EB Games

Stupidest retail experience of my entire life

This store has a habit of enticing customers in to buy its products with deals and rewards, on multiple occasions when the reward was wanted it has not been there, and in this case it was unwanted and let to the product apparently being un-purchasable at that store even though it was on the shelf and still being advertised in store.

I was standing at the register product in-hand when the casheer (who was as helpful as they could be) said there was a deal but it was out of stock but she needed help from manager because reward was unavailable and the other items would need to be picked up when it came in (which was fine). They returned 15 mins later and began to ring other stores , I was then suddenly told I would need to travel to another suberb to make the purchase.., product and cash in hand at the register, for the sake of a reward that had not been allocated to the products still on the shelf and being advertised in that store. I ended up walking out empty handed as we did not have the time to go to other suberbs to shop at their other stores.

and this EB is how you lose a $470 sale from a smiling customer standing at the checkout ready to pay for your product.

Rubbish fixed postage at $15 for a single Nintendo da game with no case?

I paid $15 postage just to get it sent to me. Used to be $5 for 3+ games a week ago. Greedy or just loosing business that bad that it resorts to this eBay like tactic. Rubbish.

Heartbroken

I am appalled with the attitude. I was once a regular customer every fortnight . in Melbourne Central store I would buy IMVU prepaid cards. Being a creator with IMVU they knew it was important to have a prepaid card and they said they would never be out of stock. Now I find there are no more cards and they say they will not be restocking them again. There is no excuse and also they are lying to the public to mis advertising as it is advertised that the IMVU prepaid cards are in stock. Whatever happened to the happy attitude they once had. They even encourage creativity. I guess they don't. Really disappointed

amazing service

I went into the store at Westfield Penrith plaza I was served by a man whose name was Nathan. I was looking at getting a gaming keyboard and headset. Nathan gave me his best advice and helped me get the right product that would be best for me. For a kid who is 11, he treated me like an adult which was great. best service ever.

Not happy RIP offs

My son and I went instore at the Northgate store in hobart to buy some psn credit for his ps4 to buy something online for his 10th bday we gave the guy who's the manager [name removed] a $50 note asked for $50 ps4 credit he gave me a print out receipt when I got home we put in the number on the ps4 store only to relise there was only $20 went into the store next morning as it was closed when we realised this only to be told that the till wasn't out by $30 and there were no cameras to prove it long story short had to fight for it back finely get it back from the area manger and my 10 yr old son and I are both band from the glenorchy store what a joke these people are not to mention we have been loyal customers for 7 yrs and the manger of the store knowing us well but apparently that doesn't mean crap I think he ripped us off to cover his own ass that day and now doesn't want to face us coward.

Refused a sale to a child because he had coins/change to pay for a game.

To whom it may concern, I am absolutely disgusted by the customer service I had today from EB games Browns plain village square. My 8year son had saved up all his pocket money to purchase a game today which the staff refused his money as it was in coins.
I am absolutely appalled by this and my son is devastated in which I then had to purchase the game on card.
I would like to see the policy where EB games cannot take Australian currency in coins.
I will be taking this further and making many reviews online.

Amazing service, never had a problem.

I enjoy going into the store even without buying anything as the service and the chat is great. highly recommend the Weatherill park store for their great attention to detail

Reboot controller repair RIPOFF

I sent in my son's ps4 controller to have the charger port repaired. 3 week wait! Once home there were new issues with the buttons getting stuck. So another 3 week wait and they say there isn't an issue and they have tested the product to be in good working order. Get home and same issue. 6 weeks I waited and still no controller that works. Very annoyed customer. I Got a refund, never using there repair service again!

Waste of money - Ripped off

Hesitantly purchased a RIG headset, but reassured by the sales assistant that I couldn't go wrong as it's a good brand and comes with a 1 year warranty. The jack broke off within 3 months. Took it back to EB. They said there was "no sign of physical damage", but still refused to replace or refund, even though there is 9 months left on the warranty. Apparently they've changed their "refund policy" recently and completely fobbed me off. Their "warranty" isn't worth the paper it's written on. Have spent thousands of dollars at EB in the past. Will never spend another cent. Feeling very ripped off.

Misleading delivery information on website

The only reason I ordered an item for my Son was a 2 day delivery window if I paid the cost additional for Express Post. This is false and very misleading information.
I placed and paid for the order in full all within a few mins only to find out that the order processing takes between 48-72 hours before the item can even be sent to warehouse for dispatch.
Very poor service and wont be back

Beware refurbished EB consoles

Let me set the scene - 6 tweens over for a birthday, one present being a refurb PS4 from EB Games and all the kids get super excited seeing the PS4 unwrapped and all get ready to play the latest accompanying game. Girls arrange a game to work out who is playing whom and in what order. They get a small white board and write their names in order and all get ready sitting round the tv as I set up the PS4...

...except...this PS4 won’t turn on or display....try different cables, different ports, different TV...nothing. We finally get it to turn on but then nothing in the screen at all. It won’t go to boot screen...try diff hdmi cables/ports...nothing.

Apparently these refurbs are all Tested and verified ? Yeah right...one charging cable has wires openly exposed and won’t recharge the controller and it looks like the graphics card is completely stuffed in this unit - so it was clearly never ever tested as advertised. In fact, this refurb unit looks like it spent its 1st life inside a washing machine, that’s how marked up it is. I can’t convey how disappointed the party of young girls were...I just can’t come close to even explaining.
Pity whom ever it is I confront on Monday at the local store.

****update. Console replaced with upgrade thanks to EB Glenorchy.

Not impressed with service

Messed around with faulty product for months only to be told no refund without me posting it to Queensland. As it was an afterpay purchase I would have to spend refund immediately in store. I resent having to buy unwanted items to get my money back. No store credit, no afterpay refund for weeks??
I'll be taking my business else where from now on.

Be smart. Check everything. Don’t rush. Be patient. Check facts. Don’t be made a fool of.

I’m not at all impressed with eb. I like video games and am only recently upgraded to ps3 now I have almost all the Ps2 titles I wanted. The bulk of my games I got for $5Nz at op shops. I advise you buy a ps3 12gb for $88 at eb. buy a caddy from maybe amazon, use a HD from home and swap your games at op shops. The staff are not bad peoples but they would be better off staying at home and getting a job that is not at the bottom of the food chain. eb games is not the droid you are looking for. I went here for an update in knowledge but was not helped at all. I wish you all to live long and prosper but be advised that this company is you enemy- not your friend.

stock

Why have so many systems in place yet no system in place to help the customer? I personally prefer to go in store as i'm on good terms with most of the staff there how ever there is always the time you need to go online thanks to an out of date set of systems. trying to buy an older title that's a bit on the harder side to fine these days so i don't expect it to be sitting front and centre at my local store but why not have a system in place where if the game is in stock on your website i can pay cash in a store, have the game shipped to said store where i pick it up from said store. I know they have the web in store witch does exactly that however, this system is not linked in with the online stores inventory instead has its own inventory that as far as i know not view able to the customer. there is also an internal system used to ship stock between stores to help keep an even distribution of stock, that's reasonable but why not let the customer piggy back off this system to get a title that's in Perth shipped to a store in Brisbane, i know personally its not feasible for me to drive/fly 2,000km just so i can do a click and collect order at the other end of the country. What i'm trying to say is implement a system just like you have 15 years ago where the CUSTOMER can have a product shipped from one store to the other. weather that's by going into a store giving cash and having an alert sent to the other store saying ship xyz to abc or by allowing the customer to buy the product online even if the warehouse is out of stock having an alert sent to a store with said stock saying ship xyz to customers address. I have seen people in store buy items through click and collect so they can use afterpay, the alert for there order comes through in under 2 minutes possible under 1. you have all the systems in place yet you don't let the customer have advantage of it. instead you make them go through the online order process to find in the 5 minutes it takes to complete someone have brought the last copy in the warehouse forcing us to sit there looking at 1 copy 2,000km away and a 2nd 2,300km away with 0 means of purchasing the product.

If your over 30 the staff do not see you

If your over 30 the staff do not see you iam just 33. Most of the sales staff are under 25
I noticed the game prices are up and down and speaking of games when you trade games in you get peanuts so be warned. Some game prices are cheaper elsewhere
My advice if you’re buying a new console IE PS4 XBOX1 etc sometimes there is a game but if the game is not to your liking trade the game back and put towards a game that you will like. Just ask it worked for me and most stores will price match with JB etc. .

The Katoomba store is small but has fantastic staff!

A small shop, but one with great staff who know their products, actively play games, have real personalities (not just mimicking the prescribed spiel) and are actually a lot of fun to have a chat to. They have also made me aware of games that they knew I would like but I had not even heard of. I see a lot of negative feedback about EB Games, but note that most of it seems to be about their online stores. I won't deal with the online store, and why would I when it competes with (and threatens) a great shopfront store?

Bought a second hand game online, was delivered a few days later, no muss, no fuss. Postal service on the other hand was a little bit on the slow side. Will definitely buy again from the online shop.

Your Fired

Epic sale my a%$#,No stock available but they will try and take a deposit only to demand full price when it arrives.Trade in prices border on criminal which could also describe the sullen staff.No longer a customer.

Paid express. Never recieved order.

I ordered a chair from the online store that was sent to my postal area then resent back to the warehouse to be sent yet again to me. I wasnt notified of any of this till i waited 43minutes on hold to find out that the australia post wasnt able to send me the item to begin with and a new delivery service had to be used. Instead of sending me out a new chair, the original was sent back to be resent via startrek which also never came. Paid for express which was useless. I ended up cancelling my order. First and last time i try eb games online. Great customer service tho.

HTC VIVE

Purchased a HTC Vive set for $970. It is awsome experience, i was treated with respect and was assisted perfectly by the staff. I have no hesitate recommending EB Games and the vive set to anyone with an interest in technology. It is also heaps of fun!