Emma Original Mattress

Emma Original Mattress

Queen, King, Double, etc...
4.4 from 572 reviews · View Details

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now

4.4

Oddly good

The mattress looked good and was easy to unwrap with the tool they give you.
We let it air out on its own for 24 hours and didn't notice any odd smells.
We found it to be extremely firm and not at all comfortable to sit or lay on BUT we have been having the BEST sleep we've had in a long time.
It's very conflicting to both love and hate this mattress.
It has softened a little and is still giving us amazing sleeps.
We no longer get back pain and actually feel refreshed when we wake up.
It's a really good mattress and I recommend buying it, I only wish it gave you the relaxing feeling of comfort of a softer bed.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$599.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side

David M

David MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent Mattress

I bought it for my fussy teenage son. He said it took a couple of weeks to get used to it, I guess no different than any new mattress. Now he absolutely loves it and says its very supportive and comfortable especially as he always has sporting injuries. I would recommend this product and I will be getting another one for my daughter.
My son loves sleeping with Emma....

Purchased in September 2020 for A$649.00.

Heat Retention Yes

Review collected in partnership with Emma Sleep

Good mattress at reasonable price!

Love the firmness and support.noticed huge positive difference between my old and this mattress. Significant improvement.to sleep quality. Haven’t noticed any sagging so far having used it only for about 3 months

Matt29

Matt29South East Queensland, QLD

Great Mattress

Purchased in September 2020 at Emma & Roe Online store for A$679.20.

Ineke Willmann

Ineke WillmannSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love our Emma mattress

Very happy with the firmness of mattress. Have shoulder and knee problems and from the first night I have slept much better.
Absolutely love it and feel it was the best investment we have made in our health. Great purchase.

Purchased in September 2020.

Mumof557

Mumof557Sydney

Emma the torture bed

So I brought this for my sore back on choice review ratings, what a pain it has been, I have tried every kind of topper to try and mitigate its rock hardness, I can't suffer while I wait for it to adjust. My hips hurt and my lower back hurts and I can't even sleep in as by the time I am awake and aware of the pain I just need to get out of the bed. Hopefully they will honour their money back guarantee!

Purchased in September 2020 for A$700.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused Discomfort Yes
Fatih

FatihGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really Comfortable great Mattress

Mattress is really comfortable. My partner and I happy with the purchase. It is great sleeping without the worry of waking up my partner you can move around and she will not feel it. It would have been more supportive on the edges but overall it is perfect.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$679.00.

Roscoe

Roscoe

I can't sleep properly on this mattress

I purchased the mattress 3 weeks ago and am yet to have a good nights sleep. I am side sleeper weighing 67 kg and have a low Body Mass Index. The mattress looks well made, but it is just it is too hard for me. Apparently there is an additional comfort layer available to try out which I am trying to get.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$730.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

Review collected in partnership with Emma Sleep

No more innerspring for us

I wish we hadn't waited so long to replace our old mattress. 100% convert to quality foam > innerspring. If one of us has to get up earlier than the other, you don't even feel them leave the bed. We are sleeping more deeply now with less awake time (as attested by the sleep stats on my Fitbit).

Purchased in September 2020 for A$679.20.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's ok.

It's ok. Not super comfortable. Quite firm. Not too hot (like a previous Koala mattress was). Why do I have to put in 30 words here. Seems a bit difficult.

Love Love Love It!!

So glad we finally decided to purchase a new mattress. It is a firm mattress but it is so comfortable. It is nice not to lie on the bed and sink into it. My husband and I have definately been sleeping better since we purchased it. Would definately recommend it.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$799.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

Such a comfy mattress

We bought an Emma mattress for our son and it is such a comfortable mattress. Each night when I put him to bed I end up falling asleep in it. It is the perfect firmness & can hold its shape well. Definitely recommend.

Purchased in August 2020.

Leesa Shike

Leesa ShikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A wonderful night sleep

I absolutely love my Emma mattress. I’m so relaxed as the mattress gives me a truly comfortable sleep. The mattress is great quality and durability, I believe this Emma mattress will last me a long time.

Purchased in August 2020 at Online for A$650.00.

Really happy with the Emma

have been so impressed with this mattress purchase and it came in a box which was amazing. The mattress has been so comfy and relieved aches in my hips. There is no disturbance from my partner when they move in bed and we have found the mattress is firm. The mattress is easy to turn with handles on the side and it was so easy how the mattress unraveled itself when taken from the box.

Comfy!

Quite a firm mattress so it took us a week or so to adjust from the old one, but once we did we have been sleeping much better! Comfortable and with good support.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$680.00.

Give it a go!!!!

I have only ever had a spring mattress and the concept of a mattress in a box was strange. But reading the reviews and recommendation by Choice, I decided to give it go. After about a month, I loved it! I am sleeping better and no more waking up with joint pains from sleeping. I love not feeling any movement from anyone else on the bed including pets.

Sleeping PositionFront
Adjustment PeriodMonths

Ambah

AmbahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Emma Queen Mattress

It has been a great mattress so far. It was back to normal size and shape in no time at all. No sagging,great firmness & the delivery was rather quick. Happy with the purchase

Perceived Firmness Medium

I'm a sceptic at the best of times. Great price, great review, but... Well no buts this time, i have literally slept better in the last month than I can ever remember. Not a single back or neck ache, which is amazing for me. I couldn't be more happy with my purchase and I would definitely recommend this mattress.

Purchased in September 2020.

Great for my back

Received my double mattress 1 day after the order was placed.
Unpacking and commissioning was easy and after using it for more than 4 weeks i feel that it does give me more support. I turned the mattress after 4 weeks as suggested and noticed that one of the handles made a sound of tearing, so refrained from using that particular part. Overall I am happy with my purchase and would happily recommend it to anyone

Purchased in August 2020 for A$599.00.

Heat Retention Yes

Grant R.

Grant R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great convenient purchase

The mattress from order to delivery was exceptionally prompt and arrived within 24hours. The mattress took about 2 days to settle out of the box until it had fully expanded it then took about 2 weeks to soften a little although still very firm we have added a topper for extra comfort.
The design and quality is great and exceptional value for money.

Purchased in September 2020 at 12 Volt Direct Online store.

John H.

John H.asked

Original Mattress

need to know the thickness of a double

Simonasked

Original Mattress

We are choosing between you and Koala. Can you tell me who you compare to them? Where are you mattresses made? Are all the awards on your website for the mattress you sell in Australia? Or is it a different mattress? Why are you cheaper than Koala, dos that mean a poorer quality.

Emma Sleep
Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hello Simon, The high quality foams used to make Emma are created in Germany. The processed materials are all fine, durable and produced at top quality facilities. Emma smoothly combines high-quality materials to create a dream-like mattress that conforms to every body type. Through the combination of our extensive research and advanced foam technology, Emma allows you to get the comfiest sleep possible.

The reason why Emma Original Mattress is so much more affordable is because our mattress comes directly from the factory to you. We skip the elegant showrooms and fussy salespeople in order to save you time and money. We skipped on the frills in order to give our customers a lower - and fair - price without skimping on quality. We can actually tell you more about us, just drop us a message at <support@emma-sleep.com.au>.

Simon

Thanks for the info. However yuou didn't answer my question. Can you confirm the mattress you sell here is the same on you sell in Europe. One company I spoke to said it wasnt. I looked at your uk site and the mattress is different. If this is true your awards you advertise on your site are meaningless as they are not for the same mattress. Please confirm for us.
Also where is the mattress made. Created is different to made. Are they made in China.
And lastly does your company or your european owners run this site www.top5bestmattress.com.au

Luna
Luna

I've tried both Emma and Koala. Honestly they don't feel that different to each other, they're both foam and on the firmer side. Emma is cheaper, but their customer service is by email only, very slow and many people have had trouble with delivery and returns. Koala has excellent customer service so if you don't like it, the return is super easy. Hope that helps.

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Original Mattress

We purchased our queen size mattress on 25th August and have been trying to adjust to the firmness but both my husband and I are still finding it far too firm after 4 weeks. It would be really appreciated if you could supply us with the comfort layer that your other customers have been referring to, and hopefully this would help to solve our problem.

katesweeney

Hi Rhonda, l don't work for Emma, l was a customer that had dreadful trouble with the company trying to return my mattress because it was like sleeping on a slab of concrete 'with' an expensive Bambillo mattress topper.

I would NEVER recommend anybody buy an Emma mattress.

katesweeney

If l were you Rhonda l would return it for a refund and buy another mattress like l did as it WILL NOT get any softer.

Emma Sleep
Emma SleepEmma Sleep

Hello Rhonda, thank you for letting us know about this. You may send us a message at <support@emma-sleep.com.au> for your comfort layer request. We will also be sending you a direct message to get your details so we can help with your request.

Get an answer from our members and Emma Sleep representatives