Ecoya

Ecoya

Brand Manager for Ecoya? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Cheap, nasty wicks.

I have been buying Ecoya candles for years & never had a problem paying $30 to $45 dollars for them until my last 2 Ecoya candles, I bought them from different retailers & they're different scents, one was vanilla the other the lotus, I found the wicks when they burnt bubbled up like cheap ones and there was a lot of black smoke & really no fragrance, I'm wondering if they've changed manufacturers as they burn like a candle from the two dollar shop. I've since discovered Dusk candles in particular the Belladonna range & cannot rate them highly enough, so if you're looking for an alternative give these a go..

Susie S.
Susie S.South East Queensland, QLD

Cannot open pump bott

Very upset with Ecoya lack of customer service to my issue. I purchased 4 of their beautiful smelling liquid hand soaps online. I am unable to open any of the pumps so have been transferring to China pump bottles. After 2 weeks it separates into a watery liquid with big white lump at bottom of bottle. So two issues here. Have emailed videos and photos but no response. Very unsatisfactory

Date PurchasedJanuary 2021

Definitely need more scent

I have brought their vanilla candle & car diffuser and the vanilla smells so good when you smell the candle but nothing when you burn it. And from when I first put the car diffuser in I have never been able to smell it either. I really wish they added more scents to their products because they do come out with fun new flavors which I would love to try! The packing is cute and fresh but just disappointing with the smell. Maybe there is an inconsistency when the wax is being made because I have read some people do smell strong so not sure.

JSB
JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful candles and incredible customer service from Ecoya

Heimana
HeimanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fresh pine is more like off pine

I have been buying Ecoya candles regularly in 2020, probably 5 or 6 big size candles. My most recent one is the Fresh Pine limited edition which cost a little bit more. Really disappointed with the smell for nearly $45. A limited edition release is supposed to be exquisite in any possible way, particularly when it comes to the fragrance of a candle. I should have got a Glasshouse candle or Peppermint Grove. Anyway Fresh pine from Ecoya is not worth buying.

Very disappointed

Very disappointed, I have bought Ecoya candles for 20 years or more and this year I purchased 4 fresh pine candles for gifts and one for myself, in the past the house smelt like a pine forest but this year nothing. I won't be buying them again.

Cathy 06
Cathy 06Sydney, NSW

Waste of money

Have been using candles for the past 9 months while working from home and the Ecoya ones have been the worst. They were also the most expensive. They only burn down the middle so I ended up throwing half out because I had no more wick. I had bought two and thought the first one was just bad luck but the second did it too. One star for the nice smell.

Bernie
BernieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

it exploded

used my candle proberly 4 times over the last week only burning at 3 hours per day , today it just exploded , messaged but didnt really give a crap and just kept asking for a number , the candle was brought for mothers day

PoshBlondie
PoshBlondieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed

Very disappointed in this brand. Not very fragranced when burning. I’ve bought other brands that make my whole house smell beautiful even when the candle is not burning. Despite me trimming the wick as recommended, the burn it uneven and a lot of product is lost. I contacted Ecoya customer service via a feedback form on their website and no one got back to me. Very disappointing and unprofessional. Ecoya, you lost a loyal customer.

No scent throw

I received this Beautiful candle for my birthday. The Candle burns nicely however hardly a scent, not very powerful and does not last long. In this price range I was expecting more from the candle.

justaguy
justaguyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful fragrance

I’m someone that always has multiple scented candles in the house and have tried pretty much all the best brands. I keep going back to ECOYA because I love the abundance of choice, the fragrance truly perfumes the home and I’ve never had one I don’t like the smell of. I’ve had to mark them down a little as on a few occasions I’ve had a candle that hasn’t burnt evenly and has tunnelled through the wax, that’s annoying when you’re paying for quality and want the best. Apart from that, you can’t go wrong with ECOYA, they make a great gift too.

Nhora H.
Nhora H.Sydney, NSW

Smell is good

As always, I love the smell of the Ecoya candles, but they should make it double wick instead of single wick. Everytime I burn one of their candles, there is a tunneling effect and you just get alot of wasted wax stuck on the side of the jar.

Mim
MimMelbourne

Love the fragrance but hate that my Ecoya candles always tunnel

Every time I use an Ecoya Candle I end up disappointed. The fragrances are lovely but for some reason they always tunnel and I end with at least a third unusable.

All the other brands, as long as I burn the first time to the edge, are fine! Anyone else experiencing this with Ecoya?

Melinda Groot
Melinda GrootPerth

Amazing long lasting smell

My husband got me this for my birthday, initially I was disappointed with a candle gift until I lit it. The aroma this candle gives off is amazing and it lingers for almost a week, doesn’t dissipate as soon as it is extinguished like some. It is expensive for a candle but because of the long lasting smell it doesn’t need to be used continuously to be effective. I am hooked now, I want to try all the flavours!

esp
espMelbourne

Scentsatitional

Received a Maisy Jar candle in Rose, Jasmine & Sweet Cedar. The aroma is strong even when it’s just sitting on the coffee table. Lit, it fills the room. The scent is gorgeous, warm & inviting without overpowering. The jar is cute too, very pretty. I thought nothing could beat Glasshouse in that price range, but I much prefer Ecoya. It seems to be burning faster than Glasshouse, and only 1 wick, so not as evenly. I’ve seen them on sale at Myer, so will be trying more fragrances.