from on side. Although its an oval shape, you can imagine that if it were a square one of the longer sides does not have hot air coming out of it. I just wanted to know if this is normal because maybe the heating broke on one side of the fan.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When your Dyson Hot+Cool is heating, you should certainly should put out warm air on both sides.

If yours isn't, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Anita C.
Anita C.

Both units I have had do not blow out heat both sides. Only front.

Hi Anita,

There are two modes of heating, personal heating mode and diffused mode.

You can find information on these and how to switch between them on https://www.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Fans-Heaters/Heater/AM09/302644-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-adjust-the-airflow.

C C.

C C.asked

My fan/heater has started turning on in the middle of the night by itself. The remote was magnetized to the top of the fan, so I know it wasn't pressed accidentally. What could be causing this?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

This behaviour isn't what we would expect from the Dyson Hot+Cool.

So we can further assist, please forward your query to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist.

Hiroko K.

Hiroko K.asked

When adjusting temp display goes from 69' back to 50'. Unable to get numbers in the 70's to appear.
Any suggestions?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

For best assistance, we would encourage reaching out to our US Based Dyson Experts via questions.us@dyson.com. We will be in touch as soon as possible and happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Download manual