1,318 reviews

Easy to sign up

1,318 reviews
adam m.Sydney, NSW8 posts

Rates always increasing

Just wondering why the rates keep increasing? The current rate is already ridiculously higher than most companies. My partner and I work six days a week and our monthly bill is still normally around $300?!
This company is an absolute scam. Avoid at all costs.
I’ve just recently called up about this issue. The email you sent was a copy and paste from a past email, the rates actually went down. they just couldn’t be bothered to write or at least read the email they sent out. Well done, professionalism at its finest! Show details

Sara
SaraSydney, NSW

Energy Trade review

great communication and clear instructions assistance given when signing up and setting up account Show details
Patrick L.
Patrick L.

Deborah excellent customer service!

Deborah provided an excellent customer service! She helped us onboard us to Energy Trade. She is very transparent on the rates and provided some options to lower our rates. Fantastic! Show details ·  1
Patricia E.
Patricia E.

Excellent customer service

Amazing very understanding customer service. English being a new language, it’s hard to communicate or for people to understand. But Rachael was able to fulfil all my enquires. She went above and beyond providing all the information I needed and most importantly, my energy and hot water will be connected right on time.
Sanjay R.
Sanjay R.

Professional and composed

Very easy communication and patient. And really professional. Answered all my queries and confusion. Show details ·  1

Saad A.
Saad A.Sydney, NSW

Great and informative customer service. I felt comfortable while talking to Debbie

Debbie’s customer service is really impressive and informative. Thanks to her. Show details ·  1
Mariam
MariamCasey 2913, ACT

Helpful staff

I called for electricity account set up. The process was smooth and took only 5 minutes. Debbie was very helpful and efficiently processed my request. Show details ·  1
Lee
LeeGungahlin 2912, ACT

Good customer service

Easy to set up my account as a first time user with the helpful operator Show details
Bianca L.
Bianca L.Sydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

Debbie assisted me with opening an account with Energy trade today with friendliness and efficiency. She defnitely knows what she is doing and honestly offers great customer service. Show details ·  1

Nabin J.
Nabin J.Sydney, NSW

Good Customer Service

Debbie was very good at handling my questions and helped me as well. Show details ·  1
harpreet k.
harpreet k.

Debbie was very nice and polite. She gave an Excellent service Show details ·  1
Hazer N.
Hazer N.

Excellent service

Rachael is very accomodating and prompt to all my request Show details ·  1
Christina M
Christina MSydney, NSW

Helpful support

Spoke to Debbie who was very helpful and quickly set up my service and answered my questions. Show details ·  1
Deepshikha L.
Deepshikha L.

Good experience

The operator was very supportive and explained in detail about the issue Show details ·  1
Keeta
Keeta

Amazing service from Marion!

Was lucky to have Marion assist me today with my invoice enquiry, and she was amazing! She went out of her way to make sure I understood what was going to happen with my invoices (as I’m still a little unsure of how they work) and gave such an easy and understandable solution to them. Call took about 10 minutes to get through and Marion’s department answering my call was prompt. Show details ·  1

adam m.

Why is it that our bills are constantly late? Happened a few months ago when you had trouble with your system, late again because of a new system. With all the money you are making with the highest rates going around. You would think it would be sorted without any hiccups.

Dis V.
Dis V.

Yeah, they're incompetent.

adam m.

Honestly they are the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. Everyone I know that have used them have all said the same thing.

Hi everyone,
I was with EnergyTrade in my previous unit for electricity only, the bills seemed somewhat expensive but I didn't think much about it. Now, I moved to a new unit and here it's EnergyTrade for everything (electricity+gas+"HOT WATER"). The idea of charging for hot water per litre seems like a scam to me. I haven't got my first bill yet but after reading all these reviews I fear that I'm in for the worst (Guys! Please don't laugh...)

Now, my questions are
1. What can be done about this (EnergyTrade) legally? Apart from moving out which doesn't solve it.

2. Did anyone made complaints to the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (https://www.ewon.com.au/page/making-a-complaint/complaint-forms), If yes, what was their response?

3. If this many customers are unhappy with something, then I definitely think that should be solved. Should we all sign a petition against EnergyTrade? Would it achieve anything?

4. How does this kind of company is allowed to prosper (charge per litre hot water) ? No regulation, and compliance. Who allowed it to happen? Who can change it?

5. Why don't they charge per Mj instead by calulating a standard such as how many Mj is used to heat one litre or comparing to normal standards around the country. I guess this would make more sense because we are getting charged twice for water.

And finally, I will provide a review once I get my first bill. In the meantime, everyone please provide your opinions. I very much appreciate your time.

Bhargavi T.
Bhargavi T.

Did anybody changed their service provider from energy trade to other?

Richard C
Richard C

No. The only way to change is to move to another place, unless you or the owner is prepared to pay for a new meter, you are locked in.

M. David
M. David

Try AGL although it took 9 months to move

About Energy Trade

Energy Trade is an Australian based and operated company whose goal is to provide sustainable, cost-effective energy solutions.

Services they offer include:

• Energy procurement
  • Managing energy usage
  • Generating energy
  • Implementing energy-efficient technologies for residential, commercial and industrial use

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Energy Trade had helpful and supportive staff who provided plenty of information on energy savings.
  • They also said it was an easy process to sign up and create an account, with staff guiding them through the process.
CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity

Contact info for Energy Trade

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now