Verifiedenergytrade.com.au

95% · 1,22062 · 5%

Rates and Fees
Helpful, supportive staff
Easy to sign up
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,290 reviews
Chris F
Chris FNSWSydney, NSW

Adjusting Payment Options

Great customer service and resolution to adjust a payment option Show details

Greyz B.
Greyz B.

One satisfied customer

I was completely impressed with Rebecca’s professionalism and customer service. Thank you so much. Show details
M. Sansano
M. Sansano

Quick, easy, connected

Contacted Enegry Trade and spoke to Daniel regarding the connection of services at my apartment and was easy and done within 5mins. Quick and easy service with no hassle. Daniel answered all questions (there were a few) and assisted the best way he could! Show details
Hsk J.
Hsk J.

It was a great service provided by one of the customer service representatives whose name Rebecca, she was showing a great attitude. Thank you Rebecca I hope there will be a lot of customer service representatives like you. Show details
Louis W.
Louis W.

Account setup

Debbie was clear and concise and very easy to talk with. Setup an account with her in less than 15mins. Show details

Surjeet
SurjeetNSWSydney, NSW

Good Experience

Never had any issues with Energy Trade.
You can get to someone for support very quickly when you call. Show details
Rates and Fees
Azen Z.
Azen Z.
  Fair Incentive

Best customer service

Rachael is a wonderful lady who helped me opened the account.

So much thanks Show details

Francis
Francis

Excellent assistance

Very helpful and clear conversation. Also very patient and explain all the details clearly Show details
Brook
Brook

Good experience, Helpful staff

Staff are helpful and understanding. I had a good experience today Show details

Tarsha
Tarsha

Very Happy!

I am a new home owner & I called Energy Trade to set up my electricity / gas / hot water. I spoke with Rachael over the phone & she was very helpful in setting up my account & assisting me throughout the process making it an easy transition. Rachael was also very knowledgeable & kind. Show details
Susana
Susana

I have been so depressed over the financial burden of price rising and mortgage payments and just trying to stay on top of things
It’s my responsibility to pay what is due but today being the worst I’ve been I had been blessed to have a caring voice on the other side
I think Marian could here in my voice although she stayed professional she made me feel ok to ask for help
It’s hard so hard these days and sometimes just that one person that you talk to can make you stop and breath for a moment
God bless Show details
Joe
Joe

Rachel is an excellent person to talk to

Talking to Rachel was comforting as she was friendly and familiar with the system. My issues were solved smoothly and explained simply. I left with no worries. Well done and thank you again Rachel. Show details ·  1
Gilbert
Gilbert NSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Fantastic services

I am thrilled with the exceptional service provided by Energy Trade, especially by Deborah. Her in-depth explanation of the product and personalized recommendations truly stood out. Deborah took the time to ensure I understood all aspects of the offers available and helped me choose the best one suited to my needs. Her expertise and dedication to customer satisfaction made the entire experience seamless and enjoyable. I highly commend Energy Trade for their outstanding service and commend Deborah for her exceptional assistance. Show details ·  1
Ali
Ali

Good Company

Good company with flexible payment options and great customer service Show details ·  1
HONGYI LIANG
HONGYI LIANGNSWSydney, NSW

The gist of my experience

Debbie is very nice and patient. Although my english is not very good, debbie is very patient to answer my different questions and provides different details. Thank you so much for debbie's work. Show details ·  1

adam m.

Why is it that our bills are constantly late? Happened a few months ago when you had trouble with your system, late again because of a new system. With all the money you are making with the highest rates going around. You would think it would be sorted without any hiccups.

Dis V.
Dis V.

Yeah, they're incompetent.

adam m.

Honestly they are the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. Everyone I know that have used them have all said the same thing.

Hi everyone,
I was with EnergyTrade in my previous unit for electricity only, the bills seemed somewhat expensive but I didn't think much about it. Now, I moved to a new unit and here it's EnergyTrade for everything (electricity+gas+"HOT WATER"). The idea of charging for hot water per litre seems like a scam to me. I haven't got my first bill yet but after reading all these reviews I fear that I'm in for the worst (Guys! Please don't laugh...)

Now, my questions are
1. What can be done about this (EnergyTrade) legally? Apart from moving out which doesn't solve it.

2. Did anyone made complaints to the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (https://www.ewon.com.au/page/making-a-complaint/complaint-forms), If yes, what was their response?

3. If this many customers are unhappy with something, then I definitely think that should be solved. Should we all sign a petition against EnergyTrade? Would it achieve anything?

4. How does this kind of company is allowed to prosper (charge per litre hot water) ? No regulation, and compliance. Who allowed it to happen? Who can change it?

5. Why don't they charge per Mj instead by calulating a standard such as how many Mj is used to heat one litre or comparing to normal standards around the country. I guess this would make more sense because we are getting charged twice for water.

And finally, I will provide a review once I get my first bill. In the meantime, everyone please provide your opinions. I very much appreciate your time.

Bhargavi T.
Bhargavi T.

Did anybody changed their service provider from energy trade to other?

Richard C
Richard C

No. The only way to change is to move to another place, unless you or the owner is prepared to pay for a new meter, you are locked in.

M. David
M. David

Try AGL although it took 9 months to move

About Energy Trade

Energy Trade is an Australian based and operated company whose goal is to provide sustainable, cost-effective energy solutions.

Services they offer include:

• Energy procurement
  • Managing energy usage
  • Generating energy
  • Implementing energy-efficient technologies for residential, commercial and industrial use

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Energy Trade had helpful and supportive staff who provided plenty of information on energy savings.
  • They also said it was an easy process to sign up and create an account, with staff guiding them through the process.
CategoryEnergy Providers

Energy Locals
Globird Energy
CovaU
Smart Energy

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now