Elevit

Elevit

See the Best Pregnancy Supplements in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Elevit? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Can increase energy

Cons

• Might bring on constipation

• May cause stomach pain

Louise
LouiseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works for me but terrible constipation

I’ve taken elevit throughout both pregnancies and didn’t experience any of the nausea side effects mentioned below. I did feel more energised and the only downfall was that it gave me terrible terrible constipation throughout my pregnancy. My obstetrician advised to every now and again to take a small break from it to help get things moving again. Other than that it’s been pretty great! I also took the breastfeeding elevit for my first baby and I swear it made me feel a lot more energised, and helped a lot during those newborn days.

Emy
EmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible side effects

Purchased in September 2021 for $69.99.

Gave me cramps, increased my nausea

I started taking Elevit when I found out I was pregnant. I started getting severe nausea approx. 15-20 minutes after taking it and then began experiencing severe cramping. The cramping was so bad that I thought I was having a miscarriage and literally had to stop what I was doing to lie down every time. This went on for two weeks before I accidentally forgot to take my Elevit and felt better. I stopped taking it after that and never felt these symptoms again! I now just take separate folate and vitamin d supplements as this is what my GP recommended. If you're experiencing these symptoms please don't discount that it could be the Elevit!

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

Excruciating pain for 12 days

Oh my god! You have all saved my life. The past 12 days I’ve been in excruciating pain.. which has caused me to take sick leave and be absolutely miserable. Today I had hardly any pain and realized I forgot to take elevit.. took it at dinner and now I have the worst stomach pain and gas!
I thought it was my IBS flaring up or something was wrong with bub. I can’t believe they can still sell this product

Angie K.
Angie K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible example of a nutritional supplement

The facts are it's a synthetic blended formula in a tablet with very low dose of B vitamins & synthetic folic acid. Shame on GPs recommending this for preconception & during pregnancy. If I could rate it a zero I would have

Nikki M.
Nikki M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do your research

**Personal experience only apologise if to much information**
I started elevit 2 days after finding out that i was pregnant and stopped taking it 2 weeks later due to gas and cramping which caused me anxiety something was wrong. Doctor said that there is to much iron in this tablet for me since stopping cramps and pains have relaxed. Not saying its bad at all but do your research.

Ellice
Ellice Perth, WA

Messed with Period cycle

I’ve always been very lucky to have very regular 28 day cycles. I started taking elevit a month ago and my period is late by two days and I’m experiencing uncomfortable cramps. I wanted to take elevit to help before my partner and I start trying next month. Definitely not pregnant and upset that it’s messed with my cycle.

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Anna
AnnaPerth, WA

Headache, lack of appetite, nausea

Terrible, I'm 7months pregnant I was taking forever mum but it wasn't available anymore at the store so I got elevit, 2 days taking it and it's horrible, headache, no appetite, nausea, lightheaded, waste of money.

Purchased in July 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $28.49.

DNR
DNRPerth, WA

Caused terrible stomach pains

Tried this at six months pregnant for approximately three days. Within half an hour of consumption, each time, I had terrible stomach pains and belching. I overheard women talking about how bad this product is but, went against my better judgement and bought it any way. Huge waste of money. It was honestly quite distressing to be in so much pain and wondering whether my baby was feeling the pain too and if he’s okay.

Purchased in June 2021 for $62.00.

Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW

Elevit anti nausea will make you more nauseous

Elevit’s pregnancy nausea tablets are so large there’s no way someone who is actually nauseous could swallow one! I even tried to dissolve it and it wouldn’t work. Who designed this tablet?

Purchased in February 2021 at Chemist Direct.

Never touching it again!

I wish I read these posts before starting elevit. Started taking it pre-pregnancy for 2 months with nausea, extreme fatigue, no energy, severe cramps and no period for now 50+ days. Here’s hoping it comes back as this week I would normally get it. If not it will be 2 months since my last cycle. I was recommended this by my gp. Since starting it no periods or ovulation but very ill! Has people got their periods back after coming off elevit and how long does it take?

Purchased in February 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $90.00.

Mahsa H.
Mahsa H.

After reading comments, I found the reason of my nightmare these days!

Purchased in April 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

Abby
Abby

Made me too sick to walk

Purchased in January 2021.

NimYork
NimYorkPerth, WA

Works for me so far

I’ve been on this for about month now. I think it does give me more energy which is a huge plus. I have noticed darker stool though which I think is due to the high iron in it. It does cost more than the alternatives and it may not be everyone but it gives me peace of mind while TTC being the most popular prenatal out there

Karossm
KarossmSydney, NSW

Excruciating abdominal pain

I started taking these vitamins when I found out I was pregnant and two days later I started having excruciating abdominal cramps leading to several visits to the hospital.

I didnt know it was the vitamins until I stopped taking them 3 weeks later and the pain ceased within a day. It was so stressful considering I was just pregnant, i strongly encourage to not take this or to closely monitor if you are feeling any side effects, I dont wish what happened to me upon anyone

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $60.00.

Jemila A.
Jemila A.asked

Can elevit increase blood sugar?

Mehar M.
Mehar M.asked

Can I eat elevit during periods ?

Mta
Mta

Read my review below . Elevit is a terrible product .

Josephine
Josephineasked

Am not pregnant yet but am planning to be pregnant please can I use elevit tablet to get pregnant?

Features:

• Elevit is a multivitamin and mineral supplement specifically made to help women meet their nutritional needs when they’re trying to conceive, are pregnant, or breastfeeding.
  • The formula contains selenium, which supports immune system function and is vital for a baby’s brain and nervous system development.
  • Vitamin D is included to promote bone health and muscle strength, as well as assist with cell growth and development in your bub.
  • It contains folic acid, an essential nutrient that aids general growth and development and can help prevent neural tube defects.
  • It also has a high iron content, helping support your immunity and boost your energy levels so you can do away with fatigue.
  • Elevit also contains iodine for cognitive development in children; magnesium for healthy bones and teeth; and various B group vitamins.
  • A 100 pack of tablets usually retails for around $70.

What did reviewers have to say about Elevit?

Reviews were well and truly mixed about Elevit. One notable point of praise was that Elevit seemed to make reviewers feel more energetic, however there were still some reviewers who said exactly the opposite - that Elevit made them feel fatigued.

Many reviewers also said that Elevit caused them constipation - this is likely due to its high iron content. Among negative reviews, another common pain point was that the supplement caused stomach pain in reviewers.

The bottom line? Like any product, this one isn’t for everybody (but perhaps moreso). Preconception, pregnancy and the postpartum period can be particularly difficult times for women, and with all the extra symptoms and ailments that women experience during these periods, finding the right supplement can be a tricky process of trial and error that they (understandably) may not have the patience for.

Read through reviews yourself if you’re considering taking Elevit to see if it may be right for you.

CategoryPregnancy Supplements