Easy Living Home Elevators

Easy Living Home Elevators

Don't Care that our Lift Phone Does Not Work

I used to think this company was OK, we have one of their lifts in our house. The lift itself has given us 4 years of good service with no problems. The servicemen for the annual service seem nice. However, along came the NBN and we had to turn our internal lift phone from a landline to a built in mobile because landlines go out in a blackout when you are on NBN (something the NBN adds don't tell you). The internal phone in the lift is a major safety feature in case someone is caught in the lift alone in the house, and is absolutely required by law. It has stopped working and Easy Living will not speak to me about it. I have phoned many times and keep being told by the girl at the other end that they will get back to me - they haven't. This is appalling and I would guess illegal because as I said the phone is a safety item.

Sorry to hear this Domus, Please contact our 1800 813 555, 24/7 phone number and ask for Dee or email sales@easy-living.com.au. The lift phone is definitely a safety feature and needs to be looked at urgently. Please contact Dee ASAP so that we can arrange for our technician to attend site today. Kind regards, Customer Care TeamI contacted the number given to me by the Easy Living Home Elevators official and I am pleased to say that they arranged for a technician to come out and he appears to have fixed the problem. He told me he was going to recommend that I not be charged for the work and that appears to be the case because so far I have not received a bill. It appears that the phone problem may be yet another unannounced efffect of the NBN, because the built in mobile phone that replaces the landline that was in our lift, is subject to the vagaries of reception problems. In fact the technician told me that one poor lady was trapped in her lift for 20 hours unable to get reception from the lift phone. This is a major safety issue and it should be looked into. The NBN need to work out what will happen to all the people who depend on phones in the event of a blackout when landlines no longer work.

Terrible!

Easy living installed a Domus lift to our new home in about 2011. Over the past few months, a few things have gone wrong with it - which we expect from time to time. The service by Easy Living and their booking system in the last 6 months have been terrible. Scheduling issues, poor customer service, text messages not being received, other peoples booking confirmations received by us (including their addresses). Calls not being returned. The best one is on 21 December 2018. We paid $2603.00 (upfront) to have a new motor pump installed and an NBN upgrade. The booking advice said someone would be at our place at 8am. By 9am I rang the QLD booking office to inquire as to where the technician is? I was informed "he turned up at your house at 8am but had to leave for an entrapment call out".. Fair enough. Of course nobody rang and told us (typical awful customer service with this company). We were told the technician would come, however, due to the high chance of rain best he didn't as it was an electrical pump being installed. After informing the booking office "It is cloudy here but the forecast is no chance of rain". I was informed, "Well, there is a high chance of rain where the technician currently is" (which incidentally was 22km and a 40 minute drive from us). Seriously, starting to sound like a very "tall story" So now we do not have a working lift over the Christmas period and have been rebooked for 2 January. Let's see what happens? By the way, it's now 11:30 there has been no rain and the sun is out! Merry Christmas.

Update: 2nd Jan 8 am - Nobody turns up. We have to ring of course and chase up. Have been advised someone is definitely coming today. Let's see what happens.

Further update: 2nd Jan 3pm - A call from QLD office. They cannot attend today (Surprise! Surprise!) The technician realized he does not have the part he needs to do the job. It was as left in another van before Christmas. (Very organized business this one)! Rebooked Saturday 4th. Third time lucky?!?! We have now left a message for a Manager to call back when he is out of a "meeting".

Worst Company I ever had to Deal With

From the very beginning we had trouble with Easy Living Elevators. We were given specifications, but on each visit during the build they changed lift well specifications, a cost I had to wear. Within days of install the lift broke down and has continued to break down, so much so I insist that only bags go in lift and passengers go down the stairs, if the lift is working. I had had them out to fix the breakdowns over the last year numerous times. I currently have been waiting a week for a service, and today I am now told it's another 3 days, today's appointment cancelled late.
Let me caution anyone considering using this company, DON"T

Sorry to hear this Warren. We’ve launched an urgent investigation. We take customer service very seriously and I’ll respond when I know more.After over a week a service call occurred on Christmas eve, on Christmas day the lift has broken down again, same problem. I was thankful that another adult was onsite to extract me again from the lift. As you can see from the above comment, whoever posted it remains anonymous.

Easy Living -a great domestic lift company

I am sorry to hear Domus lifts are no longer being made .We had ours now for 8 month and are very happy with its performance and quality.
Our experience in dealing with Easy Living could not have been better, with both Craig and Robin going out of their way to assist us during the whole project, I only hope that there will be continued good support for Domus lifts now that they are no longer in production
Theo

Thank you so much for your five-star review! The DomusLift is still available. We’ve complimented our range with innovative "cutting edge" drive systems and technology from suppliers that rejected our competitors to represent them. We're very proud of that! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new elevators performance and quality. We’ll be sure to pass your feedback on to Craig and Robin. Easy Living Home Elevator has over 8500 lifts in our maintenance system around Australia, we will always provide product support through servicing/maintenance and stand behind our elevators with our 10 year parts guarantee, ensuring your elevator will run smooth year after year. We'd like to thank you again for taking the time to leave this review - and we hope you continue to enjoy your elevator for many years to come! Best wishes, Customer Care Team at Easy Living Home Elevators

Domuslift is not being made anymore - but they don't want to give refunds! Why?

Easy Living cannot sell the Domuslift from IGV because the factory is stopped production as it is worth NEGATIVE E23,000,000. So it has to suspend operations. Hoping to try and find an investor to bail them out. Got to get court permission first and thats only in September 2018. Its unlikely as they lost money for the last 4 years and have sales of less than E30,000,000. Its shut on 20 April 2018 and clients going elsewhere.

Easy Living don't want to give clients money back and say the problem is not concerning. It is for clients who have to plan a project and don't know what to get.

Heard that even after being shut for two months, Craig Schmidt from Easy Living Melbourne said "no refund" to a client at least 30 times in one telephone conversation, despite the fact that they cannot offer the lift they sold the client. Eventually after threats he agreed to refund. Law is simple, if you cannot supply what you offered, you give a refund.

Kept saying you are better off with a premium range which you can have for same price. "Premium range" is from https://www.jpc-elevators.eu/company-uk.php which doesn't look premium at all!. Not compared to the no longer made product www.domuslift.com. Why not come clean Easy Living?

Hi, Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to you based on your username "Melbourne". I can see that this is the only review you have left on productreview, AS MARKET LEADERS WE DO HAVE COMPETITORS WHO WILL FABRICATE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. This year we are celebrating 20 years in business combined our 18th year of being the exclusive distributor of the DomusLift, our history of honourable, honest and ethical conduct is without blemish. We are proud of our company history, success and future prosperity. Our customers choose us based on this and we honour trust with performance. Our desire to enhance our product range is good business practice and we're proud of the new products we have selected. We’ve been designing our “dream” product range for over 2 years. We had no intention of discontinuing the DomusLift affiliation. An example would be a new car dealership who may offer (for example) Hyundai and Toyota, but are adding Mercedes Benz to their business. In this case the customer decides the attributes that suit them based on their needs. Our case is very similar in that we chose additional products to enhance our range. It is worth noting that ALL of the new products from our personally selected Italian suppliers are more expensive than the DomusLift range, however ALL affected customers were offered these at no additional cost. Our new suppliers and products are exceptional and have been chosen after a rigorous selection process in both technical and manufacturing capability. Remember we sell on average, 600 lifts per year so the manufacturer needed sufficient capability to meet our needs and needed a high quality reliable product….we’ve ticked all those boxes. We’re extremely excited to be working with these selected companies. In fact, the 4 key technical team selectors of the including the CEO, have collectively over 123 years lift industry experience ….we’ve used that to select only the best for our customers. Easy Living Home Elevators holds Quality System Certification, we are the only specialist Home Elevator Company that holds certification to ISO9001 (recognised all over the world) what this means is that we have proven to independent external auditors that come into our business that we have a documented system and process for achieving quality outputs and products. The law, the Department of Consumer Affairs and other agencies like the ACCC are there to protect consumers from unscrupulous operators. Our customers legal rights remain. So in short, our customers, are in good safe hands with significant financial strength, technical capability and a great new product range. In our 20th year, we are supremely confident that the products we have selected will keep us at the forefront of the home elevator industry for the next 20 years and beyond. So it’s back to business for us, with a new and exciting product range that’s packed with advantages over our competition because that’s what you’ve come to expect from Australia’s number 1 home elevator company.such bull. This is a verified customer complaint, Thou doth protest too much. Bull artists is what you are. I got my money back from you only after I had to to lodge a claim with VCAT. It took 6 months. So now you know who I am, but maybe there are others with the same grief from you. Just go through your list of customers you refunded after being sued... I am on it.

The worst Stay away from EASY LIVING!!!

***Stay away from this company***

Hello, we have been using easy living for many years without a problem, in the last 12 months they have changed the way they do things.
1. you cannot get a quote or an invoice, you get a quote invoice all in one that does not make any sense at all, when call them up and try and get an explanation Easy Living are confused by there own system and cannot give you a straight answer
2. You have to pay 50% up front before they will do anything - To me this is because there work is so bad that people are refusing to pay for incomplete jobs (See point 3) It is ridiculous that you have to pay 50% up front, i can understand paying a deposit but you have to pay 50% on a half quote half invoice half statement! You cannot get a quote by itself, you cannot get an invoice by itself.
3. Our lift was not working as it should so we call Easy Living they come out and half fix it because they do not have the parts (Ok i can understand this) the next person comes out with some parts (not all of them) and he does not have the correct tools to complete the repairs, the net person comes out to have a look and does not know how to fix it!!! then we get a sheet of paper with the call outs we have already paid, a quote of the work that needs to be done and we have to pay 50% before they will do anything.

It is like they have changed management in the last 12 months and they have completely lost the ability to do business like a normal company.

Because of the new policy with invoices & quotes & 50% deposit we will be taking our business elsewhere, which is a shame because we had been doing business with this company for nearly 20 years.

Hi Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we are sorry to hear about the issues you have had. Issues will occur from time to time, and we always work with our clients to achieve a result that is completed in a timely manner and to the highest standard. However firstly, let me clarify we have a service agreement form which once completed and received means our clients do not have to make a upfront payment. Secondly, the issues were due to the doors not locking into place, due to misuse and slamming of the doors by users which has been previously highlighted. An elevator contains sophisticated electronic computer equipment which should be handled with care. Andrew, we appreciate your patience in allowing us to rectify this for you. We can confidently state that we went above and beyond to rectify these issues to ensure that you were delighted with the end result with no issues and your elevator has been working fantastically since. Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home ElevatorsHello Thank you for your response, and yes our elevator is working fantastically now BUT only after i have posted this review. You did not go above and beyond at all until i posted this review. With the upfront payment issue you need to separate the quote and and the invoice, they way it is or way was is very confusing. You need to understand that elevators get knocked around and they get used and abused our issue with Easy Living was it took mutiple techs to come out mutiple times to fix our elevator, there seemed to be a lack of knowledge and a "Lets try this and see if it works" approach. Easy living i hope that the quote / invoice system gets sorted out, because we were told we need to make a upfront payment before a tech would come out for i think the 4th time to fix the same issue. Normally in business we do not pay the bill until the job is 100% completed.Hi Andrew, Yes, you are right we went above and beyond when our Customer Care team were notified of the review. With over 10,000 customers unfortunately we don't always get it right. We thank you for your initial review which has made a difference in the way we operate. In fact we are investing in a new ERP system to improve our customer service experience for both existing and future customers. We are wrapped that your elevator is working fantastically since the issue and has been great over the past 20 years considering the heavy usage at your restaurant. Kind regards, Customer Care Team

Dodgy, Deceitful & Dishonest

This company is the greatest example of "how not to do it" I have ever come across. They charged close to $600 for a service which is supposed to cover a whole range of the lifts functions - including lighting.

A Week later I receive a quote for approx $250 for a technician to return to replace an LED downlight - because he didn't have one with him at the time of the service - and they want 50% paid upfront! (not the case for the $600 service!)

This is a blatant rip off and what makes it worse is when it is brought to their attention, they aggressively defend the charge as their normal business practice. What parallel universe do these guys live in??

Take my advice - don't use these cowboys, find a real lift service company who are professional, reasonable and honest..

Hi Derek, At Easy Living Home Elevators we take great pride in making sure that the product and service we provide is of an extremely high standard at all times. We are sorry that you had issues with servicing. I can confirm we resolved this issue promptly and you have not been charged $250 to replace a downlight. We never charge $250 to replace a downlight, this has been an error on our part due to a computer system glitch. Thank you for your feedback, it is important for us to receive both positive, and constructive feedback, as it allows us to address your concerns, and provide a better service to our future clients. Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Beautiful Elevator (Lift) completed

Firstly many thanks to Dee (Dijana Vojvodic) for all of her efforts towards our new Easy Living Lift. We live in Port Lincoln, S.A. and of recent days built a holiday home in Ulladulla, NSW. As one would imagine everything had its challenges. Once the finer details of the Lift were completed with Dee then it is ordered from overseas, as soon as it arrives to Australia the arrangements were made and the installing boys drove down from Sydney to install. We were very excited as the Lift was unpacked. The end result was just as we ordered and the Lift works like it should. Would we order again from Dee at Easy Living Home Elevators if we needed to for another home - Yes definitely. We have had 2 follow-up services to the lift and the service boys are very good to work with. Keep up the good work and keep listening to your customers. Look forward to happy days always with our Elevator(Lift).
Musharella & Bartolomeo(Bob) Puglisi

Hi Musharella & Bob, Thank you very much for leaving us this wonderfully detailed review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Easy Living Home Elevators, and will pass your comments on to Dijana and the Easy Living team who really enjoyed working on this project with you, and will enjoy reading your feedback. We’re so happy that you would definitely order from Easy Living Home Elevators again and to hear that not only do you love your new elevator, but that you received such fantastic service throughout the process and aftercare with our service technicians with professional work and excellent communication. We know that building a holiday home is a big decision, so thank you for choosing us. We’re very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed expectations! We'd like to thank you again for taking the time to leave this fantastic feedback - and we hope you continue to enjoy your elevator for many years to come! Best wishes, Customer Care Team at Easy Living Home Elevators

Can't live without it

Love the service and the product. Have had the lift installed for 13 years, its amazing. The staff are very helpful and a real pleasure to do business with.

Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your review and 5 star experience with Easy Living Home Elevators. We always love hearing from our satisfied customers like yourself! We’re so happy to hear that you were pleased with not only the quality of your elevator but the high level of professionalism delivered by our team. We pride ourselves on our strong attention to detail, so we were glad that we are a real pleasure to do business with. We'd like to thank you again for taking the time to leave this fantastic feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy your elevator for many years to come! Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Bumpy Start, Great Finish

Poor start from installation, several issuse’s along the way, without rectification, then handed to the service dept mid 2017, WOW great service team, wonderful response on the telephone, technicians onsite and even had the senior manager attend, lift working great as originally should of. Easy Living certainly went above and beyond to achieve a great result. Lift not faulted at all.
Big Thank You

Hi Peter, Thank you for leaving us this lovely five-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your elevator installation as well as your experience working with our service and management team. The team at Easy Living Home Elevators always enjoy working on projects that are a little more challenging, and delivering the final elevator that ticks all the boxes. We are sorry to hear about the poor start from installation but are glad the issues were rectified quickly from our service team and that you love your beautiful new elevator. We’re so happy to hear that our service team were able to provide such a fantastic experience and your comments will be passed on to them – we know they will be thrilled to hear your remarks and that you were so happy with their service and the final result! Thanks again, and we wish you all the best in your new elevator! Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Why cover up?

Why EasyLiving's boss keep giving good review every where to cover up? They should improve their service and how to treat their staff. Was dealing with their service manager and technicians at Sydney 3 years ago. Their service was not too bad at that moment. But I found their technicians keep leaving and every year when call for service are not the same technician and service is poor. I will consider any other company for my next house.

Hi Ada, Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to you based on your username. Have you purchased an elevator from us? I can see that you are not a verified customer and this is the only review you have left on productreview, as market leaders we do have competitors who will fabricate negative reviews. Easy Living Home Elevators are specialists who’ve been leading the way in Australia for 20 years, we are the clear #1 supplier of home elevators in Australia with over 8,292+ lifts in service, which is over x3 our nearest competitor. We have a team of service technicians and if you would like the same technician year after year please request this with your next booking, we are more than happy to fulfil your request, as a matter of fact our longest serving employee has been with us for 18 years! We are proud of the fact that we’re Australia’s largest home elevator company that’s still privately owned and still holds onto traditional values. We are also proud of the fact we have the highest percentage of direct employees who have been with us for 10+ years, it all adds up to better, longer lasting relationships. Ada, if you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact Dijana, our National Customer Care manager who is only too happy to speak with you. Warm regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Dodgy and dishonest

Easy Living markets themselves as a prestigious lift company for top end clients. But in reality, they are contenders for the worst company i have ever dealt with. It has been proven that some of their workers are unlicensed and untrained, they are putting peoples lives at risk and it is shocking to me that they get away with it. When you pay premium money for a "premium" product you would expect that the person installing it is adequately trained to do so, especially when it is something as dangerous as an elevator. The management are impossible to deal with and won't return phone calls. The product looks good in the photos, but that's where the quality stops. If you want a proper lift for your home or office, take your money else where.

Hi Mick, Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to you based on your username. Have you purchased an elevator from us? I can see that you are not a verified customer! Our expert team of technicians are all employed and trained by Easy Living Home Elevators, they are also factory trained to be experts in their field. Their knowledge is also continually updated through regular education and training programs. Our technicians also use state-of-the-art tools to ensure that all home elevators run to a world-class standard. We are also hold Quality System Certification, Easy Living Home Elevators is the only specialist Home Elevator Company that holds certification to ISO9001. We have internationally recognised processes in place. We take great pride in making sure that the product and service we provide is of an extremely high standard at all times. Where issues do arise, we always do our very best to go above and beyond to resolve these promptly. Dijana, Our National Customer Care manager is only too happy to speak with you if you wish to discuss this further. Warm regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Dishonest Company with appalling customer service

Had Annual service supposedly performed, spoke with technician at the time (and when booking service) regarding issue of doors sticking on one level. This was not fixed, when requested a return, was charged full cost and Company denied I had given any information regarding doors and due to a month passing...between technician visits..(due to Easy Living not showing up for two scheduled appointments!!) the issue was not related!!!! Despite my records of the maintenance sheets, numerous phone calls and e-mails to ascertain their negligence of facts and I requested they review the calls of when I booked and the paperwork from technicians and contact me to discuss the outcome. The only response from them is a letter from a Collection Agency!
Shame on you Easy Living Home Elevators.
Warning to all,
1.This Company rarely (once out of 6 scheduled appointments) bothers to show up, or get in contact with you to reschedule.
2. Servicing is not carried out to an acceptable standard.
3. Incompetent communication capabilities within the Company itself or with customers.

Hello Rose, We are sorry to hear about the issues you have had and thank you for your feedback. It is never nice for us to hear about unpleasant experiences, and we work very hard on ensuring that we give our clients, the best service we can at all times. Unfortunately I cannot gather any particular information related to your elevator based on your username. If you could please email me sales@easy-living.com.au with your surname & lift reference number, I will be happy to contact you directly to address your concerns alternatively you can ask to speak with Dee, the Customer Care Manager on 1800 813 555. Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators

Home Elevator Success with Excellent Service

We needed a home elevator in our 4-level house to easily move older people and heavy baggage up and down.
When we searched for Brisbane suppliers there was only 2 possible companies that could provide a 4-level home lift: Easy Living and the Lift Shop.
We chose Easy Living and their Italian IGV Domus Lift because this brand has sold 25,000 lifts world wide making it a very reliable and economical product.
We are very happy with the lift and plus the many Easy Living staff have been working there for an average of 10 years, so they know exactly how to make a product fit into every home environment.
By comparison the Lift Shop did not have their own premises, plus their total Brisbane staff was one or two people. This was not the kind of lift supplier that we wanted.
Thank you for reading this review.

We found that the staff at Easy Living Home Elevators are exceptionally good. They are a cohesive long term employee team and not just another contractor. Experience has shown that when a supplier simply hires contractors or brings people up from Sydney, the level of service is much lower plus you get a different person each time who does not know the site.Hi Phil, Thank you so much for your fantastic 5 star review, we always love hearing from our satisfied customers like yourself! We’re so happy to hear that you are not only thrilled with your elevator, but also the service you have experienced over the years. Deciding which home elevator company to use is a big decision, so we are really pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a reliable elevator that you love and at a competitive price. We also take pride in our world-class showrooms in every major Australian capital city with operational elevators on display. It costs nothing to say “we care about our customers” and unfortunately that’s why there’s so much poor service across our industry. So we decided to invest and put our money where our mouth is. We’re so happy to hear that our Easy Living team were able to provide such a fantastic experience. We are proud of the fact that we’re Australia’s largest home elevator company that’s still privately owned and still holds onto traditional values. We are also proud of the fact we have the highest percentage of direct employees who have been with us for 10+ years, it all adds up to better, longer lasting relationships. Your comments will be passed on to our Easy Living team, we know they will be thrilled to hear your remarks and that you were so happy with the service and the final result! We'd like to thank you again for your wonderful feedback. Here’s to many happy years with your new elevator! Kind regards, Customer Care Team @ Easy Living Home Elevators