Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link

MPNs: 305582-01, 308397-01 and 36447187

• Power
  • Room Type
    • Small Bedroom (41)
    • Living/Dining Area (33)
    • Large Bedroom (28)
    • Whole House (20)
  • Pet OwnerYes (44) · No (28)
  • Smokers Yes (6) · No (67)
  • Air Quality Improvement
  • Odour Improvement

Ange

AngeSydney, NSW

Easy to use, another alternative to high elec bill and A/C

vERY happy to get this during the black friday, was like $200 off. bushfires days purifier did work and its so gentle no loud noise, we can easily have it on while sleeping with a timer, so dont have to worry about keep the A/C on for the whole night

Purchased in December 2019 at Dyson for $549.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

Disappointed

Product is functional when it is powered on the problem is that this unit turns off after 8 hours of constant on so the monitor feature becomes void because the unit does not turn on when it detects poor air quality very poor design flaw. This feature does not have an type of override very disappointed for such an expensive unit. I purchased 2 of these to keep the air flowing and clean does not do this as advertised.

Purchased in January 2020 for $499.00.

Smokers Yes
Danielle

DanielleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing air purifier

Just purchased this modern looking air purifier already noticing the huge difference with my children sleeping in a fresher air space highly recommend especially for allergies it's amazing as it also has hot and cool options .

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hifi Home for $899.00.

Laura

LauraSydney, NSW

Bushfires

Bought the hot and cold purifier because of the bushfires. The Pm2.5 levels outside are over 300. Inside only38. I'm not going anywhere I'm staying at home with my new best friend my Dyson. I'm scared of the long term damage of the particles. Expensive but I'm not putting a price on my health.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Mostly Love It

I’ve had the unit for a couple of years now and have used it intermittently, mostly during spring and summer months. The last couple of months I’ve used it more because of the terrible bushfires all over NSW Australia. I don’t live directly in a bushfire area at the moment. I often get crazy readings and wondering if anyone can explain it. Air quality in my area today is marked as “Hazardous”, and one look outside shows a think blanket of dirty bushfire smoke. The Dyson is reporting the outside air as “Good”, which it clearly isn’t, and inside air as “Very Poor”, which it shouldn’t be as all windows and doors have been closed in the past few hours.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

James V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too noisy for the bedroom

There's a metallic fan in this machine that makes a grinding noise. Makes it entirely unusable overnight. Ok to use during the day, but you'll have to switch it off at night

Purchased in December 2019.

Room Type Large Bedroom
Dyson Team ..Dyson

We certainly wouldn't expect your Dyson Pure Hot+Cool machine to make a grinding noise and will only be happy to help get this resolved.

Please email your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

James V.

Still doing it - I'm returning it to the store today. I'm guessing it's just a poorly build unit. I'll try another - but if that exhibits the same issue I'll be asking for a full refund.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear this however confident the retailer will be able to assist.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we are happy to help.

SamCanberra 2600, ACT

Not sure

The app gives wrong information. Current AQI in Canberra is over 200 according to ACT health but app says 90.
Also in my Canberra living room, the AQI is shown to be 0 from the moment plugged in.. I noticed AQI only raises a tiny bit when the fan is at level 1.
I'm sceptical to believe the AQI information atm.

Sam

Hello thanks for your reply.
In which mode should the PM levels should be displayed?
I noticed that in auto - fan mode the levels are always 0 but in auto -diffuse mode they show higher levels. Is that correct?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

To confirm, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link will not show indoor PM levels. Apologies for any disappointment.

We would encourage emailing auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to further assist.

Impressive

Heats quickly. Cools as like a fan. Wont replace an air conditioner. Connected to wifi, can monitor air levels from anywhere with device, even if the machine is switched off.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for $898.00.

Jackson Dominic

Jackson DominicSydney, NSW

Life changing air purifier

The air quality is poor in my area given the recent fires in NSW. Used this for 2 hours in the room and as soon as I walked out of the room , noticed a change with the smokey smell in other portions of the house and not in the room.

Purchased in November 2019 at Catch for $549.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Bbm289

Bbm289Sydney, NSW

Faulty out of box

Purchased in November 2019 at Dyson.

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear of your experience and are keen to look into this and get this rectified.

Could you please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com? We will be in touch very shortly to assist.

Michael

MichaelBraddon 2612, ACT

Pure air

This is the best Dyson has come up with. The purifying function is amazing. Fan speed is great and heats and cools a room so fast. Love the app I can use anywhere

Purchased in December 2018 at eBay for $778.00.

Room Type Whole House

C.tan

C.tanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for heating

Dual function, can be used during winter and summer. It's great for heating small spaces, but not as good in cooling spaces. Fan's power is limited. However, as all with all dyson products, its design is sleek and pleasant.

Blows cold air slightly in standby ?

I just got my dyson am09, delivered an hour ago. I unpacked it and I set it at 20 and off it went. Great. Got to the room temp and shut off as expected, but then I notice a draft, I put the back of my hand to the heater and I can feel air coming out very very slightly. I put my ear to the base and it sounds like the motor is turning. But its very very slow. I have two fans and the other one does not do this. Do I have a faulty one ?

Purchased in October 2019.

Anne

Anne

Poor temperature control function but otherwise ok

So I bought this for the nursery as it has temperature control function and offers both hot and cooling options. The heating function is great, it heats up the room very quickly. However I was disappointed with the temperature control function, say for example, if I wanted to control the room temp at 23 degrees I found that the room is usually about 2 degrees higher than the set temperature (that is, 25 degrees). That’s not ok for a nursery and puts baby at risk of overheating. Because of this we can’t rely on the timer function, instead we have to keep a close watch on the temperature and wake up frequently to switch it on and off.

JaCe888

JaCe888Sydney, NSW

Excellent fan & heater with air purification!

Purchased in August 2019 at Dyson for $525.00.

KJP13

KJP13Southwest, VIC

Helping with study and sleep

DYSON CHAMPION
Since receiving the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool we have placed it in my sons room , as a yr 12 student he spends endless hrs in his room studying and trying to sleep . We were having a problem with the central heating going to his room ,so we turned the vent off with the Dyson he has been able to maintain a comfortable environment in which to study and sleep. My son has noticed a reduction in the amount of dust in his room , as an allergy sufferer this has been very helpful.

Purchased in July 2019.

Marco

Marco

Great product!!

Great product..easy to install and use it.very quite and warm the room quickly
It is great for baby room as you can set up the auto.
I would definitely buy it again

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

J L.

J L.

good but bit overpriced

On the cooling mode, it's just a noisy weak breeze fan. But I love heating mode it starts to make hot breeze in 10 seconds, and whole room get warmed in 5 mins

Purchased in March 2018.

Sasha

SashaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Efficient and Useful

I bought a Dyson Pure HotCool Link HP03WS air purifer and am very happy with the way it works, except at night when it is on auto and cuts in, the noise wakes me up.
I find that I am breathing much better.
The app is handy to have on the phone as I can change the temperature before I get home if I am out, or from another room in the house.
The heating function and options are ideal for me.
The unit is very easy to clean and is totally stable.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $698.00.

Geoff_K

Geoff_KSydney, NSW

Awesome product and highly effective

This Dyson does what it promises, it cleans the allergens from my bedroom, heats effectively and is super quiet, it’s helped my allergies immensely and I’m sneezing a lot less now, I’ve changed the filter once so far and the amount of dust and gunk collected was scary, the Dyson is super easy to use via the Dyson app and I am very satisfied, it’s not the cheapest fan on the market but you only get what you pay for and the Dyson is money well spent , especially if you suffer from dust or pollen allergies, try it, you won’t regret it.

Purchased in June 2018 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $599.00.

Eddie L.

Eddie L.asked

I have Dyson Pure Cool Link purifier. On last 5 days, from around 12am to 12 pm , the PM2.5 and PM10 level spike up from near 0 to mid 35 and cause the fan running full speed for 12 hours, then the level will back down to 0. My basement have nothing turn on/off around that timeframe. What might be the issue?

Charles S.

Charles S.asked

My Dyson hot + cold cannot seem to stay quiet in night mode (when heating). We set it to auto and a room temp and it’ll start quietly enough and then go SUPER LOUD all of a sudden which wakes everyone up including my 6 month old son. Is this normal? Why can’t it just stay in the quieter setting? Help

Dyson Team ..Dyson

When in auto mode, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool will automatically adjust it's fan speed depending on your air quality. For night mode, this will be restricted to fan speeds 1 through 4.

If these should be too loud, we would encourage manually choosing the fan speed after setting the machine in night mode.

We do apologise for any disappointment, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Renee A.

Renee A.asked

I have tried connecting to the Dyson app on an Apple phone and an Android and neither work. Any help?

Dyson Team ..Dyson

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue connecting your machine to the Dyson Link App. Here are a couple of checks to run through:

- Ensure you have the latest version of the Dyson Link App installed on your phone.
- Make sure that your purifier is not too far from your router.- keep them in the same room.
- Check that your mobile phone is connected to your Wi-Fi. While connecting it is a good idea to turn off your mobile data.
- Check that you are trying to connect your purifier to a 2.4GHz network, your purifier cannot connect to a 5GHz network.
- The Dyson password will always be in lower case and a mixture or letters and initials. Be aware that the "j" can look like an "i"..
- There may be a problem with your router, even if other connected devices are still working. Restarting your router may fix this. Most routers simply need to be unplugged and plugged back into their power source to restart them. Please refer to your routers documentation for specific instructions.
- If you have hidden your home Wi-Fi within your router settings, unhide it. The purifier cannot connect to hidden networks.
- Your router needs to be set on WPA or WPA 2 security protocol.

If we can assist further, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will only be happy to help.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives