Ecosa Mattress King

8 Months later unsatisfied and throwing the mattress away.

Delivery -Unpacking excellent. Service also good. However, the matress itself started to deteriorate after 5 months and my back/neck problems started. I contacted supported for warranty and they said no. As per the policy there needs to be a visible dent and I dont have a visible dent byt my matress has stop providing me the back support it used to after 5 months or so. The matress is supposed to mould and adjust to your body, which is as per design but this mould is either increasing in depth or stopped providing enough support after 5 months of use and at the end of 8 month, I am planing to throw it away. Keeping it just a waste of space if you are not using it. I hae a king size matress and its not cheap, its a hard decision after all requests to support to fix the issue or find some solution exhausted. THey are right as per policy they can fix anything if no visible dent, but the product itself which is supposed to mould and provide support is not working as expected and its a pain, literally painful. Hope this helps someone or provide input. BTW I am a back sleeper and use the firm side.

Purchased in November 2018 for $933.00.

Heat Retention No

Way to hard even on the softest so-called setting

I purchased the mattress less than 12 months ago and complained within a few weeks of it being too hard. I had mentioned that I needed an extra soft mattress due to sports injuries. I was guaranteed that it would be perfect. It wasn't. Upon contacting them they told me I had to unzip and turn it up the other way and that it took time for the memory foam to adjust and it would get softer. It never got softer. They tried to then upsell me into an overlay of which I was too dubious to purchase. I have had nothing but bad nights sleep and regret buying it. I will be getting rid of it and starting again.

Purchased in August 2018 for $999.00.

Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Joanne, Sorry to hear that you're not loving our mattress. We know that firmness preference is different from one person to another which is why we offer a 100-night trial. Again, thank you for trying out our mattress and we hope that you can find one that will work for you.I actually contacted you before my 100 day trial and was told that I need to adjust the settings and that it took time for the memory foam to work and was told I should buy the topper. I have since purchased a proper memory foam topper from Dunlop and it is amazing. My husband and I cannot believe the difference. This is what I thought I was buying and what I was lead to believe that I was buying. What evidence and science is around your 'Memory foam' and that it takes a few weeks for it to work? What testing and evidence was done for your sales team to suggest this? Please send the links. Otherwise it is false advertising. Thanks, Jo

Terrible product and terrible service

Mattress structure collapsed within a short time frame. Terrible customer service in getting refund or replacement. Continually asking for more information. Very slowly responses. Took old mattress away and delay in new mattress. Support staff said we would have to sleep on the floor until new mattress arrived. Promised same day delivery and then changed delivery time.

Purchased in March 2018 for $980.00.

Firmness LayerFirm
We're sorry that you had to experience this. Our warranty process involves the collection of the faulty mattress before we can ship out the replacement. This is the process we have as it avoids the risk of original mattress not being made available for collection, we have had this happen in the past unfortunately and by which time the customer then has the new product and old but has only paid for one and becomes uncontactable. We also need to make sure that our partner charities have confirmed the collection. Has the replacement mattress been sent to you? Please contact us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and we'll look into it ASAP.

Nightmare sleep,useless warranty,left us nothing

after trying to put up with the ever growing crater after 6 months and crippling back,They organised Salvos picked up 9,30 am on a friday week later.Promised same day replace .I email Ecosa to confirm pick up 9,30am.Come 3pm I phoned.They said not confirmed.I spent the next 2 hours locating the old mattress in Brisbane(Red Hill Office) on phone to Salvos,who told me they had confirmed it to them.Many phonecalls told me no mattress til Monday 3 day middle winter no spare bed.Told me to lay on a sheet on the floor.Refused refund so as I could buy another in a hurry.No family to help and no spare bed ,I asked them what are we sleeping on for 3 days?I even said I would pick it up myself from factory.Not allowed.This was before 5pm.Deplorable.They dont care just want your money for something with 100 days that is going to be no good after that ,within 6 months.Sag was 2 cm with antge topper on or anything with it ,It compressed as soon as you hop on ,and had been turned like a merry go round.Dissapointed ,no sleep,false promises.

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,000.00.

SaggingYes
This is very unfortunate and we can only imagine the inconvenience this has caused. Our warranty process involves the collection of the faulty mattress before we can ship out the replacement. This is the process we have as it avoids the risk of original mattress not being made available for collection, we have had this happen in the past unfortunately and by which time the customer then has the new product and old but has only paid for one and becomes uncontactable. We also need to make sure that our partner charities have confirmed the collection. Has the replacement mattress been sent to you? Please contact us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and we'll look into it ASAP.

Review Update. Will buy from elsewhere

We actually purchased 2 mattresses in the past however the one I purchased 3 years ago had a dip as soon as box was opened. One side of the bed took 2 days to completely inflate and was noticeably softer than the other side. At the time the softness was not bad so I left as is, however I did write a review on this site and to this day no response received. Today my wife made contact with Ecosa directly regarding the dip as it has gotten worse over time and they advised if the dip is not VISABLE (20mm or more) we cannot claim warranty. They don't care that the mattress came defected nor actually when testing it for fault, they only care about the visibility. Will not buy again!!!!!

Purchased in July 2016.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Law, We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with how your concern was handled. As advertised, our 15-year warranty covers deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 20mm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation. You can visit https://www.ecosa.com.au/warranty for reference. We would love to help you out, please send us an email to support@ecosa.com.au with photos of the "dip" on the mattress and we can go from there.As expected a robot response from ecosa and they dont even read your comment properly. Bad customer service!!

Bad delivery

They advertise excellent delivery service. I was waiting for the mattress all afternoon. After the delivery window passed I called to check and they indicated their were late for over an hour. No notification, no apology. Unfortunately I could not wait for the item so had to reschedule.

Second try they still deliver over an hour late. Why provide a delivery window if you can't commit to it?

Purchased in June 2019.

Hi Camilo, We're really sorry to hear about the delayed delivery. Please know that this is not a usual occurrence. A good courier service is essential for an online business like Ecosa and your feedback was essential to realize this flaw with our courier, we are taking all the necessary precautions to eliminate this and similar issues from happening again. Thank you for sharing your experience which we deeply appreciate. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve our service. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Great mattress

Love the mattress as it is firm and doesn't seem to sag. The only reason I didn't give it 5/5 is that the edges of the bed are too soft and don't seem to have good support.

Purchased in May 2019 for $999.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Firmness LayerFirm

Back pain since I got this mattress 1.5 years ago

So I’ve had the King size for 1.5 years and I really can’t stand it anymore. I’ve had back (from lower back to neck) pain all this time, and kept thinking it was just me until I got my daughter a mattress of another brand and I had to best sleep on it. I had discussed with customer service before, originally intending to ask if a topper would make it more comfortable but they kept instructing me to remove the protector cover instead, flip the mattress to change the firmness instead, etc. Nothing helped. The mattress doesn’t give me proper support where needed, and is just not comfortable. Very disappointing.

Purchased in September 2017.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Cindy, We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your mattress. This is definitely not how we want your experience with Ecosa. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Terrible customer service

The mattress gave me back pains and was too firm for my husband even on the softer setting. The problem comes from trying to return the mattress. We asked for it to be returned back in mid March, it has been over a month and we still haven’t received our money back. The mattress was picked up weeks ago but this company will employ any tactics to hold onto your money... do NOT buy from them

Purchased in December 2018 for $899.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Jean, We are sorry that you're unhappy with the mattress and our return process. We work hard to make the returns process as seamless as possible by providing free pick-ups Australia-wide. Once you contact us, we will organize a pick-up from one of our partner charities. Collections may take up to 10 business days and will occur during business hours. Once the mattress has been collected you will be issued with a full refund. Please send us an email with your order details to support@ecosa.com.au and we'll be happy to follow-up the status of your refund.

Life changer

This mattress has changed our lives. We sleep long and easy with no more aches and pains. The option to adjust the firmness is also an added bonus for us in the future.

Purchased in February 2019 for $999.00.

Adjustment PeriodDays

So supportive

My husband and I love this mattress, we both have neck issues so this helps in giving us that much needed extra support not to mention not having any weight shift in the bed throughout the night. You can adjust the firmness or add a topper for that added extra level of luxury. I couldn't recommend it any more.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,199.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Front
Adjustment PeriodDays
Firmness LayerMedium Firm

Too hard and would not recommend for side sleepers or guests

Pros:
High-quality product and easy to setup; not much of an initial smell, probably good for back-sleepers or as a daybed
Cons: Mattress feels to deliver only very firm, extra firm and ultra firm; uncomfortable for side-sleepers and wouldn’t offer it to any guests

After a very good first impression, 2 months down the track, I am disappointed in the mattress. We have tried the different options for weeks at a time. We like to sleep on firm mattresses, but the Ecosa mattress is just too hard. There is no medium-firm option. I am a side sleeper and woke up each morning with aching shoulders and hips. The G7 memory foam layer sinks in only marginally when laying on top. You would need to sleep on the foam pads without the matress cover or to buy an extra topper, both options which defeat the purpose in my opinion. So after a long trial to get „adjusted“ to the mattress, I have had enough of unrestful sleep and the Ecosa mattress is up for return. What a shame

Send the same review to Ecosa, but I am not sure they will show it on their website. It would not be in their best interest to show all reviews unbiased, which might also explain the 4.7 out of 5 ratings?

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,050.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the mattress did not work for you. All mattresses soften slightly within the first few months, a mattress that is delivered with "perfect" feel will soften to be less than perfect so we intentionally make ours slightly firmer at delivery so when it softens to the optimal level rather than starting soft and softening further to then be too soft and unsupportive. We know that firmness is a personal preference which is why we offer a 100-night trial. We're sad to see you go but thank you for trying us out.

Painful return!!!

Tried the mattress and decided to return it. They relied on Salvation Army to collect the mattress, but I live in an Apartment and Salvos only has full sized truck and so they can't park near my unit to collect the mattress. I was asked to search for other charity that can pick it up. Haven't found any. They said they didn't accept mattress recycling company. Why?? Isn't it the same? Recycling mattress for a good cause?

So what do I do now if I can't find any charity that can pick up the mattress? Would I not get my money back then?? So frustrated on the return process. This should be communicated in your terms&condition and website! Had I known there will be any risk on the return I probably won't even bother trying. Still have $950 stuck with this company...

Purchased in November 2018 for $950.00.

Hi Albert, We are sorry that you're unhappy with our return process. Please note that based on our website, https://www.ecosa.com.au/100night "Your original mattress will likely be donated to charity to help those in need. We work hard to make the returns process as seamless as possible by providing free pick-ups Australia-wide. Once you contact us, we will organize a pick-up from one of our partner charities. Collections may take up to 10 business days and will occur during business hours. However, there are areas outside of metro and regional cities that they may not reach. For areas outside of metro and regional cities where our partner charities may not reach, we will help you contact other local charities that can pick up from your area. After all of the options have been exhausted, we might ask for your help to deliver to your nearest charity. Once you send in your donation receipt, we will issue your full refund." We work hard to locate other charities to donate the mattress to in case that the Salvation Army can't pick it up from your place. Please provide us with your order number and we'll be happy to follow-up on the status of your mattress collection.Before I placed the order I asked one of your rep to confirm that my area is eligible for pick up. It's been 2 weeks now that your rep is "trying to find other charities". Too slow. I live in metro area, you should already have a list of alternative charities in case this happens, given that Ecosa has been operating for years..I can only wait now and hope that my money is not gone...Hi Albert, We honor our promise of providing a refund once the mattress has been collected. We apologize for the delay. Rest assured that we will continue to follow-up on the collection and update you accordingly.

Too Hard!

We bit the bullet and decided to give the Ecosa mattress a go, even though we were a little skeptical. Unfortunately, we have found the mattress way too hard for our liking. We affectionately named it "the plank".

After persevering for another 90 days in hope that the mattress would soften we finally gave up and decided to return it. We are in country Victoria so discovered the Salvos did not collect in our town. We organised to deliver the mattress to the Salvos in another town and then promptly received our refund from Ecosa the day after we sent them a donation receipt. So 10/10 to Ecosa for standing by their refund promise.

Purchased in January 2019 for $899.00.

Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Annette, So sorry to hear that you're finding the mattress firm to your liking. We'd love to hear your feedback and we also want to take the opportunity to see if there's anything we can do/suggest to improve your sleep. Please give us a call on 1800 940 833 or send us an email at support@ecosa.com.au.

Don’t do it

Mattress is super hard. Been in it for a month hoping it will become softer. It has a tiny bit but still, not comfortable. Ecosa sent a topper to help, arrived warped and is pretty ridiculous. I wish I had just bought a normal mattress. Asked for a refund and takes up to 20 business days - “more or less” the lady says. Makes it difficult to buy another bed, so just beware. No idea where all these good reviews are coming from. Very suspect. The sheets are amazing though.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Excellent and Easy

The whole process of purchasing and receiving the mattress was so easy and enjoyable. So far we have been using the mattress for 2 weeks and it's been great. Exactly what we were looking for.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Thanks for your review Gabi! Happy sleeping!

Bed in a box converts!

We spent about 8 weeks deliberating on whether to try a bed-in-a-box or go to the standard manufacturer's for a "normal" mattress. We bit the bullet and chose Ecosa because they had a great Black Friday deal which saved us a few hundred dollars. We purchased the King size mattress and the additional topper (after reading reviews that it made a big difference).

The comms and delivery were excellent and the mattress arrived the following day. We were definitely all a bit dubious when we saw it! I mean what kind of good mattress could possibly be folded up into that box! Upon extracting, unrolling and un-plastic'ing we were feeling better. Upon lying on it we were nodding heads with raised eyebrows in surprise. By the time I put our sheets on and crawled into bed that night - we were convinced.

We previously had an innerspring mattress and also used a magnetic overlay due to continual backaches by hubby and I due to exercise and work habits. We continually would wake feeling stiff and unrested. I'm also up and down with our toddler so that doesn't help the backache and also hubby would feel the mattress rock each time that happened so he had unbroken sleep too.

Our first night on the Ecosa was a dream! I want to say it's like sleeping on a cloud, but that would suggest it was soft. It wasn't soft but it wasn't hard either. It has a medium firmness but when needed (like when you roll over) it's squishy and then it sort of firms back up again once you stop moving. Also there's zero movement for the other person. So whoever is getting up to the toddler is not disturbing the other person.

The topper was delivered a week later and that made it even more dreamier. Basically enhanced all of the positives we were already feeling about it. We are absolutely having more rested, more deep sleeps and I'm not waking up feeling a back ache.

It's a big thumbs up from us and our only regret is not having switched over sooner! For any new mattresses, we wouldn't hesitate in going back to Ecosa.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for this thorough review Erana! We are so glad to hear you are loving your mattress! Happy sleeping!

Disappointed

We bought a double Ecosa for our son and to test before buying ours. Wanted to make sure no chemical smell as a priority. All seemed okay so we bought a king for us. But the king had a terrible smell with it that we couldn't get rid of for months. We were constantly washing bedding and airing out the mattress and bedroom. We did wash the cover too. And after about 2-3 months my side of the bed no longer supports me and sinks. It also sinks if my partner and I lie close together in the middle. My partner is 70kg and I'm about 90. We have swapped sides for now but will probably replace. The spot under my side that sinks also created a moldy spot on our brand new (month old?) Koala bed base. Even with all the airing out. Very disappointed. Ecosa emailed asking for a review which my wife wrote, and it wasn't published on their site. She wrote it a second time and still wasn't published. By the way, we use the mattress with the yellow side up, so should be firmest option.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Art, We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your Ecosa mattress. You are welcome to contact our team to discuss a warranty claim with regards to the dipping you have mentioned and we will do our best to provide a suitable solution :) - Amy

The most horrible mattress

I've had this mattress for close to a year paying close to $1,000 for it and I'm beyond frustrated. The hype for this mattress is ridiculous. There is no support what so ever for your back as it's just foam. I've woken up with severe back pain to the point I can't get up to my toddler and I'm 26 years old there's no excuse! I've just purchased a higher quality bed and the thought of this mattress is a looonngg distant memory!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best purchase!

We love our mattress, we have been sleeping like babies from the first night. So happy with how comfortable it is! Back and hip pain is all but gone and we dont wake up from tossing and turning

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hey Michelle, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you are sleeping well on your new mattress! Happy sleeping!