Emma Original Mattress

Emma Original Mattress

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

PunkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic value and excellent customer service

The mattress was good when I first received it but I thought it was a touch firm so ordered the free foam topper. Delivery was within a few days of ordering.
They offered an extension of the warranty period as well which was not needed.
Really the mattress without topper was very good and I had no real complaints but also feel the topper just makes it slightly more comfortable.
Delivery and customer service was first class.
The zone system also lets me sleep on my side, back or front so is very flexible.
I was offered a $25 discount for this review but have not taken it up.

Purchased in December 2020 for $600.00.

Alyce94

Alyce94

Advised problem with my payment yet they took money out of my account

Bought a King mattress and received a confirmation email no issues and money came out of my account. Next day receive an email advising problem with funds, yet there wasn't and money came out of my account and I confirmed this with the bank.

I need this rectified asap yet no customer support number and looks like this has happened to several people

Purchased in February 2021 for $650.00.

Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hi Alyce, we'd like to apologize for any mishaps we made regarding your order, we have sent you a message asking you for your order number so that we can escalate your issue with our Support Team who will be able to assist you further. Thank you.

Nicolas G.

Nicolas G.South East Queensland, QLD

Above and Beyond expectations.

After moving interstate and needing a mattress asap, I was amazed at the incredible delivery time. I put the delivery order in at 6:30am and it managed to arrive by 4pm that afternoon - amazing! It took barely days to adjust, and as a very hot sleeper, I can comfortably say that this mattress does a great job of dissipating heat. Excellent Product, great price and fast delivery, definitely recommend.

Helen

HelenMid North Coast, NSW

Very impressed with our Emma mattress!

My husband did a lot of research about mattresses prior to our purchase of the Emma mattress and it has exceeded our expectations. Neither of us are aware of the other getting out of bed and the mattress maintains its shape very well with no dents from where we have slept.

Purchased in January 2001.

Fiona

FionaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best mattress I have ever owned

I suffer from severe back issues and this mattress has been amazing. Most mornings I wake up refreshed from a great night's sleep. No sagging or roll together either, I don't even feel my partner turning in the night.

Purchased in December 2020 for $675.00.

Han T.

Han T.Victoria

Fantastic customer service

The mattress was delivered 2 days after I ordered it despite me being in regional surprised me. It was a bit firm for me so I emailed Emma and got a comfort layer which made it more comfortable for me. The mattress seems to be of good quality foam, I've only used it for 3 weeks so far no sagging.

Purchased in January 2021 for $675.00.

Great mattress and service

The mattress is beautifully made and easy to roll out. It has provided a cool sleep in the summer months. The service team have been exceptional with contact and service.

Purchased in January 2021 for $750.00.

Review collected in partnership with Emma Sleep

Scammers, just take customer's money and provide no product nor service

Hi, so far you are the worst company I have dealt with.
You have constantly ignored my refund request and when I have tried to escalate the issue on your Facebook, you just block my account and delete my messages. This is absolutely appalling! I will not stop raising my issue on all social media available until you gave given me my refund! I have placed my order on 02/01/2021 (order number 4000052961) and still haven't received my refund yet! Please refund ASAP!

Purchased in January 2021 for $800.00.

SaggingYes
wyangynz

I have received your emails. As I have told you, my email works fine, just that you haven’t been bothered to send me any, for 4 weeks, until today. Please refund ASAP.

Nicole

NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I’m surprised! Firm but so comforting

This is my first foam mattress so I was worried buying online, but I’m very glad I did! It does feel firm but moulds where it should. I love it.

Boyd and Sarah

Boyd and SarahAU

Definitely recommend this mattress

The Emma mattress is very comfortable and easy to sleep on. I've found that as soon as I lie down I feel like I'll drift off to sleep. I am now getting to sleep easier and I sleep all through the night.

Purchased in November 2020 for $443.26.

Perceived FirmnessSoft

blhiller

blhillerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great mattress!

I previously had the Koala, and I can’t really fault either or say one is better than the other.
I like that the Emma has handles on the side if you need to move it as they are super heavy.
It’s a comfortable mattress however I do find I get hot in the night. I am a side/front sleeper so when my lower back is tight I tend to get a bit of back pain on memory foam mattresses (regardless of brand), but my husband doesn’t and we are happy with our purchase.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side

A bit too firm.

Getting a good night's sleep depends on being comfortable in all lying positions. I have found that the matress si quite supportive. However the comfort level could be improved by reducing the firmness. For my liking, the matress is too firm and lying on my sides blood circulation to my arms is reduced and I get "pins and needles".
I do have neck and shoulder problems and find that there is insufficient "give" in the matree to allow me to easily find a comfortable position. However, once settled, I can, but not always, sleep well. It really depends on my flevel of fatigue.

Purchased in January 2021 at Emma-Sleep.

Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hi Rob, should the mattress be a bit too firm for your liking, you may order a soft comfort layer from us free of charge over at <support@emma-sleep.com.au> to reduce the perceived firmness. Our Support Team will be happy to assist you!

Liz

Liz Sydney, NSW

Level of comfort we didn't know we were missing!

We were a little apprehensive about the 'buy before you try', despite knowing we had 100 days to make up our minds. But, so far sooooo great! Hubbie has a permanent injury to his back, and is waking up with less discomfort. I am sleeping like a dream, and don't get woken up during the night when he gets in/out of bed. Mattress feels quite firm to the touch, but is remarkably comfortable.

Purchased in December 2020.

Disorganised, dodgy, timewasters

Purchased in January 2021 for $800.00.

SaggingYes
NityaD

NityaDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Happy with our purchase

Very comfortable. We get a good night's sleep and wake up fresh.
The firmness is just right for us. We've had it for a month now. Overall very happy with our purchase.

Find out how Emma Original Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Good overall mattress, just a bit too firm for my liking

The purchase and delivery was quick and efficient
The product appears to have a had a lot of thought put into it.
It is just a little bit too firm for my liking

Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hello Tim, we're sorry to hear that the mattress is a bit too firm for your liking. You may order a soft comfort layer from us free of charge over at <support@emma-sleep.com.au> to reduce the firmness.

Love this mattress!

The first morning waking up on this mattress my back felt better than it has in a long time! Usually I'm still and sore but I honestly felt great. Great quality for a good price and able to open and set up with one person

Purchased in January 2021 for $750.00.

Ben S.

Ben S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

7 weeks review

Customer service was really great and the delivery was really good, I got my mattress in 3 days.
The mattress is on the firm side but something that is worth noting is you can feel the mattress is divided into 3 parts. The top and bottom part is soft while the middle is firm.
I went through a few review but it seems no 1 mention anything about it. Is fine if you are sleeping on it but if you sit up on the bottom or top part of the mattress, you'll find yourself sinking.
That was the reason we had to return the mattress.
The customer service reply us quickly and we are waiting for the courier to come pick the mattress up.

Purchased in December 2020 for $531.33.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Sam I Am

Sam I AmGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Emma Mattress - 3 months of sleeping on it

Great Mattress

Very comfortable, I get a good nights sleep. I have had the queen mattress for 3 weeks now and as I have been used to a firmer mattress in the past have ordered the extra comfort layer which should also provide more firmness and longer durability

Purchased in January 2021 for $674.00.

Nikiasked

Original Mattress Queen

Got my mattress today and its not inflating properly. Its expanded in the middle of the mattress but not at the head or feet part of the mattress. So its has massive dips.

Punk

I'd suggest just giving it more time. Mine was OK after a few hours but took a couple of days to settle completely.

Niki

Thanks Punk, I appreciate the quick reply.

Birdman

Birdmanasked

Original Mattress Queen

What is the recommended weight loading for a queen mattress? What warranty do you offer?

Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hello, thank you for your interest! The Emma Original Mattress is constructed in such a way that it can adapt perfectly to any body shape with a maximum weight of 130 kilos. If you are heavier, the mattress may not offer you the perfect support. We offer a 100-night trial and a 10-year warranty - for more details, please visit our website FAQ page. Thank you!

delventop5h

delventop5hasked

Original Mattress

Company is impossible to deal with as no phone number is available.
Very frustrating to deal via delayed emails. Our queen size mattress is wider than claimed 153cm and doesn't fit the bed frame. Lacking the human side of dealing with customers.

Glenn
Glenn

Hi Delventop5h: I guess everyone's experience is different. Our EMMA mattress worked like a charm. I chatted with a consultant on line and didn't try to talk to EMMA on the phone. The consultant was very helpful in the on-line chat. You may want to try that avenue of communication - is what I would suggest. Good luck!

Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hello, thank you for your input! We're very sorry for the experience you've had thus far- this is definitely not the level of customer experience we strive to provide. We have sent you a message asking for your order number so that we can follow up to the Support Team regarding your case. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Emma Sleep representatives

Compare all 5 Emma Original Mattress
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $699.00$899.00$799.00$999.00
SizeSingleDoubleKing SingleQueen
Thickness25 cm25 cm25 cm25 cm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 5 Emma Original Mattress