2.4

• Rates and Fees

Ripping off in hot water usage by charging cents/litre. Too high daily supply charges in Gas & Electricity

Everyone please raise your voice for exorbitant hot water usage charged/ litre and gas & electricity supply charges.
Please lodge your complaints to Fair Trading and also with Energy Ombudsman NSW.

VVS
VVS
Vipul Patel

Vipul PatelSydney, NSW

Decent energy company and charges is way less then big companies.

I have electricity connection with Energy Trade and they are very genuine company.
Billing is always accurate and turns out to be less then big energy companies.

Highly recommend them to others

Hi Vipul,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time.
Kath

Best price and excellent service.

We have electricity with energy trade and so happy with their service. Easy to setup your account and excellent customer service. So happy with their prices. Monthly billing system is good.

indy

indySydney, NSW

Super expensive

I have been charged 350 every month for electricity, water, gas, this is really expensive for an embedded network. With my previous energy providers, these charges would be for a quarter. I am really disappointed with this.

Sabina S.

Sabina S.Sydney, NSW

Very affordable price

Electricity bills are affordable. It is very reliable. Set up processes are easy. Not experienced any dropouts yet. I have installed only electricity. It has already been 3 years and we are happy customer.

Hi Sabina,
We appreciate the positive feedback; we thank you for taking the time.

Elena

ElenaSydney, NSW

$200 MONTHLY bill for 2 bedroom unit 2 people household

Energy Trade prices are just insane! I have spoken with their customer service on multiple occasions and the only advice they could provide me with is to use less hot water. This is ridiculous as we are not even using it that much (10 minutes showers and 10 minutes to wash the dishes)!!!
Just for a comparison, my bills with other companies were never more than $110 a month.

Kathy L.Energy Trade

It's a good electricity embedded network

I have electricity service from Energy Trade.
there was couple of issues regarding setup process but all good now, as it is embedded network.
Didn't experienced dropouts so far for a year.

Keisha

KeishaSydney, NSW

Horrible and expensive

Their water billing is ridiculously high and I don’t understand why I am being billed for water when my neighbour in the same apartment unit isn’t being billed for water.

Carla

CarlaSydney, NSW

VERY EXPENSIVE

The unit that I moved into is in an embedded network, I didnt have a choice with the utility providers. I was charged $140 for this month, for a 1 bedroom unit, only 2 people lived in that unit. We barely use the ac. After 2 hours they sent me an email stating that I was undercharged. WTH!! With Origin, quarterly bill is 230-280. Utility bill with this company is freaking expensive!! They charge a daily fee for hot water, electricity supply and gas supply.

Florence towers

Florence towersSydney, NSW

Very Expensive and unreasonable...keep increasing each month

Very expensive rates and very poor customer service, rates going higher and higher each month, for 2 bedroom unit paying $480.00 per month with routine equipment...it’s too high
Worst thing is unable to change provider. Not recommended to anyone to have energy trade.

Florence Towers

Florence TowersSydney, NSW

Very expensive and prices keep increasing

We are living in a building where Energy Trade does billing for electricity, cooking gas and hot water. The prices are very high and they keep going higher. Prices for cooking gas and hot water increased twice in last year. We can't switch supplier as well. Avoid buying or renting into a building where Energy Trade are supplier.

Kaye

KayeSydney, NSW

Great supplier

Power was insitu as part of building. Have had no issues at all. Ease of signing up was a bonus and there have been no issues with supply. There is nothing negative to say

Hi Kaye.
Thank you for the positive review; we are very happy to hear your relationship with Energy Trade is working so well.
Regards,

Asif R.

Asif R.Sydney, NSW

Nothing can be better if you never have to call your energy service

We had the power set-up with energy trade already. Never experienced drop outs. Fantastic pricing. Never had a complaint. Life is good when you never have to call your energy company.

good discount

I have installed electricity in my apartment before I move in, I have no choice, because the all building was locked in energy trade...so I have no idea and no right to change it.but anyway have good discount so far!

Hi Lingli,
Thank you for the lovely review, we look forward to looking after your energy needs.
Regards,

Aimee

AimeeSydney, NSW

These reviews near gave me a panic attack

Hi Aimee,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are thrilled you are happy in your new home; especially given the possible alternatives.

Find out how Energy Trade compares to other Energy Providers

Disgustingly expensive rates compared to other utility companies

If you have a choice (unlike a lot of people) do not rent or buy a property that is under an embedded network managed by Energy Trade, rates are very expensive and ridiculous. [name removed] will do a great job in trying to preserve the brand of Energy Trade (the company should be glad they have an employee like her) but to be honest, the solutions and responses they provide sound like a template. I have challenged them on numerous occasions on how their rates are set up especially their "Hot water usage charges".

Nothing can be done with this mob, its how they have set up their business to earn $$$ off us.

If you don't want to keep receiving negative feedback, listen to your customers and change your rate system.

Batool

BatoolSydney, NSW

Looters

I would have given them -5 stars. They are modern looters , robbers. I wasn’t aware before renting the property of embedded network.
Never ever trust these white collar blood sucking company.
There is no transparency on electricity meter, every month start fresh reading. The gas bill ,touching the sky. Charge on litres and no rebate from govt as it in litres.
And bonus to this they charge daily supply charges too.
I think we should log petition against these company.

Chris R

Chris RSydney, NSW

Really. The place is vacant

Settled on a property 8 weeks ago and had to sign up with this mob as there was no other choice. The place is vacant and the only people who have been into the place is the real estate agent and the contractor to do some repairs. First bill after 30 is over $80 and no one lives there. Contacted them and asked what gives and was told that they charge a daily fee for hot water and gas supply as well as electricity supply. $80 for nothing as its not yet being used. Steer well clear. If I had have known this I would not have purchased the property.

Jane

JaneSydney, NSW

This is ridiculously overcharged.I live on my own in a studio and use very little electricity.

I had no choice but to use Energy Trade and was told we had solar.Not true.Setting up was done on time and is reliable.There have been no dropouts during the time I have had it

Mark B

Mark BSydney, NSW

Awesome and so simple

Energy Trade have competitive rates and really easy to deal with. Opened my accounts quickly and easily, with great customer service. I didn't realize that hot water is now billed separately in new units, but the lady from Energy Trade explained the whole process and made everything very clear.

Kathy L.Energy Trade

Hi Mark, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and review.

PrasannaCasked

Hi everyone,
I was with EnergyTrade in my previous unit for electricity only, the bills seemed somewhat expensive but I didn't think much about it. Now, I moved to a new unit and here it's EnergyTrade for everything (electricity+gas+"HOT WATER"). The idea of charging for hot water per litre seems like a scam to me. I haven't got my first bill yet but after reading all these reviews I fear that I'm in for the worst (Guys! Please don't laugh...)

Now, my questions are
1. What can be done about this (EnergyTrade) legally? Apart from moving out which doesn't solve it.

2. Did anyone made complaints to the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (https://www.ewon.com.au/page/making-a-complaint/complaint-forms), If yes, what was their response?

3. If this many customers are unhappy with something, then I definitely think that should be solved. Should we all sign a petition against EnergyTrade? Would it achieve anything?

4. How does this kind of company is allowed to prosper (charge per litre hot water) ? No regulation, and compliance. Who allowed it to happen? Who can change it?

5. Why don't they charge per Mj instead by calulating a standard such as how many Mj is used to heat one litre or comparing to normal standards around the country. I guess this would make more sense because we are getting charged twice for water.

And finally, I will provide a review once I get my first bill. In the meantime, everyone please provide your opinions. I very much appreciate your time.

Hi Prasanna,
Thank you for posting your questions online. My apologies there has been a delay in responding but I had not noticed any comments in Q&A.
With your new property, your electricity is charged the same as it was previously and our rates for electricity daily supply and consumption reduced on 1 September 2020 and we are competitive with the big 4 retailers.
1. Energy Trade is partnered with Energy Locals, an authorised electricity retailer. Together we look after your energy supply including delivering energy to your home/business, connections and disconnections, billing and payments and supporting customers who need assistance. This arrangement will provide you with greater customer protection in line with the AER's energy market rules.
2. Energy Trade is held to all AER guidelines and energy market rules; allowing any of our customers to complain if they feel we have not met their expectations in some way. The Ombudsman will want to know that we’ve worked together to try and resolve the issue as best as possible and will refer you to our customer service team if we have not been contacted us before.
3. Energy Trade has 1000’s of happy customers but we have never paid or incentivised customers to leave comments online.
4. We understand that a community energy network is something most residents have never been part of in previous properties. We are regulated and follow strict compliance guidelines in line with AER’s energy market rules.
5. While you receive a water bill from your water supplier (Sydney Water), it does not include hot water supply and usage charges. Your building’s Energy Trade community hot water & gas network heats and supplies the water to your apartment.
Prasanna, I encourage you to contact me to discuss your concerns. Please email billing@energytrade.com.au with the subject heading Att Kathy or call 1300 001 255 and ask for me.

PrasannaC

I am okay with the EnergyTrade's electricity service in my previous unit and current unit. But, the hot water, that is a whole different issue which I'm definitely not liking so far and all my comments, questions are regrading only the hot water service and billing. You mentioned that Energy Trade has 1000's of happy customers, I bet none of them are getting "hot water" bill from EnergyTrade.

I don't think any of the large energy retailers charge per litre of hot water for the centralized hot water service. for example, as for Origin and AGL, I found out that they only charge for the amount of gas used to heat the water. Do you still think this is in line with the AER? I would never think that AER would allow something like this. Is EnergyTrade a member of Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW?

Is the hot water metering in line with the metering standards followed nationwide? How does the hot water billing works when the consumer using tepid, slightly warm, and hot water? the amount of gas consumed is not same for all temperatures.

I specifically searched in my friends circles in the same area to find a reasonably comparable usage in everything (electricity, gas, hot water). I compared my energy bills with them and guess what, their three month (gas) bill equals my one month (gas+hot water). Do you still think this is competitive?

This system is disadvantageous if someone needs to claim gas rebates as the billing is not in Mj. Why should someone lose out on energy rebates, especially during present COVID-19 situation.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not received my first bill yet but I calculated the bill using the consumption data. I will comment once I get the bill

Hi Prasanna,
*Almost twice as many of our sites have gas, electricity & hot water.
*You are correct that most companies do not charge in litres; this tends to be a feature of embedded networks.
*Energy Trade is partnered with Energy Locals, an authorised electricity retailer. Together we look after your energy supply including delivering energy to your home/business, connections and disconnections, billing and payments and supporting customers who need assistance. This arrangement will provide you with greater customer protection in line with the AER's energy market rules. We are answerable to the AER and EWON as with other retailers and all of our customers are afforded the same protections.
*If your hot water is mixed with cold water, it will use less hot water. If you had a mixer tap set to the middle; you would use roughly 50% hot and 50% cold water so one litre of warm water in this instance would use only 500ml of hot water. With a Gas or Electricity heated hot water system, you use more heated water, the hotter the water is; the principle is the same.
*Are you calculating consumption through My Account?
*Unfortunately, you are right and it is not possible to claim the gas rebate. We are always pushing for changes in the guidelines to afford our customers the same benefits as they may have enjoyed previously.
Warm regards,

Bhargavi T.

Bhargavi T.asked

Did anybody changed their service provider from energy trade to other?

Richard C
Richard C

No. The only way to change is to move to another place, unless you or the owner is prepared to pay for a new meter, you are locked in.

Get an answer from our members and Energy Trade representatives