3Elevit

May cause stomach pain

MaxDanger
MaxDangerPerth, WA5 posts

Eat a healthy diet

Excessive number of ads on YouTube. Eat a healthy diet instead of chemicals.
Eden
EdenPerth, WA3 posts

Wouldn’t buy again

Unfortunately Elevit made me feel super sick. I was constantly nauseous and had diarrhoea, both which resolved the moment I switched prenatals. I did love the ease of the all in one product but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.
Kirsten
Kirsten Perth, WA4 posts

Would not recommend - body buzzing sensations

I used this with my first pregnancy and didn’t really notice anything out of the ordinary but then I began using the breast feeding vitamins and was experiencing body vibrations/buzzing at night that got so bad It was causing insomnia and driving me absolutely crazy, once off the tablets went away. Second pregnancy and began taking elevit again, body vibrations have began again…stopped taking the tablets and stop straight away. one day of taking and they start again.
Rachel
Rachel4 posts

Awful

All the chemist warehouse reviews are amazing, It must be lies. I have tried to leave a review on their website but it won't let me ... these made me burp fish all day. I was so nauseous. What a waste of money.
BBB
BBB

This product should probably be taken off the shelves!!

Elevit ruined my 1st trimester of pregnancy! At first, I thought morning sickness came around early this time (2nd pregnancy). But my nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and overall sickness got worst until I finally realised something was terribly wrong, and I felt like I was dying. I've stopped taking the vitamins now, and feel 100% improvement. But I think it will take me a while to recover from the damage this product has caused me.
Kavita S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Consult Your Doctor Before Buying

I started taking these tablets and for a week all went well. However, from third week onwards, I started getting really worst spasm in my stomach. Once I took the tablets in the night and went to sleep, I used to get the worst spasm ever. My stomach was all well when I stopped taking it. Be careful. Show details
Alex F
Alex F2 posts

Nicole
NicoleSouthwest, VIC

Do not buy

I started taking these while trying to conceive on advice from my doctor. I experienced severe nausea, bloating, constipation and general fatigue. I took it for three weeks thinking that I was possibly pregnant given these symptoms.

I cannot believe that this product continues to be recommended by doctors. Show details

Justine B.
Justine B.

Do not recommend!

This product made me short of breath, fatigued, nauseas. I realised after 2 and a half weeks of taking the tablet that it had caused all of these symptoms. I stopped taking it and only started feeling better over a week later. I just looked up the side effects and I had nearly all of them - difficulty breathing - skin effects: rash, itching, redness, blisters - weak or rapid pulse. These are all listed as side effects. Do not recommend. I’m just glad I wasn’t taking these pregnant, just as a prenatal supplement.
Novad239
Novad239Perth, WA2 posts

Do not use!

I started taking Elevit when I was 4 weeks pregnant and had quite bad morning sickness. I thought it was normal so I tried taking my prenatal at different times of the day to try to get it to stay down but noticed each time that within 20 minutes I would be throwing up. I stopped immediately once I saw reviews online and got the NaturoBest prenatal instead and my morning sickness has completely gone away.
I do not recommend Elevit whatsoever. Show details
Courtney
Courtney

Overpriced and upset tummy

I regret spending $69 on these. I took for a week BEFORE I was pregnant and I was so nauseas, cramping, bloating, constipation. Went off and I was fine again. These are terrible. All synthetic supplements for way overpriced. Use the money to get Kin or Naturobest instead. Way better activated natural vitamin ingredients that are easier to digest for a similar price. Show details
Samantha N.
Samantha N.Canberra Central 2601, ACT5 posts

Do your research before taking a pregnancy supplement

I have found doctors over the years have willy nilly recommended elevit...I think some mention it may upset my stomach. Ive always just resorted to elevit because the name I suppose is well advertised and the doctor named it..... DONT TAKE IT! I have stupidly made the mistake of taking these on and off over the years, each time was a waste of money. This last round, being pregnant I ready had terrible nausea but through a process of elimination, and a light bulb moment I realised I NEVER felt good on elevit. Always sick in the guts and cramping. Since I stopped taking them and went to another brand (kin) the cramping completely stopped. Changes in your digestion through pregnancy is hard enough to deal with so don't risk taking these! Show details
Lara
LaraWimmera, VIC3 posts

Worst experience with a supplement ever

I ran out of my normal pregnancy vitamins which I bought abroad, so my doctor recommended Elevit and I took it at week 23 of pregnancy.
This supplement gave me hell. I took it before bed, woke up in the middle of the night with cramps, then felt nauseous the whole day after that, even vomited once (so far).
Being well into my second trimester, I have not been experiencing nausea or vomiting for over 10 weeks. I had the same dinner as everyone else yesterday, which was fresh and cooked at home, nobody else feels bad afterwards, so I am pretty confident Elevit is the culprit.
A waste of $60!! Show details
Sabrina A.
Sabrina A.Sydney, NSW3 posts

First tablet and it gave me hell!

Found out I'm 2-4 weeks pregnant and the Dr recommended Elevit. The first tablet right after dinner gave me a bloated and tight tummy. And right before bedtime it progressed to a gnawing pain which progressed in intensity the whole night!

I was in a fetal position, tossing and turning all night, oh my goodness!

By early morning, I vomited TWICE, and only then the pain stress to ease and was resolved with an antacid. Worst experience with a supplement ever! Show details

Kate
Kate2 posts

Don’t use it

After having problems with blackmores gold I tried elevit and silly me I didn’t read reviews, I wish I had. I was so fatigued I couldn’t do anything for days, first day not taking it and I’m still feeling exhausted, made my period cycle longer and gave me terrible stomach cramps, I am no longer using pre conception tablets and will just take folate, please think twice before using this!

Mrs B.
Mrs B.

Can i take elevit tablet i have pcos try to concive

Kavita S.

I would suggest check with your doctor.

Melissa B.
Melissa B.

Does Elevit affect your hormones?

sudeep k.
sudeep k.

Elivet messed with my period my period was sometimes 10 days early amd sometimes 15 days late.

Jemila A.
Jemila A.

Can elevit increase blood sugar?

Features:

• Elevit is a multivitamin and mineral supplement specifically made to help women meet their nutritional needs when they’re trying to conceive, are pregnant, or breastfeeding.
  • The formula contains selenium, which supports immune system function and is vital for a baby’s brain and nervous system development.
  • Vitamin D is included to promote bone health and muscle strength, as well as assist with cell growth and development in your bub.
  • It contains folic acid, an essential nutrient that aids general growth and development and can help prevent neural tube defects.
  • It also has a high iron content, helping support your immunity and boost your energy levels so you can do away with fatigue.
  • Elevit also contains iodine for cognitive development in children; magnesium for healthy bones and teeth; and various B group vitamins.
  • A 100 pack of tablets usually retails for around $70.

What did reviewers have to say about Elevit?

Reviews were well and truly mixed about Elevit. One notable point of praise was that Elevit seemed to make reviewers feel more energetic, however there were still some reviewers who said exactly the opposite - that Elevit made them feel fatigued.

Many reviewers also said that Elevit caused them constipation - this is likely due to its high iron content. Among negative reviews, another common pain point was that the supplement caused stomach pain in reviewers.

The bottom line? Like any product, this one isn’t for everybody (but perhaps moreso). Preconception, pregnancy and the postpartum period can be particularly difficult times for women, and with all the extra symptoms and ailments that women experience during these periods, finding the right supplement can be a tricky process of trial and error that they (understandably) may not have the patience for.

Read through reviews yourself if you’re considering taking Elevit to see if it may be right for you.

• GTIN14: 09310160816245