4.5 from 1,901 reviews

1,901 reviews

Goran A.

Goran A.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent experience

I dont usually review but have to set the record straight. Wizard of oz is not from australia. I assumed these guys are but thats my mistake. Than these reviews kept my heart unstill for a week. Now that it arrived i can say AAA shop. Great prices, communication and packaging. Also if it doesnt say "tracking provided," guess what...

Jason M.

Jason M.Sydney, NSW

Legitimate business - Dreadful delivery times

The buying experience is perfectly fine, and their service is good, but beware.. especially during the COVID pandemic period. They are based in the UK and your order from these guys can take painfully long to arrive. Mine arrived (in Sydney) 23 days after dispatch. There’s no tracking so it becomes one long guessing game on your parcel‘s whereabouts.
They are a legit online retailer and do offer quality products, but please don’t be in any rush for your delivery. Just sit tight.. and wait... and pray that it’s not lost in transit.

OVERSEAS company posing as Australian

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Misleading website design

Website design suggests that games are shipped locally (there is even a call out on delays regarding AusPost). Would go as far to think that this is done intentionally given they post a local office address (it's also interesting how they don't have google reviews set up for this office as I imagine they would be flooded with complaints of the same nature).
Transparency would go a long way in helping their reputation - it's not appreciated at all.
UK based and shipped via Royal Mail no tracking - still waiting on delivery although dispatched a month ago. Disappointing shopping experience - will not be repeating the same mistake.

Keefy

KeefyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OzGameShop is a Scam

The scam is that they flood review sites with fake good reviews. They use very cheap and non traceable shipping and are actively deceptive about their location so as to get sales they wouldn't have otherwise got.

On principle, and to avoid a frustrating experience do not deal with these bad people.

Ex-customer.

Christopher P.

Christopher P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very efficient shipping

Waste of Time!!!

These guys don't provide any tracking number and I'm still waiting for an item I purchased about 3 weeks ago...I avoided buying it from Amazon thinking this is an Australian seller, so I can get the item quicker. MISTAKE!!! At least Amazon would be rather responsible! Don't understand how this company gets too many good reviews.....

Oshani W.
Oshani W.

Edit- I finally received the package. Still it could have been better if there was any tracking so that I don't have to worry and things are clear from their side... anyways, thank you

long-anh N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is perfect gifts and timing for my daughter's birthday

As for the current locked down situation in melbourne , vic, australia and around the world and mostly all items except foods and drinks are imported from oversea.
I placed my order on 15 aug 2020 and I received them today 04 sept 2020 and I have 7 days to spare before I need it. It is really impressive.
I tested them out and every things working fine as expected.
Please allow plenty of of time for postage and do not wait till the last minute when you need something.

Dan T.

Dan T.Perth, WA

Not actually in Australia

I have waited since June 9th 2020 for a refund on a item I never recieved after paying express post and yet no refund still on September 2nd 2020. I would give 0 stars if it was possible with the customer service I recieved from Alison

GeeEmm

GeeEmmBanora Point

It’s almost laughable now.

I’ve been holding off on leaving this review but I can’t do it anymore. Ordered my item on the 19th of July, said that it would take 7-11 days. Still nothing. Won’t buy from this site ever again.

AKD

AKDPreston

Scammers

Still waiting on headset 3 weeks later. Was told I have to another month wait a month before they can list it as lost in the mail. Completely misleading. Not in Australia. In the UK. You're unable to track anything via the mail as they have no tracking. DON'T DO IT. SHOP AT JB HIFI.

Elzbeth V.

Elzbeth V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not in Australia! Misleading name and website.

I ordered an expensive from this shop thinking it was Australian. The name suggests this and there is an Australian address. No present has arrived. No tracking available either. Avoid!

bob

bob

Sent European region game to Australia

the company is a scam, has Australian address but everything comes from the UK and be careful, they send European region games, do u can't play online. Scammers. Run for the hills

Nicole K.

Nicole K.

Very misleading business

the shipping took atrociously long (even with their COVID leeway window) and I had to purchase the item somewhere else. When I tried to return the item, I found out that their company is actually based in the UK even though their website has an Australian address down the bottom. Now I have to pay half the price of the game just to make a return. Don’t call yourself an Australian business and put an Aus address on your website just to scam customers. (PS JB HIFI will match the price anyway)

Skyelar

SkyelarAU

The worst online retailer I've ever encountered

Find out how OzGameShop compares to other Toys & Game Shops

Shocking communication, UK based, refusal to deal with delivery delays

Ordered an item more than 6 weeks ago, with OzGameShop, apparently an Australian site which specified delivery within 7-15 working days.

Contacted them after a month of non-delivery, only to find out they ship from the UK (a fact that is very poorly specified on their website).

It took a follow up email and six days after their standard auto-reply to get a Trainee to tell me they refuse to follow up any delivery delays until 30 working days from dispatch. It has now been 28 working days from dispatch and I have no confidence that OzGameShop will do anything about my missing item.

Kevin M

Kevin MSydney Surrounds, NSW

My only requirement was to buy local

Wanted a local supplier. To get it quick.
My only requirment was local .
I am a victimof this time wasting misrepresentation. Like most people in oz. Living ten thousand km from the uk . so i looked on goole for australian supplier .
Do you thingk given the true location of most of your stock . Australians would choose to by from the other side of theworld .
Never again!

Juma

JumaBrisbane

Miicrosoft blocked the key I purchased from OzGameShop

Recently upgraded my pc with a new motherboard. On restarting I was advised that I had to re-actived - which failed. Long story short I spoke to Microsoft who advised that the key had been blocked late 2018 due to being 'pirated'. They would not unblock. Contacted OzGameshop and was told that it had worked, wasn't pirated and they could do nothing for me.

Now have to buy another one - guess where I'm NOT going.

Anthony

Anthony

Slow, shady and unempathetic!

Hides behind an OZ storefront: why would they have an Australian address, an Australian looking number and the word OZ in its name otherwise ...

I ordered a couple of games from them, not only did it take more than 2 weeks to receive the first one, it is not supported in Australian Nintendo region (it was my first time ordering from them and I didn't think I needed to check the region of the game).

The second one is still somewhere, untrackable.

The game I ordered went on sale a few days after, and a 10% off discount became available, but they wouldn't retrospectively apply these, which I can understand but the response could have been less cold.

farrsp24South East Queensland, QLD

Oz Game Shop: SHOCKING lack of any service all the way around

Dan R.OzGameShop

Thanks for your feedback. I will report this to the relevant people.