Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner

Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner

See the Best Oven & Cooktop Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SandraPerth, WA

Brilliant! (Read the label)

All the people complaining and giving this 1* reviews are idiots who dont follow the instructions which are CLEARLY labelled on the side of the can

You cant give a product 1* simple because youre too stupid to follow the instructions

All the people saying they have gotten burned etc... obviously havent followed instructions!

Idiots!

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $3.00.

Easy-off Bam / Burn

First time using this product and being a male not reading the warning label on the side of the can.
I thought i would help my wife out by cleaning the oven with easy-off bam (What a big mistake)
As a result of using this product I have burnt my hands and the skin on my hands is feeling so tight and the burns are all blastering so I am now going to hospital to see what they say..
I believe the warning label/sign's should be on the front of the can in big letters and a bright colour.
Easy off bam
No no no no. It should be named
Easy off burn

This product should not be sold with out the warning label being front and centre of the can

Purchased in November 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $8.00.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

High risk of chemical burn

I used the easy off bam oven cleaner and it got on my forearm and gave me my first chemical burn... I'm hoping it doesn't scar - but some feedback - the small corrosive logo needs to be more obvious and more importantly: the dynamics and mechanics of cleaning an oven require your full arm to be inside to thoroughly clean it... so unless your entire arm is protected these burns are so easy to occur. Either warn consumers better or use less corrosive ingredients for an oven cleaner.

JemstarNSW,Australia

Great cleaner but be careful

I use this cleaner because the previous one that I use to use I would leave it on for ages and it still did not remove the baked on grease.
So I decided to try the easy off cleaner and I only have a small oven but it only takes 30 minutes and most of the baked on grease has been dissolved and easily wiped away. But you have to be careful with this cleaner because it is very strong and you need to wear protective gloves and also this may be too strong for some ovens, so be careful not to leave it on too long but otherwise I recommend this product if you hate cleaning ovens and want it done quick and easy.

Purchased in October 2019.

Franz Kafka

Franz Kafka

Effective

This is a serious oven cleaner. I had tried nice-wicey options of bicarb or bbq cleaner but if you are like me and only think about cleaning ovens when they get too smokey or smelly then you will need something caustic like this.

It is a shame people have hurt themselves with this but if you *read and follow* the directions you will be fine. Full length rubber gloves, eye goggles (glasses are better than nothing, but spray can get around the sides - I recommend full nerd style lab goggles) and long sleeves you don't care about.

I'd give it 5 stars if they improved the nozzle - it works but is a bit lame not to provide a better delivery system.

Purchased in September 2019.

Pino

Pino

Runs out of gas when still half full

Works well, except you only get to use half a can as it runs out of gas, therefore not financially viable.
I will be trying a different brand in future as I am not happy to pay for a full can of product to only be able to use half of it.
Therefore doesn’t deserve more than 1 star

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Crystal

CrystalSydney, NSW

Ok Product

Very strong chemical smell when first sprayed on. Grease turns into a thick sludge that you can just wipe away without any effort. Needed a bit more elbow grease for the bottom on the oven but expected that as it always is the hardest part to clean

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Craig G.

Craig G.South East Queensland, QLD

Only good for half a can

The grime turns into a sludge that can be wiped off easy enough but the 325 gram can is only good for about 170 grams, after that nothing but air comes out. I see other similar reviews so keep this on mind when looking at the price.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths.

Strong chemical product but works like MAGIC

If you want a convenient product that you literally spray on, wait 30 mins, then wipe off, then this is for you. I looked up the competitor product but I cannot be bothered with putting racks in soaking bags; leaving for 8 hours etc. This product is fast and easy. Takes 30 mins! When wiping off, my cleaning cloths were BLACK -I had no idea my oven was that dirty! Warning: WEAR RUBBER GLOVES. Follow the instructions. It is a strong chemical. I wish I had known not to breathe in when spraying, please hold your breath. If can gets clogged, pull white plastic nozzle bit off and run under hot water.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles.

Scally

ScallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sceptical at first

When I first bought this product I thought it was rubbish and wouldn’t work well and was proven right, however I tried the product again and decided to spray the product all over the inside of my oven, closed the door and left it there for over 10 hours and all that grease and grime wiped away with paper towelling and now I swear by this product.

Purchased in November 2017.

aleisha

aleishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I sustained third degree burns

please be careful with this product. I sustained full thickness burns whilst cleaning my oven. ending in the burn needing to be cut out. I'm now left with a horrible scar.

Purchased in May 2019.

AMC2137

AMC2137Sydney, NSW

This product is fantastic!

I sprayed this on my oven this morning at 10am & then I wiped out the foam tonight at 6:30pm with no scrubbing! I definitely recommend this product!! The button gets stuck so you do have to rinse it. I couldn’t be happier with the result! It took me 30minutes in total & I did it on a knee scooter!!

Purchased in June 2019 for $3.03.

Ann Stanley

Ann StanleySouth East Queensland, QLD

I am not happy with this product

I have brought 2 cans of easy-off oven cleaner and when I am half through I cannot get it to the bottom of the can and it is still half full

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Kedron.

AndyM

AndyMBrisbane

Sort of works but..

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for $2.85.

ChelsM

ChelsMBrisbane

Totally worth the chemical burns!

Sure, my skin is a little eroded here and there from not washing my hands quickly enough, but my oven sure is clean!

Xtofer

XtoferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This..

...product will effortlessly dissolve 10+ years of oven build-up, I’m talking about layers upon layers of rock hard black charred carbon crud. You can either use angle grinder or 30min n’ wipe. I don’t even write reviews, but I have to express my deep satisfaction for this product.

John B

John B

Customer Service Complaint

Bought Easy - off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner from Woolworth it would not spray properly, just a fine jet, then with still a quarter of a can left it wouldn't spray at all.
Terrible product I will not be wasting my time or money on this product again.
The company that sell the product, Reckit Benkiser do not even have an email address to get in touch with them only a toll free number.
Woolworth should consider removing this product from their stores, I will be getting in touch with woolworth about this matter.

Mikayla M

Mikayla MBallarat

Was so surprised at the results - absolutely fantastic!

There is almost no household job that I hate and postpone more - cleaning the dreaded oven. I bought this oven cleaner as it was the cheapest in store and sounded quite simple to use. I was absolutely blown away with how well our oven came up afterwards and how it really is so simple to use. The smell, whilst not the most pleasant in the world, was not particularly strong and went away after 24 hours and was fine for use. Absolutely awesome product - will definitely be using this every time I clean the oven, which will be more frequently now that I know it can be done so simply!

It's a chemical killer

Do not ever use this product. Yes, it may clean the oven but is it worth a chemical burn to your skin which spreads vigorously. I have severely chemically burnt my arm. Had to be rushed to the hospital, only to find that I needed a skin graft. What an ordeal. It has ruined my beautiful skin and will be a massive scar for life!!! The product should be taken off the shelf!!! Do not use it. I repeat do not use it!

The can should be inverted

I regularly use this product and I see some people have negative reviews about the nozzle blocking. Perhaps these people should read the instructions more carefully where it states that you must invert the can whilst still spraying when you have finished to unblock the nozzle. The only problem is getting to the nooks and crannies in the oven when the can is not 100% full. Perhaps a simple design change by inverting the can would eliminate this??