Listing monitored by E.Tel

2.2
Ben.L
Ben.LCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Good deal but comes with a big drawback!

Never thought I would find a cheaper plan for x amount of data but here it is. I was on a promotion paying $10 for 7gb.

PROS:
- Very cheap... saving you tons of $$$
- Plan is still very cheap after promotion expires
- Speed hits 4G+ in some areas, averaging 4G and rarely 3G

CONS:
- Does not have an app and website does not work (at the time of the review)... Meaning you can't track your bills and usage. Will have to use data prudently which can be quite stressful at times.

It would be great if they can email the receipt with summarised data usage.

Hi Ben,
Thank you very much for your review and your recent update. We are glad to hear you are enjoying our 7gb promotion plan!
We will message you privately to assist you with your balance and usage.

Avin F.
Avin F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible Experience!

I requested my number to be ported to ETel few months ago (I cant even remember when, more than two months) and it got ported yesterday without prior notification at all. Yet the ETel Sim wasn't working and i am still without a working connection. Seems to be defective sim. The only good thing about ETel is their customer service who seems to understand the pain ETel customers go through. I am switching back to my old provider.

SSK
SSKMelbourne

Delay in porting but good customer service

I had got an e-tel SIM was porting, First was shocked to hear it takes 7 - 14 days. Spoke to a person, good guy and local ausi call center. He said will accelerate the porting 4 days later still no connection. Spoke again to get an update, call center staff are good but she said not sure when it will be ported but happy to refund.

I feel for the customer service staff when the company has no proper systems but greedily promote to get more customers. Best to avoid eTel for now they are not ready for mobile game and are deceiving customers out of greed.

Christine29
Christine29South East Queensland, QLD

Transferring number is ridiculous

I started the process to get my number ported over to E.Tel around 14th January, and it was still not working on the 9th February. I contacted them for an update, and they blamed Optus, and I quote "Unfortunately our porting applications are being affected by an Optus system upgrade, causing unexpected delays and frustration for our customers which we completely understand." I just joined GOMO, started the activation and porting my number at around 9:30am, and it's all completed now at 12:20pm, and they are also on the Optus network so they didn't have an issue transferring my number over. I really wanted to support a small business, but won't even look at E.Tel and will definitely tell everyone I know to steer clear.

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only

Philip
PhilipSydney, NSW

Absolutely scam

I canceled my sim already for months but they still reduce my bank account. That is horrible.
Very difficult to contact them. Should not apply you info. They will stole your money anyway.

NRJ P.
NRJ P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Doesn’t value time, money and customers. Don’t stick to their words.

Doesn’t value customers, time. I’ve been waiting for months to get get my sim sim ported to etel but still not ported. And these rude, unethical employees want me to pay them for canceling the service. I would give them zero star if possible.

Simon ELLIS
Simon ELLISSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beyond a joke

Its now 27 days I've been waiting for my 3 mobiles to be ported across to Etel and 2 of them are on the Optus network ..not to mention that the first lot sim cards were defective and I had to wait for new ones to be sent. This company is a beyond a joke. They get 1star because I can't give zero.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Harry

Cannot activate my sim for months/year.

I activate my sim on 25/11/2020 and has not been activated yet. I think I will take 1 more year in 2021. On the website its say, 3-7 days to activate. I was calling customer service every second day and they say we are trying our best. Never go with a cheap plan because of etel I'm not able to use my phone/data (can't call) for months. Never ever use etel service, you will thanks me later otherwise you will regret it during your whole plan period.

Craig R.
Craig R.South East Queensland, QLD

Charge for MMS

Watch out... they charge for MMS.. this is hidden in the fine print. Shame on you. All other providers don't charge for MMS so why is etel doing this. Take this charge away.

Good Plan and Good customer service

Been with E-Tel over a month now.. so far so good. Customer service is very good and it’s only take 3 days to port the numbers across.. Keep up the good work Alisa and the team. The only thing I would like to E-Tel to do is to launch a data pool as I have 3 mobiles.

Tina
TinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst service

Please don't go with this cheaper service. I have been using this from 2 months and never get internet when I in need. Specially in the store u can not search anything if u want.

M Jones
M Jonesmelbourne

Charged for MMS ends up being expensive

Would not recommend this company if you using mms. Not helpful when asked about charges. Gone with IINET now because they don’t charge for them. $2 more for comparable contract but well worth it.

Endra
EndraSydney, NSW

Good customer service

Got quick response from customer service regarding any issues. They have really improved it. My only suggestion is to provide customer service during weekend as well. Will update about network reliability later.

Hi Endra,
Thank you for your kind feedback. It is greatly appreciated and very encouraging.
Glad we were able to resolve your port. Thanks again.

Absolutely the worst mobile network provider I have dealt with.

Akiko.C
Akiko.CSydney, NSW

Worst service

They took 3 weeks to port my number and didn't even notify me anything. It was worse for my husband's phone. They took his number from the old provider and cancelled the service but didn't activate the new service of Etel.. Now his number is disabled. Just unbelievable!