Ecosa Mattress King Single

Ecosa Mattress King Single

Won yourself a customer for life

Having alway bought mattresses from a bricks and mortar business I was sceptical of the mattress in a box industry. Turns out this was completely unjustified.

The linchpin for me deciding to go with ecosa was the ability to adjust the firmness by rearranging the layers foam. Turns out the softest (medium) was still pretty firm but it's a soft firmness which feels like it's giving good even support without being too hard.

It has resolved my old lower back pain from my previous mattress.

I pulled apart my old mattress and there was a layer of foam maybe 4cm thick and just a bed of hard uneven springs. I would not now consider a spring mattress because you are so reliant on those springs not failing or wearing because it is amplified through the whole mattress.

If a foam mattress can be vacuum packed, rolled and stored and then bounce back to a perfect surface it my thinking is it must be pretty durable. You sure as hell couldn't do that with a store bought mattress.

Also the 15 year warranty was better than anyone else so I'm thinking they are backing their product up to go the distance.

The only criticism with foam had a delayed softness so if you roll around you don't get that instant softness. If your that type of sleeper I would probably steer clear of foam mattresses.

Good luck with the hunt. I did so much research into mattresses and it's a lot easier to find a car that suits your needs than a mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 for $719.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Firmness LayerMedium

Couldn't be a better buy ! Very happy with Ecosa !

My Ecosa mattress is very comfortable. I suffer from neck and back pains but have found that the new mattress is more supportive and I get up feeling better than I used to. I have not found it hard at all and was very happy with the way it was setup when I first received it. My old bones have found it very much to their liking ! My daughter has said that she would consider getting one when its time for her to change her mattress and was impressed with the speed and ease at ordering.

Purchased in March 2019 for $699.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Firmness LayerMedium Firm

You're buying a rock that never softens!!

i bought our mattress just to try in September 2018. The first night was toxic chemical smell despite it being aired out for 3 days prior. It did subside but i had to leave the windows open in the bedroom for a week.

About 3 nights in we started experiencing problems. And 1 month into the trial i contacted Ecosa ready to send it back.

Its now Feb 2019 and this bed has NOT softened despite our actions and directions from Ecosa staff... It got so bad in the beginning that i couldn't last more than 4 hrs without pressure bruises on my hips, shoulders and severe back ache that penetrated right around to my stomach and ribs. (And i am an aussie size 12 in ladies clothes, so by no means large)

I contacted Ecosa directly when it got so bad and i had actual bruises i could no longer stand to sleep on the bed. Hubby took over for me and tried it out and he (who needs a firmer bed) found it hard too...

I was told that's just how they are so they last longer once at home and that i should remove the cover and try walking on it to help break down the foam and therefore soften it. We did just that and it has helped mildly. I can now sleep 6-8 hrs but definitely no more than 8 without the pains starting. The pains subside once i've been up and around but the shoulder areas of the bed DO NOT allow your shoulder to sink into it. So therefore the result is your spine not only bending out of alignment but so does the base of your skull. Therefore needing either a massage or chiropractic appointment to fix after 2 nights.

We spent half as much on this bed as we'd have on an inner spring and i have hopes of hubby helping to break it down some more by walking on it more (twice a day). I've also tried a soft padded mattress protector as well, with little success. The shoulder problem persists. ((its worth noting too that its just as hard in 40c temps as it is in 20c temps, so its definitely not the temperatures making it hard))

Plain fact of the matter is these beds are just too bloody hard!!!! They might be suitable if you're morbidly obese and need a piece of steel or the floor as your bed, but for those of us who need support without breaking our shoulders, this bed is not a good fit.

Its only because we forked out 600$ for this piece of foam that i'm persevering with it. But honestly, most nights i can only last 4 hrs on the goddam thing and i swap to hubbys side of the bed which is lovely soft Tempur.

Overall do i recommend this mattress? NO! Not unless you're overweight and need an extremely firm bed.

Purchased in September 2018 for $699.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi there, Sorry to hear that you're not sleeping well. I understand that your circumstances may have made it difficult to assess your sleep which is unfortunate. We'd love the opportunity to see if there's anything we can suggest to improve your sleep. Please don't hesitate to call us n 1800 940 833 or you can also send us an email at support@ecosa.com.au.Yup, i just did that and was told i should buy your topper (which doesn't come in king single size). Sorry but i refuse to waste more money on a bed that's not going to soften and is structurally too hard. A soft pillow top won't soften the foam under it and its that that's throwing my shoulders and neck out. The girl was most unhelpful and said that's all Ecosa can offer.Hi, Thank you for your response. So sorry to hear that. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I want to help you rectify this, can you please send another email with your order number so I can look at your account? Feel free to mention that you were advised to send an email by one of the support members in relation to your review. We will wait for your email. :)

They don't honor their promise to return if not happy.

I ordered 2 mattresses for our house, but unfortunately the mattresses were too hard. I have asked to return them as per the "100 day trial" and they have refused !!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Foz, We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our trial policy as stated on our website, you are welcome to continue discussing this with our customer service team.

Good buy

It is a very good mattress. May require a topper as it is a bit hard. You can sleep in the same spot forever but the mattress doesnt change its shape. This was our second purchase and I am soon getting a third mattress for my daughter's bed too. ECOSA, please start making simple bed frames too. It is also hard to find good, simple and reliable bed frames.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Luciane, Keep an eye out, they are coming! We are just taking a little while to release our best frame as we want it to be perfect first off :)

Excellant ECOSA

I was injured in an industrial accident in 1988 and needed to sleep with 5 pillows used to turn and toss all night because of the back pain as a result my wife was getting disturbed sleep.
We decided to purchase an electronic bed which we did but the latex mattress from them was around 2K.
We decided to buy the ecosa for in the end I think $500.
It came with a 100 night guarantee, turned up in a box with wheels and it has in a couple of words improved my life and all for 500 bucks.
I would recommend to anyone buy an ECOSA they are great.
David

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi David, This is seriously so great hear! Thanks for the feedback! Happy sleeping :)

Excelent quality product, for me it was difficult getting it delivered as some remote country delivery not certain.

After almost a year I can still assert that this mattress is an absolute to dream to sleep on, and the quality of construction is very high indeed. Apart from the rare ongoing delivery problem I experienced I would easily recommend Ecosa mattresses and pillows. Ecosa is an excellent choice at a reasonable cost and it’s so well made you don’t even need a base. All the info about the mattress presented is real and confirmable and there is certainly no doubting the integrity of the product. The only misrepresentation or in my case misleading statement on the Ecossa website is the assertion of Free Australia Wide Delivery. I think a reasonable person would assume that such a statement would mean delivery to ones residential address, however this is not always the case. After several days of emails, the company finally confirmed that delivery to my area will not happen. Reluctantly I have had to arrange for someone to accept delivery in another area on my behalf, as one would. Customer service has been quite reasonable, however if not a bit haphazard. I would recommend this mattress to my friends especially in the knowledge that no harmful chemicals are present in the materials the mattress is constructed from and that the level of support and comfort is unsurpassed.

Purchased in August 2018 for $900.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Mick, We do apologise for the inconvenience, we are working to have this resolved ASAP and will continue to update you along the way :)Great, thanks just got email that the right mattress is on it’s way, at last. I am so looking forward to sleeping on a comfortable mattress.The king single has arrived and as expected is an absolute dream to sleep on and as promised bothe the courier company and Ecosa kept me in the link

Best bed we have both slept on for years

We finally purchased Ecosa King Single Mattresses a month ago, along with toppers (dreamy as) and have slept amazingly well since received. The bed is extremely supportive without being too firm and the toppers just make the sleeping process feel gorgeous. Can't recommend the Ecosa mattress with topper more highly as they are stable and no movement when one party turns. After looking to replace our two beds into one combination as my partner likes soft and I like firm we thought why not give it a go as the free trial return had absolutely no risk associated. After doing due diligence the Ecosa quality, price and service came as a pleasant surprise and comparing with similar products out there in stores I am so pleased I did not pay $10K for same but different brand. I have already started spreading the good word to friends and family and on my fb page. ps: I have changed from the expensive brand and am finding the Ecosa is warm but does not hold the heat like my other bed used to which was difficult to sleep on in summer. Well done Ecosa for producing a fabulous product that meets every one of our needs. My man is a builder and also has sleep apnea and in this bed he is so quiet, sleeping like a baby and we have our lives back (seriously).

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Wow Kim, thanks for the feedback! We are so happy to hear our mattress has helped your husbands snoring! Enjoy plenty more peaceful sleeps!

A

Amazing comfort and support. Love that it is also eco-friendly. if you prefer a firmer mattress that still offers comfort. It's provided excellent support for our backs; no more aches in the morning whether you are a back or side sleeper. Pair it with a good pillow and you can expect some quality, comfortable sleep.
A high quality product, promptly delivered the day after our purchase online. Packaging had wheels (great idea as it is quite a heavy product) and came with a creatively designed cutting knife to avoid damaging the mattress upon opening it. Overall presentation of the product packaging added to the already well thought out product.

Not recommended for people who prefer or are used to futon-like or squishy mattresses; you may find this mattress too firm and needing some getting used to.

Love this mattress

Have had our Ecosa mattress for about 5 months and love it. It's great if you prefer a firmer mattress that still offers comfort. It's provided excellent support for our backs; no more aches in the morning whether you are a back or side sleeper. Pair it with a good pillow and you can expect some quality, comfortable sleep.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Soothing comfort

The mattress provides all over gentle support and comfort. I have the topper too, which I bought mainly to protect the mattress and ensure coolness - probably over-indulgent luxury on luxury. I no longer experience the aches and pains in my hips, back and neck which prompted me to consider buying a new mattress. I have slept on the matress now through a humid Brisbane summer, and I did not find the mattress to be hot, which was something I originally feared. I love sitting among pillows on my bed to sip tea and read, and every night I fold back the sheets and truly appreciate the comforting softness of my bed. My 20 month old grandson also expresses delight in its soft comfort, enthusiastically snuggling into it for his nap and for play. I love my bed. It has been a delight ever since it arrived in its amazing wheeled packaging 7 months ago.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great mattress

Best mattress I have ever owned. Very happy with my purchase! Cant fault it at all, I get the best nights sleep and no more interruptions. I love it. It is firm but I like that

Best mattress ever!☺

Very supportive, comfortable and durable. I have slept on it for a year and there is no sign of sagging - smooth surface as from the beginning.
Just need to know what the firmness levels are on each side before I flip it. I would like to try the softer side and it is very heavy to flip. I understand there are 3 choices.☺

Date PurchasedApr 2017

I am happy with my Ecosa bed mattress

Yes, very comfortable. I love the firmness of the mattress. My lower back pain is gone. I highly recommend recommend this mattress to people with lower back pain. Thank you.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best sleep ever!

I have had back surgery and a firm mattress was recommended. I tried other ones but Ecosa was the mattress that gave me the best firm support and at the same time the give that prevent my scars to be painfull. It is like sleeping in a cloud and it is not hot like other foam mattress. I am very ,very happy with my purchase. I can't comment on the durability because it is still new.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

What a mattress.

This is the best mattress I have ever slept on. I feel rested & my body is comfortable through my entire time in bed.
I would encourage anyone to buy one.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sweet Dreams.

Suffering from post gallbladder removal complications and a sore back sleep had become quite elusive. I had moved into the spare room so my wife was not disturbed by the inevitable restlessness. A good brand King Single had too much give in it. This exercabated my issues. I had been looking at Ecosa for sometime and after 5 weeks of very little sleep ordered one. The next day it arrived with sheets and pillow cases a few days later. The result has been extraordinary. No more sleeplessness and my back is much better. The sheets are divine as is this bed. By far the best bed I have ever slept in. Could not recommend highly enough.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Firm but Comfy

We purchased two king single mattresses for our adjustable beds. My husband immediately liked the firm configuration (as delivered). However, I found this just too hard for comfort. After turning the layers to medium firm configuration I have found the Ecosa to be very comfortable even though it feels firmer than I would probably ever have selected in a retail store. The turning process was reasonably straightforward if a bit fiddly with the various layers and zips but we are now both very happy with our new mattresses.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Very comfortable but overwhelming smell

We found the mattresses to be very comfortable with a thick topper to provide some softness. Hubby particularly liked how to moulded to his body and helped with his back. On opening up the mattress the smell was over powering. We aired them outside for day prior to use and i still find my PJs smell, almost like petroleum which is what high density foam is made out of I think...?
We are looking to replace it as I am concerned about VOC, plus it looks like Hubby may be allergic to latex which is the top layer, although this isn't the fault of the Ecosa, just bad luck for us.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

This mattress has been very suportive.

This is a great matrass . I brought the king single for my daughter who was complaining of a sore back and neck.
Since our purchase the sore back and neck have gone.
I will purchase another one for my other daughter when I'm more financial due to the high quality of the product.
The matrass took 8 days to be delivered and was easy to set up .
You wait 8 hours after opening before you can use it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017