OzGameShop

Verified🏆 2024 Award
4.2

2,066 reviews · Statistics

82% · 1,686345 · 17%
Return Claim MadeYes (37) · No (199)
See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2,066 reviews
PhilD
PhilDSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

Almost certainly a scam. avoid

I ordered an LP record back in 2022. No record or refund ever arrived. Communication non-existent. I put it down to experience but still email them occasionally for an update, just for fun Show details
MPH1967
MPH1967Melbourne10 posts

JLP
JLP

Scam- do not use

This is a scam- bank details taken and product did not exist. Show details
Ant
AntVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Legit but slow

To be honest, writing this because I assume most people would assume the business is a scam. Reviews in the last 6-12 months have been 50/50, the website barely works and has conflicting/incorrect information from page to page, prices very nearly too good to be true, and every single email they sent to me got flagged by my spam filter with basically zero communication/updates after my purchase.
However, 4 weeks after my order, I received exactly what I paid for.
(I was already aware they ship from the UK NOT Australia, but I usually don't wait this long for international parcels still).
So in summary, very slow, but you'll get there in the end. Show details
Alistair S
Alistair S

Sold me a fake Windows License Key

Scam Alert. I contacted Microsoft as the OEM Windows License Key sold to me by OzGameShop did not work. Microsoft told me that they was not a valid License Key. I contacted OzGameShop and they have refused to refund me the money.
Dean
DeanNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Not Australian

Ozgames shop is not Australian. They are based in UK. So careful if you buy something for someone's birthday or Christmas as it may not arrive in time as it is a misrepresentation Show details
Greg E.
Greg E.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible, possible scam

I have ordered boardgame expansions, they never arrived. Not sure where is the fault yet, courier or ozgameshop, but based on other reviews most likely I will need to raise the issue as a scam with my bank and reverse payment. Very bad experience, will never ever come close to this website.
Sean
Sean

STOP!!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY!!!

Never sent my record,never answered my email,never even confirmed they got order i paid with PayPal put in a complaint and they refunded me immediately says something doesn't it pay the few bucks more and shop somewhere else
Alison
Alison

NadineH
NadineH2 posts

Stock not in stock beware

Purchased a game for my son in plenty of time for his birthday what a joke “ Unfortunately, due to system issues your order is currently delayed.

We don’t have an eta when this will be dispatched but can assure you the whole team is doing everything they can to ship orders out.“ reached out to PayPal for a refund. Never again. Show details

Tom M.
Tom M.2 posts

Absolute joke. Strongly suggest against using this company

You’re better off paying the extra money to get the game instantly on your console or PC. Should be clearly stated on the website when ordering that items are shipped from the UK. Don’t claim to be an Australian company if you’re not even based on the continent. Item has been pending shipping for a week when it estimated it would arrive in just over a week. Really disappointing
Shaun
Shaun

Pre-ordering means nothing apparently

Pre-ordered a game in February for my daughter's birthday in June. Release date was early May. Now June and still waiting. Paid full price and still not here. The local big chain shop has it for $20 cheaper.

Thinking you're supporting a local run business with Australian stockists? Think again. They represent themselves as being a South Australian company but ship from UK.

No notification or communication from company. Had to chase them to find out if they had even shipped it. Absolutely pathetic service.

Do better! Show details

Pete
Pete

Complete garbage company now

Company has gone down the tubes since the website upgrade last year. Literally no deals anymore and the lack of stock and website interface is shocking. Probably don't want the business anymore?
Riky C.
Riky C.

Change system and now can't see any orders

Beware of these guys.
So I try to see if I have any outstanding orders with the company, but after a system change they tell me they can't tell me anything unless I tell them order numbers, which i now have no access to as they disnt migrate orders. So after asking multiple times about whether any outstanding orders will get processed, they say that if I can't tell them everything missing from when, they can't do anything. Wth?? I mean, all orders make have been completed, but then I may have 10 partially delivered and preorders that we're ordered a year ago. Scammers.
They were an ok supplier till things go wrong. Show details
Alan
Alan

Ozgameshop is a rip off, I been waiting over 8 weeks, for a refund and a delivery. Not happy!!!!!

Haven't received my refund on a game, and still waiting for my other game too come. Bad service never buying on hear again.

cornelis de rooy
cornelis de rooy

i would like to know where our parcel of Marvin the martian with Tasmainia devil has got to as we ordered it on the 17/11/23.
order number is 5941 can you let us know as it is a Christmas present .
thank you Cornelis de Rooy 2 Herbert Court Newcomb Vic .

Neil
Neil

Why were 3 of my items shipped in (flimsy) plastic bags? The items were toys / model kits and their boxes arrived in a battered and damaged state (I can't now use them as gifts). These items should have been packed in sturdy boxes.

Adrian W.
Adrian W.

Where is my order? (897025360610601)
Received order confirmation that item had been dispatched on 6th Dec, stating delivery would happen in 7-10 days. Its now the 29th Dec and no sign of item. No further email updates, no parcel tracking and Australia phone number on website does not work. Live Chat is just auto robot response and no help. There is literally no way to contact you with a query. Had I known no stock was held locally in Australia and that I would be ordering from the UK then I would have ordered elsewhere. Very misleading website. This was supposed to be a Xmas present and was ordered in plenty of time. Xmas has now been and gone and I have a pretty disappointed 9yr old kid. Hang you head in shame you bunch of scammers.

Kylie