Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link

MPNs: 305582-01, 308397-01 and 36447187
See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Power
  • Pet OwnerYes (52) · No (42)
  • Smokers Yes (8) · No (88)
  • Air Quality Improvement
  • Odour Improvement

Sez I.
Sez I.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very efficient. Would like more detail about air quality.

Fan power is fabulous and the unit is very stable. I haven't had to clean the unit or change the filter as yet. I love the app functionality. I have a pet and suffer asthma which this unit is great for.

Purchased in June 2021 at Dyson for $599.00.

Teacup
TeacupKambah 2902, ACT

A luxury heating and cooling system

The Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link is a perfect heating and cooling appliance (and it purifies the air as well). To operate the heating/cooling system you use a magnetised remote that is easy to use and very effective. An added feature is that you can download the Dyson app and turn on your appliance before you get home to have the room cosy and warm or cool and relaxing as you walk in the door. To clean the appliance a dry cloth is all that is required to keep the ‘fan’ looking clean. The stylish appearance plus the great functionality of this heating/cooling makes this an all round winner.

Purchased in June 2020.

Cooksie 67
Cooksie 67Sydney, NSW

Winter Months

I wasn’t sure to buy this after reading all the negative reviews. My room is always cold and this heater is just perfect. I find the functions good, note 1 thing the rotating button needs to be close to the machine before it works. I noticed on the 1st day I brought it I timed it for 15mins and my room was nice and warm. Noise level is not bad

Purchased in July 2021 at Bing Lee Online store for $649.00.

Love the Dyson link app. Can operate from my phone from anywhere

Am very satisfied with the purifier as it does what it supposed to do. The air that we breath when the purifier is on is clean. I have two of these purifiers and love them. My whole family enjoy the hot settings. Noise levels are not bad. Would definitely recommend the product to friends. Thanks Dyson.

Purchased in May 2021 at Dyson for $764.00.

Bel
BelSydney, NSW

Perfect for every season!

darciemr
darciemrGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is incredibly frustrating.

It works pretty well as a heater, which is why I purchased it (a friend of mine had one). But after only a couple of months of use, it smells awful. I have tried to clean it and I have replaced the filter, however every time I go to clean it, it is completely filled with dust and dirt particles. It is also incredibly difficult to clean, and you must have the right tools to do so. There is also an incredibly ANNOYING high pitched ringing sound (peaking) that comes from the base of the unit, where the cord comes out. It is incredibly frustrating and must be turned off at the power outlet for me to sleep. I would not recommend this product.

Robert Zhu
Robert ZhuSydney

Does not even warm up a 10m2 room!

Previously used only for fan cooling which was fine. As this winter gets colder, I have started using the device to heat up my bedroom. Only to realize after 30+ mins of constant high fan setting at 37 degrees, my room temperature was only up by less than 3 degrees.
Contacted Dyson and they refuse to even inspect the device unless I agree to pay $65. It is just out of warranty but with a manufacturer problem like this I would expect dyson to do better, we paid premium prices for your products.

Purchased in November 2018 at David Jones for $500.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Dyson launches a new air purifier range targeting formaldehyde

Dyson is releasing a new range of their signature air purifiers - with the inclusion of a new filter designed to sense, capture and destroy formaldehyde. But does the hefty price tag justify what the new technology has to offer?

Avleen M.
Avleen M.22 Mar 2021
dyson-launches-a-new-air-purifier-range-targeting-formaldehyde
Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan
Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Heats too long

I bought it today and was so exuding to use it as my unit gets really cold in winter. It took 3 hrs to increase in temperature. Room was displaying 18 degrees and moved to 21 3 hours later

I would like to return this product pleaae. For $800+ it's not functioning the way it was advertised.

Purchased in May 2021 at The Good Guys Physical store for $899.00.

Dave M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Non-existent after sales service

Purchased in May 2019 for $599.00.

Shauni Lo Monaco
Shauni Lo MonacoSydney, NSW

Doesn’t actually cool !!

I bought this as it’s called the Dyson “hot-cool link” but is doesn’t actually cool! It just has a fan, that a $20 fan from Kmart could beat easily. I’m disappointed due to the price I paid, and maybe I should have done more research but I assumed for that price it would do both considering the name of the product. First product Dyson has let me down on.
Also you can’t look on the app unless you have wifi which is a bit disappointing. Would be great if it was blue tooth.
I have a small bedroom and it does not cool it at all even with all the blinds closed and no sun.
It’s also very loud and does no push out as much air as a conventional fan.

Purchased in November 2020 at Dyson for $585.00.

Sameer M.
Sameer M.Western Australia

Don’t buy it, it has Wifi issues and won’t connect to the app.

Had wifi issues just 3 days after I bought it and it only connects to a 2.4 GHz modem and not 5 GHz. Can’t believe in this day and age, Dyson has tied the machine to a specific wifi frequency and not compatible with dual band wifi modems.

Other Standalone Fans

Air purifier for the Bedroom?

power not as powerful as a standard fan . night mode: low speed and dims the LED's narrow or wide beam flow but used mostly in narrow beam mode. Noisy at higher speeds therefore most will use the fan at about 5/10 for optimum noiseless operation. I have used the fan for about a year now and have just changed the filter, which is easy to do, however, the price of the replacement filter is quite high. I have attached pictures of the filter, the first showing a small part having been cleaned, (with a Dyson), and the second as removed. Overall pleased with the fan but much too expensive.

Purchased in September 2019 for $480.00.

Usability tester
Usability testerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointing

Have barely used this Hot+Cool Purifying fan. To use the fan it needs to be connected to your WiFi, unfortunately, every time there is a blackout the connection is interrupted and you have to reconnect manually or it won't work. I think the set up is ridiculous. I'd much prefer, if it was simply plug and use. I don't understand why it needs to be WiFi driven unless Dyson is gathering data.

Purchased in November 2018 at Catch for $489.00.

Ricardo F.
Ricardo F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Manufacturing problem

I would not recommend buying the product.
My Dyson Purifying fan presented a manufacturing problem that even after I turn it off the fan does not stop rotating.

I contacted Dyson and they asked me to pay $190 to solve this problem as it was not under warranty anymore. We cannot be responsible for a manufacturing problem.

I am very disappointed!

Vin
VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing Purifier Fan Heater

We bought this directly from the Dyson website with the cheapest price plus free product delivery to our house. The heating and purifying features are what we need and it does the job very well .The instructions for setting up is easy. The remote control device is very responsive and the given the features are very functional based on experience.

Tony V.
Tony V.asked

When I switch off my Dyson purehot+cool link using either the app or the remote, the appliance emits a continuous low level hum from its base unit. I have found the only way to stop the hum is by switching off the power at the mains. Is this a normal behaviour or is the appliance faulty?

Steve O
Steve O

I have the same problem, still waiting for an answer.

DysonDyson

To continually graph the air for the Dyson Link App the machine will run at a very low setting to pass air over the sensor. You can turn this feature, 'Continuous Monitoring', off in the settings menu of your Dyson Link App however when the machine is off it will no longer monitor and graph air quality when not turned on.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Neilasked

My Dyson Pure Hot Cold App is reporting outside temperature of 20 degrees when it’s really 9! Why? It is correctly set at North Sydney.

DysonDyson

While the temperature, humidity and air quality inside your home is measured by your Dyson machine, the measurements outside of your home are provided by an external source.

Usually you should find these are close to accurate, however if you are finding these aren't matching for a period of time, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Neil

Thanks, it’s been doing it for ages. It’s currently 9degrees outside & raining. The app says the outside temperature is 20 degrees and fair. Nowhere near correct.

DysonDyson

This is not what we'd expect. Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts and we'll only be happy to further assist.

DYse
DYse asked

Is it safe to leave my dyson hot and cool air purifier on full (10) speed for over 48 hours?

DysonDyson

While the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link can be used for longer periods, for safety, the machine will automatically turn off after 8 hours of active heating. Once this occurs the machine will need to be turned back on either by pressing the button on the machine, using the remote, or by the Dyson Link App.

We hope this helps, but if we can assist further please get in touch with our Dyson Experts who are available via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger, you can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

See all Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link questions

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Anything Dyson branded is sure to garner interest – it’s like the Apple of the home appliance world. But what do reviews on the Dyson Hot + Cool Link have to say about this it’s overall quality and performance?

The majority of reviewers were happy with the fan’s performance, with around 70% of reviewers awarding it 4 or 5 stars. This is somewhat of a relief to see, considering this Dyson tower fan, at $799, is the priciest tower fan on the market.

What reviewers liked about the Dyson Hot + Cool Link:

• Fan speed heats or cools a small-medium sized room particularly fast
  • Keeps the air clean, thanks to a built-in air purifier and allergen-removing filtes. Reviewers loved these, as they could sense the difference in air quality
  • Has plenty of extra features that you actually use, like Wi-Fi and a magnetised remote control
  • Bladeless design made it a popular favourite in children’s rooms
  • While expensive, many reviewers felt that the Dyson Hot + Cool Link was worth the money for the performance and features.
CategoryAir Purifiers and Standalone Fans