MPNs: 305582-01 and 36447187

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

good but bit overpriced

On the cooling mode, it's just a noisy weak breeze fan. But I love heating mode it starts to make hot breeze in 10 seconds, and whole room get warmed in 5 mins

Purchased in March 2018.

Very Efficient and Useful

I bought a Dyson Pure HotCool Link HP03WS air purifer and am very happy with the way it works, except at night when it is on auto and cuts in, the noise wakes me up.
I find that I am breathing much better.
The app is handy to have on the phone as I can change the temperature before I get home if I am out, or from another room in the house.
The heating function and options are ideal for me.
The unit is very easy to clean and is totally stable.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $698.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom
Smokers No

Awesome product and highly effective

This Dyson does what it promises, it cleans the allergens from my bedroom, heats effectively and is super quiet, it’s helped my allergies immensely and I’m sneezing a lot less now, I’ve changed the filter once so far and the amount of dust and gunk collected was scary, the Dyson is super easy to use via the Dyson app and I am very satisfied, it’s not the cheapest fan on the market but you only get what you pay for and the Dyson is money well spent , especially if you suffer from dust or pollen allergies, try it, you won’t regret it.

Purchased in June 2018 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $599.00.

inferior product + poor service

I bought the machine in mid April, thinking of getting through this winter using it. Start using it in June and by end of June. the machine made cracking noise and burning smell and stop working. contacted Dyson's customer care in 3 July and sent the product for repair. I only get reply currently they are waiting for the stock to arrive to repair my 1 month old's Dyson machine with no ETA. When I reply back to the email and i get no response. Requesting refund of the machine, I was told to contact the seller which in my case is you Dyson.
Thank you Dyson, Winter is nearly over. If you are considering buying Dyson machine Hot-cool. Think twice.
Such an expensive machine with really poor quality + customer service.

Purchased in May 2019 for $675.00.

Smokers No
We are sorry to hear of your experience with your Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link machine. This isn't the experience we aim to provide to any Dyson Owner and would value the opportunity to look into this and assist further. If you could please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com we will be in touch ASAP.

Dyson Hot & Cool fan

This unit is excellent for what we need - heating a small room quickly. The unit is compact and sits in a convenient location out of harms way. The functions of heating and cooling with thermostat control is perfect for our needs. Long lasting filter that is easy & cheap to replace.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Smokers No

Perfect for heating a small room.

I really like this product...Perfect for heating a small room. I don't see how you can go wrong with these dyson products, you get exactly what you pay for. I use the app on phone for this rather than the remote I find the App easy to use and can turn the heat on from anywhere using the app. The only dislike thing I think it's a bit loud, wish it was a little quiet. Also find it hard to believe that I have to pay for new fillters in 12 mths, you should be able to wash these not replace them with costing $100. These are the only 2 things i can dislike regarding this machine.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $888.00.

so versatile

Filters the air , reducing my allergies
Able to keep track on air quality in different rooms
Powerful fan , in either hot or cool
Heats and cools quickly
safe to use around pets
very stable and adjustable directions for air flow
No increase in power bills

Purchased in July 2018 for $599.00.

Poor Service

Bought a Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link on special April 19, it keeps blowing air until you switch it off at the power point not with the remote, if you turn it off with the remote it still blows a very soft flow of air. Took the unit to Dyson, they first said it would be replaced and or fixed within a couple of days. It's been 7 days now and not looking like we will get it back for another 4 days. We were told it would be replaced now it's being escalated for repair ( told that twice now). Their service centre is shocking no one knows what they are doing. I am not so keen on the fan either, a lot of money for something that looks modern. This is the second Dyson appliance I have owned and both have been disasters. Not again.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Smokers No
We are sorry to hear of your experience. We would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com. We would value the opportunity to look into this and get this sorted ASAP for you.Hi we did send you guys an email on Monday, however no one got back to us, so we rang today. Seemingly there was a mix up with the paperwork. The problem has been resolved and you are replacing the unit. Thank you.I have to take back the last update as the saga is still ongoing. This time they sent the replacement unit to the wrong address, it is now on the way back to Dyson and they won't send another until this one is received back in office. I have explained several times I need this as I have bad allergies, I have been told they will express post it if it qualifies???. I have really lost all hope with Dyson. We are now talking 20 days.

Terrible

We had Two
Yes Two of these within 2 weeks .
Fist one had a faulty thermostat .
Returned for another 1 .
Had to return that with faulty vents .
It would not load the purifier information.
For the price its terrible.
Phoned help line lady told me i will send you a prepaid label to stick on your box to send back so we can repair it.
My reply No you wont .
I paid for a new one 3 days ago .
If i wanted a second hand one i could have purchased on Gumtree.
Terrible.
Thanks to the shop we bought it from we got a refund .
No thanks to Dyson

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

High Pitch noise not long after purchase. Lack of Homekit support.

Not after purchasing the fan has High Pitch noise when turning the fan speed on. Managed to get part replaced but really for a product at this price range I expect better built quality. Auto function does not detect smoking smell, lack of Homekit support.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Dyson Heat and Cool Link

I absolutely love this product. Purchased through Dyson in May 2019. I turn it on in my big 7 X 5 theatre room via the app before I get out of bed. 10 minutes later the room is toasty warm. I also find I'm not sneezing as much as our two cats spend a lot of time in this room. I. Would have one in every room if I could. It's much cheaper than running the reverse cycle air con in winter. Purified air is a bonus. The app shows when the filters need changing.
I also turned it on after the oven pyro stunk up the house. The app showed the air quality was very poor. An hour later, the air was good again, but it started to control the dreadful odour after about 15 minutes.
I was concerned about the price but it's worth every cent.

Purchased in May 2019.

Love this purifier

Love the purifier and hot cold functionality. Am not sure why but recently its been very loud. I've changed the filter but it hasn't fixed the issue. Otherwise this was an amazing product. I'm asthmatic and the purifier significantly improved the air quality.

Purchased in October 2016 for $799.00.

Smokers No
Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Purifier. We are pleased to hear you are happy with your machine. That being said, we wouldn't expect your machine's noise to change over time. If it has, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will only be happy to help.

Too good to be true

I bought this to maintain a constant temperature in my daughters room, and figured the air filter was a bonus. I chose this because the Dyson hot + cool without a filter had poor reviews. My hope was that I could reduce the amount of devices in the room by buying one that can operate as a fan and a heater.
Unfortunately this fails in both counts. The fan, at its highest setting produced only a light breeze for all the noise it created. When set to warm at a relatively quieter speed, it wouldn't warm the room fast enough. Considering this over $600 my expectations were higher than a oil heater or space heater. Anyway, didn't want to settle for an appliance that didn't meet my needs so returned it.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $628.00.

Great Heater, Fan, and Air Purifier

I love Dysons Fans. I've actually got 4 of them. (3 Tower Fans and this heater) This one I use to heat a study. Sure, they're Mega expensive, but their features are fantastic. Control it with an App. Have it clean the air, as well as heat it. It's a pretty cool fan in summer. I think they're worth the investment. Turn it on before you get home (with the App) and its nice and warm. Love it!

Purchased in June 2018.

Smokers Yes

An Air "Purifier" that fills the room with Chemical Odours

When I initially purchased this device, it worked fine, then after a few months we noticed an odd smell coming from the unit when it ran. Initially I did not think too much of it, but noticed it got stronger to the point that the entire bedroom would reek of this chemical smell when the machine was running.

The filter still had some life left in it, but decided to replace it to rectify the issue. 2 weeks and $100 later, the smell was still there.

I contacted Dyson support, they said that it would need to be sent back for review.

This is where the headaches started.

In January 2019, the machine was sent. Dyson Acknowledged receipt of the machine and said they would contact me to discuss. Instead of a call from Dyson, I received a text stating that the machine had been fixed and is being returned. I immediately called them and the person on the phone said that "the service centre noticed the smell and fixed it by replacing the filter". Frustrated, I explained that I had already spent $100 doing that, the agent said it had already been shipped, and that I should check it when it arrives as it had been marked "fixed".

The machine was sent, only to the wrong delivery address, even though the correct delivery address was clearly marked.

Some weeks later, after it was returned to sender and it finally arrived, straight out of the box , voila, the chemical smell was still there.

Attempt 2: Dyson arranged a courier to pick the machine and have another look at it. This time when it arrived, I was told "there is no chemical smell" , and that the machine was being sent back. After days of agonising too and throw, I told them that if it cant be fixed, it should be replaced as the machine is clearly faulty.

I received an email a few days later to confirm a replacement is being sent, only to the wrong delivery address. I immediately replied to the email, providing the correct address, which they replied to a few days later stating that it had already been sent. This was back in March. We are now in May and my emails are being ignored as to the status where this is.

It has been over 4 months that I am without the purifier, and Dyson honestly could not care less.

Avoid dealing with this Mob, for premium priced products, you are guaranteed to be treated like dirt.

Purchased in June 2018 at Dyson for $599.00.

Smokers No
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble getting your machine delivered. We would never knowingly ignore a Dyson Owner and are happy to help. If you haven't heard back from us, please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly.

One year review

I live in a very small home. I have a son who have chronic lung disease and having cleaner air was important to me.

I bought this machine mainly because of the purifier, but also because I don't have home space for a purifier, a fan, and a heater. 3 different machines will be a pain to maintain, not to mention the amount of space it takes.

I have been very satisfied with this purchase. The app shows air quality outside of home and I frequently realize when in open my windows. The air quality at home seems to be in the same category. I will shut my window and run the machine, soon after the air quality will be better.

There is a common balcony right above my windows and people smokes there. Often the smoke will come into my house, and lingers in here. My air condition is just good at circulating the smoke smell to all parts of the house. Ever since I got this machine. The smell don't linger any more and it is such an important feature to my son.

The heater, oh wow. It is the most effective heater I have used as it isn't localized to the place where we put the heater. It doesn't heat up surrounding air ever so slowly too. It pushes the heater air towards you and fills the whole room with warm at amazing speed.

The fan however. I have to highlight that it is no matter what, a fan, not an air conditioner. You get what you get from a fan. Nothing cooler. But you don't have to open up the whole fan go clean the blade and dry them Everytime dust starts collecting from storage. With this machine, you use your daily duster and swipe it clean that's it. It is extremely convenient. The air that they throws at you is pure. It's good for days when the air quality is awful and you have health sensitive people at home.

One thing I noticed however is that the machine picks up aroma therapy as bad air quality. You wonder how it's redundant to use aroma therapy and air purifier at the same time. I put them in different rooms. Machine still picks up. I guess it's a good thing the machine is that sensitive.

The remote however could use some soft backlights when any button is pressed. It's hard to figure which button is the one I need since they are all flat inline. And using the phone is just too bright in the middle of the night. You don't really want it flashing in your eyes. The app is a bit slow with connection I feel. But it gets the job done.

One thing to note. this machine isn't a one time purchase. It has a filter you have to change more or less yearly. It cost $100 a year. So as with most hygiene products, tooth brush etc. It is going to add to your yearly expenses.

There is a part of the machine you should avoid putting things close to. I notice when I put something too near the right side of the machine while it blows at u. The Wi-Fi couldnt connect. So do take note to keep things clear around machine.

Purchased in March 2018 at Dyson.

Smokers No

Worth the money for peace of mind

The product can be used via wifi, which is one of my favourite features. it means that I can remotely control it if it is in the nursery and I haven't wanted to wake the baby. I suffer from asthma and live in a town that has a coal mine so the air quality is never great, I have really noticed a difference with my asthma and how little I have needed to use a preventer. The heat and cool function are an added bonus and I think for all the features it is well worth the cost.

Love this so much! Cant live without it now.

Very satisfied with the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link™ purifying fan heater, could npt reccomened it enough. I have suffered from asthma since i can remember, after using the purifing function ive seen a huge improvement in my health!!
Also love that the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link™ purifying fan heater

Purchased in April 2018 for $800.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area, Small Bedroom and Whole House

High pollution

I am very satisfied with the fan's power and output. The functions were easy to use and the app was fantastic. The fan is ver stable.My daughter had had a collasped lung so has major breathing issue this has helped so much and because the unit is so light it can be moved from room to room. We have had it 8 months and it has asked us to change the filter only now. We live near mines with very high pollution, so I think that is very good

Purchased in June 2018 for $799.00.

Love the heat Setting

Absolutely love the air purifier. I suffer from Hayfever and have noticed the difference in the air quality within our home when we have it running.
Especially love the heat setting, we used this alot when our youngest was a newborn it kept her room at perfect temperature.
Easy to clean.
Love the app. I can be in bed and look at the app to see what temperature our little ones bedroom and is and turn the air purifier on right from my bed.

Purchased in May 2018.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom
Smokers No

My hot cold pure fan is very good in most respects, but from time to time turns itself on by itself. This happens whether I turn it off by its own remote or via the app.
We certainly wouldn't expect the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool link machine to turn on by itself unless it is scheduled to do so. Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Q. On these warm nights, when I switch my Hot+Cool air purifying Dyson Fan to (AUTO) using the hand control, it stays on for a few min (until air is clean with the illuminated (GREEN A) symbol as described by Dyson. But then switches off....is this normal as I wish the fan to stay on all night. Sincerely, Vincent
This is normal for your machine on auto mode as it sounds like the machine has reached the air quality target and moved into a standby mode. To keep your machine running in fan mode through the night, simply choose a fan speed, and when the machine is in fan mode (not heating mode), this will make the machine continue working as a fan regardless of the air quality. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

We bought two Dyson Pure hot + cool less than a year from Harvey Norman in Melbourne . Now we can feel that one machine motor (which is behind the filter i.e the main motor) is getting more loud. It is not abnormal noise is definitely mechanical noise from motor but is 25 to 30% louder from the time it was new and feels two irritating in quite environment. Its some type of more hissss sound and is from the main motor which is sucking in the air. The other Dyson machine we have is running fine. Please guide.
This is a very expensive buy and its motor starts making more noise in less than a year. build quality is not that good. I don’t know main suction motor sucks in dust n starts becoming noisy if is used regularly.We wouldn't expect your machine to become louder over time. If the noise exists after removing and refitting your filter, we would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

CategoryStandalone Fans and Air Purifiers