MPNs: 35902157 and 35902161

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Heating Just when I needed it most

It is quite expensive, this is our second unit though as we needed one in the living area. Winter is so extra cold this year and my old fan heater just died after over ten years. For this price I expect it to last even longer ( fingers crossed)

It does the job really well as I need one that will instantly heat up where I am and frankly I am a Dyson fanatic. So it has to be Dyson !

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $880.00.

Actually really good!

I was worried about the product after reading all of the bad reviews on here but I just picked mine up for $499 a few days ago and it's great.

It's quiet, the heating is great and the cooling is good too. Reading the energy usage it isn't bad at all.
I use it in my bedroom and it works like a charm, not sure about a family room or house though.

It is expensive and if money is a big deal to you, get a cheaper one. If you want something easy to use and effective, get it. I don't regret mine.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $499.00.

Not worth the price tag

Pros:
Looks nice & fancy
Comes with remote
Heats & cools
Safe for kids

Cons:
Very expensive!
Cool only works when it's pointing right on you
Heat doesn't work all that well - can heat a small room
High energy use

Purchased in September 2017.

Worst heater ever

As a heater it's an expensive joke. Bought it because of the hype, advanced technology , etc. The airflow is abysmal and the heating is worse. Bought it to heat a very small bathroom2.5 metres x 1.8 metres and a small bedroom. The heat output is pathetic even on maximum, barely makes a dint in the cold. My old 30 year old bar heater does a far better job. I can't say I've found it noisy though. Save your money it's a useless product. I also have two Dyson vac's the handheld and full size and honestly they're no better than any other vac you'd buy for half the price. Purchase June 2019 for $599

Purchased in June 2019 for $599.00.

CRAPPY CHEAP Product, but costs over $500

Brand new and after 2 minutes of use the unit switches off when on heat, then you need to restart, then off again after 2 minutes, paid over $500 for a useless heater, going buy the reviews its common, and must be a design issue, so much for Dyson technology, NEVER AGAIN will I purchase anything from dyson.

Purchased in January 2019 for $599.00.

Power
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Dyson Hot+Cool. We wouldn't expect you to need to routinely restart the machine after such a short time. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Terrible machine. Too noisy. Good for day time only.

The fan has 9 levels and guess what, not a huge difference between levels. They are all loud and similar. On heating mode, once it reaches the temperature, the fan cuts out, but when it kicks back in, its so loud that wakes you up, even on level 1 of fan (which is similar to its level 9). Very disappointed....

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Noise Level

Useful only for small area. Similar items can be found much cheaper

Not happy with the performance
Looking at the price expecting much more performance
For heating only good for small area which can be done by some $50 heater.
Only thing it’s hot/cool

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.

Power

Don't pay premium for their fans!

Remote paint peal off easily. Faulty LED. Hard to clean. Poor service. Asked for $65 to inspect before they can advise solution. The price difference is enough to buy fans from other brands. Do not recommend.

Purchased in June 2017.

Noise Level

Does the Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 fan come with Wi-Fi?

I cant find any information on whether it comes with Wi-Fi and followed the instructions on the Dyson App with no luck. I also tried the website and could find anything on the features.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $488.00.

Good for small spaces

We bought this, particularly for its heating feature. However, in a larger living room, it will need to be set to maximum and still will not heat up the air so well. Plus, it will be super noisy.
However, it works beautifully for a bedroom as it warms it up pretty quickly and with the timer, you can just have it to turn off automatically after a couple of hours.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Don't waste your money..

After the installation of solar panels I thought we would give our very expensive to run gas heater a rest. After some thought I had heard that "Dyson" make some good stuff. I decided to go and buy the Dyson AM09 saving a $100 off the full price off $599 ($499). What an expensive mistake, I should have read reviews from this site. We are only heating our small snug (family room). No matter what setting (heat) it was blowing cool air and we are only 2 and a bit metres away, stand in front of it and I could feel just warm air. We ran it for 2 hours and we were still cold. Blow this I unplugged it cooled it down, and that didn't take long as well, packed it up and took it back for a refund. Thanks to my retailer for a refund no questions asked.
My wife and I had a good look around for what I think is a better option (ceramic)
After a fair amount of reading manufacturers details, if I can believe them after "the Dyson experience" we ended up with a DeLonghi at $209.
Well Dyson all I can say is that your prices are ridiculous for what is built on the cheap. My old Dad use to say "there's quality in weight" there's no weight in Dyson.. Cheers.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $499.00.

Power

Overpriced, terrible product. Waste of money.

We purchased this fan for our children’s bedroom (both under 5) as we perceived the product to be a safer option, given it has no blades. Unfortunately, it also has very little cooling power, even on level 10 (the highest level), at which the sound it makes is deafening. Our 2 year old was terrified of the noise when we first put it on. We’ve tried all the settings to make it actually work, but it just seems to wisp a bit of sad, not even cool, air around and give everyone a headache.
We have well and truly been had in buying this product for > $500. It’s AWFUL. Don’t waste your money. Get a conventional fan for <1/5 of the price and a far far better performance.
Not even worth the mandatory 1 star.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Quality product!

This portable hot and cool fan works great.. winter or summer anytime, anywhere..Just that amazing product that i was looking for.. Energy efficient as well.. Portable and covers quite of a room range. Another quality product from Dyson. Very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in March 2017.

Power

Don't Waste Your Money!!!!

Paid 450.00 for Dyson fan-heater never heated one room. Cooling function was a joke. Thought paying the outrageous price it would last displaying code that can't be repaired "Very disappointed!!

Purchased in May 2015 for $450.00.

Sleek, space saving design

I own two of these fans now - that's how much I like them. There's a very constant airflow with no buffering and, without having moving blades, it's safer around children and animals. The heater is very effective in small-medium rooms; perfect for the bedroom. I like how adjustable it is and having a remote is excellent. It takes up so little floor space, which is great, and has an excellent design so isn't something ugly you want to hide away. The only downside is that it's not the quietest of fans - but that's a minor niggle with an otherwise amazing product. It is great quality and, based on my experience with respect to other products, Dyson's customer service and warranty are excellent. If you have that amount to spend on a fan/heater, this certainly won't disappoint.
[Review originally posted on Myer.com.au]

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Dyson AM 09 JA2-US-GGA0957A

Not working! Every time I start the heater, after 2 min it turns back to "H2". This is my WORST experience with a Dyson heater. My cheaper heater works so much better than this expensive heater. What a waste of my hard earned money. The model I have is dyson AM 09 JA2-US-GGA0957A

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson Hot+Cool, we are happy to help. So we can best assist we would kindly ask you to email our US Based Dyson Experts via askdysonus@dyson.com and our team will be in touch to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Won't stay running and not because of the thermostate

Fan heats and stops once reached the required temp, but totally shuts off after a few hours. Contacted customer service several times and was given nonsense. answers. Then mysteriously hung up on or they would leave the chat session. This is the 2nd one now. Not happy with customer service

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Heather, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this, this is certainly not the experience we would expect. To confirm, in addition to thermostat control, your AM09 has an inbuilt safety mechanism that will shut your machine off after 8 hours of active heating if you don't press any buttons on the remote. After shutting down, this can be turned back on and will continue working as normal. To discuss this further and for us to look into your experience further, please contact our US Based Dyson Experts via askdysonus@dyson.com as we would value the opportunity to assist. Best wishes, Shan

New Dyson AM09 ... Will not heat & no recourse!

I have owned 4! Now I just opened a new Dyson & will not heat! I had kept it as a spare only to open now & it will not work!
I will no longer recommend as I called the local Dyson service center & will not take phone inquiries!
What a waste of $450!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Cathy, I am sorry to hear about your experience and trouble getting in touch with us. Neither of these are what we expect. I can confirm our contact number of 1800 239 766 is open and our Dyson Experts are happy to help. This helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EDST. At time of writing, the wait time is less than 3 minutes. Should you rather email, our team can be reached via auaskdyson@dyson.com and will be in touch as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Dyson very disappointed

Brought this Dyson hot and cool air conditioner thinking a dyson product should provide what I am after. After using it very disappointed the air stream at max is not very strong and does not really cool a small room I have. More of a decorative piece. For the money spent really low for expectations.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi George, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Hot+Cool. We do apologise for any confusion, while this machine will provide personal cooling as a fan, it won't actively cool the room as an air conditioner would. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

Mislead on the “cooling” feature.

Bought this to give to the in-laws for Xmas who live in a cool climate NSW location, and swear by their Dyson vacs.
It was a last minute ( un-researched ) decision.
We purchased it under the understanding that it has a proper cooling function as well as heating. Only until box opened and present given does it say it’s cooling feature is dubbed an “air multipler”... I think this is terrible.
Dyson coins this term and it can mean anything they want it to.
The sales people where purchased didn’t understand this (deceptive) marketing either.
This is quite an insult, and makes the purchaser feel very embarrassed.
Today is a very warm day (Xmas day ‘18), and the point was to impress by cooling the space.
When not in heating mode, this is nothing more than a bladeless fan.
Very let down by Dyson, who makes good vacs, but uses extremely deceptive marketing in this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Ash, Thank you for taking the time to review this machine. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. While on cool mode, the machine will circulate the air in the room and won't actively cool the air as an air conditioner will. Dyson machines don't reduce the room temperature, rather provide personal cooling through the wind chill effect of air passing over your skin. Apologies for any disappointment. Best wishes, SamuelThanks for the reply. You should be apologising for the deceptive advertising that you apply to your products of this kind. It’s not a question of us “feeling” one way or the other, it’s the fact that we were duped by your marketing that’s the issue.Hi Ash, Thank you for your reply. While we do apologise for any disappointment, Dyson don't manufacture air conditioners at this stage, nor do we claim any of our machines will provide this function. Should you wish to discuss this further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. Best wishes, Shan

Will the dyson Am09 turn off and on when the preset temp? Is reached and back on when the preset temp is reached or will it shut down completely after nine hours and not turn back until the remote is used to start it
It depends what setting you use. The timer setting will fully turn the Dyson off after the countdown is reached. If the timer is off and the room temperature is reached it will stay on "standby", where if the temperature drops again, it will continue automatically with the settings you already had. E.g. Rotating with fan on "3" on heat mode

Does the AM09 Connect to wifi so I can connect to the app
No the AM09 model does not come with Wi-Fi. It’s on the purifier model only. Hope that helpsI'll second that.. No.. IR remote..Apologies for any disappointment, however the Dyson Hot+Cool AM09 fan heater isn't WiFi enabled. If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via aucustomercare@dyson.com and happy to help.

My Dyson hot and cold fan will not go below 70 degrees, it then shuts off. What is your suggestion?
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your machine, it sounds as though the machine is working but you need to adjust some settings. The thermostat will detect the room temperature and only operate on heat mode if the ambient temperature of the room has not reached the desired temp. For example if you set the temperature to 70 degrees and the room is already at 65 then the fan heater will not operate. If the room is at 70 degrees and you set the temperature to 75 then the fan will kick in and remain on until this temperature has been reached. This means if you want to switch the fan to cooling mode in the summer, you need to set the temperature to 32. The power light will turn blue to confirm this. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via questions@dyson.com and happy to help.

CategoryStandalone Fans