Amazing suction

This vacuum is amazing. I have a German shepherd who sleeps inside, and sheds everywhere. This picks up everything. It’s super light weight so I actually enjoy vacuuming now. It’s great!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

This vacuum has some serious design faults that need to be addressed (or ours is faulty)

Having moved on from a previous Electrolux, the Ultra Performer which was excellent, we had no hesitation in looking at another Electrolux. We use this vacuum on hard floors only and the machine is filled with dust and lint within minutes. The cone type filter on the top of the machine gets clogged instantly and the filters get dirty within a few minor uses. The performance of the vacuum dramatically drops if you don't clean these filters and empty the canister, which I understand, but surely not after 5 minutes?! There is no way you can even complete 4 rooms unless you empty it completely and clean out the cone filter. It also pushes out a lot of heat. We also purchased the Silent Parketto hard floor nozzle which is apparently "quieter" but that is totally false. I find it interesting now this vacuum is discontinued?

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $329.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Wood
Clogging Issues Yes

Does the job. Let's see how long it lasts.

This vacuum cleaner is used only on tiled floors (and for cleaning the car), so I can't really comment on how well it cleans carpeted floors.

Pros: Adequate suction, long cord, easy to empty and clean dust container, convenience of all-in-one accessory tool.

Cons: Looks and feels like it's made with cheap plastics, so I'm not overly confident how long it wall last. The all-in-one accessory tool is difficult to detach once used and in crevice tool mode isn't very long; individual tools would have been better (but of course dearer to produce).

It's also pretty noisy.

I do get the feeling that this vacuum cleaner has been built down to a price, but to be fair it has reasonable suction, is easy to use and is pretty compact to store. It doesn't seem especially prone to tipping over and is relatively easy to maneuver.

So on the face of it I'd have to say it's OK and I would recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Tiles

Disappointed

We've had this vacuum over 2 years & although it has great suction on our high pile carpet it overheats all the time & the power head keeps cutting out. Just out of warranty & power head is completely dead:( Might be OK if you don't use it too frequently but considering the cost I would not recommend it.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No
Dear Gordy, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear of the overheating occuring on your vacuum and the power head being faulty. I would love the opportunity to trouble-shoot with you and to assist with your power head. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | 2yo ZUF4307ACT | Ticket 830188 | Overheating & Power Head No Longer Working." Please include your full name and number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thank you in advance.

Does a great job but could improve some areas

I am quite impressed with this vacuum cleaner. I must say that it is the best vacuum I have owned so far. It sucks well even when the rug looks clean, it still manages to pick up dust, lots of it, when you see it filling up inside the bag less bit. The downside for me is that it shuts down automatically for sometime, perhaps from overheating at the maximum number 5 but I'm not sure if this is the reason. My other concern is that although it does an impressive job at suction, the connecting stick/brush becomes weak when picking up dirt from the rug at a certain stage. I started noticing this after a few months after usage.

Purchased in September 2018.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues Yes
Hi Favca Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Vacuum We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with model ZUF4303PET. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy with reference 817558 Thanks Kathy

So disappointing

Being an 'Animal Allergy Pro' I expect this vacuum to be very efficient in picking up pet hair but this is not the case.
When using the vacuum
Dog hair keeps building up around the conical filter
Hair comes up out of the dust bin and sits at the dust bin opening (the dust bin is not full)
The turbo head only works on very low pile carpet
The filter smells even after being rinsed and dried after each use as well as replaced every few months
Electrolux tell me this is all normal and part of customer maintenance, they were very unhelpful.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Works OK but plastic used is useless

We have owned our machine for 3.5 years and as far as cleaning house (and car is concerned) the vacuum cleaner works well. BUT... we had the cleaning head (not a power head) replaced under warranty and now the replacement is also stuffed. Our Tellus lasted us 20+ years but this one requires a new head and hose. And because it has a square filling, generic heads don't fit.
So if you don't use it often and are real gentle with it, it will work well for you, but otherwise don't expect the bits made of plastic to last. I expected a lot more for my money as this isn't a cheap machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Not Happy Stops working in 40 min.

The vacuum cleaner stops after 40 minutes of work from over heat. Is there a solution to have this resolved?
I don't know.
I need help I do not want to buy another vacuum cleaner, Well not Electrolux that's for sure!
I am looking fo an alternative to Electrolux vacuum cleaner

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Josef Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the vacuum. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Thanks

Rubbish

We have owned this vacuum for around 8 months after owning 2 Dyson machines. Since we’ve had it, it has blocked multiple times, the filters need constant cleaning, the turbo head intermittently looses power and now the handle has cracked. Purchased after recommendation from a consumer site. Initially cleaned well but long term it has been a poor choice. Poor quality in all respects, I would not recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Worst Vaccum ever! Have to scrape off lint ATLEAST 3-4 times just to vacuum my 120m2 3 bedroom home.

I purchased this vacuum about a year ago. It kept cutting over heating and cutting out. I took it back to Briscoes who gave me a new one. Again this vacuum is more trouble than what it is worth.
I have to clear the top filter atleast 3 times just to get around my three bedroom home.
I took back to Briscoes and the manager told me that it is designed that way and all vacuums are the same.
Having to clean your filter 4 times in one session is the norm apparently.

This product is not fit for purpose.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great vacuum

Great vacuum cleaner. When storing can be unstable but while using it is stable and doesn't tip over. Every now and then power cuts out but think it does it when filters get blocked. I am in a dusty environment so clean filters every 3weeks. Easy to maneuver and lightish to lift. Makes the carpet feel clean. Picked up double the amount of dirt compared to my old vacuum.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Power issues blamed on filters

After less than 1 year of use we sent back due to the power not working properly. The automatic winder would wind by itself after just a few months and eventually the power would only work when fully extended, but had to be held out. When brought in under the 5 year warranty dust in the filters was the reason for the cord damage! Not impressed and will certainly not purchase an electrolux in the future.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi SsF, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Vacuum. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concern. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au with reference 713848 attention Rumana. Thanks Rumana.Thanks Rumana. We have already sent to electolux and it will not be covered by warranty and have had to pay $62 for that. Have already discussed with "customer service" and after that experience will chose not to purchase this brand again.

Great for pet hair

Love this vacuum, I've had it for over 2 years. Easy to use, fantastic suction, picks up stubborn pet hair. Simple to retrieve something that accidentally gets sucked up. Not very noisy, long cord, simple to empty the barrel. Don't have to rinse the filters very often either. Can recommend, value for money.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Powerful, clean any surface

I have this for almost 9 months now replacing the noisy Hoover. Suction power is so good so I only need to set at 2/5 on wooden floor and 3/5 on carpet (med thick), meaning less noise & electricity. Less noisy than replaced Hoover so now my 5yo son can still play while I am vacuuming. I love the longer cord too. Barrel capacity is not too big so for my fortnightly uses I need to empty it half way through the vacuuming.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Warranty Service GREAT!

I was very disappointed, but I have since changed my mind. I replaced my ten year old Miele vacuum (which still worked) with this bagless Electrolux, hoping to save on purchasing bags. The Electrolux is a bit of work to maintain cleaning and replacing filters. I've had it two years and the power switch would not work. Luckily, I did save my proof of purchase. I contacted Electrolux and they arranged a courier and picked it up the following day. I got it back repaired a day later! I guess you just have to weigh the pros and cons of a bagged machine to a bagless. As far as cleaning it works great! Thank you Electrolux for your service.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

absolutely terrible.

We Have a small home and this vacum cuts out and overheats constantly even on a wooden floor. I contacted the service centre who blamed my wool rug for the fault so the issue is still not resolved . Worst vacum cleaner ever. I will not be recommending this vacum to anyone.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Cleans perfectly from all corners

This Vacuum cleaner cleans every corner efficiently and cleanly. I would definitely recommend buying this product to interested buyers. having been using for over 3 months closely. Another best feature is this cleaner is bagless and has speed variations. I bought this in Appliances Online, quickly delivered on placing the order.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent suction, read the reviews very helpful

Excellent suction, read the reviews very helpful, this one has a black handle some come with a white handle and the position of the handle is under not on top, I think it is better. Little hard to use. I have been using this vacuum for one month and the hose is easier to handle not so stiff. very long cord. A helpful tool is an adapter to switch to the older style, round tubing, so you can use them.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic vaccum for poeple with pets

Highly recommend this vaccum for anyone with pets. It's a winner!
Easy to use, lightweight, small and compact. If you have allergies or children and looking for an effective cleaning solution, then you must consideer this produst, you won't be disappointed. In terms of avlue for money, the vaccum was very affordable when comparred to other similar products.

Great vacuum cleaner.

It’s a very powerful and reliable vacuum cleaner. We use it to vacuum our tile, timber floors and carpet. It also works very well with pet fur. We used this vacuum cleaner to clean our mattress and it picked up very fine dust from our 3 months old mattress. We are very happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

I've removed and washed the inner filter pad (thin white layer on one side and thick black foam on the other side). Which way does it go back in? I can't find my instruction manual.
The black side goes in first. i.e. when reassembled the black side faces towards the front of the machine where the hose attaches.thank you so much!

hi, i cant seem to extend handle on electrolux now.I seems as though it has stuck and no movement?Hard vacuuming on a short handle lol

My ultra flex wont start! Have had to wiggle the on off button to get it to start lately but it wont start at all today! Thoughts please?
It could be the switch, but it could also just be a faulty plug. Ours turned out to be the plug - which is a much easier fix. If you don't know what you're doing take it to an electrician, (Don't pay for them to come to you) - it will literally take less than 5 minutes. But if it is the switch that is a much more complex problem - sorry.

Ultraflex Animal Allergy Power (ZUF4307ACT)Ultraflex Animal Allergy Pro (ZUF4305AF)Ultraflex Animal Allergy (ZUF4303PET)Ultraflex Origin (ZUF4301OR)Ultraflex Green (ZUFG4201OR)Ultraflex Animal Allergy (ZUF4203PET)Ultraflex Animal Allergy Pro (ZUF4205AF)Ultraflex Allergy (ZUF4201OR)Ultraflex Animal Allergy Power (ZUF4207ACT)Ultraflex Classic (ZUF4202EU)
Price (RRP) $699.00$399.00$549.00$439.00$299.00$549.00$649.00$449.00$799.00$399.00
Bin Capacity1.7 L1.6 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Weight5.4 kg5.31 kg5.3 kg5.31 kg5.4 kg5.4 kg5.4 kg5.4 kg5.4 kg5.4 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Power1,600 W1,600 W1,600 W1,600 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateNov 2014Nov 2014Nov 2014
Replaced byElectrolux Ultraflex Animal Allergy (ZUF4303PET)Electrolux Ultraflex Animal Allergy Pro (ZUF4305AF)Electrolux Ultraflex Origin (ZUF4301OR)Electrolux Ultraflex Animal Allergy Power (ZUF4307ACT)

Download manual