Gameology

Very fast delivery service

They gave me all support since the beginning of the order. Was a really fast delivery with all details provided. I recommend this shop because they have good prices and service.

Gameology sells counterfeit games

They are selling counterfeit games under different usernames on ebay, no wonder they can discount games by so much. I received a fake game on ebay with return post to gameology. Very dodgy practice

Edit: added photos of the fake game, the real version is supposed to have a curved spine on the book where the fake one sent is square. Plus added photo of senders address

Hi real_review, Sorry to hear your experience on ebay, and it is a serious claim against our brand. We believe there must be some mistakes or misunderstanding involved, can you please contact us with more information, which we can get our management team to investigate this further for you.It is very serious and you have been caught out ! You are selling under different seller names on ebay changing from Gameology to Alpine games as well as other user names such as jackenright_111 the counterfeit games sent have the return address name gameology and your address. Not very smart guysHi real_review, Though it sits in the same suburb as ours, we will investigate with Australia Post about this issue. And we appreciate the information you provided. Can you also confirm what date did you receive this order?

Beware Price Match Policy!!!

I have bought several hundred dollars worth of board games from Gameology. As a local store, I thought I would use them and asked if they could price match another game store interstate. The items at the other store were on sale, but not clearance or anything like that. They met ALL the criteria listed in Gameology's price match policy. I e-mailed Gameology and they said they would get back to me after I listed the games and the prices and the store as requested. After waiting nearly 24 hours, they said they could not price match and when I went back to the original store, half the items were suddenly Out of Stock and another item had its price increased.

Take it as you please, but it was very suspicious and dodgy. So please be careful with them - I would AVOID any price match request. Just get the item from another store if you see it cheaper. Unfortunately from this experience they have lost my patronage.

All-Round best gaming store

Reading a few reviews here and my experience has been one to rave on about.
Ordered a few games on a Thursday night and arrived here Monday morning in Brisbane - all nicely packaged.
Customer service and contacting them was a breeze via the live chat - all queries were answered promptly.
They have a huge range - bigger than most other stores and website is super clean and simple to navigate through.
Their shipping policy can be a bit annoying when ordering small value items however, $10 flat rate for big orders makes up for it.

Phone service is terrible

I am trying to get my problem solved, the line is terrible and the person is overseas, they couldn't understand me, i asked if i could speak to someone in Australia, and he called me a racist.

December 30th 2018 Update: Said they would post my replacement goods but 3 weeks later nothing sent

I understand i live in a country town and postage takes a long time, i got sent a game with incorrect insides, after poor phone customer service and then good service thru the facebook with a follow up phone call, i waited a few days and then i was told they will send out a replacement, the manager cancelled the shipment due to quality control, so 3 weeks later he didn't get anything sent, and I started following up on facebook again, he said he wont sent it till late next week, and even with express post it will take another 4-6 days. it would have been faster for me to hitch hike to the other side of the country and back again. i feel like there is something else happening.

Was very frustrating but have been refunded and given a copy

Update: I was given a complementary copy and an apology.

Update: I have been given a full refund.

I had pre ordered Vampire the Masquerade v5. It came up as posted not long after purchase but a few weeks later there was nothing. I got in touch and was told it wasnt going to be released for a month. I waited and was startled to see it for retail sale in normal game shops. I contacted them again to be told first it wasn't released then later it was to be posted Friday and the shipment was on its way. I was then told ot want released yet and was pushed back to January, despite seeing it there in shops. Then no communication at all. Appallingly hard to.get a straight answer even on the phone.

Shocking company

Please be aware
*caution* you have been warned!!!
Would have to be one of the worst game stores there is I spent over $200 dollars here online and never received my order called and explained my situation and what they said was because I have, leave in a safe place on my posting.
They couldn’t help or refund my money.

Which is not good enough when my tracking Says it’s still in Melbourne at the shop.

So please check out Cherry Collectabls mightyaps much best shop and the best customer service also offer cheaper prices.

Great price and prompt delivery

A great online experience. Goods were in stock and delivered promptly and without damage. Item was as described on the website. Would definitely buy from Gameology again.

Misrepresent the product. Do not use

I ordered a game, but it ended up being an addition to the game, that requires the game in the first place. I don't have the original, that's what I wanted. I contacted them asap and they refused to swap it out without me paying the postage and another $10 handing! for a $40 item. Basically it would cost me $20 to return a $40 item. The description did not say I needed the original game first to make the one they advertised useful at all. They really dislike customers and will fight you all day.

Great service, speed and prices

This is our favourite board game store, the prices are always the cheapest and the service is also really good. We haven't had an issue with them and have purchased over 20 games to date. Highly recommend.

Solid TCG online sales company

I purchased some Magic the Gathering and pokemon products from Gameology.

There was a small problem with them not having stock of certain items, but they were quick to communicate the lack of stock and offer replacements or a refund.

They have a good selection of items and delivery and payment went smooth with no issues

Recommended.

not the best

I have shopped with Gameology a few times and they have been good in the past but recently ordered for pick up by mistake and arranged for shipping with a $10 charge on top of my $90 order. A week later after I asked they realised it had not been sent. Poor stuff hope they improve.

Solid Service throughout Multiple Purchases

I've placed around 4 orders through Gameology. Each order consisted of multiple games to save on postage, which is $10 flat rate (pretty good when you're ordering big/ multiple games). None of the games I've purchased have later turned out to have been 'out of stock' (as experienced elsewhere) and everything has arrived in perfect condition and fairly promptly.

If you're using board game shopper to compare prices, you'll find Gameology to usually be very competitive, if not the best around for a lot of games (though not all).

I used to subscribe to their newsletters, but they tend to do updates mostly about LCGs (living card games) and things I'm not interested in. They're also quite frequent.

Good prices, fast shipping.

Bought two games in two separate transactions during the past month.
Happy with the service so far (fast shipping). Prices were good, shipping costs are on the low side of the spectrum which is great.
The only nitpick is the extra $5 you might miss out on which is a promotion that sometimes shows on their website as a spinning roulette.
Will definitely check their offerings and prices in the future.

Great prices, lightning fast shipping, excellent communication

I like to support my local store but if I'm ordering online I will definitely come to Gameology first stop. Good web site, unbeatable prices, a decent range and they shipped my orders extremely quickly. Good communication, tracking numbers, updates via email or Facebook. The website has a weird feature of handing out discount coupons at random, which I suppose is a bonus, but you feel a bit cheated when you miss out. In any case I'll be back.

Buyer Beware

I don't know what to say about these guys really. It is difficult as they offer some fantastic prices, which easily beat board game stores in the CBD. I've had a couple of good experiences but been thoroughly shocked by my latest dealing. I recently placed an order for over $1000 worth of games. Here were/are the problems...

1. The order was sent quite quickly in a huge box... 8 items (over $200 worth) were not present in the order.

2. The box itself was just the board games thrown in, bearing in mind there were about 20 items, there was loads of space in the box and one laughably small piece of bubble wrap. The items had all bashed into each other during transit causing noticeable damage on a number of the games and a lack of care.

3. Contacted customer service, they didn't do anything about the damage, but they managed to find and send just 3 of the 8 missing items, claiming the others would be sent in 1 or 2 weeks.

4. Tried to get the invoice for the order, I was told it would get sent the next day.

5. Had to contact 5 more times over 10 days before I finally got the invoice.

6. 3 weeks after the order, I am still missing 5 of the items and they have told me no exact date for when I am likely to get them.

So I've wasted a HUGE amount of time chasing this order, only to have a pile of somewhat damaged games with 5 of them still missing and every contact with customer service does nothing to help, just 'I'm sorry, I don't know when this will arrive, I will email you with an update' I haven't once received an email explaining anything.

I won't be buying with them again, yes they have good prices, but is it worth rolling the dice?

Amazing customer service!

I wanted to buy 2 games, but ensure they had stock after being mucked around by Games Paradise and didn't want to wait too long to receive the games and disappoint my grandson again. I chatted online with Jenny at Gameology who confirmed lots of stock of 1 game but only 1 copy of the other was left. Jenny gave me her email address and asked me to email her the order number once I had placed the order. I did this yesterday and the order was shipped today. Amazing customer service! I will shop there again and highly recommend them.

Fast delivery, good prices and great communication

I've made three board game orders from Gameology in the past month, and all of them have arrived in excellent time, in great condition, and at excellent prices for the Australian market. The staff were very communicative and friendly, and answered all questions I asked of them swiftly.

A couple of the items I wanted were out of stock, so I dropped them an email. They gave me an estimate of when they'd have them in. When the items did arrive in their store (only a week or so later), they sent me an update letting me know.

I recommend them happily, and will be using their store in the future!