Listing monitored by Easy Street

4.3
Tess
TessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unbeatable service

Jeanette offered me the absolute best service I have ever received when dealing with a financial institution. I needed to top up my mortgage & Jeanette was pro active, calling me to let me know what documentation was required and step by step letting me know where the process was at. Always polite, friendly & so professional, she is an asset & I would highly recommend Easy Street Financial Services based on my experience.

Hi Tess,

We are glad to be of any help. Thank you so much for the review.

Penny R
Penny RHunter Region, NSW

Easy As

Easy online application, just send through necessary documentation
Great staff to deal with.
Simon was my lending specialist, he was very professional, friendly and prompt in returning calls and email enquiries
Highly recommend them

Hi Penny,

Awesome!!! Thank you very much for the review

Other Home Loans

Fantastic, 2021 has started with a big thumbs up.

Community First Credit Union was very professional throughout the whole process, their staff was friendly and honest from start to finish. I cannot thank them enough for their assistance. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Awesome! Thank you

Sally Banjo
Sally BanjoHunter Region, NSW

Dealing with Simon

The actual communication I had with Simon was good. He was helpful, honest and articulated well. However, trying to get through to a Community First Credit Union representative was pretty annoying.

Application Process

Thank you!

Lauren H.
Lauren H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outrageous ineptitude

After THREE MONTHS of jumping through their hoops, being told we had conditional approval and completing discharge papers, they tell us they don't have enough money to lend to us for our extension. Our builder is our of pocket because he's been waiting so long, we are out of pocket because we will miss out on the grant and we are devastated that our build will not go ahead this year. Unforgiveable behaviour and ridiculously bad business planning. Avoid.

Hi Lauren

We don’t like disappointing people and apologise that the process wasn’t a smooth one. We understand our team have since reached out to you with a response and proposed solution.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ron
Ron

Poor business model and service

We applied for a home loan and multiple accounts through Easy Street. After six weeks of paper work and taking time off work to complete their checks, they've now come back saying they're over-subscribed and can't offer a home loan. What an inept business model that this can't be foreseen. Lack of feedback and a very poor online experience too. They're not worthy of your money.

AndyMelbourne
AndyMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Timewasters

Easy Street advertised a rate of 1.95% variable and had many applicants.
For some bizarre reason they were unprepared for this.
I went through the painful process of going through the whole application and getting approval, only for them to withdraw their offer at the 11th hour because it was so oversubscribed.
I've refinanced with ubank and loans.com.au in the past and the process was far more professional and streamlined than dealing with this lot.
The loan consultants I dealt with were actually lovely, but their management team leave a lot to be desired.
Never again easy street!

John C.
John C.Sydney, NSW

Time wasters

I went through the entire process of verification including getting my home valued and after 3 weeks got told that my loan was not going to be approved even though my financials are all good

Other Home Loans

Way-surpassed my expectations quite frankly

Team Customer ExperienceEasy Street

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to know you had a great experience with your mortgage application with us. Totally agree about Jeanette, she is a gem.

Guy D.
Guy D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy to deal with

I selected Easy Street primarily because of their low interest rate. However I was surprised by how good and friendly their customer service was (compared to the big banks). Jeanette, was lovely to deal with and I would recommend Easy Street to my friends

Application Process

Hi Guy

Thank you for your review.

Jamie A.
Jamie A.Hunter Region, NSW

Fantastically Great Customer Service and Product

Applying for a Green loan, Tulli was extremely helpful, able to explain the process and was bubbly, energetic and fun to talk to. Everything about the process and how the loan works was covered and went to plan on execution. Very easy to deal with. Rates are very competitive and no early payout fees :)

Thanks Jamie

Catherine R
Catherine RSydney, NSW

Great service and value product

I am so happy with my refinancing of investment and home loans. Great rates, redraw and offset and the bonus of a great lender to support me through the process.

Team Customer ExperienceEasy Street

Awesome! Thank you Catherine!

John Grivas
John GrivasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

EasyStreet: A great home loan with the features I wanted for a great rate

Advertised was a great rate home loan with all the features I wanted (redraw, 100% offset). The application process was smooth and easy. And Narelle, my home loan customer service specialist, as well as other staff made the application the simplest I have experienced to date. The website and phone apps are sufficient for my mortgage needs..

Hi John,

Thank you for your review.

Frank A.
Frank A.Sydney, NSW

$700 fee to discharge your loan

I recently refinanced from Easy Street to another bank. I asked over the phone if there would be any fee on top of the $300 discharge fee my loan to refinance. I was told there wouldn't be. On refinancing they charged me $400 for their solicitor on top of the $300. Deceptive and unprofessional to not advise me of this fee - and it is also an excessive fee that is more like a penalty rather than genuine cost recovery.

Avoid this lender.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback. We will escalate your feedback and have someone to look into it.

ZMT
ZMTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with Easy Street

Like the other person who commented, Easy Street may be good for those who have a variable interest rate home loan, however, they are not so good when it comes to fixed rate home loans, so beware.
We will not be refinancing with Easy Street. A huge break cost amount to pay.
Tried talking to them. Got nowhere.

Read more reviews - page 2

Caitlin
Caitlinasked

Hi,

Is there a guarantee easy streets interest rates stay consistently low? Is there a way I can view the history?

Jim
Jimasked

HI we are extremely interested in your refinancing home loan
We tried applying online but found an obstacle regarding finance institution and it froze .
how can we proceed from here..?
1.Do your home loans & offset account work on internet platform and if so how is the security for such.?
2.Do you offer mortgage insurance ?
3. Can you please provide details where you have passed RBA rate cuts on Dates and %?
4. How long does your process usually take from application to approval and operation.?
Thanx James

Hi Jim

Sorry for the delay as we didn't receive any notification on your Q&A

To answer your questions;

1. Do your home loans & offset account work on internet platform and if so how is the security for such.?
If we understood you correctly, you were asking about Internet banking. We could build the offset and transaction account upon application of the loan. They are both have access to internet banking. We also have an App, which allows you to use with ease on devices to access these account conveniently.

Members can view and transact on their home loan and offset account via our internet banking platform. You can read about our internet banking security measures here: https://www.easystreet.com.au/security

2. Do you offer mortgage insurance?
Assuming you are referring to Lenders' Mortgage Insurance, we have a partner, QBE, that issue LMIs.
We offer Lenders’ Mortgage Insurance via QBE which protects the lender if your home is sold and there is a shortfall in the sale price of the property and the amount owing on the loan. This applies to loans where you need to borrow more than 80% of the property value. We do not currently offer loan protection insurance.

The rate changes that have occurred over the last couple of years will differ by product, not all products have had their price changed in an identical way and there are various reasons for this.

Rate changes at Easy Street can happen at any time. Sometimes this happens not long after an RBA rate change, other times it is independent of the RBA. For example, last November, we reduced our fixed home loan rates by up to 0.30%p.a. independently of the RBA rate movements.

To be clear, the cash rate set by the RBA is the official rate banks charge each other for overnight borrowings to balance their books.

As the credit union is primarily funded by Members’ deposits, any movement’s in the official cash rate does not have the same effect on Easy Street as it would a major Bank which relies much more heavily on external borrowings to fund its Balance Sheet and needs to make bigger profits to pay external shareholders. The RBA cash rate, therefore, isn’t an accurate reflection of our cost of funds and is not the sole determinant of our product pricing.

This often varies since every application is unique and home loans, for instance, will take longer than credit cards. It can also depend on how quickly you get information back to us and how accurate your application information is. Which type of product are you referring to so we can give you a better estimate?

Emmaline S.
Emmaline S.asked

Do you offer 95% home loan with no family guarantee? We are first home buyers looking to buy in regional Victoria.

Thanks.
Emma

Hi Emmaline

Yes, we do. Mortgage insurance can be added to the loan as long as the loan to value ratio does not exceed 98% of the property value.

To stay within this range, you may need to increase your deposit or consider paying some of the mortgage insurance upfront.

We'd be happy to talk you through your options.

Get an answer from our members and Easy Street representatives