Online store, Physical store

Slow delivery and poor customer service

I bought some lego sets online. Estimated delivery time 4-6 days (to Sydney, Australia).
After 1 week it hadn’t left the warehouse. Overall took 9 business days to arrive. Very difficult to contact the store (they don’t answer phones and the email responses seem generic). The product itself I cannot fault, but be aware if you are ordering from ToysRUs it will take longer to arrive than advertised.

Karl T.

Karl T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting service

I ordered an in stock item and paid priority delivery for product.
Priority delivery was estimated at 1-3 business days.
One week later and item still had not left warehouse.
Couldn’t get through on phone so emailed them numerous times throughout the week and finally after waiting a week for dispatch alone I requested cancellation of the order only to be sent an email confirming my tracking number and that it had now Miraculously been dispatched.
24 hours later and still have no tracking information let alone eta for delivery.
Absolutely no care for customer satisfaction.
Stay away use toy mate instead. Fast efficient reliable and they price match. Aaaargh.

Alison

Alison

Very disappointed

Wish I had read these review before I purchased. I ordered a very expensive lego set with the plan to keep it in pristine condition brand new in box. It arrived with the box knocked about and they refuse to resend and offer me a 5% discount. Seriously what a joke. I will say that they were responsive when I made a complaint. They just refuse to really provide customer service

sidesw1pe

sidesw1peAU

Slow dispatch process

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Service!

Toys R Us do not respond to you, they don't answer their phones and orders don't come. I paid for express shipping and I still after nearly 2 weeks have not received my order. I am absolutely ropeable with their service. You really need to help your customers more and answer queries and calls.

Kellyeanne A.South East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service!

After more than 2 weeks, no numbers that allow verbal contact and one generic email after many emails sent, my package has not even been sent, I understand delivery may take time but no confirming response and no tracking available is just appalling! NEVER AGAIN!!!! (this was a present for best friend's newborn, baby now born and no delivery, feeling very let down)

Kellyeanne A.

I contacted Toys R Us CEO via email, quick to respond, courteous and assured me he would look into the online service and poor customer service. Hopefully prompt action is taken to rectify the issues at hand.

Ad

STAY AWAY!!!! And hobbywarehouse too!!!

Jax S.

Jax S.Victoria

No service

Great range, great prices, non existent service impossible to navigate their payment security.
Product isn’t delivered after numerous emails.
Slow to reply. 2 weeks from purchase date, nothing happening and a refund will come next week. Not my Choice for the refund, I want the products.

Terrible company no customer service

I paid for express delivery for my daughters birthday present it didn’t arrive for 2 weeks and I emailed twice with no reply asking where it was. Would not recommend and will never purchase from here again.

tony w.

tony w.

bad customer service

very bad customer service, they change the order before contact you. also make difficult to return.
long story short, I order toys from them, they change the order later without any notice.

Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Illegally referred to manufacturer, against consumer law in Australia.

Toy didn’t work out of box.
Repeatedly referred me to manufacturer regarding fault with toy. This is illegal under consumer law in Australia.
Emails gave me the run around.
Got sick of it and escalated to Paypal.
Have now read other reviews that sound similar.
Wouldn’t use or recommend this company.

kilatsenja

kilatsenjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service is as bad as it could get!

Tony

TonyMelbourne

Terrible service

Stacey H.

Stacey H.Perth, WA

Shut them down

Ordered a product that was in stock and requested & paid more for express post. Had the money taken, rec’d an ‘order processed’ email but nothing since. No one answers the phone or responds to emails. Absolutely disgusting and considering their main customers are technically kids they are leaving a trail of disappointment behind when no presents are delivered on time or at all. Wish I’d read these reviews before ordering through them!

Tegan T.

Tegan T.Central Queensland, QLD

Disgusting customer service

Beware of shopping with toys r us online. The customer service is absolutely disgusting. I dealt with Tom who provided false information and lied about receiving emails. I cancelled orders, following Toms advice , the orders were then sent to me and now toys r us won’t cover return post costs. The worst customer service I’ve ver received. Shame on you toys r us!!

Jessica

Jessica

Deplorable service, no toys delivered for Christmas, no response to emails or phone calls.

Nicole

NicoleQueensland

In time for Christmas

I bought a laser tag game online just 4 days before Christmas. Toy was sent fast and arrived just before Christmas. Happy with the Toys R Us and Star Track. Thank you.

umesh s.

umesh s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waist of time & money

Purchase history shows iys already been shipped. Contacted the seller after 1 week pasy in eta, and got informed that they dont have stock

Liz Wilks

Liz Wilks

SO DISAPPOINTING

I am a grandmother who placed an order early on 1 December fully expecting that the goods ordered would be under the tree for my grand daughter at Christmas. Toys R Us deducted the monies from my credit card but other than to say the order has been processed I have received nothing about it being sent. This is very disappointing. At the time of placing the order the goods were in stock. I expected far better from what I previously thought of as a reputable firm. I will never do business with them again!

Shouldn’t be allowed to “trade” at all

Ordered 2 gifts on 8 December both showing as “in stock - ships in 2-4 business days”. Order status changed to processed within 1 day then nothing happened. Received 1 response to a contact form then nothing since. Now lodging a PayPal dispute to try and get my money back. Heartbreaking for my 4yo who wanted 1 specific type of doll pram we could only find there.
They need to be shut down.