eBay

2.1 from 1,088 reviews

23 questions from our users

can I redo a review

can I redo a review

Hi, I got an unfair negative feedback from one of my buyers last night. He sent me a message and told me the item he got from us is not working and ask refund. I gave him all technical support to fix the problem to make it work, because I know it should work, because I am double checking all my items before dispatch. And I sent him two messages by asking him to return it for refund. the respond I got him was a massage to my inbox with full of bad words and a negative feedback. Then I contact ebay, to told them it is unfair the negative feedback I got and ask their support to remove it, because I thought I didn't do anything wrong to get a negative feedback. Can someone give me some instructions to fix this problem. Thank you
You need to go above the person you spoke to on the phone. If you feel you've been unfairly treated by ebay, sellers or buyers ask to speak to someone from senior management, the call center have no authority to change anything.

Can u buy gel blasters of ebay from overseas sellers without a permit?
you can buy anything you want, but if it is a ‘declared’ item, or something that resembles a firearm, it will be confiscated at the border/port of entry. Talking from experience. AustFedParliament is currently (2018) looking at regs re gelblasters; but even if the Fed allows them in they’re still banned from being brought into Vic.

Has ebay stopped the Auto relist on the site as ine tried to make edits on the listings and within the last few days the box you tick to auto relist ,isnt there???
Hi, ebay do endless updates and have Mc Screwed squillions of sellers shops. For the last 2 years there has been a severe problem where 1/2 of my stock photos are completely deleted, stuff that sold a year ago is now relisted again???- and so far I have found 200 sold items back up for sale???some items are listed twice, some now have 30 days only for the duration instead of auto list, 61 of my items have only x1 photo left- I also have 400 odd items that are just gone and missing in action... f**K knows where they vanished to??? It's fair to say that my ebay days are over. It will take me a good year to fix the mess and this is now the 2nd time it's happened.No idea about this

I’m thinking of buying a couch off eBay can anyone tell me of their experiences please?
I wouldn't although being a buyer you have more rights and protection on Ebay, but I say look else where first. If you have not already purchased it from Ebay.

My email addresses is incorrect. How can I change it?
i do not understand this question :)

I am new to EBay. Does anyone know how to contact them by phone in Australia? I am having problems with a listing and need to speak to someone and can't find any information on the website.
They are hard to reach other than by their chat. Not very handy when you need to send a letter of complaint. But you can try what they sent me: Hello , Thank you for contacting eBay. To serve you in the best possible way, we would like to speak to you on the phone. Here's how to reach us: 1. Click the "Help & Contact" link at the top right of most eBay pages. 2. Click the "Contact eBay" tab and sign in. 3. Select the topic that fits your question or concern. If your issue isn't resolved with the information provided, please click the "Call us" link. You'll see a phone number and a PIN to use. The PIN expires within 15 minutes, so if you're not able to call us within that timeframe, please click the "Call us" link again for a new PIN. If you're deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired, please contact us through an IP relay service. Our representatives are available 5:00 am-10:00 PST pm, 7 days a week. We look forward to helping you. -- Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email. -- Thanks, eBayYou're better off not using ebay, try find another means of buying and selling. If you sell something, and the buyer has an issue. Ebay will not back you up.

Can someone help me please I bought a proactiv skin care product on eBay nothing has arrived and my account have been hacked by someone on eBay

This is 2017. I recently used the service from ebay and right after my purchase, my account got blocked. I was busy and waited for awhile but after 2 months, my parcel never arrived. And when I contacted ebay, the seller posted the postage on their own ebay website and when I tried to verify this with the Royal Mail, the item was posted 1 week before my account was even created. I tried reasoning with ebay customer service, but they were still "unwilling" to reinstall my account and gave some vague reasons that my details need verifications. Without pointing to me what information needs to be verified and without trying to guide me on how to accomplish this. Personally, I think this company must be debt-ridden and unwilling to get rid of the scammers as long as they are able to get their commission and bottom line despite knowing that some buyers are being cheated.
Hey YongJia, yeh ebay has lost the plot-they are killing their own business and their reputation is in the gutter and been there for a while now. I am in the process of transitioning all of my worldy goods for sale to:- " ebid.com.au "'- so check it out- small in comparison but you can transfer all of your feedback scores and for a $50 initial lifetime member fee+ 2% upon sale it is a heap better, plus you can elect to sell only in Australia. Currently on ebay I pay 9.5% comission on sales+ 9.5% on the cost of postage as well!!! Who does that??? Greedy ebay does! So forget about ebay and do yourself a favour- go the- ebid.com.au- and spread the word!!!! Best Wishes-The Bonsai Lady.Ebay unfortunately does have allot of dishonest sellers and buyers. Trying to tell good from bad is difficult. To sell is not so cheap, to buy is easier and mostly cheaper but don't expect a warranty on items. Your experience explanation is a bit confusing. it seems you bought items which resulted in the seller laying a complaint of money not paid to him which resulted in a strike to you and banning of your account and therefore item not sent or your method of payment was not accepted or got cancelled or bounced. If this is so then I suggest you phone them again and try explaining. If one person is not helpful ask for a supervisor or email support. It is better to first have a verified account before trading but they do have guest features. Before you contact them read up on all policies so you know how to explain the problem in their terms.Paypal give you 6 months to dispute purchases and the opportunity to provide evidence that something is not right. You can still dispute if 6 moths is not up, providing you used Paypal. You will find instructions on the net on how to dispute, as well as Paypal website, and probably a youtube video. Good luck!

any purchase 1080p high definition security camera system on ebay? i found all it is 720P if the seller is registered from CHINA. i report the issue to ebay, they don't care about this. anyone know who regulate ebay in australia. this company only want get their commission and doesn't care anything else now.
Id recommend using PayPal if you're using eBay as they hold the funds for 21 days and if you don't receive your ordered item you have more chance to get your money back and if you're still concerned then you're better not to take the riskForget ebay and start selling and buying at:- "ebid.com.au". For a $50 initial lifetime fee+2% commission on sales it is peanuts in comparison, with 'HONEST sellers, not as big but getting bigger every day-So spread the word.... The Bonsai LadyPaypal only hold for 21 days if you are new to Paypal and ebay. Otherwise funds are immediate

Just sold a few things on Ebay. Has anyone experienced the 21 days hold of funds? Ebay expects us to send the items to the buyer but do they realize that the postage payment is being with held? Has anyone got around this issue?
Had this happened with one buyer. Think it is to do with the buyer personally; they probably have an option to confirm payment after the item(s) have arrived. Sadly that sale ended up as a refund so couldn't provided further info. Could be to do with the payment methods as well but not sure.Yes, if you have sold under 25 items they will hold the money for 21 days. So if you need to pay postage or pay for your stock forget about doing it during that period. Once you hit the 25 sales new payment clear straight away. I am now past the 25 but still waiting for the cleared payments of the initial sales. Not to mentioned there fees are highway robbery! good luck to Aussie sellers, terrible platform to sell on but if your happy making a few dollars (literarily) on items around $100 go for it oh and if you don't mind waiting a month for money to come through, because the sellers don't have bills to pay apparently (or postage to send the product)Yes i know of the 21 days and it's a precautionary measure to protect the buyer and seller as the product may take some time to get delivered in snail mail courier services or the item may be faulty - i usually use PayPal account - it's way better at least in my opinion

has anyone bought from OZ-Deals on ebay
I bought a phone from this companyon ebay. It was suppose to be new but Apple proved it was two years old and had been worked upon by a third party. I made a claim in vcat and a order has been issued for the Company to refund the cost of the phone plus they are liable for court costs.

has anyone bought clothes here ?
yes they show nice picture of the clothes but once you get it, its the cheap quality stuff which is not worth a penny.

Have anyone bought an Aukey car charger from eBay? Is it original?
I don't know I don't have a car.I just checked and I would say yes, the ones that are from UK seem to be legit.

Is the ebay trading assistant programme still operating in 2015?
Im not sure.

I recently purchased an item from a Chinese seller.After waiting for over 1 month i checked the buyer on ebay .com.au and found that he was no longer listed I have tried contacting the seller and do not receive any answers I have reported the incident to Pay Pal and they have responded immediately by pursuing the matterI have tried contacting ebay but read that after 45 days one cannot open a case in the resolution centre.i believe that this should be addressed as some items do take longer than 45 days when shipped from China.Is it too late to have ebay look into this matter regards 7172kerryw
Hi Walshy, if I were you I would check if that policy complies with Australian Consumer Law. Try http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au. See if they can advise you further on this matter. I don't think it is fair for you to be left, out of pocket, without the product and with no assistance from the business which facilitated the sale. All the best sorting it out.eBay for some, for too many in fact, nowadays! The poor thing ! eBay have turned into an absolute disgrace, their non-existent customer service (a 'tentative' one is in the Philippines, but as they say, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys...) will prevent walshy from getting the help required in that instance. Lodging a complaint against eBay with the Administrative and Civil Tribunal is the way to get a redress walshy, best wishes.Lia you can forget consumer services, They ignore anything Ebay related. I recently had an "Australian seller" ship me stuff which was not merchantable. turns out the seller was in china with a local warehouse. Consumer affairs said tough. Ebay said tough. Paypal awarded my claim but insisted I pay the freight back to china. the cost of the freight meant it was a waste of time. All i all you are on your own.

what are the disadvantage of ebay
Hi Hien, The only disadvantage I find is the fees [cause no one like getting charged fees] and sometimes I am overwhelmed with choice when searching for items - but that may not be a disadvantage for some.Not a 'disadvantage, the fees, hien, it is an understatement, but an absolute rip-off! Take an item which sells for $100.00 (Hundred dollars) and is mailed to you for $16.00 (Sixteen dollars) eBay will charge the seller: 9.9% in Final Value Fee = $9.90 (+ $2.40 in listing fees if want a subtitle and program in advance the auction to start at a fixed time, date) , if as required by eBay the seller pays with PayPal, a fee of 2.6% applies to the total invoiced ($3.00) they will add a fee on postage of 9.9% from the 6th of May ($1.58) so a seller has to fork out 9.90 + 2.40 + 3.00 + 1.58 = 16.88 for listing and selling and item on the virtual platform that is eBay and getting all the problems associated with the impossibility to leave a negative feedback agaist the buyers ID if the buyers decides to 'play up' i.e. not pay, tell the seller he did not receive the item (Always have the seller send registered and insured any item purchased on eBay) , realizes it is an item 'not as described', etc... Since eBay customer service is almost inexistant notwithstanding a long and degrading process of being able (after a loooong wait, usually) to aomeone in the Philippines... eBay is a Swiss company who doesnt pay a red hot cent in GST, nor any Aussie taxes on what is sold on their platform, they are in it for their shareholders (refer NASDAQ) and to line the pockets of their executives (The CEO received 53 million USD in 2012 !), so I recommend we all sell and buy online via Quicksales (Oz site for Oz sellers they advertice...) while it still belongs to an Aussie owner, eBay has a tendancy to buy out their opposition, beware (refer Gumtree now owned by eBAy and others).The news stated that some buyers don't send the item out to the buyer which is stealing really

Paid for a ab twister pro rocket with paypal from chrsky2002 an didn't receive product been 4weeks what do I do
Go to ebay customer assistance they have a process for goods paid for and not received if not contact paypal if you paypal with a credit card go to card provider and report fraud they may refund your money and withdraw funds from paypalGo to Paypal and open a case with them. There is a button for disputes. Paypal are great with refunding money. You will need to open a dispute and it will give you the opportunity to write to the seller and them back to you all in Paypal, if they don't refund you you can escalate it to a claim and Paypal will look into it and most likely give you your money back.You wish! PayPal so-called 'buyer protection (up to $20000)' is in fact a 'mirage', a con, PayPal imaginary customer protection relies on the insurance contracted by the seller with Australia Post or the courier co., THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE, I lost a large amount of money (one thousand $) when the item was sent to me registered but never arrived (Australia Post admitted losing 5% of registered items for no reason they can explain!) . When lodging a claim with PayPal (you have 45 days to lodge it) the first question PayPal will ask the seller: was the item insured? If it was not, you lose your money since PAyPal cover the expense in case of a loss ONLY if the item was insured by a tier ! An absolutely deceiving and unconscionable conduct eBay and PayPAl (PayPal is owned by eBay), 'stay away from those two if you can' will be my advice, organize a 'garage sale' or sell on another platform.