In love!!!

I did a huge amount of research before choosing Ecosa and I couldn’t be happier.

After 11 years on a latex, I was nervous about a bed in a box. I purchased the topper in case the “too firm” feedback was correct but I actually found it a lot softer than I was used to with the topper. It took me about a week to get used to the differences and the sides not being firm but after several months of use I now LOVE everything about it.

The mattress sides have leveled out and don’t slope anymore and the pressure and comfort with the topper is cloud-like. The piriformus pain I had disappeared within 2 weeks.

And the delivery guy even delivered it up to my top floor apartment for which I’m so grateful.

Best decision ever. Do it, it’s perfection.

Purchased in June 2019 for $850.00.

Worked for us (so far)

We purchased the mattress, topper, fitted sheets, Quilt set and blankets
Purchasing, delivery and quality are wonderful. Very easy to set up.
The medium was still a bit too firm for me so I also got the topper to try and it was amazing and so much better. It had the soft feeling with the slight firmness I need to get my body sleeping the right way (i am a side sleeper because of my weight but now I can even sleep on my back with this mattress). I have never owned a new or quality mattress so I think my body might still need a few weeks to adjust and since we just moved out I haven't had much sleep to test properly. Regardless, my partner and I am very happy with our purchase through Ecosa and [for us] it was a match. Thank you team

Purchased in July 2019 at ecosa for $1,995.00.

Worst customer service!

Delivery is quick! But when you don't like it and hoping to get a refund, their customer service is the worst! Think twice before you buy. I rather go to IKEA or other furniture shop to test out the bed for a short period of time rather than dealing with the bad customer service.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Hi Steve, It saddens us to know that you are not happy with how our support assisted you. We honor our promise of a 100-night trial with a money back guarantee and we want our customers to be satisfied with our service even if they did not end up keeping the mattress. May we ask you contact us thru email with your order details so we can look into your complaint accordingly?

Very comfortable but you'll sweat while you sleep.

I purchased the queen and i must say its very comfortable. HOWEVER i am literally waking up dripping in sweat nearly every night since i starting using the mattress. I cant bare to think what the summer months will be like. Ive been told it takes awhile for the body to adjust to these foam types. Unfortunately one can only be so patient. When i asked Ecosa if this was a problem.... i was given generic answers like a link on wikipedia on how to stay cool while sleeping. Almost like i have to change my sleeping condiotins to suit the mattress, which i dont think should be the case when spending $900 in the first place.

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Firmness LayerMedium

Hot and soft sides - is this normal?

I bought our Q Ecosa 2 weeks ago and the first thing I noticed was how hot I kept getting. And I don't get hot...cool but never hot.
The other thing I am not sure about are the soft sides? My son actually fell out of our bed... which is odd as he has never fallen out of his own foam mattress bed?
Would appreciate some feedback as to whether this is all part of the mattress settling?

Purchased in June 2019 for $845.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Kym, Sorry to hear about your son falling out of the mattress. We hope he's okay. The mattress is not a perfect square and the edges are meant to be curved. We have also taken measures to reduce the heat that is often associated with foam mattresses. The pin-core holes design in our Eco-Tex foam allows for better air circulation with all the layers pierced through and connected via our air tunnel system. Our memory foam layer is infused with gel beads which create little air pockets to promote airflow and dissipate heat. You can try to flip the layers of the mattress and see if the support will improve. We also found the following link quite useful in sleeping cool http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Getting-So-Hot-While-Sleeping.

Overall very good experience

Very happy with this mattress. Easy to purchase, quick delivery and very comfortable if you are a firm mattress sort of person which I definitely am. Very good sleep and back very supported

Purchased in June 2019.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Great mattress

My previous mattress was causing some back pain, and I felt that having a mattress in a box was an interesting way to go. I am very pleased with my choice. You can choose soft, medium or firm just by rearranging the layers. I've choose the default, medium. I can now last on my back with no need to bend my knees, side sleeping is comfortable. I am delighted. Yet to see what durability is like, butt I am more than satisfied at the moment, and I got it for an EOFY price. Nice

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Just don't do it

Hours late - only reacted after I had contacted them three times, unhelpful customer service - unable to get any useful information from the delivery service, delivery service unable to communicate or follow through, uncomfortable mattress. No follow-up after delivery finally happened.

I'd return it but I could not bear to deal with this company again.

Save yourself the hassle.

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Curt, We're sorry that you had to start your Ecosa experience this way. Please know that this is not a usual occurrence. A good courier service is essential for an online business like Ecosa. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our service and find partners who meet the standards we set to benefit the experience of our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve our service.The response above is exactly what their customer service rep said, right before they failed to do anything to resolve the issue. The degree to which the response is canned and rehearsed tells me this is in fact a common occurrence. Buyer beware.

Love It

I did a lot of research before buying this matress, as there are so many on the market now, in the end i decide to go with ecosa as i liked the idea of being able to adjust firmness, ordered saturday night , arrived Monday, from the very first night, i knew i had made the right choice, its simply amazing , by far the most comfortable matesss i have ever slept on, the only problem we have encounted is our daughter, upon laying on it and describing it as like sleeping on a cloud, has now taken to wanting to sleep in our bed, so looks like a single matress will be added in the future

Purchased in June 2019 for $849.00.

AMAZING

After years of back, hip & shoulder pain, just one night on the Ecosa changed all that. Mattress totally different from usual store bought but fantastic. Full support, firm yet absolutely comfortable and hugging and no partner disturbance. Oh and add the pillows too as they are fantastic.

Purchased in May 2019.

Firmness LayerFirm
Hi Tanya, We're delighted to hear that you're loving the mattress and pillow as much as we do. Thank you for sharing your feedback. :)

Are you a side sleeper? You should probably avoid this

Let me set the scene for you, I play sport and train 3 times a week, I work 2 jobs, I am a side sleeper with good quality pillows and bedding and I enjoy a soft, cuddly bed with my partner. I purchased the mattress as I needed an upgrade and thought I would give this a shot as you could adjust the firmness. Unfortunately for me, medium was just too firm, I was having neck, shoulder and arm pain, I haven't been playing my sport since I got it as my body is aching from sleeping on this mattress. While returning the mattress, Cust. Care goes through the standard steps so you can retain the mattress and offered me a mattress topper however after reading reviews, it was best to part ways and get my $$$ back. In summary if you are a hot side sleeper and love a soft/comfy bed, this bed isn't for you either.

Purchased in June 2019 for $900.00.

Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Lisa, We're sorry to hear that the mattress did not work for you. The Ecosa mattress is built to be firm enough for great back support, also soft on your shoulders and hips. It allows the mattress to shape to your body and release pressure. We also know that firmness is a personal preference and not everyone will love our mattress which is why we offer the 100-night trial. We still appreciate you trying out Ecosa and we hope you can find the mattress that suits you best.

After 6 months, the mattress has become sagging!

I'm 56kg, I'm using the firm side, after 6 months the mattress become sagging, I'm very disappointed, Just 6 months, I can feel the V shape of the mattress, not recommend this product.

Purchased in December 2018 for $900.00.

Firmness LayerFirm
Hi Erin, Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the mattress. Ecosa uses premium materials which allow zero partner disturbance and long-lasting durability. Our durability test pushes a 400kg roller over each mattress 30,000 times to mimic the typical eight to ten-year lifespan of a mattress. We offer 15 years warranty against defects, including sagging or dipping on your mattress. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and we'll look into this ASAP.

Review: Two years on, avoid!

I purchased an Ecosa QS Mattress just under 2.5yrs ago, so did my friend. It was an easy to purchase and ship process (they blamed the courier as it took a while to actually get, in which time I developed a minor back niggle that was quickly resolved... See below). After the initial "off gasing" smell dissipated (1week-ish), I had a great sleep. They said it could go direct on the floor which my friend and I both did. We aired monthly as suggested. One day I lifted it to air and it was mouldy. My friend also said his was. If you buy, make sure you use a bed base! It's literally false advertising. We both contacted Ecosa and they said it was our fault. They deny, deny, deny... It was not! It was that it can not go direct on the floor. I had to throw out my expensive one off rug that I loved and my mate is planning on having his room re-carpeted. I cleaned my mattress with vinegar, rubbing alcohol and aired it for a week in the sun over summer and washed the cover with disinfectant... I believe my friend threw his out! His sleeping on his spare mattress anyway. I can't afford another mattress at present. I complained and they eventually offered me $300 off an $1,100 mattress, so another $800 on top of my original $850. There's $250 off at the moment anyway and generally is, so effectively I've been offered $50 off for the exact same product.
But here's the real problem, I'm 6'3" and 80kg, so I'm light for my height. I should mention here that I had a very minor back niggle from a blow up mattress that went down one night, when I first purchased it... That went away with the new mattress and I had a very good year and a half, but now I have a full blown bad back and in a completely different spot! Always at it's worst in the mornings (physios, osteos and mattress professionals suggest this is usually always the mattresses fault), this is because of the wear in divot (which is now on both sides as I spin it when I air it). I wake up stuck in said divot with my back out. It seemed cheap and comfortable but after less than 2yrs it became practically unusable, $850/2yrs=$425p/yr.
I would avoid. So would my friend. Hope this helps. I'm saving for a new mattress at present.
PS I suggest you also research latex allergy. This also got my friend, who said his back is also worse on it. I'll get him to post his own review, I personally can't wait to read it, he is ropeable and also contacted Ecosa only to be told it's his fault! They've had their chances to resolve this!
PSS I tried to leave this review on their website but the, "please review" email they send after purchase, had timed out. No doubt for good reason. So if you read the ones there, note that they were all most likely left in the 'honeymoon' period.

Purchased in January 2017 at Ecosa Online for $849.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi there, Sorry to hear that you're not happy with the mattress you received. We advertised our website that the mattress can be placed on the floor. Just remember that you need to ensure the environment is suitable for the mattress as humidity, condensation, and moisture can cause mould to develop. To avoid this, simply ensure you stand the mattress regularly to breathe. You can also opt to air out and vacuum the area beneath the mattress regularly. We offer a 15-year warranty on our mattress that covers visible indentation greater than 20mm. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order number and we'll look into this ASAP.Marketing speak. I aired it as recommended! I have OCD. I run a ridiculously clean house. The divot needs to be 20mm deep when noone is on it for the 15 year warranty to be active. Its already back breaking without a visible depression because the top layer bounces back without the underlying support actually bouncing back. This 15 year warranty is therefore useless and the fact they are saying I didn't air it properly is just adding further insult to literal injury. Avoid this short life mattress and ensure others don't learn the hard way.Ecosa uses premium materials which allow zero partner disturbance and long-lasting durability. Our durability test pushes a 400kg roller over each mattress 30,000 times to mimic the typical eight to ten-year lifespan of a mattress. Our warranty covers "A visible level of dipping (caused by body impression) greater than 20mm on the mattress. This refers to a dipping that is visible when no weight is applied to the top of the mattress". We state "when no weight is applied" as memory foam will remember your body when you are on the mattress, but will regain its original shape once your body weight is removed. This is the intended feature and purpose of memory foam. Memory foam studies your body weight, shape, size, etc and with body heat has molded to your shape. When your shape has left the mattress, the original shape will return showing no visible dip. We suggest you email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details so we can further assist you.

We are happy with our Ecosa except for one thing....

My wife and I are both seniors and we both have bad backs, the Ecosa has sorted the morning backache out and we are generally satisfied with the mattress which we bought about three years ago.
However, my concern is the advertised weight limit of 150kgs per sleeper which was a factor in our decision to buy an Ecosa. I am 130kg, the mattress has sagged on my side and there is a distinct hollow on my side of the bed, surely this should not be happening? The side of the mattress is also bowing outward.
I think that the maximum weight limit should be revised as it is definitely overstated.

Purchased in September 2016 for $1,000.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi John Dee, Ecosa uses premium materials which allow zero partner disturbance and long-lasting durability. Our durability test pushes a 400kg roller over each mattress 30,000 times to mimic the typical eight to ten-year lifespan of a mattress. We offer 15 years warranty against defects, including sagging or dipping on your mattress. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details and photos of the mattress showing the "sagged" side and we'll be happy to look into it.Thank you for getting back to me, I'll send the details sometime this week.

This is the best mattress I have ever slept on.

I no longer wake with any lower back pain, I feel like I'm being hugged all night, I certainly sleep better all night. Thanks Ecosa for such a great product.

Purchased in April 2019 for $800.00.

Firmness LayerMedium Firm
Hi Des, Great! We're glad to hear that the mattress works for you. We appreciate your feedback. :)

much better than expected

was very skeptical about a mattress in a box but as it came with a money back guarantee and good reviews I thought what the heck,let's give it a try. My hubby and I are so glad we did as the comfort is great and the improvement to my lower back pain is the best benefit of all. The mattress has maintained it's shape and firmness from day 1 and has the added benefit of seeming to keep the bottom sheet drum tight. Allowing time to adjust to this mattress is a must but is well worth the effort.

Firmness LayerFirm

Fantastic mattress and really comfortable!

I loved the same day delivery and the box it came in. It did however take my partner and I a few days to get used to the firmness as it is pretty firm, but once we did, we had instant back pain relief. I would definitely recommend this over a Sealy firm mattress (which was our previous mattress) especially if you want a really firm one. It's a little difficult to change the firmness level with two people, so I commend whoever can do it alone!

Firmness LayerFirm

Not supportive - JUST hard. Don’t believe everything you see.

Bought the mattress due to seeing ‘body supportive’ and memory foam. “G7” whatever that means

It’s like sleeping on a plank of wood with 1cm of foam to support. My shoulder and hips were in immense pain the first 2 weeks. I couldn’t sleep on it anymore.

The return process was okay. I like the idea of an online chat so that’s okay with me. They also offer alternatives like a complimentary topper value at $400, although unless it’s laced with gold, I don’t know what topper is worth $400. They seemed very nice and committed to making your sleeping experience better but just wasn’t for me.

After agreeing to refund me, the salvos came to collect, they do inspect the mattress so definitely make sure you trial with a mattress protector or else no refund. Pick up took 7 days. Refund took 4 because I paid with Afterpay and they’re quite good like that.

Mattress 1/5
Customer service 4/5

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Firmness LayerMedium
Hi Basil, We're sorry to hear that the mattress didn't work for you. We are aware that one mattress does not suit all and firmness is a personal preference which is why we offer a 100-night trial with money back guarantee. We thank you for trying out Ecosa. :)

Comfortable and helped my back

I ordered mine and it arrived the same day to Brunswick. I find it super comfortable and plush, it supports my back and shoulders.
If I was in a store I probably would have thought it's a bit too firm for me but the top layer is really soft and comfy, by the second night I was so happy with it and i realised i wasnt waking up with hip or back pain like I was previously. So glad I got it. Also, i like that the edge is grey, one thing that put me off koala was that its bright blue so it's a bit intense, the grey edge is more stylish in my opinion but obviously not the most important thing about a mattress

Purchased in February 2019 for $899.00.

Very Comfortable mattress

Love our Ecosa mattress! We've had it close to a year now and still as comfortable as the day we got it. No noticable changes in comfort during summer and winter climates. Opted for the medium as firm was too firm for me personally.

Purchased in May 2018.